Do I have any legal recourse as far as trying to pursue a claim against an ebay seller who fucked me on a 2tb HD I...

Do I have any legal recourse as far as trying to pursue a claim against an ebay seller who fucked me on a 2tb HD I bought back in August? I wanted to file an issue, but apparently the faggot I bought the shit from got shut down by ebay for being a shitbag.

My HD just died the other day, and it's only 4 months old at the oldest.

You faggots think I have any possibility of getting a new one if I call the manufacturer? I have some dank shit I would really like to get off it if possible, but my OS doesn't even recognize the HDD.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=7m5cil6KezI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

For the record, this was strictly a storage drive with no OS on it. The primary drive is an SSD with Mint 17.3 Mate 64 bit on it.

bump

FUCK YOU

Linux isn't exactly an easy learning curve, but keep with it!

sorry its just its so random it makes me laugh

If you've had it for four months then nope. That's within the timeframe where a court can reasonably expect a hard drive to die, especially if it's secondhand.
If it's under warranty you could seek compensation from the manufacturer, but it probably isn't.

FAGGOT

Woah,nigger. I'm pretty sure nothing about thread implied or stated humor.

I bought the HD as "new other" if I recall correctly. I checked the HD as soon as I got it, and it appeared new when I checked it. Shit sucks because I lost a ton of dank memes among other shit.

I love you, user.

tfw not having all your dank memes accessible at all times so you can meme on anyone at any given time

Sometimes there are tricks to get your HDD working. Fridge/freezer trick and just taking it apart and moving the platter around. I prefer having a dead HDD than a dead SDD because the former is usually fixable but the latter is a goner.

youtube.com/watch?v=7m5cil6KezI

exactly! this is supposed to be serious but then i just posted fuck you! its random and funny to me to think someone is scrolling down and sees my fuck you post! it makes me LAUGH SO HARD

nice dubs. I'll check the link tomorrow after work.

Guess I should probably buy another one before I fuck with this one too much? Everything should fit on my 250gb SSD, but it sucks not having my 2tb drive.

If I ever buy a gopro or two, I'm going to post some videos of me destroying old electronics via firearm.

I wish I could unleash my full shitposting arsenal upon you, but it seems to be lost in the digital ether.

Don't worry, I'm going to get my memes back.

Hard drives are cheap as fuck, why would you buy one from some elf on eBay, user?

The best setup is to always have an extra storage drive kept as a clone of the other, and update it regularly.

Read eBay's Buyer Protection policy to see if you're covered in the case of a defunct seller.

At any rate, it's like said. A hard drive is one thing you should always buy new. They're so cheap now it's not worth risking headaches like this.

di bi fag gibi

lol you are a dumbass. freezing a drive does nothing. Opening a drive outside of a cleanroom ruins it forever. If an HDD has issues, it will have them again, it isnt worth losing data, and drives are cheap.

Also 4 months life for a drive sucks, but it happens, a lot of failures are in the first 6 months.

Just a reminder freezing is something even if not useful in some cases. But what you got to lose at OPs point?

It was about $50 "new". I forget the brand right off hand. I'm using a 250gb SSD for my boot drive, and the 2tb drive that failed was pretty much just to store shit. Basically memes, and other shit that I don't need to take up space on the SSD. Seemed like a good deal, and it worked great, until it didn't.

I did buy it "new". At least that's what the seller listed it as. I didn't notice all the shit reviews on the guy until after I placed the order, otherwise I would have spent another $25 or $50 and got something that would still be working.

barely
it was almost midnight last night when I posted this thread. When I do work, it's not at night.
because I use Mint? It's obviously not Arch or Gentoo, but it's better than wangblows.
I buy a lot of shit from ebay. Save for this HDD and probably 3 other things, ebay has been pretty good to me.

Any reason these two posts were deleted? Had this thread open from last night and these were gone. Doesn't seem to be anything warranting deletion there.

Your mother is a fat ugly whore.

Shit. Can't argue with double dubs. I'll have to let her know.

bump

i wus shitposting, sury
ant sury fur ya dishk
burt srsly

i would avoid ebay/paypal is a sick platform that plays by its own rule and there's low trust

Depending on the manufacturer you only need the serial number of the disk for a standard exchange. Try it on their site.

To recuperate data testdisk is a good bin. Also ddrescue. But if the disk is not detected…

Have you got an external usb sata adapter? They are not expensive and are always useful.

You could buy the same exact model disk and try swapping motherboards. But you have a good chance to end up with 2 bricks and no data.

OP here. Is English not your first language? You're extremely hard to understand.

Also, merry christmas.

was there an X month guarantee, or your money back? I didn't think so…

fuck it, I'll bump this one last time.

>UNITED NATIONS
>POWERFUL
THIS IS WHAT CONSPIRITARDS ACTUALLY BELIEVE.

no