GTFO

They're all shit at this point.

Just go with Lynx and be done with it.

These ones are ok too:
Links
Elinks
w3m

Dillo is alright too, but needs GUI.
Unfortunately the catalog doesn't work 100% here, even if you enable CSS. All the items show, but in a list format instead of table.

I like qutebrowser.

What about Opera?

I've used it a bit, but what are the negatives that I might not have already seen? Are they political activists like google and mozilla? Does it respect my privacy?

Used to hop from one mozilla browser to other. These days just Privoxy + firefox and some adblockers do well enough.

I use PM on my wangblows machine and Luakit on my Slackware chinkpad.

I know Holla Forums likes to call things botnets all the time, but modern Opera is almost certainly and unironically a botnet. They are owned by a Chinese datamining company.

It's uTorrent tier now.

Wow, yeah they were bought in July this year. I guess I won't be using Opera anymore.
I really don't want to use chrome or firefox anymore, but the alternatives all look so unattractive now.

Welcome to the hell. Half of "new" browser startups like Vivaldi and Brave are just Chrome with big bloated UI's pasted on top, and the other half like PaleMoon/Waterfox/Iceweasel/etc are all Firefox.

Honestly the ecology is so shit right now anyways you're better off programming your own web browser, which is embarrassingly and ludicrously easy when you don't try to support HTML5 DRM and cancerous Javascript. It'll break most of the clearweb, but who cares? As long as it displays HTML pages, text, and images what more could you ask for? I guess a built-in GUI for youtube-dl or something.

They use NodeJS so really they're just using the V8 engine and not re-skinning like Opera.

I just use Firefox

Am I a faggot?

Chrome with NodeJS slapped on top is still Chrome.

I'm surprised so many people here shill for Palemoon considering it's developed with Windows in mind**

i am using palemoon, still searching for functional suckless browser, dillo is still work in progres

Gee I wonder why so many people use browsers designed with Windows in mind.

>Demands THE BEST

Browsers are 20th Century technology, brah.

Waterfox

Fiber

I'll give you that killing Javascript simplifies things (and is the right thing to do) but if you think that web standards are easy to implement you have never seen them. These things are complete and utter lunacy.

For a relatively harmless (but still amazing) example, consider this part from the HTTP spec:
What kind of brain damage is necessary to produce this shit? How is a standard supposed to deal with what is by definition outside of the standard's scope? It's essentially saying: "If you know your partner isn't doing proper HTTP, you may do improper HTTP in response, and by doing so, you are doing proper HTTP". Stuff like that is no isolated occurrence and as said in the beginning, it is rather harmless when compared to the rest.

I always wanted a GUI system that could spawn applications in a nested manner. So instead of implementing your own video player in a browser, you would just open your system's video player locally within the page. Unfortunately, no current system supports this afaik.

Yes.

20 years of Internet Explorer in the wild.

It still has working x86 Linux builds though.

That is a wrong question to ask. A more realistic one would be: "what is the least worst browser?"

Answer: Pale Moon and it's an utter piece of crap too

If IE influences standards, that proves my point.

What makes GNU IceCat a poor choice?

I'm liking Brave more and more over time. Still has some more work to do to bring it up to par, but it's very promising.

Shill elsewhere.

It's developed with Visual Studio in mind, they're currently trying to get v27 or 'Tycho' based off a more current version of Firefox because of compilation issues with newer code.

It's quite a balancing act but it's doing fine so far.

Opera pre-7.0 > Opera pre-15.0 > Firefox pre-4.0 > Firefox pre-29 > Pale Moon > Firefox pre-34

We really need some benevolent billionaire to build a new rendering engine.

Qutebrowser

you sure convinced me to ignore him with those hot opinions

All you've convinced me of is your pitiful samefagging.

I'd rather adware be local (and easily disable-able) than be remote and targeted via mass commercial surveillance.

Firefox w/ old-UI-like customizations including Classic Theme Restorer and Status-4-Ever. I see like a Honda Civic, not very fast straight out the car lot but, very fast/usable if you know how to tweak it correctly. I'm not with the limitations on what kind of customizations you can do with Chrome and minimalist browsers like QuiteBrowser just ain't for me. While I see the value in having something like QuiteBrowser and it's perfectly fine if you use it, I'm accustomed to fully graphic software and prefer not to use VIM-like keyboard shortcuts when not needed; I'm capable of doing so however.

Is qupzilla good for a lightweight browser?
I already tried midori but it ran like shit for me.

Renders images like shit. Last time I used it I tried using the image search on Searx and ended up with the thumbnails being their normal height but stretched horizontally all the way across the screen.

no

"influences standards" is a wrong way to put it. The thing is, there are a shitton of websites out there that were written ONLY against an ancient version of IE, and which rely on its bugs, nonstandard "features" and overall wonkiness to display correctly. If a browser started to be pedantic about adhering to web standards, those sites would spectacularly break. And who would Joe the User blame for his websites not working? Not the websites, oh no - they work on other browsers IE, after all! He would say the browser is broken.

So what can modern browsers do about this? They implement "compatibility modes" - special modes of operation in which they replicate IE's behavior, down to every bug and craziness of it. Even IE itself has compatibility modes for older versions of IE. Then they try to autodetect whether the website requires compat-mode (and which one - there's one for every major revision of IE's engine) to display correctly, which itself is a bit of a black art.

Without this pile of hacky crap half of the web would be broken.

So that's the situation we find ourselves in today. The standards bodies are trying to prevent this bag-o-shit from spilling into the future, and are formulating nice and extensible standards to which modern websites and browsers should adhere, which should guarantee perfect interoperability assuming Micro$hit doesn't start sucking cocks again. However, the browsers still have to deal with old websites and the compat-mode cruft, which by definition breaks the standard. The language you cited in formalizes this behaviour. This paragraph basically says:
>But if you think the other side is a retarded IE-shit from the past non-compliant, do whatever compatibility shenanigans you see fit, so the user doesn't suffer. Doing this does not break your compliance with the standard.
I.e. "Please display standards-compliant pages in a standards-compliant way; do whatever you wish with non-compliant pages".
Which is exactly what the browsers are already - and have to be - doing.

All browsers out there are shit these days and honestly I'd rather have the chinks look through my shit than the NSA.

this
At least the Chinks aren't kikes
t. Holla Forums

What's wrong with adware? If it's done right - isn't annoying and doesn't compromise user's security and privacy - why not?

Most websites are adware, they couldn't exist otherwise. Why not encourage them to do ads without fucking over their viewers in the process?

palemoon still bretty good.

not even with a rented dick

That's natural. As a foreigner in a foreign country, you pose no threat nor relevance to the chinks' interests. They have no reason to fuck you over too much with that data, no additional state-collected data about you to correlate with it, and no state-backed violence apparatus (where you live) to escalate potential fucking you over.

In short, the chink government is much less dangerous to you than your own government (or any foreign govt that is cooperating with yours). If you were a chink in chinkland, you would prefer American products for the very same reason.

I thought you Holla Forumstards considered chinks the Jews of Asia?

At least they aren't actual jews

It's worst Korea, ignorant.

Who was this cartoonist again?

And I'd rather have a cold than the plague, but why choose either when you can have neither of them instead?

If ads bother you so much, blocking them completely is supported by Brave out of the box. You just need to flip a config setting, no external add-on required.

However, most people are not bothered by ads, unless they're obnoxious or malware-ridden. Having a usable middle-ground option as a default means more happy normie users as well as a preserved ad revenue stream for all those websites you also use which depend on that revenue for continued operation.

Does it bother you that other people view ads and support websites this way?

Good goy consumer everyone.

Lynx supports images by means of external viewer.
That also avoids all the shitty tracking 1x1 pixel images, and ditto with the other stuff it doesn't load like CSS and js.

Ward Sutton, also known as Kelly when he draws for The Onion

It's still Firefox and that is not a compliment.

palemoon is arguably the fastest browser out there in the wild. It would be best but it is too tight about following standards and hence breaks stuffs like some older features of SSL (which is not palemoon's fault at all). It also does not support newer extensions. So that's a pain.

So the place goes to firefox despite it having the cuckoldest team of devs.

So? It works well in linux.

midori is useless apart from light browsing.

this

lack of extensions

Brave is ok for normies. I hope it replaces Chrome. One can dream.

kek

why the fuck would you choose to use such an repulsive UI?

no thanks

Icecat is fully compatible with the extensions designed for Mozilla Firefox. It is just that it's not compatible with the ones that require the absolute newest version of the Firefox browser.

What DE is this? It absolutely screams early-2000's Linux Home Desktop

Never really used Dillo and you bringing it up made me see it is superior for low-bandwidth connections like my own.

Why doesn't Tor use this for their Browser?

Anyone ever try Mothra? It's made by the Cat-v people for their Plan 9 fork

Enjoy your unpatched vulnerabilities.

Dillo is very unfinished and suffers from the "shitcode is better than nocode" disease that dead projects have.

Also, the Tor Browser is a massive bikeshed and probably part of a subversion effort, and that wouldn't be effective if the browser wasn't a complete mess like Firefox that absorbs development time.

It's so stupid that people will use outdated web browsers and torrent clients.

Do the lot of you reckon Firefox or Chromium are better? Firefox is easier to tweak but Chromium is significantly less bloated.

I think it looks nicer than most other stuff, although I guess tiling WMs like i3 are interesting if you have a big enough monitor. But this is a 1368x768 craptop.

It's just TWM with xclock and xload. More screens here:
xwinman.org/vtwm.php

Anyway, Lynx wins because you can run it on dialup shell account. Yay!

On the user side, but I think it has more code and it takes longer to compile.

No Seamonkey?

No reason to use PM when there's Seamonkey.
It's actually faster and uses significantly less resources. No gtk3 and the ui is fixable with Seafox addon. Addon compatibility is high and security is tight. It has sane defaults.. the list goes on. Seafox also lets you disable the mail client ect, but that's unneeded. Best browser.

No it is not. Icecat/PM has shit security maintainment too.

Literally the last thing anybody should ever care about. Running performance >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> compile time.

ricers OUT tbh

brainwashed and edgy

It's already lightyears ahead of chrome. I hope it keeps improving so that there are some other bunker browsers.

It runs amazing on Linux. I threw it on a old netbook and it browses a shit ton better than any browser on my main machine.

Can confirm.

What's the addon called? I always wanted to know if you could fix it. I'll give it a shot in a day or two when I boot up my other machine.

Pale Moon is a great browser but I dislike that it sets the keyword to DuckDuckGo by default. The developers probably mean well but it gives me the willies.

Why? It's much better than Google, Bing and Yahoo.

I can never decide between Firefox and Palemoon, currently I'm on Firefox but I switched a week ago after using Palemoon for a couple months.

Palemoon is faster and doesn't choke on memoryhog sites nearly as much but compatibility is wishy washy and there's less support for it in the plugin department. I got fed up with my uni's shitty submission site not working consistently on it and switched back to Firefox. Most of the time I don't really notice the difference though so I guess it doesn't matter much.

Just don't use Chrome, it's consistent and compatible with everything but it also has gigantic privacy concerns. I haven't tried Chromium, but Iridium isn't compatible with shit so I dropped it pretty quickly.

Qwant > Startpage (sort of a wrapper around Google) > Google > Bing > Yahoo > DDG

If I'm going to use a browser with privacy concerns like DDG I'd at least hope it gives me good search results like Jewgle.

Honest question from a not so technological user.

What is the opinion on Vivaldi? I just discovered it as I heard that it's made from the old Opera team and back in the day I was a real fan of the Opera browser. But I was a bit disappointed that this Vivaldi is built on chromium instead of them making their own like back in the day.

Anyways, I've given it a go now a few days and I like that it allows me to customise everything I can think off. But it's a bit slow but then again it's still "new". Point being, is there anything more about this browser you tech people could enlighten me on? Is it a botnet just because it's a chromium browser, or how does that work?

The "privacy concerns" around DDG are a bunch of speculative FUD and disregard the existence of the hidden service. Also, if you want to avoid tracking, the solution is not to rely on promises (e.g. shit like "we promise we will delete the access logs") but making it technically hard to track you.

I use qute for school and work and SeaMonkey for leisure. I think I've got it backwards, but I don't care.

I use netsurf, and most of the time don't have images enabled.

Waterfox assfucks them all.

I honestly think they deserve to rule sometimes.

Too bad that Plan 9 is dead in the water and 9front is just faggots going

Has anyone tried the inox patchset?

The owner started a datamining pyramid scheme company in the early 2000s, what more do you need to think he's not trustworthy?
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Names_Database

That caters to a very small audience, meaning little information that could be sold would be lost.

Because the current commercial surveillance regime has absolutely no chance of going away without an alternative. I fucking despise surveillance and if Brave can eventually be a credible alternative to any commercial surveillance, I'm all for it.

Seems like a great trade-off to me.

what

Their favicon for their website is a little gay pride flag.
That's actually it, but I'm sure they have a really funny joke about man pages, & how they should be fem pages in there too.

That's a parody. I don't think you're quite getting that site yet.

Refresh this page a few times:
9front.org/coc

Look at this, too:
harmful.cat-v.org/political-correctness/

Actually, after having looked more closely, you're right. I guess I am so used to Poe's Law, I can't tell if people're serious anymore about that sorta shit.

Whoah, I've never seen this one before. Did they add it to the rotation recently?

They're kind of like the new left libertarians. They're basically degenerate fiscally-right anarchists.

Mind explaining in more detail?

"socially" left
economically right. for the most part.
basically they don't want to drown too many babies (babies being executive agencies.)

Linux is also dead in the water now. It has nowhere left to go, except more bloat and desktop shit.

No wonder cat-v is posted this often around here. It's written by Holla Forums Holla Forums!

Well, it better than Windows 10 Botnet Signature Fuck-You-No-Dualboot Edition.

Ok, but that's not hard to accomplish, and I don't like the idea of settling for mediocrity.

At least one of them visited Holla Forums at some point.
harmful.cat-v.org/Blog/2015/10/19/0/

The point is that you can easily use DDG in a way such that no identifiable information is sent to their servers. You know, so you don't have to rely on their data policies.

Or you could just use a search engine run by someone remotely trustworthy who didn't previously start a datamining pyramid scheme company.

Yes, rely on promises, why ensure that nobody can track you when you can always just pray instead.

pretty good imo
needs bit more work but very nice features

A hidden service removes the problem that exit nodes create.

Fucking this. Whoever originally posted that here, fucking this.

Internet Explorer, obviously.

Objectively true. IE is probably the safest browser today. FF forks don't even have P3P.

For the sites that do implement P3P IE is even better.

Do Not Track (DNT) does fuck all.
P3P does less than that.

Joos will just lie, and send all your data to murica for indefinite mining anyway.

I too am using Brave and liking it.

I am testing out their payment system, having 5 bucks a month divied up to my most viewed websites makes for pretty god guilt free browsing.

Are you nigs serious?
The whole point of the browser is to be a tight-as-fuck sandbox.
You do not knowingly invite adware onto your machine.

The point of a Web Browser is to browse the World Wide Web, not act as a software suite for non-Web related tasks or as a "content delivery platform." This (>>657017) user understands.

This is open source adware. Anybody can inspect it and confirm that it doesn't do anything malicious.

I don't see what serving ads has to do with security of the sandbox.

That's just like your (shit tier) opinion man.
In $omg_current_year, browsing without javascript is only for the most extreme cases of autism.

Oh and Brave is so obviously shit, anyone who says otherwise is a massive shill.

pleb

Qutebrowser, but it needs a lot of work. Mostly a noscript/umatrix equivalent and https-everywhere.

w3m, lynx

What is safer to use than Tor nowadays?

PS, don't assume everyone using Tor is a pedo or other kind of degenerate.

What essential extensions are missing from Icecat? It's got greasemonkey, every kind of spoofing, security, and privacy addons you need, noscript, and (i think) no dev team that aims to fuck you in the ass raw like with Firefox or Chrome. Also no furries.

Tor is not a browser.

Icecat is basically firefox with some minimal un-fucktarding preconfigured

Yeah No one assumed that until they read this and now it's basically confirmed.

I missed this threads tbh.

Also, it's Waterfox for Windows/Mac, Iceweasel for Linux and Lightning for Android.

I hope Brave becomes better.

Iceweasel was never really different from Firefox, and Debian sorted out their problems with Mozilla's trademarks so they're going to stop making it. You can just get Firefox now.

The only difference there ever was between Iceweasel and Firefox was the trademarks. The browser itself was no better or worse.

What did he mean by this?

Iridium (Fork of Chromium).

It's essentially Chrome without Google's nose in your business and enhanced privacy. The only issue with it is that I cannot verify it's license, but since Firefox is as blogged down as Internet Explorer 6 what other choice do I have?

But the question is, does it still have the retarded UI that draws it's own Window Decorations, and does it let you change the tab position? Otherwise, fuck it, I'll stay on either Palemoon or Cyberfox.

Has there been any news on Fiber recently? The last update I saw was back in May or June I think and Ken said hed started working on it again after a hiatus.

Palemoon. Without a doubt.

Inox > Iridium, though if you're a winfag, you'll have to compile that shit manually.

While I love Pale Moon, the admin is absolutely fucking autistic

HE THINKS THAT EXIF ROTATION IS FUCKING OPTIONAL

THE BROWSER DOES NOT DISPLAY JPEGS ROTATED, EVEN WHEN VIEWED DIRECTLY, AND NEEDS LITERAL CSS TO DISPLAY THEM PROPERLY ON A WEBPAGE

Also the admin refuses to add ffmpeg support so we Linux users are stuck with fucking gstreamer or the shitty gstreamer-ffmpeg adapter that crashes the browser half the time

Waterfox

Technologically illiterate pleb here.

Is pale-moon any different from Firefox in regards to privacy? Or is it just much of the same business?

So I was redirected here from a Holla Forums thread >>>Holla Forums7692420 where a young OP is sperging out something awful regarding Brave. Despite the retarded ALL CAPS SCREAMING, I'm curious if anyone knows if Brave is anything close to as good as Palemoon?

Came hee from the same thread.

By the looks of it on what i read here, seems like an OK browser, i dont really care nor get the ad thing I'am rich already

Can the wise masters of Holla Forums clarify this? asking politely here.

I'm also here from the same thread. I've been hopping browsers over the past two months, tying to find one I like. I've already done Pale Moon and IceCat, which I have mixed feelings on.

You seem to be lost
>>>Holla Forums

This is the technology board of Holla Forums.

You must be looking for >>>/4chan/

Holla Forums is Holla Forums and Holla Forums is Holla Forums, most are crtossboards, yes, but dont be uptight.

Every board is its own animal and we should respect that.

Regards, Holla Forums

Implying the chinks wouldn't sell that data to the American kikes in a heartbeat at the promise of some bling and the chance to spend the night with a white hooker.

Holla Forums runs the internet kiddo, and soon Holla Forums president now. Best you be learin' to getin used to it bhoy.

I've just about had it with web browsers.
I unironically use IE 11.

I'm from Holla Forums and you need to go to the >>>/oven/.

Brave is not a good browser despite it being better than Chrome and other families of botnet. Even disregarding the fact that Brave might have its own botnet, it is written entirely in javascript which is fucking stupid.

uzbl

What browser should I use when I actually NEED trackers to work? I still have chrome installed just for this purpose.

E.g. going through cashback website before buying shits.

That face wouldn't look bad if not for the retarded haircut.

Just use a separate Firefox profile or something. No need to go full botnet for that.

autism

Cyberfox and icecat are okay

All of its unique features are just a slow, bloated and buggy extension. By defintion that means you can do most of them in chromium, and since Firefox is just chromium but slower soon you'll be able to do them there too.

So in other words, Brave is the best of the Google Chrome browsers, but still shit?

You're probably not around anymore but it removes the 'safe browsing' that sends all your urls to google and it removes some telemetry data gathering as well.

wiki.mozilla.org/Security/Safe_Browsing

It's unlikely the guy who runs it is spying on users, maintaining that browser is his full time job and several people at Mozilla have publicly stated their hatred for his fork. I don't think the binaries he provides from his site could be compromised either, anyone can compile it from source and compare the built bits. It would be exposed in no time if they didn't match.

Privacy wise yes it's better. If you're going to let any script run or cross site request go through it's pointless though. Using a different browser isn't some magical panacea for privacy.

Well, there is iridium which claims to be not shit. I don't know. But, Brave is definitely better than Chrome and Chromium.

Almost all useful ones. When I go to Mozilla's site it won't let me install addons. Icecat is shit.

What is Holla Forums's take on c y b e r fox?

Opera beta, hands down.

Placebo firefox.

I'm currently using Chromium because I've lost all sense of what should even be used. Whatever anyone mentions will get shit on.

that better be ublock origin nigger

It's not nigger it's just ublock origin

How would you compare Chromium and Iridium?

Iridium has a very slow update cycle so it uses outdated versions of Chromium all the time. You might as well you Chromium, there's no real reason not to.

Really? I thought Google would sell me into slavery if anyone on Holla Forums found out.

>>>/out/

Opinion discarded, rather see someone that knows enough to not use Opera.

The ad thing is in hopes of replacing the current mass surveillance ecosystem behind Internet advertisements with one Brave's system or something similar to Brave.

TBH I hope it works. I hate all the commercial surveillance shit. Not to mention commercial surveillance is piggybacked on by Feds and the NSA.

That and the ads can be disabled in the browser and has built-in adblock, so it's not like it forces you to see ads if you don't want to see them.

Whats wrong with Opera?

TBH I hope you choke on a dick. Not only is Brave harmful, it's willfully and knowingly harmful.

Cry more Ad Network shill.

Wtf are you talking about? Brave's whole shtick is that it doesn't send your personal info out of the browser. That's the literal opposite of mass surveillance.

Wtf are you talking about? Brave's whole shtick is that it doesn't send your personal info out of the browser. That's the literal opposite of mass surveillance.

In the Brave model the only entity profiling your web habits to tailor ads is your browser, and that data never leaves that browser. It is open source so you can verify collected private data about you stays on your private computer and is never used for anything else than choosing ads to show to you. Every browser already collects your habits in history and cache, you autistic faggot.

TBH choke on a bundle of dicks. Your FUD is harmful.

Show us. A 500MB blob of CEF on a hidden page not reachable from their website's front page in under 30 clicks doesn't count.

github.com/brave/browser-laptop
Two clicks from brave.com/
Don't you have any dicks to suck?

No source code

The fat lady sings out of tune.

So brave is safe to use?

yes.

just use a blink based browser like slimjet, vivaldi or whatever.

Mozilla have lost the plot and the only big advantage of Gecko based browsers is a handful of great addons.

I've been using Chromium and Palemoon for the longest time but Chromium is "gugel xd" and Palemoon lacks in performance and screws things up sometimes. I'll try Slimjet out but I haven't heard anything about it yet.

I'm optimistic about Brave though.

chrome

Then why is there no ebuild?