I've recently had time to go see the Oliver Stone's latest release 'Snowden' and it has been really bothering me since...

I've recently had time to go see the Oliver Stone's latest release 'Snowden' and it has been really bothering me since I left the theater that some people think this guy is a traitor. In my opinion Snowden should go down in the history books as an American hero. What does Holla Forums think?

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/wikileaks/status/758781081072046080
venturebeat.com/2014/05/08/nsa-spying-is-causing-americans-to-self-censor-their-internet-activity/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

pickedy pick one

Nice try NSA

Snowden is a limited hangout

Tried to the right thing, succeeded, to an extent, and botched some of it miserably.
Was his largest mistake. He did raise awareness though.
We should try to hire SJWs into the NSA and JUST their shit up

He didn't tell us what we didn't already know. Only the specifics about their toys. His release also shows, once more, how dumb 99% of all people are. The majority didn't give a shit and still doesn't. To them this whole think is nothing more than 'oh.. oh.. someone peaks at my amazon wish list, oh well, fuck it :^)"

He's turning full SJW now and lost the sympathy of Holla Forums

I've seen citizenfour, and I'm going to see this, too.

The fact that *so* many people call this man a traitor, is incredibly disturbing. I've managed to "convert" someone to Snowden, just by showing them PRISM slides. They don't use the internet that much, but they find the fact that 20M per year went into it to be ridiculous. They proceeded to tell their SO about PRISM; Their response?

"I don't care"

This simply proves 2 things;
People don't care about their freedoms or their privacy, ridicule those who do, and only care about shiny toys;
The media lies and influences people.

Do show PRISM releases to people who give a fuck about freedom / Those who are uninformed about Snowden. Even showing them CitizenFour would suffice.

Dude IS a traitor. If he had been a journalist, fine. But he wasn't a journalist, he was a guy with secrets clearances who decided the "right thing to do" was to hand over those secrets he swore to never divulge to a rapist and then flee to Russia.

Dude is a douche, and he didn't reveal anything that the overall public could understand that hasn't been an open secret since the 1990s, but oh hell yes he managed to give a bunch of specifics to every fucking nation on earth because he's a criminal asshole.

That people want to hang Hillary Clinton for being old and stupid with her phone, but want to suck Snowden's dick for willfully doing much, much worse just shows that people are fucking morons who should do the world a favor and cut their dicks off and punch themselves in the ovaries until they never breed.

Anyway, all the difference is between traitor to the state and traitor to the nation. In the case of US, where the state is deliberately against the nation, I let you guess which one is "heroic".

The real bad goy is Assange.

But they're synonymous.

You don't have to be a professional journalist to do the right thing.
Assange is not a rapist. He was never convicted of rape.
Of course he fled to Russia, because the US would have murdered him.

If all the information was already an open secret then you have no reason to be upset.
The only specifics he gave away are the ones where it mentions the government spies on their own people, which is unconstitutional.

Hilary is a murderer. Snowden wanted to save lives.

By the way, how much are they paying you?

The latter. I don't use the term "patriot" often because of all the jingoist ring it has, but he fits the bill.

Hi Reddit

get the fuck out, schlomo.

fuck off jewpig

Would your wife's son approve of such strong language?

So like you? :^)

People like you is why we're in this situation, OP.

He did good and bad. Exposing mass surveillance is one thing, but he also exposed spying on terrorist groups.

I hope he did a good thing on the whole, but history will ultimately be the judge of that.

If we don't get good reforms into place while mass surveillance is still being debated and litigated, we're going to find mass surveillance capabilities used as a political tool in the future. And it won't be pretty for anyone - especially for degenerates.

If you thought the NSA was trying to tap literally the entirety of the Internet, you were a special brand of paranoid schizophrenic pre-Snowden.

He released it in an incredibly autistic manner. Too much information that the mass media didn't know what to do with it. If it was released at a far slower pace, it would've resulted in much more serious reforms.

He claims he was on his way to Latin America when the U.S. government suspended his Visa on his layover in Russia. What do you say on that?

The problem is that most of the public doesn't understand much of tech as it is. Hell, most techies don't understand much of tech as it is. There is no precedent in all of human history for having all of our communications, movements, and personal info collected, aggregated, and preserved indefinitely. The consequences of this are not something most people can comprehend. Not yet, anyway.

Yeah I don't know how the DNC and RNC manage to make moral panics over the stupidest fucking things stick. Baffles me.

He did the right thing, but I think he only did it for the attention. Not too long ago he publically told Assange to stop pushing out the DNC leaks, presumably because they hurt a political position he prefers. That's the sort of thing that just eats away at any semblance of sincerity the guy had.

Somehow the whole "dude was a rocket scientist" doesn't make sense when he had a weak-sauce community college education and got a 200k a year job in Hawaii and a stripper gf while being an unattractive weakling who broke his legs in some simple training exercise. Maybe, just maybe... the narrative you are getting from a film is not close to the truth.

Meanwhile, all the leaked documents don't have any communications with CIA guys and international financiers. Are we to believe that CIA/NSA/Federal Reserve don't communicate with their paymasters, that they don't get marching orders?

Limited Hangout Operation

shut up, stal

this

Stone's latest "release" was deep inside your mom's birth canal.

His latest film is "Snowden".

lol you sure are dumb

He's a fag who only releases things that push his liberal agenda.

twitter.com/wikileaks/status/758781081072046080

what a faggot
dump it all

Says the guy that believes the lying media's narrative completely

He did right by doing that. It is easier to stifle public than news media.

Not even a real person. Named after Snowden in the novel Catch22, a WW2 novel which opens with the main character (Yossarian) censoring letters and climaxes with Yossarian watching the character Snowden literally spill his guts.

You're a retard if you think the way the Snowden story broke (by all major western publications running it at the top all at once) was geniune. It's manipulation, now try to figure out what they are up to.

I'll give you a hint, normies are now afraid to even search for basic info on things like ISIS because they might trigger surveillance.

venturebeat.com/2014/05/08/nsa-spying-is-causing-americans-to-self-censor-their-internet-activity/

And yeah I realize venturebeat is clickbait, first result when looking it up again there's a link to more info.

Yeah you don't self-censor. That's great, normies did, now resources can be concentrated on you

let's plant homemade pipe bombs in all normalfags

Why would someone make up a person and then make their name a reference to a book?

He's a pretty cool guy.

That would require the US and Russia to be working together. And if Russia wanted they could spill the beans and the US would have a lot of explaining to do. So the US would never do an operation like that, and if it did it would choose a weaker partner.

why live?