ITT: the weirdest most abstract shit you've ever thought to yourself

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.org/details/magnetism1small
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/An_Age
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

go ahead

I asked you first.

if you start a thread like this, you have to provide something

Metaconcepts as a form of metaphor and grouping for concepts. Infinity being an example of a metaconcept that other concepts can be grouped under or related to easily and with meaning.
Also the Heidegerrian-like problem of meaning when contrasted with existence and existing.

Existence started when the first consciousness became self aware, and everything else in existence is a byproduct that thought trying to understand itself. The whole universe will blissfully cease to exist once the first thought reaches its rational conclusion and reaches a place of understanding.

one a ponce a thing I thjougt if i drink worter relly fast if i pee forever

We live our lives in reverse (start out old and get younger) but for some reason we *perceive* life in the opposite order (start out young and get older.)

Ever notice how very old people are nearly indistinguishable from one another (without considering clothes and hair) and how babies are also nearly indistinguishable from one another?

Also, why do dreams usually end right at the "best part?" Wouldn't it make more sense that they start at the best part?

everything is always in the last place you look because you stop looking after you find it

Reciprocating Precessional Hyperboloid, polarized dielectricity, incoherent dielectricity.

Why does a shitty game like Jimmy Neutron: Boy Genius have good music?

Silver lining

Since everything is just a chain of cause and effect nobody have ever had any kind of free will until the last century when we started studying and manipulating the randomness that occurs on the atomic level.

your own timeline can be easily read like a book depending on how you interact with other neurons in the cloud of thought in any manner or scale and how other neurons come back to you. If you stab someone emotionally from afar, depending on how strongly the people feel, react, and think can directly effect other neurons that will come back to you without any mode of communication though vast stretches of time. creating a circle in which you "reap what you sew" in other words, "karma" is an automatic process humans have evolved to keep each-other in line and creates a vicious circle that can have dire consequences for those that have feels that measure on the the extreme end of the spectrum.

Additionally, humans are simply vessels for thoughts and feelings. the feelings and thoughts are the actual creatures that live throughout a web of subconsciously connected neurons flowing forward in a never ending river, making human interaction simply a plaything of the larger creatures at work unless one should fight the current and swim upstream without input stimulation. Unfortunately most people go mad without human interaction unless they have forced themselves to forgo the trivial meaningless garbage people force down your throat.

there are layers to which the human organism operates and patterns though which entire groups of people can be affected over large spans of time by even the tiniest needle of stimulation should one grasp the viscous circle and understand the river of thoughts.

archive.org/details/magnetism1small

that was pretty good. good question, but not abstract.

What am I doing with my life?

Why?

Pretty sure i can tell the difference between grandpa and some other old person.

Probably because they just been born, and how they all went through the same development process. So of course something made the same is going to look the same.

They stop because something wakes you up (or at least my my cast). Plus dreams don't make sense at all. They just thoughts and images you perceive in life bundled up together into a theater play. Just go back to fucking your mom Fraud.

When someone does something nice for us we appreciate is. How come when they piss all over us we don’t depreciate it?

The universe must be a four-dimensional shape because nothing can exist outside of it.
This means if you travel an infinite distance in a straight line, you'd return to the same place without ever making a course adjustment. In the same way that an airplane can continuously fly over the same city as it circles the globe in a straight path!
If you have a magic laser pointer that produces photons that travel instantaneously, turn it on and place it level to the horizon without anything blocking its path, the laser beam would light up on the rear of the pointer.

So if you do the same thing with a magic flashlight with the same properties and point it to the sky, would the night sky turn white?

Does existence simply cease to be present when no-one is watching?

You're either babbling nonsense or you fail to convey your thoughts in a proper sentence.

The value didn't decrease, your opinion depreciated, but your dissatisfaction went up.

WHY IS TOAST SQUARE?

Cause… bread is baked in a square pan?

they cut away the round corners and give them to homeless people

this allows the bread companies to qualify as charitable organizations and get tax exempt status

you have no way of knowing that - it seems impossible to think of, but people thought the same about the earth originally.

Just no. photons are barely affected by earths gravity - its too weak. the light beam would fly off into space with barely any affect on its direction from earth's pull.

Even if your last point were right i don't understand where you'd get that from. wouldn't the torchlight just shine on some place in Australia or w/e?

shitting it away on a polish sock weaving forum.

The light isn't traveling in a circle or around the earth, but in a straight line through the universe. Which (one can assume) the universe reaches an edge, but it is without an edge! So once it reaches the end of existence, the light passes into more existence without bending back upon itself.

everything you've ever and will ever know, see, or feel, is just a series of chemical and electrical reactions

i get that, but what i'm saying is you just made it up. i might as well as say its more like a piece of paper, but 3d. once you reach the end, it just ends, and you cannot pass beyond it. more dimensions may exist, but we (as 3d beings) cannot pass through it.

when the universe begins to contract, my cat's testicles will be long gone. what does this say about global warming?

The light expands from the torch, and this light reaches the edge of the universe instantly. Think of the edge of the universe like a PAC man hole.
You enter into one side, and pop out on the other side. There's no "wall" to the edge, but you can't just pop out of everything that is! So you keep going through it. But since there's only a finite amount of shit in the universe, you eventually have to have passed it all while going along your perfectly straight line.

Let's just pretend that gravity has no effect on your movement. Nothing can diviate the laser from its path.

I'm saying that the laser light is actually moving an infinite distance the instant you turn it on because it's a magical abomination that breaks the laws of physics.
The light from the laser travels the entire universe without a single curve, and ends up right where it began. Hasn't gone in a circle, but it curved through a fourth axis that we can't really visualize from a third dimension.

i getcha now. presuming the amount of photons produced also also infinite (i.e. the further apart they get, more appear to fill the gaps, or it would just dim to nothing as it spread out.)
but what is straight? if space itself bends, then the objects within could be travelling in a curve, whilst still going in a straight line.

But we can. Not that it's physically possible for us to do so because of the vast distance we'd have to overcome to do it, and it would probably give us the odd sensation of going around in a circle without ever doing it…

Very much like a sphere, with our third dimension as the surface. So instead of circumnavigating the universe just to prove it is 4 dimensional, what would happen if we "dug into it"

Well the object itself isn't bending, and to us it doesn't appear to, but it could be curving off along some fourth axis. Though, we don't have a fourth one, we only have three. So we're left perceiving a straight line without end. What we can measure is a circle without a curve.

This last bit is fun, the way we observe our reality gives us up/down, left/right and forwards/backwards. That's all the movement we need to make in order to travel to wherever we want. So what do we call movement on a 4th axis?

time travel

fuck. was meant for

im not goodat explaining myself. it's easier if you imagine the world in a 2 dimensional sense and instead of separate entities think of websites or political parties as single cell organisms and if you cook the right strand of RNA you can make the cell create more of your RNA which will in turn try to infect other cells.

Since the speed of light is constant, it takes a ray of light the same amount of time to reach another planet as it would take for two rays to meet in the middle between the two planets. the conversion methods check out and every-time you assume it would take half the amount of time, it's always the same amount of time.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/An_Age
yo dont do that

b-b-b-but…

So what a circle without a curve means is that the universe is just really really old.

Creating more RNA, and more, upon more. What if it never evolves beyond that though? Just RNA ad infinigium?

HMM, you bring a good point, anyone wanna grow a peer edited, self-evolving neural network out of the Holla Forums instead of a bunch of little terrorist viruses stabbing out into the void?

where is your god now?

The oven!

4th axe time
but you can thing of the 4th spatial axe as a convergence of space

the laser from a pointer is just a cylinder with a fixed diameter (its a cone with a slow geometrical increase in diameter, but for the sake of concept)

that cylinder of light is like a cone with a logarithmic increase in diameter in the 4th spatial dimension

when you walk forward the froth dimension just rols on you but its inconsequential for you as you do not perceive it (like the 2d people cant perceive the 3d dimension)

by thing i mean think
typing is hard for retards

Ok SOmeone just tell me how to pop the fucking balloon already. I Want to have a word with god before he's forced to start over.

Meant for

say again (but with some numbers this time)

The creator exists in the 4th dimension, therefor they are invisible and intangible.

You don't. I don't think God really wants to talk with you.

Wat.

if there is a god he is in the layer n-1 of the simulation (also known as parent simulation)

u wot?

speed = distance / time
if the speed is constant, and the distance decreases by half, then the time has to increase by 2.

correct me if I'm wrong. The problem comes into play when you realize that C is a constant, which messes up all the formulas.

Oh shit, I see my own mistakes. give me a minute.

We're too primitive to have anywhere near such a level of understanding. Why would there be an exit? Why would the creator need a physical presence? Nothing in that post makes any sense at all.

the exit, is where you least expect it to be, just like your car keys.

because dieing is the least expected thing to eventually happened?

who said you have to die to meet god?

You don't get to meet God. That's blasphemy.

blasphemy is only valid if god exists
and since god cannot be proved (it says so in the book of god)
blasphemy is improvable

well what good does it do to deny yourself some hope that there is everlasting bliss after all this shit and some dude just chillen watching over you and rooting for you to do your best?

The way we comprehend reality has a very narrow angle of perspective. The only and definitive measure unit is us. Every thing else is a relation to that. (just look at tard units) Our biology only allowed us to comprehend and interact with the world only from this perspective.

I think others call this a higher state of understanding. This could only be achieved trough genetic manipulation.

tldr;a way to change egocentric perspective

well put, additionally, we can only perceive 5 sense we've evolved and have technology that we can adapt to our senses. Imagine all the other forces at work we can't possibly understand or even describe with our limited ability to communicate through language

🎵I may not always love you🎵

Buuut long as there are stars above you…

You never need to doubt it.

I'll make you so sure about it!

🎵God only knows what I'd be without you🎵

The darkness may hide, but the light blinds.

actually we have more senses
for ex temperature, touch, pain are all different sensors, they are grouped in "touch" just for convenience
we have different sensors for color and for grayscale/luminosity

what color are objects in a strong white light?

same color as in total darkness

but then again Schroedinger would disagree

that's pretty dank, we also have a third eye calcified by the tap water.

are oranges berries and how do we know if the universe isn't just an atom in another infinitly bigger universe and so on

that's still just a theory. Just because we can't reach beyond a point doesn't mean there is something to reach for. For all we know, the very thing that's stopping us could be the end of existence.

auto neutron.

Going strictly by definitions, god is real, but invalid.

i always enjoy these kinds of threads whenever i have the need to feel stupid and lack something to read

yet i would mostly agree with the opposite of that

when i come along all ya'll fightin like this I just stop and think to myself: you've all got it wrong.

are you restarted>

If you assume that god is a benevolent entity, it is hard not to pity him. He constantly sees his human creations suffer and murder one another, yet he can not intervene directly without limiting human free will.

any proof

What would you blame human self-destructive tendencies on, then? Faulty programming?

(Assuming there is a god).

depression.

Trannies are irrefutable proof that we live in the Matrix.

Depression would not occur if we had no reason to feel bad, i.e., not self-destructive tendencies.

try this

you are not the fucking center of the everything

you are the center of the fucking the everything

also the answer to your question is random determinism

There's no such thing as random, only the unperceived

Our lives are reverse compatible.
If we run time the 'backmask' style you'll see that bad deeds do actually become good but becomes meaningless in return. Only good deeds can count.

Think of it - in reverse

This concept is why 'manifestations' exist.

Writing down the future = writing down the past.
Writing down the past = writing down the future.
I'm writing this down now but in reverse "I remembered the future me writing this" that's why I theorized about this long time ago.

pic related.
Our spirits are on higher frequencies than our bodies 'that is why we cant see spirits' but some people can sometimes.
Same goes for colors - we can't see anything beyond the visible spectrum although we can sometimes feel out of this world through our 'soul.'

There are many hidden wonders that we cannot sense or feel because our bodies are limited. Death exist for this reason. Not wanting to die is like not wanting to find out what goes beyond this complex existence.

I'm just here to experience anything I can before entering the higher dimension.

Ours is the greatest nation to have ever existed in all of history

Today a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves.

this is one of my favorite existential pieces

random is a concept like infinity…
but if unperceived determinism does it for ya

he copypasta'd that.

Since the universe hasn't stopped expanding, our lifetimes are too short, the material required for the journey may require a tier 3 civilization's resources, speed limitations, there's nothing to say but speculation since it's well beyond our scope of observation.

There may as well be nothing but cotton candy and a wall of balloon animals always just out of reach.

Because I was on acid and the thought of the universe having a purpose and finally ending was beautiful to me.

Our current existence is based on results from numerous binary situations.

I want to make love to a being of stone-like substance that changes shape in a way that attempts to mimic a human woman but occasionally makes mistakes in how it reaches this goal. Like, sometimes she takes a step forward and part of her leg travels faster to it's destination than the rest of it, or maybe her hand sinks slightly into her hip as she places it there.

How do I get trips?

the speed of light changes over time as a function of an expandng universe. everything is expanding relative to any given point in spacetime. this means your tape-measure expands at the same rate as whatever you measure, so the effect is invisible.

We can predict where the planets will be 1000 years from now but we cannot predict the weather more than a week out.

clayface?
also nice trips

but it doesn't? isn't that the whole premise behind red shift / blue shift?

one day we will. we just need better computers.

What if I'm not a big guy for you, but you're a big guy for me?

It's easy to tell where a ball is going to be if it's orbit is usually consistent.

some ib users are so dense their black hole sucks the life source from the internet, accelerating entropy and bringing forward the day all will be shit.
god bless america; they need it over there.

Then we're probably the cell that only thought about dicks.

We [almost] never perceive our own death.
Basically, the "many worlds hypothesis" states that every interaction between particles results in an infinite number of universes in which every possible interaction is represented (eg. when the single particle double slit experiment is performed, the particle lands in all possible locations but we only perceive one of the resulting universes). Whenever you perceive an even, it's usually the most likely one. And once you perceive an event, it is "locked in" as it were.
I once had the idea that another parameter is the set of events in which you're most likely still alive. Every time you got an inch away from death and barely managed to escape it, there's infinitely many universes in which you did die. You're only perceiving your living reality because it's the only one you possibly could be perceiving at any given time. With enough near death interactions or simply time through the aging process, though, the likelihood that you're still alive (and therefore the number of universes which you could be perceiving) approaches zero. Maybe you stumble into a universe in which the secret to everlasting life is discovered but the laws of causality still apply so it might even literally be impossible for a man born thousands of years ago to still be perceiving his own life.

How retarded am I?

t. (((Einstein)))

This is a reference frame issue. The perception of time is relative to your speed. if we assume both planets are stationary and exactly 1 light year away (we know they're not but it's easier to assume they are) and you sit as an observer on another static platform between the two planets, you would see them both converge in the middle in 1/2 lightyear.
The two photons are traveling at light speed, they don't perceive the passage of time at all. so one photon never perceives the motion of the other. Photon from planet A reaches planet B in 1 light year from it's frame of reference and sees the photon from planet B as "stuck" to the planet's surface. Same goes in reverse.

here's a rough picture of the situation

Sauce on the song?

We have skeletons inside us and we are all just flesh and bones and how we can easily die at a moment's notice.

If there is one God from holy lore, then surely every god is possible, and from that I can deduce that there's no god since every god existing is ridiculous… Right?

i dont know which 1 of u was the "genius", who figured out relativity of movement, but ppl came up with it already

I sometimes wake up and forget who I am. When it happens I usually think of myself, how people probably see me, and I feel disgusted and freaked out; almost like i'm not supposed to be this person.

i know what u r saying.
I feel forced to make some decisions out of pure meta-gaming or expectances of drama in RPGs, instead of just role-playing myself.

both are me. and yes, relativity is an old idea, older than Einstein.
He asked a question and i gave him an answer. fucking christ

That's deep, man inhales.

Hard to say, but…

Gravity is fundamentally the same thing as light is the same thing as sound is the same thing as experience is the same thing as matter is the same thing as time is the same thing as quantity is the same thing as you is the same thing as being alive is the same thing as being dead.

All things, concepts and natural laws are one.

In mere biological terms, if one could freely substitute their sperm for samples at an in vitro fertilization clinic, then all other work, money, hobbies, friendships, relationships, emotions, affection, attractiveness, sex, fame, and heroism would be completely meaningless.

everything is already completely meaningless lmao

reproduction only happens because it's how we got here and this it happens

saying it has meaning is pretty much a survivorship bias

That's what I meant. It's happening because chemical processes that don't result in reproduction don't last. All this was inevitable all along, and it's not a miracle, it's how this universe works, with matter, enteopy and time and such; that which is durable endures.

i was meant to respond to the other guy, not you

i agree with you

I may very well not be a massive faggot