Of Mice and Keyboards and Hotkeys

Noticed we don't have any threads up about keyboards, mice, or hotkeys, so figured i'd start

What keyboards you using?
Mice?
Any interesting hacks or software your using to increase productivity with them?

Other urls found in this thread:

autohotkey.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=10
youtube.com/watch?v=9yg3s77nAMQ
deskthority.net/keyboards-f2/the-lisp-keyboards-t98.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Just picked up several mice, g602, mx anywhere because its augmented as fuck and a trackball because I've been meaning to pick one of them up for along time

I thought it looked pretty stupid, but then a friend told me about the repgrogrammability and hotkeys, I specifically got it for a couple things, one being >>>/hydrus/ and the other being that I want to set up the hotkeys to instantly save images to specific folders when I click on them rather than having to right click save as every time, since I go through a LOT of images

So far it works really well in hydrus, ive got the front two buttons mapped to page up and down to scroll through, and several of the buttons mapped to common tags I use for images

Can someone please tell me where I can get keyboard like this? I use Emacs a lot and this keyboard seems perfect for that.

Thanks OP

i found the amount of buttons on the side wasn't enough, so i purchased a second one to use at the same time

This keyboard was made for interacting with hookers.

Unicomp buckling spring clacky master race.

Logitech G710+ with browns

It's alright for a cheaper mechanical. The backlights are adjustable, there's a gaming mode that disables the windows keys, and it's got some programmable buttons for your macros n shit. (I just use authotkey for that though) However, it does have a problem with shitty keycaps, especially the ctrl keys, so if you get one, order some spare generic 1.5 caps for when your ctrl keys break. They WILL break. Mine broke within a month, and the asshats at Logitech won't just send you fresh caps, they make you send in the entire fucking keyboard for "repair". Replacing keycaps is not a goddamned repair! A five year old can do it!

For mouse, Logitech M570 thumb trackball. I got used to thumb style trackballs back when I used my laptop while traveling, and they're just plain fucking superior to a mouse. The M570 isn't perfect, but it's damned good. They're better for gaming too. No lifting the mouse off the mousepad to reposition it every 10 seconds.

found a program that actually does what im looking for
autohotkey.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=10
only downside is the image has to be maximized otherwise it saves the thumbnail

has anyone ever used this?

What is that?

Zalman fg1000 fpsgun mouse, old stuff.
Google it to see it in action.

Anybody here own any Topre keyboards? How are they overall? I'm thinking about saving up for one only because I want a comfy keyboard without any backlighting or any other gaming memes.

I personally dislike them. They feel like a more mechanical robber dome in my opinion. I'd try to find one in the wild that you can test before buying honestly.

I'm not into Topre, as you only have to breath on a key for it to register.
It might be great for data-entry, but for my clumsy sausagefingers, I choose to stick with medium heavy Cherry switches.

I would understand CPU or GPU threads since you can really talk about them and their internals, but this is pretty fucking stupid.

Holla Forums is dead. Welcome to /g/.

Keyboard:
Das Keyboard 2
It was the cheapest Cherry Blue keyboard available locally at the time.
Mouse:
Zowie FK1
I like that it is simple plug and play. You can still adjust the polling rate and dpi without any need for software. It has a button on the buttom that switches between dpi and there are combinations of buttons you press when connecting it to adjust the polling rate.

As for hacks. All i have are some keybinding scripts written for AHK on my gaymen rig.

Topre are overrated as fuck. they're basically rubber dome you pay out the ass for.

If you don't care about noise, buckling spring is god-tier, otherwise whatever cherry colour floats your boat.

I got 4 Mechanical Keyboard's, AT101w, IBM Model M, TG3 and a CoolerMaster TKL.

AT101w with Black Alps remind me of a smoother version of an MX Brown switch with more punch to the tactile bump.

IBM Model M has glorious buckling springs that can be heard from a room away, very nice to type on but I find they can be fatiguing over a long time due to the relatively high force required to activate the key (75g~)

TG3 with MX Black's is my go to portable keyboard due to form factor and quietness, never really use it at home setup though, as I prefer tactile clicky switches.

Cooler Master TKL, MX Blues are nice and clicky and the form factor allows mouse more movement.

Tim Tyler: My keyboard
youtube.com/watch?v=9yg3s77nAMQ

I'm using a Dell SK-8110, I have boxes of them used. They are totally acceptable in every way, I have no need for anything more

As for mouse, it's some generic chinese gaming mouse, it fits my hand well and lasted longer than the Logitech G500 I had before. Fuck you, Logitech

Try ebay..

deskthority.net/keyboards-f2/the-lisp-keyboards-t98.html

All you need.

I'm Dell keyboard guy from above and even I appreciate a mouse with a few extra buttons where my thumb goes.

Thats a big keyboard.

Best keyboard coming through tbh.

I just want my parents to buy a keyboard that lights up and changes colors so I can put my statues on it.

Hey guys, is the HYPERX FPS Alloy any good? I say this because I'm possibly gonna be getting it as a gift. Thanks, guys.

Owned one of these for the last ten years. As far as I'm concerned, there's no other mouse a person needs.

I use a ducky DK2108SZ with mx blues and a ROCCAT lua mouse (great buget mouse with open source loonix drivers)

I use a trackball.
You guys should give it a try, it's comfortable as fuck.
You can get the logitech marble or kingston orbit for pretty cheap too so it's not a big investment like a mech keyboard.

Mouse gestures in your web browser.

Got the razer version of this it's like having a numpad for your thumb, at least my distro sees it this way. Don't use it much but it's handy sometimes especially the + and - key.

I just wanted a mouse with a 4 way scrolling wheel and got this one for free. Had to take it apart and use a black marker inside to make it glow less.

my fucking nigger

I use an older razer I bought two of. It doesn't glow if you don't install the proprietary shitware and only has two peripheral buttons that can be used as back-forward keys so I'm pretty okay with it. It also has speed controls with three settings slow, normal, oh my god what the fuck which is really comfy as I have terrible eyesight and sometimes need a slower mouse.

As for keyboards always budget, because only an autist cares about that kind of thing. okay programmers do too

>convert usb to PS/2
fucking disgusting.

I have a Model M, love it to death and back. Also heard that Model F is even better, hopefully one day I'll get my hands on one.

A keyboard enthusiast told me to stick with model M or get an F. He also told me that blue Alps, Gateron and Matias switches can be fun. Dell AT101 is also on my list.

I'd probably pick a Steelseries Sensei 300 in white to combo with a white keyboard. Most mice with perfect sensors, safe shapes and good weight come in black color only anyway - or I could try an IBM Model M13 and match it with any black mouse.

Hacks I know of:
*linear mod
Do some push ups my man, it's good for you.

Steelseries Rival 300*

My nigga! I'm using a EC2-A and it feels fantastic.

/g/ was always better so /g+tech/ is an improvement tbh. nothing of value was lost.

_ _

meme alert

ducky 9008g2 with cherry blacks.

logitech g400s.

Zowies feel like the old Intellimouse when M$ made god-tier equipment.

y tho

comfy as fugg if you not gaymen with it

Thumb trackballs need not apply.

Mine's dying and I can't find anything that could replace.

Pfffffft... What a pleb!

I have an IBM model M, and it's spoiled all other keyboards for me. Absolutely godly feel, comfy as fuck, and built to last. The state I found it in was deplorable, it took me a couple of hours to clean it up, but holy shit it still functions like new.
100/10 all other keyboards are dead to me

For a mouse, I have a Corsair Shmitar RGB, because I'm a hot memester who unironically uses buttons.
But really though, it's great. It's large, so I don't get cramped hands from long use like all my previous mice, and I use the buttons as secondary arrow keys and media keys to control my music without having to divert attention to the media player. Plus I'm a sucker for pretty colors.
Too bad it doesn't come in beige though, that'd go great with objectively best keyboard and the height of mankind.
8/10 good features but no beige or buckling spring.

I've torn mine up and used the shit out of it. Just take it apart and clean it and it'll function like brand new again.

Done that. The cable has already been shortened in order to fix it. It has homemade skates. A replaced microswitch. Even after cleaning some buttons just feel under/oversensitive. It's still doing it's job, but it has seen better days.

I have one. I don't use it because no scroll wheel.

Using the forward/back buttons as modifiers to scroll with the ball feels clunky and uncomfortable.