Going back to college late

i'm 29, have a master degree in economics, been working in a bank for the past 5 years
it brings the bucks and pay the bills but its boring me to death, i feel like i'm wasting my life

i chose to study economics because i was lazy not because i liked it.

i recently felt the need to become a medic, i know its crazy and the study is long but i feel like its what i should be

the thing is, i'll be 38 when i'm done.

should i go back to college ?

bump

9 years of studying? Is this medical school?

And are you sure you want to commit 9 years just because you 'recently felt the need'?

Might as well start a business. or if you're wanting to do something else, go to college with a plan for what you want to go into or you'll waste money going from major to major. Personally, I like the idea of being my own boss so that's what I want to do eventually.

no, its about 7 years to become a doctor
i also have to pass my baccalaureate (high-school diploma) again because its too old

up to you man, maybe you can see in 9 years of career progression instead you could be on sweet money

more power to you, i also like the idea of becoming my own boss. i could do it.
i'm doing fine financially and i could start my own hedge found firm if i wanted to.

but it still feels like i missed something. its not about money.

i feel like i should at least give it a try.
not die with the thought that i missed an opportunity.

Just stay a banker and give me some cash.

Much faster, nothing can go wrong

i don't really have economical problems, i wouldn't consider it if i thought i couldn't afford it.

i don't know any mobsters btw

but i don't like it :(

OP, I feel like it is no question as to whether or not you should go back to college; the only room for debate is on how long have you desired working in medicine. If you have thought for a decent chunk of time about this move, and every time you think of the pursuit, it seems appealing - go for it. I guarantee that you will regret not going back to school if you never even try. Because hey, if it turns out it's not for you, you can always go back to a banking job, so fuck it, right? 38 is still rather young and is a totally fine age to start a career. Besides, all the cool people in history were professionals in multiple fields.

DO IT OP, DO IT.

Just out of curiosity, what kind of school do you plan going to? I get it if you don't want to give the actual school names you had in mind.

thanks for the kind words man, i apreciate
i don't have a particular colege in mind, the nearest college will be fine.

also, it would be a good occasion to meet chicks.

i'll probably have more success with them since i'm not broke unlike the others

bump

You will be an old nigger

how can i turn into a nigger?

U just did

I know a guy who worked in banking for 20 years then took the money he made and started a music foundation based around a few piano shops. He's really fucking happy.
Maybe you should take up cocaine and put your soul in hibernation until you have enough money to do something semi-philanthropic. Going to college for another 7 years (when you're old) sounds totally bogus.

go work in the oilfield
pros
cons

if you know you can do the studies
and you've acquainted yourself with some of the stuff that youll need to know that interests you
then it is only a matter of whether starting a business will be superior in money making than being a medic
ultimately, since you arent yet a medic you dont love the idea that much
you should go for it
but dont expect the advanced classes to be easy, nor the practicum

SLAVE DETECTED.

i don't need money tho

as if doctors didn't.
just going back to college alone will be worth it pussy wise.
college and particularly med schools are notorious pussy buffets

i'm doing fine with money, i was lucky enought to find a job in a bank really early.
been a trader for 5 years and made enough bucks to retire (or start my own hedge found)

it really has nothing to do with money, infarct i'm not even planning to practice it after i get my degree.

if you have cash why don't you just wander around and do whatever you want? go to south asia and ge thigh and bang sexy jungle gooks, see other cities, spend a summer in eastern siberia. then go back to school to be a doctor if you still want to do it.
there are cheaper ways to do soul-searching.

because i don't find those things sexy
i also get enough pussy back home, i'm not a Chad but i don't have any problems with the local poon tbh
i'm not a travel person, i don't particular enjoy meeting new people and i find traveling stressful.
i don't give a shit about Paris, London, Rome or any touristic shit tbqh.
i would rather be in a comfy low populated island

i'm very much like a neet

then go somewhere tropical and wander around a rainforest or some shit. i'm not prescribing how to do it for you but there are definitely things you'd enjoyed doing that you haven't done. scuba diving is pretty dope.

Dont listen to these faggots OP. Its already too late.
You gotta understand that 'doing things cuz I like them and it makes me feel good!' is a relatively new phenomena. People for hundreds of years have been doing jobs that pay the bills. You arent special. You dont have to love your job, and you don't have to hate it BUT dont give up your stable living to go back to medical school of all things.