Good Comics Nightly #1 - New 52 Catwoman (1-12)

Hey, instead of storytiming bad comics, let's do a good one for once.

This will be a regular thing I'll do maybe nightly, maybe weekly, we'll see.

Anyway, for the first comic, we have the first 12 issues of New 52 Catwoman. Now, the book has many more issues than that, but after the #13 writer change, it's really not the same. Don't worry though, the story basically gets finished during what I'm posting here, at least to a satisfying point.

Oh yeah, she fucks Bruce in this issue.

So on a scale of 1 to 10, how fucked is Selina?

Man, Selina's always getting the shit beaten out of her, doesn't she?

It seems that way. How many times has it happened by now, 4?

I think that three times?

In case you weren't aware, cloak guy is actually the main villain of Winnick's run on the book.

Alright, the story takes a bit of a detour here because it's an event crossover, but this is relatively okay unlike the fucking Death of the Family one.

For those who don't know, "Night of the Owls" was the conclusion to Court of the Owls, where the court's talons are trying to assassinate a bunch of public figures in Gotham. Although I didn't care for Night of, Court of the Owls was alright.

And sorry for these post times, these are big files and my internet isn't great.

Alright, plot time. We find out the name of the main villain here.

You know, I don't know if he's fucked her or not. Personally I think he tried to but never got that far. Not that she wouldn't fuck him, of course.

I think the story could be summed up as "Selina repeatedly fucks up then calls in Bruce towards the end so he can fix her biggest fuckup of all"

And that does it for our storytime. But as a bit of a bonus, I'm going to do Catwoman #0 as well. This is why I'm doing only 1-12. If Nocenti had continued past then we never would have gotten this nugget of gold.

Instead of a "Whoah! Shit's going on, let me go back a bit and explain.", we immediately jump into this amnesia plot. I think the story would have instead been about Catwoman looking for her real name?

I just feel like the rest of the stories are like this. The art isn't bad, but it's not as good as March's. The story is arguably kind of mediocre, but it jumps around too much to quickly and it's hard to care about anything.

Also there are nu52 origin change shenanigans.

Thanks for posting. I trust most things written by Winnick to be good.

No problem user. Now, for tomorrow night's storytime, should I have people vote on options or keep it a surprise?

surprise pls

Tell you what, it'll be a semi-surprise. I'd like to see if anyone can guess what I'll be posting next, if they guess correctly maybe I'll mention them.

We'll start easy: here's your hint.

Also to anyone who wants to try - you have to guess the actual run I'll be storytiming. You can't just say "Batman".

bump

Why don't you read it user, it'll change your incorrect opinion pretty fast.

I've read the first two trades and they both sucked ass, there is literally no plot to speak of, Bruce Wayne is written like Tony Stark in his brief appearance in the first issue, the sex scene just happens and is never brought up again and the Dollmaker is a shitty villain.

The art is good though.

When did she get fighting lessons from Mike Tyson?

Man, this whole thing is the footfag's paradise.

Hey user, I have not read it yet but I just want to thank you for doing this so people might just talk about comic on this board(hopefully good ones) and not JoJo and E-celebs, It is nice knowing that other people are storytiming and actually making this board better with the discussion it provides

*casually scrolling through the pages*

0_0

You mean Bruce is written likeā€¦. a playboy billionaire?

I'm really not sure how this is a complaint, did you want them to elaborate on that plot point or something? They've fucked before.

It's not even Dollmaker m8

Listen here man, JoJo is not that bad.

It's shit m8. If you fags weren't a protected class you'd have nowhere to go since Jojo is so fucking bad.

bud I am not a JoJo poster, I am just saying it is 100X better than the childrens cartoons that everyone faps to on here

Why are you both so furious? It's bad, plain and simple. You just have shit taste, accept it.

Listen I dont think it is the best thing ever and if I would post about it, it would be in /a/ but the matter of fact is it is not as bad as everyone says it is.

>>>/jojo/

Yeah, it's pretty shitty dude.

If you like it you have awful taste.

I read issues 1-12 about 4 months back and really liked them.
So much so that I wondered why nobody recommended Catwoman?

Then I read issue 0, 13 and a few more onward and I understood completely why nobody would ever fucking recommend it.
The writer is changed from some guy to a dumb cunt.
Not just a woman, a dumb cunt, that is the only way to describe what it takes to be so shit.
She has this up its own ass plot where Ann tries to turn Catwoman into some discount Black Widow with amnesia.
She has this dumb fucking surrealist Death of the Family shit with chess figures.
I don't read who the writer is before reading a comic, I don't have preconceived notions.
The first issue I read of hers was the literary equivalent of shit and I went
She goes on to work for some garbage magic based villain who gives her the dark heart to try and infiltrate ARGUS to reunite it with Eclipso so he can do vague magic shit.
Catwoman gets possessed, a demon pops out of a book and swears vengeance and some stupid shit.
Everything was so terrible it made me cringe.
Catwoman steals a bunch of paintings she knew Batman liked and Batman gets all sad.
This is after she has a dialog with a large literally retarded mobster.
So because she made Batman sad by stealing the paintings he tries to murder her on a motorcycle and caves in her helmet.
Then they embrace because it all just the mean old Jokers fault for everything wrong in their lives despite him not really having a hand in Damian's death at the time.
I stopped reading the vomit.
Wondered how long this untalented fucking cunt kept writing for because maybe I could grin and bear it.
She kept writing until issue 35.

Actually, rather than nightly, I think I'll just do a new storytime when discussion in the last thread dies down.

It's gonna need a different name, though.

This was my reaction exactly. We had a thread about this book a while back and someone said Nocenti's DD was good. I might give it a try because I'd like to know if she's really hack or if she just fucked up bad here.

I think you're the one with shit taste here, friendo.