Can we make a new society on the wired?

Technology is one of the key problems facing humanity. It makes us reliant, soft, and weak and everywhere except imageboards it more and more divorces you from the mind of your fellow man.

But yet it's impossible to convince man to give up technology so the only possible solution to the problem is technology of a different strain and/or used in a different way.

Right now The Internet at large just repeats the mistakes of modern human society like Facebook. Twitter makes it even worse by dumbing everything down to 140 characters or less.

But is it possible to use the internet to create a new society/culture more modeled on the imageboard ideal of only ideas existing when it comes to public discussion rather than ego and identity fucking everything up.

And if not how do you think that we should use the internet ideally?

A lack of ego here you say? If I sage this thread will instead your arms get offended and immediately think of a shithole comeback ? What youre suggesting is tron rp I believe

Bump

what's up with all those luddite posts today?

please stop contradicting yourself.

At this point I'm thinking the normie part of the internet will just self destruct.

If we're on imageboards ourselves, it's because we're part of this alternative culture, the one of people that were the first on the internet, experimented with several concepts including identity and anonymity, and eventually settled for the latter. What about the first? It just vanished because it was pointless. Because those people made mistakes, we learned from those and regrouped on imageboards, IRC chans, shared UNIX servers and shit.

Normies haven't made those same mistakes and even think they're like the first people to have ever been on the internet, like nothing existed before, and they won't even check. Quite a common trait in this era, defined by the dissolution of all words and signs that make up our conceptual framework and provide us with our basic system of distinctions, and the rewriting of all history. The old internet, its concepts, its values, is now history, and younger generations would shit on BBS if they came to know it existed, like they shit on traditions, beliefs and religion.

And just like this world will collapse under its own bullshit, so will the modern internet that contributes absolutely nothing significant. Social networks are already witnessing a withdrawal. Once it all dies, normies will turn to alternatives, to what survived of it, and we will have survived.

I don't think there's anything we need to do, aside from keeping on existing, and remaining a beacon on the wired. Acquire the necessary software to run a BBS, imageboard, IRC server, FTP server or whatever, install and test it locally, and be ready to grab the torch once it's passed to you. All our favorite places will die one day, but it won't be over as long as some of us keep that flame lit.

Serial Experiments Lain was overrated, the visuals were great but it was like the creators didn't even care about having a good plot or good characters, they just wanted it to be as 2deep4u as possible

It isn't that technology is ruining society, it's they dumb people outbreed smart people. They become dependent on the instant gratification that technology provides. There is a phrase of "Why bother parenting when you can get an xbox?" that comes to mind. For a smart person they will have the mind to save such trivialities for after work is done, they will often use facebook and youtube less as well because to the healthy mind gossip and opinionated USI sufferers are not very stimulating and would be less inclined to spend more time online because of that. You can blame technology no more than a gun.

Man, I wish I was a super cool contrarian too.

Kill yourself faggot

Man, I wish I was super cool and clever like you.

luddite detected, it's kikes that are subverting tech, sage shitty thread full of cuckime spam.

xD

I half agree.

Pic related.

filtered

Well of course kikes are subverting tech, they have a hand in every jar. But ultimately it is people's fault for allowing tech to consume them in the way it has. Simply saying "Oh it's kikes" points the finger, but it's doesn't use that finger to find any solutions. It's like blacks saying "Oh it's whitey" and then they don't do shit. At some point you're culpable. I think the tech industry, which is extremely inflated, and the way society views tech needs to be dismantled and restructured. As I do with practically every single aspect of governance and society right now. The very nature of the fact that kikes are subverting tech probably means the way we're going about tech isn't the best way to go.

I agree. They are slaves to glowing rectangles because glowing rectangles don't judge, argue, insult, or expect anything of you so it's a safespace for the dull minded folks. Idiocricy pointed it out very well. Too much of Holla Forums dismisses anything that isn't Alex Jones-esque rant posts or short, sweet, to the point hatred. Nothing wrong with either of those at all, but being thoughtful in your posts isn't a bad thing y'know.

I WANT TO BULLY LAIN

Just watch, I'll be like Gaston.

Stopped reading there.
Why don't you move to a cave in the mountains or to a den in the woods if you don't like it?
SAGE

Heresy, all of it.

I participate in all kinds of free software things, it's about all I can do for the moment.

I remember reading something about a dude letting his 3-year old son start with the command line as his first contact with computers (and after that, Tuxpaint, nointernets). There is debate in my country about wether programming should be on the curriculum in elementary school, which I personally think would be great. If you can program you can into logic, if you can into logic you are harder to deceive, citizens that are harder to deceive live happier lives and put up with less bullshit.

Imagine how much easier WW2 would have been, if Germany had been persuaded that it was degenerate to use guns, ships or planes.

It pretty much foretold that the internet, or Wired, unlike previous communication systems, would become a place in itself that would be affected by the real world, and in turn, the Wired would come to host its own events that would affect the real world. As someone once said, "the Wired cannot be allowed to interfere with the real world". Now look at how critical decisions in the real world are driven by 140 char long messages and pictures of a kid dead on a beach.

So little content, yet so much impact, yet elaborate text discussion can easily be replicated today by the most primitive form of AI running on a home computer. It's absolutely insane how easily it can be manipulated. Everything on the Wired is so laughably "small", it reminds me that famous quote from Bill Gates: "No one will need more than 640 kB of memory for a personal computer"- he was made fun of for obvious reasons, yet consider it now, that's the equivalent of 4,681 full-sized tweets, more than enough to change the world whole twice over.

This is highlighted in the series by the duality of their identities, one real, one Wired, and foretold the societal impacts of it. Georg Wilhelm Friedrich Hegel once explained that existence (within a society) rests on acknowledgement, thus if no one knows you exist, well you don't exist. Existence shifted from the real world to the online world, so if you have no presence on social networks, you barely exist, and considering the things happening on those social networks affect the real world, part of the real world escapes you. In the series, teenagers suicide their physical bodies because their real life presence came to matter little, so they could keep living virtually through no more than text messages.
It foretold online harrasment as well, with shaming and doxxing. Another famous quote, wrongly attributed to Andy Warhol, is the following: "In the future, everyone will be world-famous for 15 minutes". Whoever said that forgot to mention their mothers will be accused of having intercourse with a variety of individuals for the rest of their lives. Success comes at a price, but somehow everyone forgot that, and as everyone exposes their identity on the internet completely ignoring that issue, they end up paying that price, and would rather blame it on others than their conscious decision to step into the spotlight.

The Wired is interfering with the real world, and we're now seeing how that is a problem. There's nothing deep in SEL, in fact, if you watch it today, it's more of a supernatural fable expressing what most people know today, albeit they generally fail to apply that knowledge. Thing is, when it aired in 1998, which for the reminder was some 18 years ago, was truly visionary. The real world doesn't need the Wired. The Wired is nothing more than an extension of it that can be easily subverted and controlled, hence why it shouldn't take so much importance.

Thinking back about my previous post , I realize that while perpetuating our old internet ways is important, it's more important to focus on the real world. Because it's the real world that truly matters, and the difference in the things we do on the internet reflect just how secondary it is. The most important thing is to encourage people to take part in it, and I'm sometimes thinking that the solution might be the opposite: create places in the world that are cut off from the internet and where phones and cameras are forbidden.

That and bomb the global infrastructure of the internet.

Whenever the kike decries racial discrimination, violence, or the like, it is always to get YOU to stop using it so they can use it against you without opposition.
If the kike is exploiting a tool or medium, we should be exploiting it too.

No, fuck off summerfag.

The problem I have with the way you're thinking is technology is the only reason we've gotten to the point in being able to see the bullshit we see the establishment doing much clearer. We've got around 2,000 people posting and discussing various political issues right now with the power of the ultimate library the world has ever known. The Jews accidentally gave us the tools to beat the establishment at their own game and we're winning.

I'm not a luddite did you read my post?

I think that technology in soceity creates problems that can only be solved with technology used in a different way.

We're probably already in the wired user.

Lain really does suck, didn't even get past the 1st episode tbh fam

The Lain thread also sucks so that's not exactly helping the lainposters argument that Lain is good.

OP seems to think technology is somehow a problem, instead of the actual problem of millions of browns flooding into white nations at the behest of Jew influence – and the other millions of whites who won't even consider this realistic vision of the world as a possibility.

Goddamn it stop calling me a luddite.

I think that the problems caused by technology are a natural consequence of industrial society that can only be solved with more technology.

I was refuting luddite retardation.

I swear to god half the faggots in this thread only read the first sentence of my post.

SEL user, you didn't answer to my last question.
You from lainchan?
Also, I suggest for NNTPchan over Tor. That way nobody has control over content that is shared.
But more-over what we need is someone with enough time and motivation to become technologically aware of jews that control all of information being shared.

Why are you so upset, luddite? Maybe you should stop posting on the internet if you hate it so much. Technology is obviously the only way out.

Closed source tech is the way out of what?

Your mom's basement.

How did you get that ID?

Lurk more you fucking fag

TOR

He's a government agent. Since you quoted his post, you downloaded a tracking cookie and now they have access to all the information stored on your computer.

Nice job faget.

wow. interesting read though.

Great posts.
The internet is a collection of human concepts. It will consistently mirror the zeitgeist and will follow natural order.
It's because the internet is a mirror of humanity's collective mind. More than anything else in existence, it provides evidence for human thought being the current by which moments pass. Thought is the fuel for time, and an idea, or rather the process by which an idea is made, is the most perfect abstraction, and is the building block for observable existence.
So, what does this all mean? It means we have come to see a time where the events of life and all that it entails scroll before us like a facebook or twitter feed. Each site could be seen as an individual global nation where people reside. Most of the "mainstream" sites would be the "Big Brother" thought police states where you have no rights. 8ch is the free world, where the only exterminations/deportations (bans) are of foreign posters. This means 8ch is the only site that takes care of it's people like a real nation should.
Life itself has become digital, and thought is the blood of digital life. What is the basic unit of thought? The meme is the blood cell of digital life. Not only that, but the meme takes a life of it's own and exists within physical minds. We are truly conjuring spirits to affect people and real life. Do you remember the Slenderman stabbings? The Wired and the real world are merging, not in a physical sense as some schizos would think, but in a sense real enough to affect people's minds. In other words the Wired and the mind of the user are merging. Because the internet is the collection and circulation of pure thought, it exists on a level that interlink with the mind of the user as easily as it can link to another server across the planet. I shouldn't say "can". It does do this. By sharing a picture, video, or article with a friend, you are linking information straight into their mind in a very real way. This is how SJW social conditioning became so powerful. These people don't live in the real world anymore. They exist only in the Wired, or more specifically, the few sites in which they are resident. I think this great push for putting your identity on the internet by (((them))) is not just a means for cataloging everyone, but a means to make them more susceptible to (((their))) social conditioning. If you can link information straight into a person's mind, there's no point in throwing money around for advertisements and university clubs.
This is a by-product of the Wired, which was only meant to be a hub of communication. The reason it becomes so powerful is simply the sheer number of people using it. If it wasn't marketed so heavily, only us rare nerds would be using it, and only in the old ways that we found so admirable.
We are different because we understand how the game is played, having been internet oldfags. What we think as human beings, by being posted on the internet, now controls the zeitgeist. So the internet becomes the agent of the spirit of thought or the spirit of the moment. You could say the Wired is the undercurrent of reality, and only us grandmasters can really see that other reality. We are like Shamans of ages past, and our computers are our seeing stones, which we use to peer into the spirit world that exists alongside our physical one.

Are you The Knights or what?

Tavistock. Technology is more effective at changing society than politics.

Technology has impact on the real world, while politics is a controlled system to keep people in a box created by the elite. You are living in a system designed by someone else.

Changing your behavior or using technology to restructure the conditions you live in, is your only way out of the box.

So in general, they will drive you away from effective solutions (like technology, to take back power) and drive you towards ineffective solutions (politics, voting).

People are being intentionally dumbed down, made degenerate and slowly poisoned and killed off.

People were not always this dumb. The IQ drops happened because people were injected with mercury, fluoride and chemical poisoning. The IQ drops are similar to the diabetes and obesity and cancer epidemics, which are not genetic.

These were caused intentionally, through chemical and biological methods.

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▐░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░▄▄▄░░▄██▄░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░▐▀█▀▌░░░░▀█▄░░░░░
░░░░░░░░▐█▄█▌░░░░░░▀█▄░░░
░░░░░░░░░▀▄▀░░░▄▄▄▄▄▀▀░░░
░░░░░░░▄▄▄██▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░█▀▄▄▄█░▀▀░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░▌░▄▄▄▐▌▀▀▀░░░░░░░░░
░░▐▄▐▐░░░▄▄░█░▀▀░░░░░░░░░
░░░▀█▌░░░▄░▀█▀░▀░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░▄▄▐▌▄▄░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░▀███▀█░▄░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░▐▌▀▄▀▄▀▐▄░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░▐▀░░░░░░▐▌░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░▐▌░░░░░░░░░█░░░░░
░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░░░░░▐▌░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░█▀▀░█▀█░█▀▀░█▀▀░█▀█░▀█▀░
░█▀░░███░█░█░█░█░█░█░░█░░
░▀░░░▀░▀░▀▀▀░▀▀▀░▀▀▀░░▀░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░

U R B I T

You do have a point. It's not the tool that is the problem, but the one the uses it.
But you should watch at least three episodes of an anime before you decide to drop it. Just one if you know beyond doubt that the show is trash.

Ssssshhhhhh
The knights don't exist user, it's just a myth of the wired

The future of underground social networks in the short term is real-time imageboards - wait for the explosion when meguca is out of beta and we start seeing boards that aren't exclusively /a/ & /jp/ - and in the long term it's urbit.

You are absolutely right, read brave new world.