/planb/

WE NEED A PLAN B, NOW

We rely heavily on the free software ecosystem. Stallman is well past his prime, doesn't even code anymore. The nu-generation of coders involved in GNU projects are.. pic related.

It's time to get serious about a backup plan for GNU gets compromised.

Other urls found in this thread:

soundcloud.com/joan-ba/hachikuji-dance-beat-1h-mix
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Free_software
templeos.org/Wb/Doc/HolyC.html
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operations_research
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Topology_optimization
worldstarhiphop.com/videos/video.php?v=wshhhf2a73m43g8LX94b
youtube.com/watch?v=9gIyYGBfN34
nextchan.8ch.tech
myredditnudes.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

musl/llvm/cmake/vim

What are we missing?

makes me cry a little bit

yeah, i think we can't underestimate the impact of what will happen if we don't mobilize

There needs to be a new strong leader like Stallman to lead, that was the only reason GNU succeeded in the first place. Without someone like that with strong convictions and ability that demands respect the talented individuals will go elsewhere and do their own fragmented thing, and the beta devs like Garrett will fill their void by following SJW authority figures.

alpine linux
musl
zsh
vim

all you need friendo

*people start listing random programs/libraries they use*

lmao you basic bitches

Bye bye nigger :^)

What's the name of the second song in first video?

I don't know, best i got is soundcloud.com/joan-ba/hachikuji-dance-beat-1h-mix

Hmm I mean the Anonymous dance Video...second song.
Btw thanks Op.

let's get serious though. You have to look ahead 10 years.

In 10 years we are all still going to be sitting at our computers, tinkering with whatever, shitposting, downloading crap. You know?

If we want to maintain our freedom without becoming a slave to SJW rules and codes of conduct we need to start thinking about the logistics of that.

A counter-culture has to be created that doesn't discriminate against people in software for things they do outside of hacking. Must not allow ourselves to get trapped into cuckware.

Whole point of free software is that you can change it if you do not like it. So even if "nu-generation coders" turn out to be marxist SJWs who fight about changing pronouns in documentation all day long, you can fork things and get group of real programmers to make something useful.

Maybe we can fork Git and make whole collaboration process anonymous by default. That way there would be no way to link person who made change to change actually being made unless person 'namefags' and adds that info in commit.

I could take over from Stallman for fucking college girls and eating scabs off of my feet.

Good to suggest ideas but I don't think code contributions should be anonymous - you can always use pseudonyms for coding.

the reason I say this is it makes auditing harder

You don't seem to understand what free software is.

If GNU genuinely gets compromised ten thousand autists will cry out and fork. You don't need a plan B yet. When the time comes you can just start with the last clean version and go on from that, or clean up the current compromised version since the FSF copyright assignment contracts make a legally binding promise to only use libre copyleft licensing.

I never worked on anything serious enough to be audited, can you please share some more information about problems about it?

How much experience do you have with git?

You have to manually set up a name and e-mail address. The commit contains that information but it's not an account system. You can just ask contributors to "git config user.name Anonymous" before committing.

Forking git for this would be retarded.

It's pretty easy to see why leftists are subverting technology and video games - they're the current (and future) of all productivity and entertainment.

How can they be stopped? Will we have to glass all universities and start over? Universities are where these shits are coming from, there is no doubt about it. First we must cleanse the education system.

Until the Jew is eradicated from academia, there will always be leftists subverting what we love.

Blamimg leftists is too simple. Richard Stallman is very leftist and the free software movement traditionally has lots of leftists. Pick a smaller category, this makes no sense.

You can already do that, you idiots. You don't need to fork git. Git doesn't enforce real names, or names at all.

Maybe there's an inherent problem with the free software movement then? Maybe the entire movement has been subverted by cucks and leftists? Maybe people who can't or won't pay for software are the problem.

Fat chance; this is Holla Forumschan.

fug ur rite

posts like these remind me that Holla Forums is too stupid to bother posting on. just that there's no where else..

ciao

Did you drift in here from Holla Forums by any chance? It sounds like you don't even know what "free software" means in this context.

Please lurk a while first.

Maybe people who have no incentive to produce good software produce shitty software

Stop embarassing yourself. Do some basic reading.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Free_software

The "free" in free software means freedom, not price. It's basically an earlier term for open source. Free software is software that you can study, change and redistribute once you have it. It does not mean "software that was developed for free"

A lot of free software is developed by paid employees and some free software even costs money. Companies typically contribute to free software because they use the software internally and keeping their improvements private causes more work than just publishing them.

The industry-leading software in many technical areas is free software. The 200 fastest supercomputers in the world all run Linux, the best C/C++ compilers are GCC and Clang, Pixar recently released some of their in-house developed tools as free software, Netflix serves up to 40% of the US network traffic with FreeBSD, and so on.

There are many legitimate arguments against the free software movement and you didn't make any of them. Lurk more.

Well, if there's any good in this whole clusterfuck, it's that Holla Forums is finally starting to collapse under the weight of its own autism. Trump is getting smashed in the polls because Holla Forums has done its absolute best to make people hate them. It turns out that -who would have guessed- you need people to like you in order win an election.

Post Trump's abysmal defeat, Holla Forums is finally going to wither and die. Then we'll finally be free of this skinhead variety of SJW's.

Are you actually under the impression that Holla Forums affects the polls? Jesus you're stupid.

Is Plan A to just fag out and start to become tolerant and accepting? Should we have a Code of Conduct on Holla Forums?

Holla Forums's been long dead friend

You've got to be kidding me. Holla Forums has generated one of the most powerful insult memes I've seen in a decade. "cuck". Immediately, a man sees that and starts reevaluating his life. Some man is rude and tries to put you down, at first you might think, "ahh I'll let it go", then another voice in you head says, "but that's what a cuck would do...". Once you're uncucked, you start being more assertive, you carry yourself with respect. You notice it in the way you walk, your friends ask you for your work out routine, and women are begging you for it, left right and center.

The cuck meme is all over the place now, in your safe space and in your mind. This frightens you.

There will probably be some beta-lefitist planning to vote for Hillary. When he sees the ballot, the voice of his lost inner manhood emerges, "Hillary? Really... kinda a cuck thing to do isn't it?" and right there rejoins the ranks of men and votes Trump the God Emperor. At work he cancels the plan to outsource jobs, then comes home to fuck his wife with a raging MAGA dick.

Holla Forums is winning, and it scares you. America's back baby.

So how's that working out for you?

In reality, not in yoir delusion, that is.

Whoops, I guess it cropped out the electoral projection

Also
You can't actually be this retarded, right? I know having autism makes understanding social situations challenging for you, but surely you at least understand that insulting people makes them dislike you?

Holla Forums before trump
Holla Forums after trump

Holla Forums on Hillary and Russia
Holla Forums on Trump's insatiable hunger for Putin cock and Russia's support of Trump and opposition to Hillary

Holla Forums before trump

Holla Forums now

Basket of deplorables. The racists, the sexists, islamaphobes ... blah blah.

That's all you leftists do. You ascribe a term to a person and declare them irredeemable. Holla Forums on the other hand wants faggots like you to uncuck themselves. It's a positive message, but it might take some time to sink in for you.

Seriously now, answer these questions:

Do you actually support Hillary?
Are you an American citizen?
Are you White?
What is your age?

Made me laugh, thanks user.

Whoops, missed and accidentally put

Fuck no
Yes.
Yes, and most likely more "Aryan" than you

Nobody likes your and Holla Forums's snivelling posting style and it's going to come back to bite you in the ass in November. I'll be sure to screenshot this so I can reap extra amounts of butthurt when the time comes.

:^) Not an argument (^:

not an argument

Back to your safe space.
>>>Holla Forums

Are you currently employed?
Are you a virgin?
What is your level of educational achievement?
What is your net worth?
How old are you?

I'm not going to reply to your datamining.
Please go.

But I played yours. Are you afraid of answering? :^) Here, I'll even go first:

Yes, I'm a researcher for my university
No
Currently working on my master's in mechanical engineering
Only $5k because I'm still in school

Your new is showing kid

Not an argument.

Sure.

I'm self-employed, and launching a second business.

No.

Degree in computer science and working on a masters in mathematics (which I have delayed a lot).

$2.2 million

I support Trump, post on pol/, and I'm more Holla Forums than you'll ever be.

*Holla Forums
I'll kill myself now

Cap away Paco.

Proof with timestamp

I will vote for Trump if you can provide satisfying proof

And do it on mobile so you can't manipulate the DOM to make it look like you're rich.

You got me, how did you know I was a virgin?

Kek, that's rich.

Of you wanted to embarass me and make me look like an idiot, while simultaneously making me vote for your crazy oompa loompa, you would post proof with a timestamp

You won't be getting proof, but I find it amusing you say not to use mobile. Do you think I have that stored as cash in some checking account?

Confirmed fake and gay

Holla Forums plz go. No one likes you.

If you're going to lie, at least try to make it believeable

There are no lies, but there are also no ways to prove it. Which is actually why I amusingly decided to give a perfectly honest response. That way, I'd see if the idiots coming up against me were really as pathetic as I envisioned. The disbelief they exhibit, that a person can achieve success running contrary to their own impecunious state, exposed them as such.

I don't post on Holla Forums much these days though, there really is a dearth of intelligent people on the board.

*tips fedora*

My dad works at Nintendo too, you know

This time I believe it.

I guess when you said "Aryan" above, you mistook honorary "Aryan" as meaning anything.

Probably because you're UNDERAGE

rms was fantasizing about strapping explosives to his chest and blowing himself up over software freedom. Good luck finding someone that devoted.

He really needs to understand that his message and the matter in which he presents it is very unappealing to the generic public. Without them on board those talented individuals may be making free software but they're doing so at Facebook and Google.

What good is proprietary software and formats being a thing of the past if the future has everyone using dumb terminals to consume media or run programs on a computer they don't own or control? If anything the free software movement has hastened the likelihood of this freedom-depriving scenario.

Read the first 5 words of the post. But of course you're an autist, and once you got that idea in your mind, you just had to keep going, isn't that right?

You really don't understand the irony of what you've just said, do you?

Autism speaks.

Stay poor faggot, maybe once Trump wins you'll get a job.

The FSF needs to seek a successor for stallman, stallman will eventually not be able to travel as much, so having a backup is a good idea, we need someone with his charisma.

We also need to fork projects or conspire against ones that have draconian codes of conduct, I did a test run on a relatively big project.

What I did was first gain trust, which I already had because I had worked on it for a while, then I used one of the words that goes against the CoC, "retarded", after I was called out by the person that added the CoC everyone else started to go against that person and the CoC was eventually abolished, that person also transfered the copyright to the project, which was a plus.

There is hope If you look at KDE community its the best and least toxic at the very moment.

They have neon OS, krita, office, and KDE mobile. If you're gonna ask me KDE plasma is certainly BUGGY but I'd still prefer it as it was written from scratch (most) and that design principle is okay for me. They did not reuse fat code base for years like Windows 10/8/7 which are all Windows Longhorn 6.0 with patches. This is what OPEN SOURCE projects are supposed to be which is flexibility.

I do hope that once KDE mobile is released there will be no 'powerhouse' corp taking over like Ubuntu + Canonical.

Hopefully KDE mobile will not fall for some malicious big "biz" because most open source projects are vulnerable to turning into a big pile of spyware when they turn into "products" that either sell or collect data for the likes of KIKECOMPANIES not people. Like how android started as a good open source project but the license was too loose that it sells as ((open source)) although there are plenty of binary blobs within the system including secret google backdoors plus spyware and OEM backdoors (samsung,blackberry,sony) without being in the documentation at all and infact the source code is MISSING due to trademark bullshit and >muh code will steal by competitors.
GNU GPL is a very important concept when it comes to building the FOSStopia.
If the code tree is made available and anyone can compile from source it is FREE from all these crap system of vulnerable botnets that exist in ALL devices today. ...and to add to that these big corpos are actually responsible for those unusual DDoS attacks on whatever they want to censor and nobody would ever know! It only means that when power of production is shifted towards a few sources then there will be "controlled" quality and feature-limited products for wasteful demand-based production.

At the moment KDE is officially the best in terms of likedness to the GNU principles.

The problem is not about how "normies" are infecting the FOSS community, we need to infect "normies" the concept of GNU/FOSS just like what Stallman did all the time. If ever all normies (all people) become open with the concept of FOSS then there will never be a problem plus the community will flourish and many more people will develop an even better software. The community gone garbage? FORK IT and don't let it be like how chrome and firefox (both kikesjwinfected) set the standards while both of them contain external spyware from google (web service spyware integration masked as "malware protection and safe browsing")..

About that intel incident I don't mind it that much. Open Source hardware is soon and after that will be the concept of removing consumerism through "Individual Production and Industrialization" where everyone can print fabs, share hardware blueprints/schematics, but there will be laws for printing weapons (hackerpunk!)

But I already have one where I'm designing the advanced shit that your ungrateful ass is going to be using 20 years from now. Are you retarded?

You had to cover up your own NEET status by making up some bullshit story about being a gorillionaire.

good point, let's add that one to the image

not the other user but you're the kind of guy who loves online role playing especially on IRC.

twisted tongue, there are hundreds of ways to prove yourself.

Then show us at least some blurred or low quality photo of your schematic diagrams or some code screenshot that takes 20 years to fucking finish.
Who the fuck designs something to be used after 20 years? Do you understand development methodologies?
Name a methodology compatible and relative to that time burned... or at least name the study reviewed on your coloring project.
That time consumption is too much even for an intensive scientific research to breakthrough, if you're gonna ask me. Is that a product or some autistic banter?

>expected response: htpt://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trade_Secret
If you want anyone to believe you at least be based to deliver otherwise you are guilty of autismal roleplaying.
Truth comes with a price, either pay for it or fly away to autismo island.

WE'RE ALL NEETS HERE

Thank you and good night.

my nigga
www.suckless.org

yes
no
Associates
oy vey at least 2.8 billion I mean like seriously goy

What are you using as a compiler? Clang?

Your candidate is dying, I think Holla Forums will have the last laugh.

generic_butt_euro_4.flac

HolyC
templeos.org/Wb/Doc/HolyC.html

how about the guy pictured? he's on the board of directors

Some of us are still in highschool, tyvm

I'm developing combinatorial optimization algorithms for use in engineering applications. I'm using computers to design physical objects based on parameters given by an engineer. The computer can than produce designs that have better performance than those created by hand.

I'm also working on an interpreted OR study language which allows for user-friendly optimization over the conceptual design space, based on which high level design choices are available to an engineer.

You? You're a NEET.

Not my candidate. I hate proto-fascist criminal as much as I hate the proto-fascist oompa loompa

stop with the buzzwords thank you

T - aerospace engineer

Except they're not buzzwords in OR and structural topology optimization...

again with the buzzwords. speak english

Here, let me expand your limited vocabulary

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operations_research
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Topology_optimization

and you still dont get why I call them buzzwords.

they are terms made up just to sound fancy while doing CAD and CAE to sell shit.

When you say "aerospace engineer" do you mean college freshman? You can't actually be that retarded, right?

Yes, a computer is involved, but that doesn't belittle the extremely complex underlying algorithms that are doing the design and optimization.

Topology optimization is to CAD as TI-84's are to multiplication.

Also topology optimization is what designs your turbines

even the words "design space" come from design schools, not engineering disciplines.

It is the same type of people who work for NASA who make the retarded projects they are up to now like long range electric aircraft (that are underpowered and overweight) and electric "VTOL" that use a shitload of small mortors instead of two small ones.

tl;dr engineering has become some type of "art and design" school rather than engineering and buzzwords like the ones you are using are nowadays are used to sell shit.

Confirmed retard. Your jet engines would melt if it weren't for the work I'm doing. If you've even graduated, and I doubt you have, it must have been from Kentucky State or something where they just taught you how to turn screwdrivers.

The design space is a tangible thing in topology optimization. Each possible solution combination is a point in that space. You move through the space of all possible solution combinations as you optimize problem.

confirmed for a nigger who cant read

I never said stop doing your work, im saying buzzwords have taken over engineering because art and design fags were in charge of naming shit to sell to executive boards

No, I think I've proved my point here

get over yourself.and get out of the design school language

What an obnoxious person you are. If you're such a useful professional, why are you shitposting on Holla Forums during the day?

He's 6'2", get better bantz.

Well that's what you and your skinhead friends were insinuating before you were BTFO

And no, I actually have the freedom at my job to browse the web for a couple minutes in between being productive. In fact, I even get to set my own hours. So suck on those sour grapes all you want.

Believes races and cultures should be allowed to be segregated if they choose
Nobody "takes credit"
Its true
Sexual "freedom" (deviancy) is but one of many causes.
???
OH YOU'RE ONE OF THOSE BUTTHURT LOLBERGS AREN'T YOU

cringeworthy/ 10

Your existence is cringeworthy

Have you tried sperging out in public like you just did in ? I would pay good money for a video recording.

Have you tried hanging out with niggers since you love them so much?

I would pay to see th....wait I found a video for free
worldstarhiphop.com/videos/video.php?v=wshhhf2a73m43g8LX94b

yes I'm implying you're the female who "was" defending your bf

Can you rephrase that into English without the cringey Holla Forums terminology?

Can you reply without using cringey repeatedly?

Well, I mean that kind of behavior in public would cause others to cringe and laugh, would it not?

You probably have anxiety fits from when you go out in public, nerd.

lol, k

Standing in line for Lord of the Rings/Star Wars/other bullshit doesn't count.

Observe the autist in his natural habitat. He entered the thread with much bravado while attacking another user he perceives as racist. Perhaps he was trying to impress a female, being the thirsty beta that he is, for mating privileges.
But now he is in a fix. He has picked a fight with a superior.

Some Chad Thundercock (or loud ass dindu) acts like a total douche in public and nobody bats an eye. I guarantee you wouldn't say shit either.

I found the cringe-master
youtube.com/watch?v=9gIyYGBfN34

I'm not sure how that qualifies as a sperg out in relation to what you just did. You two are clearly very butthurt and grasping for straws at this point.

On a scale of 1-10, how mad are you right now? :^)

Not an argument

This gif is awesome.

Yes it is

The people on Holla Forums who hate on Holla Forums can be divided into 2 groups.
Shills. They are out to spread dissent. And with Holla Forumss lack of IDs its all the easier.
Admit it, at least with IDs they have to use vpns and put forth some effort.

Shills also play the role of Holla Forumslack (false flag/agent provocateur) to drum up further dislike.

Dumbasses who believe the shills.

Lol. I hate you skinheads just as much as I hate SJW's.

You do realize that most Holla Forumsacks do not like skinheads ether because they undermine long term goals of right wing, right?

And yet their ideologies are nearly indistinguishable. If anything, Holla Forums enjoys getting cucked by authoritarians a bit more.

Can you provide any example of this?

and somehow I'm a retard

top kek

Ah, there's those strawman cartoons that I know and love. Grow up

For every one of you that dubiously claims not to be a racist, there's ten more Holla Forums skinheads

wow, you'd be great a great file worker at a deathcamp.

How new are you?

See

again, guilt by association.

Not technology

I agree, but the newspeak fag who probably calls 3D animation "Motion Design" keeps doing the whole guilt by association shit.

It's always been called a design space you dumb fuck. What else do you suggest I call the combinatoric space of different design permutations?

Noone even names it when they use the software, it's literally only terms that people who work on the software call it.

Noone gives a shit what it's called when people are doing work in it, pointing that out makes me a dumbfuck somehow

And what do the people writing the software, like me, call it?

Yea, this is what I meant by those terms are used to sell software and hardware behind it, people who use it don't care.

The programming field, or IT field in general right now is too concerned in sounding important than just doing the work, and are taking way too many points from Design School faggots.

I brought this up earlier, somehow I'm a dumbass for pointing this shit out.

I'm an ME. That is the formal name for the concept. Whether or not you think it's a marketing term is irrelevant.

Do you think Reynolds or Mach are trying to sell you something too?

top kek, stop grasping at straws, I bet you call videogames "interactive media" too

confirmed freshman

nigger go back to design school or something, next you're going to tell me that the plank constant isn't a unit as well yah dumb fuck.

The Planck constant has units attached to it. All of those pi groups like the Reynolds number are unitless because that's the whole goddamn point

Music : Yeah Yeah Yeahs - Heads Will Roll

top kek. so finding ~10 or ~>/=20 cannot be found using Units?

Dear god, I fear for the people whose lives depend on the things you put that stupid into

okay newspeakfaggot

what the fuck does this mean?

More Than or Equal, slash just means or.

I'm bored so I'll fill this out. (Not any of those anons)

In talks at the moment about a contract.

Yes. Saving it for marriage because I'm /christian/

College.

idk and idc, I don't like money, so I don't pay attention.

thank you

=================================================================================================================================================================================================================================================================================================================================================================================================================================================

welp

I am the Chairman and President of my organization. I've built a beautiful company. I plan to step down soon and hand the reigns to my daughter and two sons. I'm currently doing interviews for my dream job, but it's a long drawn out process.

No, and I have a big beautiful family. A wife, two ex-wives, five children, and eight grand children!

I graduated Wharton with a bachelors of science in economics.

I am worth well over $10 Billion USD, with very little debt.

70 years old, but I feel 35!

openbsd is shitlordy AF

It's not, Holla Forums was literally like that 1 year ago.

What if we forked TempleOS? Added a networking stack for shitposting purposes and called it SparrowOS? The documentation could be full of CIA niggers fucking homo niggers and nigger nigger niggers.

and yet you have no response other than "grow up"

Are you a female?
Cuz you sound like a female.

Holla Forumsfags really into ERP lmao.

I regularly fantasize about bombing google/microsoft/etc.
Where do I go now?

NeXTCHAN exists.
nextchan.8ch.tech

It's inevitable once you get into databases.

Just remember /t/ is the non-retarded tech board there.

Too bad it didn't pick up.

It barely existed 24 hours. It's not permanently dead.

It's permanently pozzed though.

nice oxymoron faggot

How?

HaikuOS

Le code of conduct.

What? Are we both talking about next/t/?

PURE
IDEOLOGY

Are you currently employed?
No
Are you a virgin?
No
Middle school
What is your net worth?
15 million USD
How old are you?

I'm just lucky.