Private Prisons

What's Holla Forums's opinion on private prisons.

I guys seem to be pretty anti-gov and want to give as much responsibility as possible to the people and private sector, so I suppose private prisons would qualify as a good thing fitting your narrative.

I personally am against it.
Call me a jew if you want

*You guys

Without niggers there would be a lot less to profit from such a business. Also I think weed should be legal, usage among teenagers decreases among legalized areas.

sage

slidethread

OP is a hit and run faggot.

Created a thread to shit up the board, doesn't back up his argument.

"Redpill me on prison goys, I mean guise"

na
I'm still here.
Just don't feel like bumping the thread every 5 min

While I have nothing against private prisons in principle, in practice, there are a number of factors that make them unsuitable for a privatised, free-market approach.

The main thing you want to look for in a prison is a low rate of recidivism, that is, once releases, former inmates are not likely to wind up in prison again. This makes prison management an 'experience good', a good where the quality is difficult or impossible to determine until after you have purchased it. This is bad, because it means providers will not be competing on quality, but on other factors, like how much they can bribe the government officials and get away with it.

An even bigger problem is that once a provider has been chosen, the incentives are all wrong. If the provider is paid per inmate, then it has the incentive to deliberately increase recidivism, so that there will be more inmates in the future. Not only that, but there will now exist a prison lobby pushing for stricter laws and harsher sentences. If the provider is paid some flat fee, it will either be a waste of money if there are not many inmates, or the provider will be unable to provide proper service if there are too many inmates. It may be possible to devise a scheme in which the provider is paid less for repeat offenders, but even if that solves the recidivism problem, it doesn't solve the prison lobby problem.

You'd be better off with a government agency that had a proper incentive structure, like keeping the operating budget separate from administrative salaries, and paying the administrators more for low recidivism while still funding the operating budget based on the number of inmates.

Screw that, no criminals get shit from us.
You commit a felony or multiple misdemeanors you get deported.

They're shit.

Consider:
Scenario A

Scenario B

Well, from what I understand, in the US, private prisons get state subventions per inmate.
(And, out of pure coincidence, of course, most big private prisons are at all times around 90% capacity.)

A system, like you're suggesting, where the long-term effects of a prison get accounted for would be absolutely amazing, but the reality of impulse-investors kind of makes it impossible.

Governments would have to impose restrictions which make the whole concept not-competitive, meaning it'll just be first come first serve and that's it.

A shit. State should run labor camps which would replace current prisons. Othereise you end up with kikes trying to frame people to fill up their shithole zoo once there are no more criminals to arrest so they get more money, to build more prisons, to frame more people until nobody but a select bunch of assholes is free.

State sanctionned work camps and deportation camps segregated on the type of indesirables is better in the long run.

I forgot, an added benefit is you can finance the place with the labor produced by criminals. It basically finances itself.

Until you realize that the "law" is a ever moving goal post and you get slapped with a felony for "hate speech" or "wrong think"

It's easy to have such a hardline stance on such matters when you believe the law is on your side.

Take one good look at Europe to see how such a stance can easily backfire when grandma decides to call bullshit on the Holocaust.

Grow up faggot.

can be great

as it is youre looking at crony privatezation; overcharging the government, monopoly contracts etc. not real competition

Terrible idea.

The black market within prisons is bad enough as it is. Once you have guys unable to afford toiletries for the following weeks, things go south pretty fucking fast.

If you think that private prisons are a product of a "free market" you are insane. Its like saying that the international arms trade is private and completely devoid of US government control, enabling, and cooperation.

Private prisons didnt start the drug war that pushed US incarcerations to the highest in the world. The private prisons also have nothing to do with our shitty court systems and sentencing requirements. Also the government are the ones who fund the private prisons and drag people at gunpoint to be thrown into them. These are not "free market" institutions.

But criminalizing those is against the law. You can only enforce the 1st amendment if you hold lawmakers accountable to the law. To do that, you have to ensure separation of powers and therefore hit hard against corruption.

Private prisons are modern day labour camps.
/thread
Also slide thread.

Of course that statement truly solves every sociopolitical debate that privately owned crime punishment facilities may cause.

They act against it because the law isn't enforced against them.

Prisons should not exist.

If you commit a crime bad enough to allow the government to 'justly' remove your liberties you should be shot.

This has the added benefit of making lawmakers think twice about the bullshit laws they pass because once people realize their 'dude weed' would get them strung up they might have the balls to do something about it.

Private prison systems are the road to serfdom in this country. China's economic policy these days are basically state capitalism. They're now sending prisoners to work 12-16 hour days to make crap to export to the West. I'm completely against the idea in theory, because this would actually allow for a quota system for Law Enforcement to arrest as many people as possible and lead to kangraoo court convictions, so long as they get kickbacks from the owners of the Private Prisons Systems. If this isn't bad enough, Prisoners are now being forced to labor in American prisons, like milking cows.

You're a gayboy if you think that people who post here requesting info for a legitimate political discussion are JIDF or whatever, you moron. Pic related if where you should go, if you don't like people bringing up topics they'd like to know more about.

all of this is true

Sorry, I should've wrote, "I'm against the idea in practice and in theory".

Considering it's the only time most niggers actually produce any wealth for anybody, I think they're just fucking fine.

(((private))) prisons are kike run internment camps.

They lobby for ridiculous laws and pay off judges/prosecutors to keep the bunks overflowing.

Burn them all.