Why is this an official GNU project again?

gnu.org/software/freedink/
Why is this an official GNU project again?

Other urls found in this thread:

gnu.org/philosophy/nonfree-games.html
techrights.org/2014/09/16/persson-sells-out/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

аутизм

Because it's one of the greatest games of all time of course

Because of the incest subtext between Dink and his Aunt.

When it comes to gaming the GNU organization is a disaster.

Here's rms message on gaming

gnu.org/philosophy/nonfree-games.html

The same spiel we've all heard before and your average gamer will never read if is stumbled upon. Instead of mentioning how Doom 1&2, the most important and iconic video games ever, became GPL licensed for the benefit of the community and is an example of a game even the most ardent FSF member can play with a clear consciousness he rambles on about Steam and what their association with GNU/Linux might potentially mean. Anyone interested in using Steam has no interest in free software and Valve's support for any OS other than Windows has been so lackluster and inconsequential that it isn't worth commenting on.

No mention of successful FLOSS game engine replacements projects. Or how most emulation projects for gaming are using the GPL for development but it is wrong if they're used to run proprietary programs. How about mentioning that most games on permanent exhibition at the MoMa are FLOSS? Instead there's one line tacked on at the bottom to show just how much he cares about the games that support and try to spread his message.

He could change a few words, remove the part about about art and that essay would be just as applicable to accounting software.

I know at least one free software developer with opinions about free software who runs Steam on Linux.

But I agree with most of your post. It's a bad article to put at "nonfree-games.html" and use as a generic article about proprietary games. It's really an article about Steam on Linux, made as a reaction to Steam on Linux, probably because they got lots of questions about Steam on Linux. I wouldn't have a problem with it if it was labeled that way.

Somebody ported it to psp.

It's such a shame, gaming is bigger than Hollywood and an important cultural artifact for the youth yet they pay almost no attention to it.

Back in 2012 Notch said he was going to release Minecraft's source code as public domain and they didn't care one bit. Now Microsoft owns it.

techrights.org/2014/09/16/persson-sells-out/

We see almost all the major tech companies treating the field of gaming very seriously and even governments are releasing video games. Why is the Free Software movement so behind the times on this?

Stallman might actually be the single most Jewish person I have ever encountered.

ioquake3 is all that's needed.

Are you surprised?

America's Army is more technically impressive than most AAA productions.

and there goes entire gaming library for Microsoft Windows

if we're going to play propetiary games, at least ensure the processors critical to the entire world can be produced everywhere, or else playing dink smallwood on ARM chinkcomputers will be your future

my nigga

Better be classic and not that new abomination

アウティサム

I'm okay with this. We can recover.

If you do support Windows, please do not abbreviate it as “win”. In hacker terminology, calling something a “win” is a form of praise. You’re free to praise Microsoft Windows on your own if you want, but please don’t do this in GNU packages. Instead of abbreviating “Windows” to “win”, you can write it in full or abbreviate it to “woe” or “w”. In GNU Emacs, for instance, we use ‘w32’ in file names of Windows-specific files, but the macro for Windows conditionals is called WINDOWSNT.

LOL

has notch ever explained why he didn't release the source code?

clearly he was just mentall ill and depressed but it's just so frustrating

Back in 2012 Notch was wooing dumb Holla Forums autists with all sorts of promises that he'd never deliver on. Who cares?

>>>Holla Forums

Dink Smallwood is one of the greatest games ever made. How many games these days allow you to beat a woman to death while she screams for you to stop? The one right before you enter the forest is right next to a save game machine too, so you can save, beat her to death, load your game and do it again. How many games these days let you punch the head off of an old lady's pet duck right in front of her? It's fucking great

I just spent all day playing this game. Just finished slaying Seth and beat the game.

If it's not EMACS/TETRIS I'm out.

yeah, with chink ARM cpus and graphics.