lwn.net/Articles/676664/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

real AOL chatlog from 1999:

==============================start===================

[email protected]/* */ ha sjoined chatroom

[email protected]/* */: i can haz directx? i pay in bitcoin

[email protected]/* */: no

[email protected]/* */: lol

[email protected]/* */: oh dam i wil nevr hav year of the linux compoter now XDDD

=======================end==================================

10/10 nice meme

really makes u think

here is one of my best which is actually based on your OP image.

It wouldn't be called a chair without the legs in the first place.
Going by this logic, it should have an entirely new name. Not GNU, not Linux.

Seat. A chair with no legs is a seat. So-- Legs/Seat

I would like to interject for a moment.....

I run MemeOS and love it.

I run Linux 4.6.0 on my Debian Stable machine. Get with the times, gramps.

hardened?

>>>/s8s/

$ apt show linux-image-4.6.0-1-grsec-amd64Package: linux-image-4.6.0-1-grsec-amd64Source: linux-grsecVersion: 4.6.3-1+grsec201607062159+1~bpo8+1[...]
4.6.3, not 4.6.0, sorry.

Hit me up with some NEXTSTEP memes

I'll give you one the W3

mfw

I spawned this a few years ago.

So Linux/GNU?
Checkmate GNUtists

???

you must be so proud of yourself

Where can I download this specific one?

It's discontinued. It seems they still have a repository, but no idea if it works: app.assembla.com/spaces/linuxforniggers/git/source

now I can't unsee that logo being a fat guy

Talk about getting with the times

GNU/Linux is a gateway into those.

I kek'd.

I've used that particular one, it's just a simple asm project that outputs nigger-friendly pictures.

I need a nigger-friendly distro in my life.

If I may interject.....................

I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you're referring to as Linux,
is in fact, GNU/Linux, or as I've recently taken to calling it, GNU plus
Linux. Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free
component of a fully functioning GNU system made useful by the GNU corelibs,
shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined
by POSIX.

Many computer users run a modified version of the GNU system every day,
without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of GNU
which is widely used today is often called "Linux", and many of its users are
not aware that it is basically the GNU system, developed by the GNU Project.

There really is a Linux, and these people are using it, but it is just a part
of the system they use. Linux is the kernel: the program in the system that
allocates the machine's resources to the other programs that you run. The
kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself;
it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Linux
is normally used in combination with the GNU operating system: the whole
system is basically GNU with Linux added, or GNU/Linux. All the so-called
"Linux" distributions are really distributions of GNU/Linux.

Will always be the funniest meme.
Don't fix what aint broken.

I'm trying to get RMS to contribute into making a meme much better, but he is being so fucking autistic about it.

Anyone got the FLOSS car one? I need it for a project.

Tesla runs on Ubuntu. They just haven't released the source code.
Which is illegal.

If they haven't released the source code of the GPL-licensed parts that's illegal. But they don't have to release the really interesting stuff that they're running on top of the operating system. The GPL doesn't extend that far - if it did then running proprietary software on Linux would be illegal.

Kek. What noobs.

I runs a heavily customized version of ubuntu, of course the GPL states you can ask for the source code after it's been distributed to you in a two year period, I don't know anyone that has asked for it though, but if you ask tesla they will tell you even if you buy a car they won't give you the code which is illegal.

triggered the ol' autism/10

Sauce for that freedom car?

The first one is OC from Holla Forums Holla Forums. Unbelievable but true.

Someone installed Gentoo on his Tesla car. He got mplayer running. He put his video on youtube to private, so I just have clickbait as sauce:

thenextweb.com/insider/2016/04/24/tesla-hack-puts-movies-front-and-center/

If you were refering to the real car, it was build by Jeremy Clarkson, Richard Hamond and James May, better known as former Top Gear presenters.

youtube.com/watch?v=PCSNCs7bwCw

Fucking awesome, thanks

Who's that spermatozoid imp?

I first saw the photo version on /g/ before Holla Forums even existed. I don't know why thinks it was made here.

The drawn version was first created on Holla Forums as a sort of shitty collaboration collage for Holla Forums's Wacky Races cross-board project and then made into a proper drawing by someone from /argentina/.

Upload size limit increased?

It's 10 MB now, thanks to the deduplication.

am i doing anything wrong?
is updating the kernel and compiling it with the same configuration as the older one except i enabled march=native rice?

Deduplication has nothing to do with it. It's 10MB now because the site admin set it to 10MB.

Deduplication is an excuse to fuck up filenames for the entire website and break overchan.

Deduplication freed up space which is why he raised the file size limit. That was the plan all along.

I'm not sure if I'm understanding you correctly. You think that fucking up the filenames was his goal, not a side effect?

Sorry. Tor users can't upload files on this board.

I seriously have no idea why people bitch about distros. As long as you're using a FOSS OS it's fine by me.

user we got over that already

I remember Roscosmos saying how they used Arch Linux to handle communication between their probe launches. I don't really understand the hate, must be autism distro wars.

It's mostly that Arch has a lot of annoying users who insist that it's the best for everything and feel really leet. Most users aren't like that but the ones that are stand out.

Arch used to have some quality problems too. It took years until they implemented package signing, for example. But it's an alright distro now if it fits your use case.

The thing with arch is that it does nothing new except Pacman and AUR.
If you use Arch because of the AUR I can understand, it definitely simplifies things. But most people started shilling for things it doesn't do, specially being minimal. Arch was one of the first ones to adopt the bloat that is systemd and the packages aren't even as fragmented as in Debian. Debian had the netinst available for years before Arch was even made/popular which is as minimal or even more than Arch default installation, and more straight forward to install.
Also most people think Debian wasn't an option because "It updates once in a blue moon" which isn't true because unstable/sid existed for decades.
It became a cult thing of "I'm sorry I don't use PLEBIAN" more than based on actual merits. They could have used Debian properly to achieve the same sans the AUR, but they preferred the cult status.

It has abs, and used to have a bsd style init.
Debian is shit for many reasons. The stable branch is more stale than stable, testing deserves its name, no real port system, no rolling option which means tons of -devel packages, no enforced security CFLAGS, now famous lack of cooperation with upstream for patches, etc...

Now give me one thing Debian does well, except a good support for alternative µarchs.
PS: I use Gentoo.

It's absolutely beautiful, also, why is Debian such shit?

Clever.

(...why did the CAPTCHA load first time but not now)

arch redpill
lists.archlinux.org/pipermail/arch-general/2015-July/039443.html

mint redpill
lwn.net/Articles/676664/

Walls of papes incoming.

That's because Debian splits packages up, not (necessarily) because you have less software installed. With Debian you don't get debug symbols and development libraries unless you ask for them (which is a good thing because at least 95% of systems don't need those) and large software often has separate data packages so updates can be smaller.

That said, seeing as you said you have to "actually set up some stuff" you probably went with the pretty large default GNOME system. You don't need to do that. It's easy to make an Arch-tier minimal system with the advanced installer.

The bugs that are gone now were probably because you were using Debian Stable. If you update to Testing they disappear too.

Not saying that Manjaro is bad, but you're not using it in the way you were using Debian and you can use Debian this way.

Thought I got more, well that's all folks.

What did he mean by this?

ALL THE SAME! ALL THE SAME.

Linux distros are all the same fucking thing except with a different bloated DE on top and occasionally a slightly different package manager that installs the same packages using a different command.

I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you're referring to as Linux, is in fact, GNU/Linux, or as I've recently taken to calling it, GNU plus Linux. Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning GNU system made useful by the GNU corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX.

Many computer users run a modified version of the GNU system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of GNU which is widely used today is often called "Linux", and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the GNU system, developed by the GNU Project.

There really is a Linux, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use. Linux is the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the machine's resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Linux is normally used in combination with the GNU operating system: the whole system is basically GNU with Linux added, or GNU/Linux. All the so-called "Linux" distributions are really distributions of GNU/Linux.

Well, OBVIOUSLY.

Jim the Free Mason has a plan. He wants to be able to break the current timeline through meme magic, and that starts by breaking Holla Forums users' image timelines.

Yeah, but Unstable doesn't.
Many distros don't have a port system.
You mean rolling release option? Unstable is exactly that. Testing as well. Not sure what you mean with -devel packages; they are separate from main packages for a reason.
Yeah, I find this one worrisome, specially with some of the shitty excuses package maintainers use to justify this decision (such as "I am not sure it would work also its slow", just before being proven wrong and just leaving the issue open without commenting again). Most critical packages (those which interface with the Internet directly, those which had critical vulnerabilities recently, etc) are secured, though.

If I remember correctly, Gentoo had its problems as well. I recall reading some developer shitting on Gentoo because they used a weird setup in which his program didn't work, and correct me if I am wrong, but I think Gentoo doesn't download and verify packages by default (apparently because "our servers are very secure"), or at least that was the case some years ago.

It's one of the few fully free distros.

If your standards are high enough then Debian minus contrib and non-free is the only truly free distro. I don't think any other distro rejects GFDL-invariant documentation, for example.

I started with the NET (minimal install).

I was using Debian testing, I have no idea why I got so many little bugs on Debian.