Chuck Dixon talks to milo

Chuck Dixon talks to milo

Other urls found in this thread:

goodcomics.comicbookresources.com/2010/10/22/comic-book-legends-revealed-283/
web.archive.org/web/20081010194548/http://blog.newsarama.com/2008/06/16/chuck-dixon-i-did-not-quit/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

"Who?"

Chuck Dixon is a comic book writer who did some work on Punisher and Batman in the 90s.

Milo Yiannopolis is a conservative gay man that likes to piss off social justice types on twitter. He was recently banned for wrongthink.

He created Bane

Let me take a wild guess, he's bitching about the liberal conspiracy that won't let him write funny books.

go back to 4cucks it seems more your speed fam

I'll take that as a "yes".

wew

Fuck off avatarfag

Along with Birds of Prey, he gave Nightwing his own series, Well, after Tim Drake's series and those two mini.

He written a lot of the Bat-family and that's not taking in Green Arrow as well.

Fucker was busy.

Is he a big guy?

Wow. Milo must be really scraping the bottom barrel to dig that old hack up.

Samefag pls

4u

Wouldn't have thought he'd give the faintest fuck about comics.
But then again, he claimed not to be fussed about games until Gamergate rolled around, now he's the editor of Breitbart Tech (though appears to write very few "tech" articles, his SJW mockery and hit pieces are all lumped under that banner regardless), so "changing his mind" did wonders, there.
While he isn't the undercover leftie that SJW's like to dream about, nor is he 40 interns in a huge coat, I'm beginning to doubt his motives.

You act like people can't see this as a position in the culture war. the irl stuff is more longterm but its easier fighting SJWs in media. I've noticed this. SJws can ban you from twitter but they won't kill you/fuck you up like BLM/antafta irl

Well from what I remember back in the day he's a legit /a/utist. It's possible that he's at least vaguely aware of the western scene.

"Did some work" is massively downplaying his contributions to the Batman writers. He gave actual character and purpose to Dick, Tim and Babs and allowed them to develop into their own characters away from Batman. That alone makes him the most important Batman writer of the last 25 years.

He might care about SJW shit in comics but Dixon wrote the comic adaptation of Clinton Cash which is the documentary and book Breitbart have been shilling pretty hard the last few weeks (with good reason IMO) so that probably has more to do with it.

Okay, I'm curious enough, what character of Dixon's got rape murdered and then brought back? And did they really nuke the city, or is he exaggerating? When I hear stuff like this, I think back on how Alan Moore started his run on Swamp Thing. All the side characters were targeted by badguys, but they all pretty much escape okay. Pushed out of the story, but alive and well if anyone wanted to used them again. Because that's what you do when you respect the people you're taking over for.

Do you guys think you'd be offended by any treatment like that if you had a run on a big two book? I figure as fans we pretty much expect that every run will just mulch the run before it.

Hes not

Spoiler

Just go back to goddamn Kotaku in action faggot, nobody gives a shit what Milo says or does on here because he has nothing to do with cartoons or comics.

Seriously HotWheels or whoever is running this fucking shithole of a site, fix this shit!

fuck off back to 4chan faggot its comics related

Suck my dick

I agree in not giving a fuck about Milo. But we should give a fuck about Chuck Dixon. And I'll ignore the messenger if it means getting to know more about he man and, more importantly, his work.

How long ago was this? I really stopped paying attention to a lot of stuff, especially DC, several reboots ago (even a bit before), so… why would they do this? I know back in the day people fucking LOVED the Nightwing book, why would they burn his whole city? I mean, I get that the whole bat family has been fucked around every direction in these last few years, but I have to assume there were a lot of viable characters there that they just tossed out the window.

Did they just hate Dixon's politics, did he personally insult someone, or was it just business as usual?

No-one cares about this attention-seeking faggot (in both definitions of "faggot"). IF he cares about his own rights than he's not a conservative, no matter how much he pushes himself as a CJW.

Yes, I agree, LET'S STOP TALKING ABOUT THE ATTENTION SEEKING FUCK.

How about instead you talk about Chuck Dixon, who's written comics for decades.

I picked up some of his G.I.Joe stuff, but haven't read it yet. I'll check out the one or two issues I have, but how is his overall Joe stuff? Should I make sure to get books he did as well as my normal focus on Hama?

I don't read comics though so I have fuck all to say about Dixon.

Then why the fuck are you here?

I'd storytime something for you, but I don't have anything on hand. And the only site I mess with currently only really has newer Nightwing books.

Anyone have anything, or any suggestions? user needs an education, and I'd like to read comics from back when they were good.

I wouldn't mind a storytime, see if you can find something.

But I sincerely doubt the user you are targeting gives a shit, sounds like was more interested in the other person. How the fuck do you post here and not know who the prominent comic guys are anyway.

Which ///cartoons///?

So back in the mid to late 2000s DC seemingly had a mad hate-boner for anything that wasn't the Silver or Bronze Age. During this time, DC seemed to take great pride in being as violent and edgy as possible, possibly because they felt that Marvel was beating them for having more "realistic" (i.e. violent and edgier) comics… that's if you believe ex-editor Valerie D'Orazaio who's fucking nuts so choose to believe that or not.

So as part of this, they conceived the War Games storyline (this was 2004) to up end the Batman line. As part of this they announced that Stephanie Brown aka Spoiler was going to be Robin… which was a fakeout, the entire storyline with her as Robin was done to set up War Games where the real twist would be her death (I don't think she was ever raped). Fans fucking HATED it and hated other shit it did like have Leslie Thompkins intentionally let Stephanie die to teach Batman a lesson about involving kids in his war on crime. This was all eventually retconned/revealed to be a fakeout and Steph came back as Spoiler for a bit before becoming Batgirl until the Reboot happened and was replaced by Babs.

Bludhaven was destroyed in 2006 during Infinite Crisis (a cynical, shitty sequel to Crisis on Infinite Earths) when Deathstroke and some other villains drop the villain Chemo on the city because _____. No really, I don't remember the actual reasoning and doing that was horrifically out of character for Deathstroke. Also it's treated as a nuclear incident despite the fact Chemo is chemicals, not nuclelar radiation. The entire thing reeks of knowing what Marvel was planning to do to Stamford and beat them to the punch.

That does beg the question of why you care about who interviews comic writers, since you do have the option of just ignoring threads that don't interest you. Cause, honestly, none of us here should give as much of a shit about Milo as we should about Chuck Dixon.

I'll see what I can find, and it doesn't really matter too much if other user wants to read along or not. It would be good reading.

Well none that are currently running, but I love good Simpsons, good SpongeBob, and Avatar: The Last Airbender.

Honestly I only clicked on the thread because I saw Milo and thought "Oh great, what is it this time?".

I do remember some of this, at least second hand accounts and vague recollection of Infinite Crisis (which I think I try forget). It was like back to back shit crossovers for both companies, because I fucking hated Infinite Crisis and Civil War (which was just a cheap idea to cash in on DC's success with Identity Crisis) and I just… stopped giving a fuck about the characters. Because they weren't real anymore, they were just pieces to be picked up and discarded for sales at any moment, so there was no reason to be invested at all.

That whole time period is why I'm not a regular comic buyer anymore.

Nothing that could be storytimed here but readcomiconline.to, which is basically the comic version of Kissmanga, has a shitload of stuff. If you want to see the work he did for Dick, Babs and Tim you can just find Nightwing (1-70), Birds of Prey (1-46) and Robin (1-100).

You sound like SRS

holy shit go back to fucking tumblr or SU general my 65 pound princess

Who?

Maybe you should go back, retard.

Shit reddit says you say the same libtard buzzwords & think gays ca't be conservative (Somehow)

Yeah, yeah, who cares what either of you are going on about? No one.

This is it, and the "reasoning". They just wipe it off the map. Years of stories ended by one editorial decision… probably a mercy, all things considered.

Considering supporting gay rights is literally not a conservative thing, I'd say yeah, it's not. He's just afraid of being left because he'll get associated with SJWs by drooling rednecks.

Holy fuck how ignorant are you dude?

Liberals don't give a fuck about gays cept for chesspieces

And you say I'm the one from tumblr…

ftfy

Blame Bill Willingham.
I remember once, the guy who does GenXorcist was venting about Mister Terrific getting killed off, and wondering if the Justice Society was being whitewashed, so as designated oldfag I gave him a quick history lesson on the Art Nigger incident on Elementals, and Spoiler getting chopped up with a hacksaw.

Ugh, 2000's DC. Didn't Nightwing get raped around that time?

Yeah, I can't find the early Nightwing stuff there, but I got Birds of Prey. I'll save issue 1 and storytime it.

Girls, GIRLS! You're BOTH fucking retarded and arguing about politics on Holla Forums. Repeat to yourselves, you're on Holla Forums.

Didn't EVERYONE get raped around that time? But I think you're right about Nightwing specifically

The left especially Pierre Tredeau are why aids came into the west & ravaged the gay community. He pretty much harbored patien fucking Zero & gave him a mansion to die in.

The founding intellectuals of the UN were the same people who inspired hitler to Eugenics.

Left and right got shades of fucking grey the right is open with it tho the lefts sneaky.

Define "drooling redneck".

Bingo.

As an aside since the Crisis line was brought up I'm really sick to death of reboots and broad-brush recons. Seems like its done every couple of years now, probably because noone's monitoring consistency until things get hopelessly fucked.

AND WE BEGIN

Look at this old timey piece of shit computer. That's what they thought shit would look like in the future, back in 1999…

Some brutal murders and playful banter

And yes, this is Greg Land art. But I really think he tried a little more before the 2000s. At the very least it was harder to find exactly what he traced back then.

No shower scene this issue, sorry kids.

Spying and shit

And that's that. It's interesting enough, but the story is just getting started up. I don't know if I'll bother to storytime more, so if someone else wants to, go for it.

Retards who blab on about ""da jooz", "libruls", and have pride in losing a war that their ancestors fought in.

Yes now I know you're /int/

Yes now I know you're Holla Forums

Have you guys heard of a place called Holla Forums? They talk about comics and cartoons there, it's pretty neat.

Do I sound like pol I said left & right are fucked

Well you accused me of being from /int/ so…

Stephanie Brown, aka Spoiler

They really did nuke Bludhaven

I like Chuck Dixon. Used to use his forum back in the day

Go back to tumblr retard

Nice non-argument, faggot.

The full show is here

Stop shilling him.

Fuck off to tumblr

Without timecodes to tell us when specific comic related stuff is, I don't think anyone cares. Is there anything else major that Dixon says?

Nigger its the whole topic

listened to the whole thing, found it to be an interesting - and infuriating - peak inside the modern comics industry.

I may just stick with independent publishers for now. From the sound of it, they're relatively un-cucked.

He isn't "afraid" of anything, he's British. The made-up stereotype you've invented doesn't exist there.

The reason he isn't Left is that the Left are perpetrating 100% of the crimes that offend him. There is no excuse for being a Leftist in the modern day.

Wew lads. Dan's Dildo is strong in this one.

What I find more disgusting is that Dixon is conning you fucks with his conservative outlook. The comics industry is a complete hellpit, but Dixon is a fucking has-been who wants to keep writing books for DC. Nothing Dixon says about the Big Two being crap is new, the only difference is that the people who saying it aren't actively trying to get back in. They've gone off and found success doing their own thing while Dixon is bitching about companies he really, really wants to work for again.

In turn, his bitching brings political retards into my hobby, a hobby they have no investment in, to rabble rabble about how great Chuck Dixon is. It's no better than when fucking Big Bang Theory flooded comics with shit-head casuals.

So basically you are retarded and just got assigned to shill on Holla Forums.

How do you know that, user? Not that I would think bad of him for wanting to work with characters he wrote for so many years anyway.

Dixon has only come into the news complaining about how his "conservative values" lost him his job writing DC comics. That's all he's known for. It's not his new work or what he's doing. Just that he's that conservative guy who wrote Batman comics in the nineties who thinks he's on a black-list or something for voting republican.

Now, I'd be more than happy for this to be case and have another reason to shit on DC, but my reading up on it, it sounds like Chuck is telling tall tales. From what I've read, Chuck Dixon is a freelancer. He was working for DC freelance and hasn't gotten work from them since 2008. This seems like less of a black-list and more that DC isn't hiring his services.

Putting it that way, it's less dramatic and sounds more like he found his way to the bin of "freelancers DC doesn't hire anymore", just like Adam Hughes and Kelly Jones before him.

If Dixon thinks he's going to be writing Batman again, or even Robin, he's nuts. DC would never put a freelancer on one of their biggest titles unless they have an exclusive contract with them.

I'm sure Dixon is aware that in such a case, he'll never get a contract which favors him since the editorial knows full well Batman is a title that's never starved for talent. They have their pick of the litter when it comes to that book.

Ah, DC is employing Kelly Jones again for Swamp Thing. I guess they're banking on 90's nostalgia.

The entire freelancer situation with DC is abysmal. They basically burned all bridges with them in the early 00's.

Chuck Dixon was a mediocre writers that forced ships and characters, and was responsible for the constant number of stupid cross-overs between the Batman related comics.

Dixon didn't leave DC because his conservative views, but rather because he wanted to force stupid relationship between characters like pairing Tim Drake, who was a the time Robin, to abandon his role to become the new Blue Beetle under Ted Kord's guidance, who was at the time online dating Barbara Gordon, the ex-Batgirl and at the time the current Oracle. This would force Batman to hire Stephanie Brown, who was at the time Tim's girlfriend and a vigilante known as Spoiler, as a new Robin, all to make Tim jealous and make him come back.

This was his dream and DC said no. Then later did the Steph as Robin bit but only to kill the character in a shocking twist during the "War Games" cross-over. Dixon was fucking butthurt about it.

Either way, DC problem at the time was less that they weren't against conservative writers, but more that they wanted to "break" the characters across the board. They wanted to show an end-of-the-world scenario. The 2000's was pure edgness.

I did not know about this.

Yup.

He wanted to make Tim Drake the new Blue Bettle, which would clash with Geoff Johns' plans for the franchise.
He also wanted to push Steph Brow as the new Robin in a really gay way, with Bruce feeling jealous about Ted taking his boy-toy.

Chuck Dixon despite being conservative used to write the characters in a really gay way. Take the way he wrote Barbara (Oracle) and Dinah (Black Canary) together Birds of Prey. They looked more like a lesbian couple than good friends.

goodcomics.comicbookresources.com/2010/10/22/comic-book-legends-revealed-283/

Except no. Dixon hasn't said anything about why DC don't employ him any more. His complaining about the industry's liberal bias is completely separate from why DC doesn't hire him

They fired him in the middle of runs on Robin and Batman and the Outsiders

You don't know what the fuck you're talking about

No he didn't

If you're talking about KnightSaga, Contagion, Legacy, No Man's Land, no he didn't. That was editorial. That was Denny O'Neil. I don't even think No Man's Land was Denny's idea, it was his assistant, Jordan B Gorfinkel's

The important thing to know about this is that Chuck Dixon was really, REALLY MEDIOCRE. He was at the time writing pretty much all of the Batman related comics making them all really boring and the constant cross-overs between them didn't helped.

Dan Didio particularly found them awful.

Birds of Prey, for example, was mostly saved by Gail fucking Simone of all people and Ed Benes cheesecake art.

Because of this Didio wanted to do a culling, starting with Spoiler, who he tried to kill in "War Games" and then continue with Robin with "Identity Crisis" and Nightwing with "Infinite Crisis". They were all going to die. What saved Robin and Nightwing was Geoff Johns.

Dan Didio pretty much wanted to shake things up.

He did, though.

Who'd he ship. Name the ships.

We get it. You don't like Dixon

Dick x Barbara, Barbara x Dinah, Barbara x Ted, Tim x Steph and so on.

Do you really find his run on Nightwing good?

I"m not him, and I didn't get to read it, but his Nightwing stuff was spoken of very highly at the time. That's actually what I wanted to storytime the most, since I heard it was so good, but the site I go to only has New 52 Nightwing and after.

You'd have to explain how those are 'ships' and not just taking advantage of the shared universe. Not saying it's 100% no the case, but you'd have to prove it. And implied lesbian love was pretty much a huge selling point of Birds of Prey.

I need evidence on this

So basically, you're full of shit

Been shipped way before Dixon
WebM related, wishful thinking big boy
Steph who he created and Tim who he basically defined

So, yeah, one legitimate ship out of a potential four

Only in the cartoons at the time.

Speaking of shipping and South Park, damn that episode about shipping was hilarious.

Why did DC fire him?

Here's why.

Barbara only kissed him that one time during the 70's to shut him up.

She was 7 years older than him and he was treating her as a novice, which she was, so she thought that by showing who was the "kid" she'd feel better.

That was it.

They still went with it Anyway except shave off the Kord bit.

Which is a shame cause I actually do like Ted Kord.

That was 2002. He continued to work for them until 2008, when they canned him partway through a second run on Robin and a revival of Batman and the Outsiders

Chuck Dixon was gay for Tim Drake. Extremely gay.

For example, in Knightfall, after Bane broke all the villains out of prison, the only reason Batman doesn't stop to take a nap is because "He didn't want the boy to see him weak". After Bane (who I should mention was another Dixon villain sue who could tell Bruce Wayne was Batman by just looking at him for five seconds) broke Batman's back, it was Tim Drake that suggested the mentally unstable Jean Paul Valley to take up the mantel of Batman, over, say, Dick Grayson. Then Tim proceeds to utterly abandon Jean after he has a mental breakdown and hits him with the bat-mobile while Jean is literally begging for help, leaving him to go completely crazy in the bat-cave all alone.

Really, the entire Knightfall arc can be described as "Chuck Dixon fucking loves his villain sue Bane and Tim Drake so much he made Batman an idiot".

The kiss and the Batgirl-Robin 'wedding' were two separate issues. They continued to flirt throughout the 70s.

Even taking into account that they weren't 'shipped' until BTAS, Dick and Babs was still not Dixon's idea.

This is true, I still have no idea WHY he left.

Considering he written two miniseries for the kid AND started his first series during Knighfall, I can see why.

Except that Dixon didn't write that issue. That was Doug Moench

He didn't write the entire Knightfall arc either

Not only was his Nightwing run good, it was the only good Nightwing run. Everything else was pure shit, which is why they had to bring Dixon back for #101-106

Ok, I had to do some digging to find a long lost newsrama blog post from back in 2008 where Dixon actually elaborated some on the situation.

web.archive.org/web/20081010194548/http://blog.newsarama.com/2008/06/16/chuck-dixon-i-did-not-quit/

According to Dixon, at the time:

Also,

Considering this was 2008, we can safely assume that Chuck Dixon was another casualty of Dan Dildo.

They rarely flirted. Dick thought of Barbara as the hot older female while Barbara thought of Dick as either creepy or cute, but waaay too young.

You missed some of the gold

His Nightwing run bored me to tears. Poor man Daredevil.

You're right, it was terrible.

Like a coldsore.

Thanks buddy.

Wow, holy shit! That's quite a statement.

Yeah, but he grew up. And bitches were literally forcing themselves onto his Nightdick.

Too bad Dixon's Nightwing was almost assexual.

Milo's a poor interviewer. But Dixon had some very interesting stuff to say.

Fixed that for you, Clem.

Clinton Cash comic?

Fuck yea

Well, shit.

Half the talent pool not currently working at the Big Two have expressed interest in going back to work for the Big Two. Off the top of my head, Alan Grant, Norm Breyfogle, Jim Balent and Steve Englehart have all expressed interest in going back to work for DC. Is there really anything wrong with the fact that Dixon's more vocal about it, other than the fact that you don't like him?

>We're erasing everything that's bad
What did they mean by this?

Do you really need it? I thought it was pretty well known that Birds of Prey was probably Simone's best work and that she practically saved the series. When people say BoP was good they are mostly talking about what Simone wrote, which to be fair was a lot, more than half of the series iirc.

Fuck off

Why r you even commenting homo?

Watch the video you dumb cunt he never said hes going back he said hes fine with freelance

IMO Geoff Johns is a bad writer. I've never read his Flash run admittedly but everything else I've read is violent, cynical, full of far too on the nose metaphors and shit and just looks hackish yet despite all that is also exceedingly dull full of boring characters.

I'm starting to suspect it's Didio.

He clashed constantly with Didio who he once called an "incompetent gladhandler" (I don't remember if that's before or after he was fired).

He felt that Didio was an incompetent doofus who had no idea what the fuck he actually wanted out of the comics and would change direction on a whim. He compared it to Shooter who was a tyrannical hard-ass but who had an actual vision and you knew where he was coming from, plus his stuff actually worked. Presumably he would've made his feelings regarding Didio not at all unknown while working at DC so he was fired.

It's obvious the two do not remotely like each other and Didio can hold petty grudges. He was writing Outsiders at one point and decided to make a new Herald, a gay black man. The character was a shot at a Newsarama poster named Herald who was very vocal in his dislike of Didio, the shot being that Didio was calling him a fag by making the character based on him gay. Well that and the character's real name which was… Harold Winer.

It's not like Simone didn't have her own pet things like her constant need to shove her pet characters Black Alice and Misfit into everything she wrote. This even carried over to the New 52 where Misfit cameoed in an issue of Batgirl and Black Alice was one of the main characters in Secret Six.

seems legit

Dan, what are you doing on Holla Forums?

You wrote Beast Machines, Dan. You're in no place to criticise anybody's writing

Well everyone does that. It doesn't help that people are so obsessed with crossovers and multiverses and all that bullcrap.

No, he was right.

Is there a better tool for ripping off of that website or just one image at a time?

Not that I know of. If someone has a tip I'm not aware of, I'd appreciate it.

I'd read the Clinton Cash comic if a kind user were to storytime it.

Usually that's a good sign. I stopped reading actually when I saw this part since I know nothing else you've said is of any import.

Damn, leave a little for the rest of us, huh?

Just buy it. What else are you gonna spend your money on?

Libfags…

Wasted dubs.

Based Milo triggers fags like you.

Milo doesn't trigger me. Chuck Dixon does.

Because when Dixon gets the attention of Holla Forums, we suddenly get Holla Forums fags on Holla Forums, and their answer to comics being left-leaning shit is for them to be right-leaning shit.

No he isn't, Cletus.