USA Incandescent bulb conspiracy?

USA Incandescent bulb conspiracy?

I recently ordered three hundred 60 watt incandescent light bulbs manufactured before the ban went into effect in the USA.

Manufacturers claim that they can match the "warmth" of a regular incandescent 60 watt bulb but they simply can't. How base of an intrusion to make into every home in America and it flew completely under the radar.

I figure that by only using these incandescents in my bedroom and living room that I should have a large enough stash to last me nearly a life-time.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vitamin_D#Synthesis_in_the_skin
thorlabs.com/newgrouppage9.cfm?objectgroup_ID=2692
discountlightbulbs.org/questions/shelf-life/
google.com/patents/US20130063016
youtube.com/watch?v=5788nuGvuMo
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Incandescent light bulbs are banned in the US? I thought it was only Europe.

Nope, USA too.

Here is 100 of them.

why even use incandescent bulbs in current year when there are LED bulbs that can change to any color you want?

There are no LED's on the market the match the light profile of 60 watt incandescents

Incandescent bulbs have a wide spectrum since they are emitting black body radiation, just like the sun.
Thus, they stimulate your body into producing vitamin D. This is good since we are often indoors much of the year, especially in the winter when there is less sunlight.
It is basically a plot to kill white people by reducing the amount of vitamin D we produce.

use a high pressure sodium lamp then bro

Well, I have three hundy of these bulbs.

You jelly?

No, I live in Canada and can still buy them.

OP lives in a winter year round area and needs to save on heating bills by having lights that can get hot and heat up his cabin.

I went to Home Depot today and they had warehouse shelves full of them. What do you mean they are banned?

What do you mean by light profile? You mean the daylight, bright light, etc. labeling horseshit?

They're warm because they operate using black body emission. It's difficult to get a bluer light without burning the filament.

Fluorescents on the other hand operate via plasma allowing an electron beam to excite mercury gas that in turn throws off soft UV which is turned to visible light via a phosphor coating.

All you have to do is find which wavelength stimulates vitimin D production, and get a bulb that matches that…

Right?

THREAD THEMESONG

Interesting. I'm kind of surprised they got away with it there. Maybe I should stock up before they're banned here too.

Sorry for sage before, I was 50/50 on whether this was a slide thread or not.

It's a continuum that stimulates it, not a single wavelength.
You would need hundreds of different wavelength LEDs to approximate a black body source, and they really only manufacture LEDs in a few wavelengths.

why do you want to waste that much energy, user? are you just an asshole?

While I prefer 6000K temp bulbs, now that you mention it, it does suck ass that I don't even have the option to go back to Incandescent if I don't want to.

Shit.

This has actually peaked my interest on the subject, I will research further on the subject matter of Vitamin D production, and potential replacements for when the incandescent run out.

Why is THIS song the thread theme?

Not mad or anything… just… why "Torn"?

How much did it cost you?
I'm thinking maybe I could make some bucks as a light bulb smuggler along US/Canada border.

Also, hymen.

Because it is a super hot track, that's why.

Less than 1 dollar per bulb off ebay. If you are interested, buy a lot now before the price skyrockets due to added cost from smuggling in the bulbs from Mexico.

What are the symptoms of vitamin D deficiency?

Some people may not have any symptoms of vitamin D deficiency and still be deficient.

The symptoms of vitamin D deficiency are sometimes vague and can include tiredness and general aches and pains. Some people may not have any symptoms at all.

If you have a severe vitamin D deficiency you may have pain in your bones and weakness, which may mean you have difficulty getting around. You may also have frequent infections. However, not everyone gets these symptoms.

I miss you, Pep Pep

If vitamin D production is a problem then go outside…

The only conspiracy here is why these Edison monstrosities still exist at all.

Just buy cooler temperature spectrum LEDs, for fuck’s sake. It’s not that hard.

CFL bulbs emit massive amounts of radiation compared to standard incandescent bulbs.
Yes - they're trying to shorten our lifespan via prolonged, constant exposure to deadly light.
This is a multinational effort in western countries to slowly wither away at the population.
Also, if you break one, you have to pay (((someone))) to professionally clean it up or you'll be inhaling mercury (the health consequences of that should be obvious).
I commend you, OP, I did the same thing a few years back.
I hope everyone enjoys their skin cancer.

Go to hell.

I like 60 watt soft-whites. Nothing can match them.

You can get them in Canada, but they are meant for the Mexican market.

I can't stand CFLs or any fluorescents, and LEDs aren't quite there yet.

Okay, kill yourself.

Nice sage you fucking faggot. Enjoy your stick florescents, they will emaciate you, enjoy.

"Vitamin D3 is produced photochemically from 7-dehydrocholesterol in the skin of most vertebrate animals, including humans.[119] The precursor of vitamin D3, 7-dehydrocholesterol is produced in relatively large quantities. 7-Dehydrocholesterol reacts with UVB light at wavelengths between 270 and 300 nm, with peak synthesis occurring between 295 and 297 nm.[120] These wavelengths are present in sunlight, as well as in the light emitted by the UV lamps in tanning beds (which produce ultraviolet primarily in the UVA spectrum, but typically produce 4% to 10% of the total UV emissions as UVB). Exposure to light through windows is insufficient because glass almost completely blocks UVB light."
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vitamin_D#Synthesis_in_the_skin

Okay, after some quick research, it looks like Xenon Arc lamps, and Tanning bed bulbs have the required spectral output to properly stimulate vitamin D production.

Blacklights seem to lose output at wavelengths shorter than 400 or so, and I did find a manufacturer who makes LED's of the specific output required. (pic related)

(Heres the website, it's model number M300L4c)

They are also a fire hazard.

It's a typical attack by the managerial elites on normal people. They have a good instinct for taking away things we aren't angry enough to defend. I think they (unconsciously) know that replacing a warm incandescent with a sickly LED or CFL is a small demoralization. The whole campaign is based on some questionable thinking about the environment. Among other things, they assume the waste heat from incandescents is unwanted.

It feels pointless to engage them on such micro-issues. The only real way to fight them is build such a level of suspicion and hate that we reject their ideas instinctually without examining them, because who has time to really examine this crap?

Thank God they are overplaying their hand with anti-white propaganda and actions.

Thanks for doing to research but I knew it was a conspiracy all along, hence why bought 300 of the old ones.

Vitamin D is stimulated by UVB light you retard.

Incandescent bulbs don't get hot enough to produce UV.

Stop spouting disinfo.

thorlabs.com/newgrouppage9.cfm?objectgroup_ID=2692

I'll take what is metal halide for 500, Alex.

But his instincts were right. We evolved with black-body light sources. I wouldn't be surprised if LED and gas-discharge sources cause health and mental problems.

The research, as previously stated, was for when you run out of lightbulbs.

I can only find colored Incandescent light bulbs in Lowes or home depot every time I go to the stores

I stocked up incandescent light bulbs a few years ago too before the 100 watt bulbs were banned. Got some 100 watts left. Dozens of 80 watts and around a hundred or so 60 watts among others.

Don't lightbulbs eventually expire? You'll be left with a lot of dead bulbs in a few years time if that's the case.

We also evolved under a giant fusion reactor.

Build a fusion reactor next to your bed, it's good for your health, goy.

I hate to be a pest about this, BUT THIS IS THE OFFICIAL THREAD THEME SONG!

LONG LIVE INCANDESCENTS!!!

Those jerks.

I hope not, see (I do have lots left) but I still use them and none of them so far have gone bad (yet).

As far as I know any incandescent lower than 40 watt is ok in the USA, three stage bulbs (50,100,150) are also ok.

Simply trying to save electricity that is wasted from the heat production. CFL aren't the only types either. I have many LED bulbs and they work great.

LED's are top tier. Low energy consumption, long lifespan, no mercury. Just top tier lights.

You're the man. I hope my stash lasts forever, otherwise I will turn to products manufactured in a backwater third world country.

I cant tell if you are serious or not. They make leds that have just about every wavelength. Ask a botanist if you are looking to simulate sunlight, ot better yet
You just got conned out of a chunk of money to make your home extremely hot for no reason, as well as waste a shitload of power. The only way to justify that is to go off the grid and not give a shit about the power costs.

We also have millions of kilometers in distance, a giant magnetic field, and a hundred kilometers of atmosphere to protect us from the higher energy radiation (whether charged particles or high energy photons) emitted by the sun.
A tokamak under the bed would not be as safe.
But nice straw man.

You're a retard who's playing pretend over this issue, OP. Fluorescent bulbs are shit, but warm colored LEDs are indistinguishable from incandescent. It would really only have been accurate to say that kikes are screwing over your lighting options during the period between when the ban took hold and when warm colored LED bulbs became widely available. I know what I'm talking about because I'm looking at my LED desk lamp as I type this.

Also:

Good goy.

OK anons, you wanna hear conspiracy?

I don't know if this is true or not but someone once told me the new light bulbs (the fluorescent bulbs) were imbedded with radio or WiFi to spy on people's conversations. Anyone know anything about this?

Learn how to read, faggot.

Alright I did some googling. Apparently the shelf life of lightbulbs are a non-issue as long as you store them properly.

Who cares? LED is for numale plebs who ardently defend machinations designed to emaciate them.

How are you supposed to store them? A dry place assume?

Yeah, and try not to crack them obviously.

discountlightbulbs.org/questions/shelf-life/

Can't get them in Canada either.

Okeedoke, reported.

Go stick your obsolete, energy chugging incandescent light bulb up your ass if you want to feel its warmth so badly, faggot.

Shit you're right. I was wondering why I could only find 60W bulbs last year.
And now even they are banned I think.
FUCK. I ONLY HAVE TWO LEFT!

Good god. Is there nothing pathetic than reddir-tier defense of wholly unhealthy dictations by the state to emaciate the population?

ebay user, QUICKLY!!!

You may be able to find some on amazon in bulk still

Wait, I found three more 100W "incandescent modified spectrum replacement" bulbs from GE in my cupboard.
So I guess they found a way to keep selling them :)

So, accepting for the sake of argument that LEDs do not produce vitamin D (and ignoring for the sake of argument that neither do incandescents)…

…why do you even care either way when it only takes 10 minutes of sun exposure in shorts and a t-shirt to get as much vitamin d as you need?

Just go outside, idiot.

came into thread to post that

Final reminder that THIS IS THE THREAD THEME SONG!!!!

LONG LIVE INCANDESCENTS!!!

It's a matter of principle, and I don't believe it is just Vitamin D either.

Reeallly? Are they just like the original incandescents?

I can't tell whether to laugh or cry

I don't know, but I don't remember seeing them there a few months ago, which means my wife must have bought them relatively recently.

Very difficult in northern climates, where the sun is up for short periods of time in the winter, and it is often cloudy.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

You losers with your gen1 LEDs and incandescents have never even experienced CRI 90 3500k phosphor conversion white light. Plebeians don't even color. Also they're well over the black-body locus at the current I run them at. I'm laughing at you. Enjoy throwing your money into the garbage every two months when those things burn out. 50,000 hour half-life, enjoy your shadows and washed out colors.

They're not banned yet. It's regulated and the regulations are crap, but this thread is just bait.
I assure you the U.S. is not alone in this.

If you really care about the negative effects of artificial light, then what you really need is red lights to switch to when the sun sets, and flux or RedShift for your computers. Cover up any non-red indicating LEDs or other light sources, and install shades that let your blackout your bedroom from streetlights and such.

This will prevent artificial light from excessively messing up your sleep schedule. Even the slightest bit of non-red light can trigger your natural "it's fucking daytime, wake up asshole" reflex when you're trying to sleep, so I'm not kidding about the non-red indicating lights, like your computers power LED.

Then, now that you're spending more time awake during the day, get your blackbody radiation from the Sun for free.

I'll have to check those 'modified spectrum replacements' out then and find out. You live in the US? Just wondering because I don't know if they would allow those over here or not.

Regular incandescents above 40 watt and less than 100 watt are banned unless they are "rough service" bulbs (these bulbs have a different glass texture and are more expensive) or three-way bulbs which are commonly sold as 50-100-150 options.

Therefore, you can still buy incandescent 100 watt bulbs but they suck ass because they are too bright.

There aren't a lot of short term noticeable symptoms of vit D deficiency, but being chronically deficient has some very serious long term ramifications for your health. One of the biggest problems you'll run into if you're chronically vit D deficient is underdeveloped bones, low bone density, dental cavities, and weak easily chipped or shattered teeth. Vitamin D is important for offsetting the diminished bioavailability of numerous necessary minerals such as phosphorous and calcium due to their binding to phytates in the improperly processed grains that make up a massive portion of the western diet.

There's a wealth of information out there on the subject, look into the effect of phytic acid on the human body if you'd like to know more.

What?

I am very happy with my incandescents, I would pay 10x more for them simply to keep them.

Go to hell.

Yes you can.

Hmm, I think they might actually be halogen bulbs disguised as incandescents and deceptively labelled, after reading google.com/patents/US20130063016
But it still has a tungsten filament according to the patent, so hopefully its still got that warmth to the emitted light.

If you're serious about that being a problem, then you'd need a sunlamp to get the UVB light needed to produce, since ordinary incandescents of the kind being sperged over here don't produce it.

On the other hand, incandescent and halogen lamps DO produce lots of UV. In both cases, it's filtered out by the fixture or by the lamp itself for safety.

Weren't there a company marketing incandescent bulbs as "heat orbs", small heaters that also produce light, as a creative way to get around the ban?

Personally, I've always hated the light from compact fluorescent bulbs but energy-efficient LED bulbs are getting much cheaper and with the lampshade on, I can't honestly tell the difference between LED and incandescent.

Sorry, that should be "Wasn't there".

Why the fuck wouldn't I want an LED bulb.

High-density blue die LEDs used as photon pumps for a conversion through powdered phosphor to super intense white light that scores almost perfectly on the color rendering index (CRI). Running a 9w LED sucks and the light is dim and useless. Run a 40w gen 5 COB LED that will last a lifetime and you'll never look back. Incandescent and CFL light looks like I'm in the Matrix now that I've spent so much time under brilliant, balanced spectra.

A little pricey up-front, but I'm well-off and like painting and cooking under light that accurately represents color. For ~$40 you can retrofit any luminaire in your house with something you will never have to replace and the quality of light is unparalleled by any other source. And they grow dope like no one's business, so I'm not at all worried about their impact on biology.

First you retards argue about how good CRTs are now you are for incandescent bulbs? Do you have to be an edgy contrarian on everything? Can't be like the normies who have LEDs am I right?

feels good man

go outside or get a gym membership and tan your pimply fatass after you pull a hernia nd a hemorrhoid on the stairmaster
FAGGOTS

WE ARE ON THE BRINK OF COLLAPSE AND YOU ARE WORRIED ABOUT LIGHTBULBS
LIGHT A FUCKING CANDLE FAGGOT IT WORKED FOR OUR ANCESTORS

Incandescents put out very shitty lumen per watt ratio. The only thing good about them is that they achieve 100% brightness immediately upon turning them on.

The spectrum is absolute shit. Incandescent lights are inefficient, put out a piss-poor spectrum and are nearly useless due to their shortened lifespan.

Halogens are a joke because most of the energy is used on heat, making their energy consumption and efficiency shit.

LEDs use a fraction of the energy because the energy isn't lost to heat. LEDs are the future of home illumination because the spectrum can be fine-tuned and they are much more efficient.

Next time you buy a lightbulb, check the lumen per watt ratio. Lumens are what we measure light intensity with.

That said, if you wanna buy an incandescent, have at it. If you're paying for the energy, it's up to you to decide what you want.

I'd be more concerned about spending any money on something like an incandescent that has a built-in defect that makes them burn out at a specified time to keep you buying them. You're a slave with a slave mentality. I assume you've watched "The Light Bulb Conspiracy"? Manufactured obsolescence isn't something you should be defending as a consumer.

Just get some LEDs and quit kvetching, no mercury, very little heat (you could run one for months and then go unscrew it and it might be slightly warm to the touch, if that) you could power almost 20 LEDs for as much power as it takes to run 1 single standard 60w incandescent. Plus, these things last for years and aren't nearly as fragile, and they have no glass to worry about.

Fucking Holla Forums and your god damn light bulb concpiracies.

>>>/reddit/

It is illegal to produce or import new bulbs. However existing stock made before the ban can still be sold.

Emitted frequency spectrum. Most other lighting technologies produce "spikey" spectrums, with energy concentrated in few frequencies. Incandescents produce a pretty white spectrum, with energy spread evenly across the entire visible range and infrared.

Wouldn't "goy" be shorter? Nice try, Shlomo, but no cigar.

Some of us have indoor jobs during daytime, you know.

Nope. They slowly burn out when used, but can be stored indefinitely unpowered.

…for now.

Weed growers actually use fluorescents, as they emit the right frequencies for plant growth. Also, how do you know OP's house doesn't need the extra heating? There's no point in "saving power" on light if you then have to crank up your electric heater to compensate.

Faggot, halogen bulbs are incandescent. They just have their tungsten filament encased in a protective halogen gas atmosphere so that it may be operated at a higher temperature without burning out too fast. The higher filament temperature results in more high frequencies in emitted spectrum (i.e. "colder" light) and higher efficiency as a light source.

holy shit, those gotta be the worst fucking lightbulbs ever, average lifespan 1 year?

lolwut, you have no fucking clue
There is one thing that emulates sunlight 100% and thats a LEP plasma lamp, everything else is specialised.
For your home, just get LEDs if you cant get regular bulbs or want to conserve energy.

LEDIDF gtfo

Halogen bulbs are not what people normally are referring to when they speak of incandescent 100W (or 60W) bulbs.
And like you said, they are less warm, which causes depression in some Aryans and (to a lesser extent) Orientals.

Maybe for vegging and cloning,but that is only because the spectrum is correct. T-8s are okay, but when you get into flowering, the standard 600w or 1000w HPS is what you need to penetrate the canopy. I also use 450 true watt LEDs, but even those don't quite get the job done like two 600w digital ballasts with EyeHortiliux bulbs.

Fluorescents will work, but you'll end up with shitty wispy buds. Even the T-8s can't really get the job done.

For flowering, the only real choices without breaking the bank are the LEDs and HPS. Metal Halide will work, but the orange tint of the HPS is more proper for flowering.

I mean warm in the color sense, which is of course cooler in the temperature sense.

Nice to see you again, Arch.
Home Depots in Commiefornia still sell incandescent bulbs of various wattage

That's not an appeal to le current year maymay.
It's an argument that relatively new alternatives outperform traditional incandescent bulbs.
Stop being retarded.

If you still use flourescent for your weed you are retarded and wasteful of energy. If you are heating your home with bulbs, the same.
Learn about led spectrum lighting and efficiency. Its for light not heat. You want heat? Fucking build a fire you negroid filth. The rest of us evolved to learn how.

youtube.com/watch?v=5788nuGvuMo
So energy efficient bulbs give off 10x more radiation than incadescent? How many of you have grown a 3rd nipple?

Thank you, someone with clue.

Love it how everyone figures you can ONLY grow weed and not vegetables under lights.

This song has nothing to do with lightbulbs.

Been looking into them, interesting.

This faggot isn't me. And that panel is shit. Build your own panels, faggot.

Knowing how to grow soilless or hydroponic weed indoors would become an invaluable resource in a collapse.

I do grow weed, but I could probably grow the best tomatoes and berries you've ever tasted. Last summer, I grew tomatoes bigger than any I've ever seen in farm markets and that was just fucking around outdoors. I used my old hydro mix, which is basically expended salts to fertilize.

Organic gardening is a different ballgame altogether and requires more skill, IMO, than hydroponics. Hydro/soilless is easier to me.

I just use my panels for vegging. My flowering chamber is 600w HPS's in cool tubes.

Also, what the fuck happened to that plant on the left?

Knowing how to hide them helps too.

Enough mylar defeats FLIR heat when running MH or HPS.

And that is what an LED garden looks like under several thousand dollars of top-bin CXB3590s. As you can see, there is nothing about phosphor conversion LEDs that will damage organic tissue. Don't ever spend your money on a discrete-diode LED for horticultural purposes.

HPS are designed to run hot, you're losing up to 30% efficiency by cooling them, another 10% radiant intensity through perfectly clean glass. Ever wonder why Gavita are bare-bulb and every professional uses them? Look into Citizen CLU048 1212s, that's what my latest build is and everything's looking incredible so far. Way cheaper than a 3590, half the price depending on where you shop.

That's a mutant Tangie x Cherry pie that finishes in 5 1/2 weeks. Everything was flipped the same day, that one just autumns off at four weeks. pic related.

I'm legal, so hiding is the least of my worries. I grew when it was illegal and slept every night waiting for SWAT to descend on my house and van me. I wouldn't want to go through that again. Fortunately, I probably won't ever have to grow illegally again, but the money was better.
Back in the 90s, I got $350 an oz. Now I'm lucky to get $225 or $250.

Right now, I'm just growing Strawberry Blue and Lost Coast Hash Plant. My last White Castle turned some pretty colors and I'm hoping I can artificially bring down the temps at night and kill off some chlorophyll and get them to turn purple. We'll see.

My last batch of Girl Scout Cookies was my favorite, but sadly the strain was lost to spider mites.

I thoughtt this (((environmental))) faggotry was only in EU. WTF amibros?

I'm running my own pheno selected cuts of:

KosherTangie x Cherry Pie
Dr. Who
Alien Bubba x DJ Short Blueberry
Lemon Aliendawg
Gorilla Glue #4 x Orange Valley OG
Kimbo Kush x Plushberry
Old Time Moonshine x Indiana Bubblegum
and some other miscellaneous test crosses.

I've never seen fire like mine in any dispensary. Don't buy cuttings from nurseries, cloning techniques are almost as important as good genetics to start with. If you're buying cuts from commercial mothers, you're getting 1/300 taken from the same plant and your hormone levels drop dramatically as you move down a few nodes. No short-cut to perfection, my garden is a work of art and I've spent years stabilizing everything.

Don't play games with your lights-off temperatures. I never let mine get below 75F. At the mid-60s mark, you'll be establishing conditions for mold spores to germinate. Above that, pest issues are almost non-existent. 90% of issues that I see in personal and commercial gardens are related to dark-period temperature and humidity swings. If you want colors, get colorful genetics. I'd really recommend buying some HGNW gear, I've got nothing but good things to say about them after running their lines for almost 10 years.

And remember: VAPOR PRESSURE DEFICIT

That goes for every gardener here, cannabis or otherwise. When you have an issue, 9/10 times it's something you aren't doing at night. You wouldn't believe how many times I've seen 40,000sf greenhouses full of powdery mildew and botrytis because they didn't know that mold spores germinate at LOW temperatures and LOW relative humidity in the DARK.
(sage for off-topic)

I've had mites twice. First one was from buying clones, this second one I'm sure I picked up from the hydro store in some Pro-Mix.
Thankfully, I've had powdery mildew only once. Never had any other pests.

Unfortunately, I don't have the space or patience to breed or start my own crosses, but some good phenos are found with F1s, if you can get them.

Unfortunately getting local seeds isn't something that happens a lot here. I'm stuck with Attitude Seedbank for the most part. I don't deal with enough other growers personally because I don't trust anyone, even though I'm legal.

I've been lucky, to have so few problems with how long I've been growing. I'm no Ed Rosenthal, but every now and again, I get something outstanding from a pack of seeds.

Needless to say, I don't buy clones anymore. Seeds and my own clones only.

One dude I know claims he has "40 strains," but having 40 mother plants and not having several other growers helping you means, to me, that you probably gets pests on the regular. So no thanks.

You're the retard. What you described is literally the hipster le current year "argument".

I don't "use" nor grow weed, and my second-hand knowledge may admittedly be a bit outdated. It's been a few years since I graduated.

How, pray tell, is the heat from bulbs worse than heat from a heater?

Like that would end well in an apartment block. I should know, I lived in a dorm once.

Most likely because it's typically much cheaper to use sunlight, and the usual reason not to take advantage of it is the necessity to hide your crop from the authorities.

Where do you thing this faggotry came from? Amerikikes have been pushing it far before it hit Europe.

You specifically said
Nice goalpost moving there.

Alright motherfuckers, enough with the lightbulb conspiracy. You wanna hear a real conspiracy? CAN OPENERS.

You can't tell me you guys dont know about this?

yeah, real shame about that.

1>>6504044
Well you CAN transmit data trough power through power lines so it's not that far fetched.

I've been using a 5 Euro Wenco can opener that cuts the rim of the lid for about seven years now. Works great and is more or less indestructable.

Holy shit nigga you just went full retard.
Black-body radiation has a characteristic, continuous frequency spectrum that depends only on the body's temperature. Temp of the Sun vs Lightbulb etc..
see

Thats the only way to emulate natural sunlight nearly perfect, if you want to stimulate vitamin D production you just need UV radiation like in a tanning bed.

You do realize the real reason is that the US is facing an energy crisis from lard whales whining about no new powerplants, a shit grid, and soaring use as people buy NVidia?

The lights went off the market because they were inefficient.
If you want tru daylight, try halides, or a desktop fusion reactor.

Whatever.

Hi Trudeau.