What I read/watched thread

Fuck you, Vasquez.
That's like $40 i'll never get back

I'm not sure I get it. Is the comic lazier than the show? More childish?

It really isn't the same. The animated medium really made it work A.

And B I was more interested in seeing how it all ends then just more whatever adventures with zim.

Also I think working with Nicks creative team really brought out the creative frustration out of Vaquez.

Both

I agree, the comic reads way too quick and the pacing is off. When you have non-sequitur (I.E. "lel randumb") humor, you realy have to make sure it's paced slowly, otherwise it feels like you're jumping onto a bunch of different tangents, similar to how a kid would tell a story.

So Jhonen Vasquez confirmed a talentless hack who must be deported before the wall is finished?

He needs to be deported before construction starts.
That way he can't sabotage anything on his way out.

Tbqh even the most autistic fan of invader zim could've made a better comic than he ever could. I bet they could even make a better reboot than he ever can.

It's pretty obvious Vasquez doesn't like Zim or the horrible fanbase it spawned over the years (I honestly don't blame him) also didn't he just do a couple variant covers? I don't recall he ever wrote or drew any issue because well the art looks like someone trying to so hard to copy his style and failing hard.

I don't even fucking care if this asshole didn't write the comic. A good man would stand by his creation and not let it be bastardized.

To what gain? He has other works out there, Zim is ALREADY bastardized because it's basically just a Hot Topic brand now.

Did he seriously not even write the comic people are angry about?

If I recall he's the "consultant."
Not even the writer or artist.

Oh, I see. He wrote it, didn't draw it. I guess I could storytime it… but I don't care enough.

Couldn't find a torrent so i manually downloaded each page
First it starts off with some cringey shit in place of the regular "previously on x" exposition box

It really is like Peter Laid selling the entire rights of TMNT over to Nick, because he got tired of not making money off of the original comic anymore so he said fuck it.

Then they go off on a cutaway joke for no fucking reason, a la family guy.
One page wasted.

Then zim wastes 1/3 of a page pointing at a bush
Gir wastes another third with some lel randumb humor

More fucking retarded shit about dib working out
this comes into paly in issue 2

More le cutaway humor with gaz and le science dad

26? pages in and the comic ends.
Reminder that if you bought the digital version it would've cost 4 usd for 26 pages and some shilling for the second issue.

So we get a recap from recrap shit and continue our adventure across the galaxy

Next, vasquez manages to pad out a

Dib visits a literal ball of shit to find out where zim is

Read these posts left to right, please
Zim and dib arrive at the relic

Sorry for the order mixed up.
The page number is right after "rco" in the filename
Shit happens

and the third comic is shilled.
Now, Let me make a point here.
Zim's goal is to travel across the universe to broadcast an embarassing video of dib
Now, sure, his goals have been "silly" in the past, but this is a new low.
Before, no mattter his goal, it always ended up being horrifying or really detrimental.
You could say "but user that muffin episode" as an argument against this, but think about this.
Dib was in a simulation of his life. He lived out a full life with superpowers, and now has to face his real life will never live up to that life, ever.
This is different. Sure, you get laughed at, but what, you'll be embarrassed for like a week. Plus, these are aliens that you will probably never meet.
Being embarrassed < Having the soul-crushing experience of living the ideal life, and having that taken away from you, to which you can never return.

But it was never about muh lore

The lore still was fun though
If only they had made "the trial"

I had fun reading it

Off yourself, my man.
You are the trash that keeps these hacks fed.
ehh, some will like it, some won't. Don't let some user on the internet tell you what to and not to like

I have to be honest.
I think this comic is great. It's exactly what I wanted. The characters are there, and the humor is there. Some of the issues have been awful, but more of them have been on par with the show. I get that the modern fan base is just a bunch of attention seeking "look at how original my interests are!" faggots, but as someone who has been there from the start, this is exactly what I was expecting. I do hope it goes more into the ending that was planned, but I'm happy that after so many years it's just continuing.
And, not trying to sound pretentious here, but I really don't think even half of the people who have an interest in this franchise actually understand the jokes. I've noticed that a lot of people who pretend to like this sort of stuff barley laugh at anything that's going on. That's why them being made fun of is so hilarious. They won't even realize it. They won't ever see that Gir shouting "i just ate a baby" is intended as a hard stab into the hearts of teenage girls wearing a Gir shit that says "making sense is so taco". They will never see just how cynical the comic and later show treats any part of the audience who acts like a fan.
But hell, I could be totally wrong. I don't know that much about comics. I haven't read a lot of comics. I might just be really in tune with what their doing. Because when I read it, everything comes together. The music and terrible stock sound effects from the show play in my head. I can hear the voice actors and the tone of every line. I can imagine the camera moving as it did int eh show. I read it like a story-board. Maybe it's just because this is something I've wanted for so long that I value it. I get that the show was better but that isn't important to me. Imagine if Megas XLR got a comic that continued the story. Even though we know it as a glorious cartoon, a few of us would just be happy to get more out of something we like.