turbobit.net/kuwgtmwrmb6c.html
turbobit.net/fua7avhmuadk.html
turbobit.net/9s8yl0j9ndp2.html
turbobit.net/bw5yqy3z06gv.html
turbobit.net/d5xfksd7jd60.html
turbobit.net/ln1fan6vyvby.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

here's a taste of some good shows.

sorry about the double post for ed edd n eddy.

This series makes me laugh. Because it's ten years old and yet looks better than most CG animated stuff today

Nigger what are you doing?

i like spiderman and his friends but spider man the animated series didn't age that well. Don't get me wrong I like spiderman the animated series as a kid but as an adult they voice acting is rushed and the animation isn't very good.

Seriously, as long as it's not Ultimate…

With South Park I mean "Still holding up to this day unlike e.g. Simpsons" - the old episodes didn't age well at all, though. I think the first seasons are even terrible.

YOU CAN'T ESCAPE ME

Spiderman the Animated Series had a weird rule they had to follow: Spidey was never allowed to punch anyone

….i….i have to check that user.
Are you sure? It passed years since last time but if is so I have to watch it

Because those aged terribly, faggot

I rewatched old South Park recently and apart from the pilot, which has really, really clunky animation, the show has held up pretty well.

It's true. Parent Groups came down really hard on Fox because of Power Rangers so Spider-Man '94 was really cucked by censorship. Spider-Man wasn't allowed to punch. All the guns fired lasers. They weren't allowed to say dead, die or kill. When they adapted the Gwen Stacy story, Mary Jane and The Green Goblin, instead of dying, fell into interdimensional portals that Green Goblin somehow knew how to make.

It was so bad that I think the producers joked that if Spider-Man landed on a rooftop they had to make sure he didn't harm any pigeons.

Every Goldenage Cartoon.

Just came here to post some obvious choises

Pirates of Dark Water - sadly unfinished but hot damn what a ride. The first episode even shows signs of being animated by some guys who worked on Heavy Metal

Jem - the original show was actually pretty smart much of the time, with, among other attempts to treat the audience like they had a 3 digit IQ, realistic amounts of money being used for the entertainment industry. The Misfits had legit personal problems too, and the music overall just kept getting better (which is most fortunate, since frenetic piano for a background melody didn't serve the Misfits at all)
and I'm not even a girl. or gay. though due to a recent surgery to remove cysts I am currently wearing a skirt and that's too much info

a fine selection

You didn't know this user? It's common knowledge at this point.

user, I loved the animated series as a kid, but and I do mean But. The animation is more miss than hit for the show. One example of this is the Venom arc. The poor movement and copy/pasta animation scenes are obvious. As well as the X-men/Spider-man cross-over arc. There were a lot of copy/pasta scenes from previous episodes and sudden fall in frame rates.

Mah negro

Yeah. Probably is the nostalgia talking, as I said will give it a crack again and see

Fillmore's probably one of those shows that seem more appealing the older you are. I mean, it's a kid's show but it's full of references that most children wouldn't get.

Don't you mean you're wearing a kilt, user?

Sure, user, 'cysts'. Sure

consider that it's not the cartoons themselves. when an old show seems to get better over time, that's because the times are getting worse.

where South Park is concerned, clunky animation only adds to the charm

Oh fuck user, thank you for reminding me of that.I need to try watching that again

no, like actual sebaceous cysts. had a fuckton of them growing on my balls since i was 11. So I had them (the cysts) removed because they were a total confidence killer. close fitting clothing was irritating the wound

eh. skirt, kilt, whatever. open bottomed lower body clothing seems like it was originally designed to accommodate male anatomy anyway.
I can only imagine it took off with female fashion for ease of access if you know what I mean

Jesus Christ man, why would you share that shit?

Nobody wants to know about your disgusting balls.

Are you telling us your balls looked like a lumpy mass?

probably the meds. I'm on heavy norcos. didnt mean to derail the discussion

also, someone did press:

Nobody asked you to go into detail

Early South Park is fun if you just see them as two young guys spitting in the face of society. Or something that looks and sounds like it was made by the world's most disturbed six-year-old.

Fillmore! was easily a cartoon shadowed by the sheer about of corporate shilling other cartoon shows got for that time. The cartoon Fillmore! got no love from corporate and was easily the best if not one of the best cartoons in Disney Morning had at the time. References aside the writing was so great that as a teen/pre-teen at the time when I had "Muh mature content for muh mature mind" attitude Fillmore! easily stuck out past other cartoons. Heck I'd watch it over Samurai Jack and Courage. Even Gargoyles.

wasn't the end of pirates that genesis game essentially?

Still my all time favorite cartoon

I'm curious about what made Billy and Mandy great. I don't remember much other than Billy and tangelos.

Still, the damn show had references even I didn't get. It wasn't even based on modern cop shows that kids know their parents watch but old ones, not surprising that they didn't have much confidence that kids would get into it. Of course, chicken and egg question.

Mandy did 9-11.
NEVAR FORGET.

The '90s Spider-Man cartoon was garbage. Even as a kid I could tell how hokey and lame it was.

Well this thread brought us some gold if nothing else

Followed the comic more closely though.

And every other superhero cartoon wasn't?

I love The Critic, but it's aged somewhat poorly

How exactly?

I think half of the pop-culture references

But they're done well and it makes sense to have them since he's supposed to be a film critic and all.

Now Family Guy's pop-culture references are done poorly. Peter Griffin is just a dumbed down version Franklin Sherman.

The finale still gets me choked up.

And? If I wanted the comics I'd read the comics. Not watch this watered down adaptation with animation maybe a tenth as good as most of the comic book artists could draw.

It delivered shittier versions of stories from the comics. What's your point?

No, actually. The DCAU and Spectacular Spider-Man still hold up quite nicely. Take off the rosy glasses, user. Spider-Man TAS was just a bad show.

Pirates of Dark Water was fucking godlike, and it is disgraceful that it didn't finish.

The animation budget did falter every once in while, the episode with the bell demon had some fucking awful parts.

When most people think of French cartoons, they are probably thinking of Wakfu, however few think of Chris Colorado, which is a shame since it is a very well done cartoon, with an intriguing story, especially the story of the Krants family, smart characters with no children or annoying mascots, good action scenes and some good orchestral music.

After watching Corto Maltese films I dicided I have to learn french ASAP

Filmore! had a Pokémon reference that actual made sense to the scene and had me chuckle. Mostly because it was a teacher that said it.

Obligatory Seasons 1-3 and Movie

This is one of the few comedy shows that doesn't lose its humor after the first time you watch it

Also as you get older you can appreciate a lot of things, like the art direction and pretty good voice work.

I still maintain the season 3 era was basically the beginning of the end

Looks good, but you should really watch Chris Colorado as well. it's a 26 episode series that didn't end on a cliffhanger and the english dub is acceptable, if you can't find subbed.

the best shows never last

Clone High holds up very well in my humble opinion.

This is possibly the most expertly performed thread highjacking that I have ever witnessed.

Corto Maltese is an Argentinian comic character, i didn't knew the French made a cartoon out of it, i should check it out

I should post her into the "Characters only you fapped to" thread.

Also, how did Daria hold up?

In addition to this, the pop-culture references weren't just to things from the 90s. They had a lot of references that went as far back as the 1920s. That made it come across as an almost timeless show that just made a lot of references to films of all eras, because it was a show about a film critic.

Really, this show still holds up with moments like this one.

The Buzz on Maggie

I flipped my shit so hard

LOL

Nothing posted of this show in this thread so far was funny.

There is ONE funny scene with Jurassic Park Revenge of the Raptors, and it's not even here. What!

I tried to binge-watch the old seasons, I just love it, especially since I get the references now.

still perfect

turbobit.net/xs9shf2hag5i.html
turbobit.net/v4x3l5a6xhx1.html
turbobit.net/rj3lcecjoiv4.html
turbobit.net/mikx9i42qcy1.html
turbobit.net/dtnuomuloqxh.html
turbobit.net/g7gfmjoooxks.html
turbobit.net/xmj0limugwzh.html
turbobit.net/5dj1agjg1mlb.html
turbobit.net/p5ijvz0l1yl5.html
turbobit.net/gpalmthvcy5m.html
turbobit.net/ybrludhbez14.html
turbobit.net/xs9shf2hag5i.html
turbobit.net/v4x3l5a6xhx1.html
turbobit.net/rj3lcecjoiv4.html
turbobit.net/mikx9i42qcy1.html
turbobit.net/dtnuomuloqxh.html
turbobit.net/g7gfmjoooxks.html
turbobit.net/xmj0limugwzh.html
turbobit.net/5dj1agjg1mlb.html
turbobit.net/p5ijvz0l1yl5.html
turbobit.net/gpalmthvcy5m.html
turbobit.net/ybrludhbez14.html

DuckTales will still be watched 100 years from now.

I'm still convinced butthurt hipsters were involved with getting Mission Hill cancelled.

I'm finding that not only has Superman: The Animated Series aged pretty well, it's also very underrated.

If Tim Daly hadn't done The Fugitive, Justice League would have been a very different, and better, show

I think B&M's main thing going for it was that it took a premise that could otherwise have been very dark and morbid, but did it incredibly light-hearted and tongue-in-cheek. They were able to get away with so much because they would do it so over-the-top that no one would take it seriously. The downside of this is that the show had to make use of a lot of flanderized and one-joke characters to make a joke. The best episodes IMO were the pop culture parody episodes, which didn't actually make the show dated as they did stuff from all over fantasy and sci-fi, not just stuff from the previous 10 years. It was never a perfect show, but it never declined in quality over time.

Or it was a non-Simpsons animated sitcom on The WB

I hate this world.

I used to think JL and JLU aged pretty well as I got older then I watched it again and found a lot of things I felt it did wrong. Gave me mixed feels.

I would argue it's not that it's underrated, it's just not as bad as people think. That said, there's a lot of things I wish they did differently. It was definitely meant to be its own world apart from BTAS and the commentary addressed that issue, hence the New Adventures redesigns and crossover.

In the sense that Superman's world is vastly different to Batman's

In the sense that they didn't intend for DCAU, no. There were references to Batman as early as that first episode.

where BTAS crafted a moody gothic tone for batman, STAS was a bit too noblebright
it fit the character well, but the impact of some of the stories they adapted was severely lessened; Monkey Fun had a happy ending with Titano being relocated to a tropical island while the story it was adapted from, Tears for Titano, ended with the monkey's death and a lamentation that a scientist's callousness had brought it about and man is the true monster
and if you haven't read Tears for Titano, I highly recommend it

I suppose my issue with it could be summed up as the world in which Superman operates tries to live up to him. And that just doesn't fly

I honestly dont know, i need to rewatch it

that one is a damned fine vintage
WW2 in space complete with legit atrocities
Phaeton did nothing wrong

Well, true that Hugo Pratt worked in Argentina in a certain point of its life, but he was born in Italy and worked on Corto Maltese after 1962, when he returned to Italy.
The cartoon is a french-italian collaboration, I'd say pretty faithful to the comic if you are willing to ignore some omissions required by the limited screen time, other than that the artwork and the dub (fantastic in both the french and italian versions) make this a perfect adaptation of the comic in my opinion.

Monkey Fun wasn't adapted from Tears for Titano. It was adapted from an episode of the Filmation Superman cartoon 'The Chimp Who Made it Big'. Timm states this many times on the featurettes

A few hiccups here and there, sure, but Rocko's Modern Life is still surprisingly solid.

As mentioned earlier in the thread, Clone High and Mission Hill have also aged remarkably well (if a bit dated at times, "I'm not rich Andy, I won't get any stock options until 2003." probably being the biggest offender).

Rockos Modern Life is possibly one of the most underrated cartoons of all time
Fuck man, just watching it is cozy as fuck, the writing is fucking brilliant, what killed it was Nick executive meddling I think above all. Another problem was that it got bunched up with the other animated shows around at the time that was trying to parody modern American life like Duckman and The Simpsons but as an animated series it really stood out, even at the time.

I realize this isn't technically western, but it's possibly the most Holla Forums anime I've ever seen.

Back the fuck up, the theme song was done by the B52s?

Holy shit, how did I never know this?

Agreed on all counts, mostly because I recently rewatched all of these series in the past year or so.

I'd say nothing, but then again, I'm certain that there's only a small contingent of FOP-tier faggots who hold the show up as a masterpiece because they want to rub their dick on Mandy's feet.

It's interesting, not many cartoons then (and not many now, for that matter) did what Rockos Modern Life did: presented everyday situations and characters. Yes, they almost always got out of hand and were appropriately wacky, but the wackiness rarely overtook the base premise of the episode. I mean, shit, they had an episode that was entirely about Filbert working up the nerve to propose to Dr. Hutchinson, when's the last time any cartoon had THAT as its jumping off point?

Not to mention that major life changes (such as aforementioned proposal and marriage) weren't just one-off situations, characters that underwent those changes stayed changed throughout the rest of the series.

season 1 had a generic opening, but S2 3 and 4 had this

The Japanese opening was manly as fuck.

This show was so good. Such great humour, especially during a time when crime dramas were all the rage.

It was just so good. One of the few afterschool type cartoon I want on DVD

This looks so cringeworthy.

the thumbnail looks like the chick has a mustache.

SRMTHFG is a weird creature.
It's supposed to be an anime parody, I guess, but only focuses on that every once in a while.
It's not bad, not nearly as cringeworthy as I expected it to be (watched it within the last year, and I remember hating even the sight of it as a child) but definitely not "aged like wine". It's okay at best.

fucking Medabots was amazing.
I keep saying it in every thread, but it's literally the single most pure-fun show I've ever seen.

Ok, so is the rumor that Puffy AmiYumi only did the Teen Titans theme song because they were promised a cartoon of their own actually true? Because if not then this shit came out of the fucking blue, occupied some space for like a year and a half and quietly left with no context or explanation as to why.

Obligatory

I love Swat Katz a much as the next twenty-something year old, but it is SUPER dated in all its #90's X-tremeness

I've been meaning to watch this for a while now.

I love how timeless the show feels.

And I love how Bruce Timm draws women. Dat Lois Lane.

If you're a buyfag, it's on DVD.
Otherwise, you can watch it on Youtube.

Sam Register, who ran Cartoon Network, was a big fanboy for them, that's the context

Maybe because they sang like three words?

I want to sex maggie

have i seen you on Holla Forums?

I've heard tell of the ball cysts before. did you manage to get all the roots out?

And Class of 3000 only happened because of Hey Ya?

It's almost impressive how fucking bad the localized OP is compared to the original.

thanks for the info user.

so what did happen to ami and yumi? Do they still perform?

their most recent album (their 13th, which is kind of impressive for a japanese group) was released in 2011
they also did the TTGo theme in 2013

nothing on wiki about whether they've broken up so maybe they just tour

That was a remix

The Weekenders.

I loved that show. Here in England during the holidays Toon Disney or Disney Channel or whichever Disney it was that aired it would do these day long marathons of shows. So Monday it'd be Recess, Tuesday another show, and so on.

Friday was Weekenders and I'd spend the entire Friday just watching the show until they started to repeat episodes.

I'd say it aged like milk but it was trash on arrival really.

That show had legit philosophy, musings on war, thoughts about serious atrocities and interesting characters that developed. And it was basically a toy commercial show

What?! The fucking retarded English version with shitty voice acting provides half the charm. It's schlock.

That song played during credits on Season 1.

The whole series:

Fry gets upset because he couldn't manage to fuck the cyclops.

Bender fucks it up for the thousand time.

Zoidberg is the punching bag.

Old man repeating what grandpa simpson already did.

The rest, no one gives a shit.

When I first saw it, I thought it was a bastardized version of the Freakzoid.

Its as good as it was when it cam out, unfortunately it was mediocre when it came out

Don't forget the high animation quality.

It didn't age like fine wine. It was like every other teen drama cartoon show at the time. The only thing it had going for it was that its the Rugrats characters grown up as teenagers.

What more could you want than more Rugrats?

And that was a concept that really only needed to be a one-off special

Hey man I feel ya, I had a pilonidal cyst, I've had 4 surgeries in total to help fix the issue. Been healing for about 5 years now, almost done healing, I hope your healing goes well user.

Why do you people feel the need to share this shit?

Fuck you for making me look this shit up.

One of them had a baby, last time I heard

mine was worse than that, mine spread almost down to my asshole because I'm so used to dulling any pain.

Seriously it's just a thing that happens to some humans. Also mine was so bad it went necrotic, hooray for high pain tolerance.

Why do you people feel the need to share this shit?

fuck doctors

Because people like you are easy to disgust. It's like you've never done surgery on yourself?

I removed a wart from my thumb with acid but your case is disgusting, fam

That's not much pain. I got chemically burned weekly for 8 months, no pain killers because I hate being high. I've had to cut into my flesh to pull out wood, metal, and glass (in one case said glass was over an inch long and broke half way out so I had to open the wound further).
Necrotic flesh is just another thing some people have to deal with, especially if they just don't give a damn about pain. Christ anons you've been on imageboards for probably years, this is nothing in comparison to some things other anons have posted.

That was my shit back in the day.

It's okay user, I've been around since Chan's were first a thing and I found your tale of necrotic buttholes and testicle cysts delightful and quaint

I actually like the first episodes. It was mostly ruining childhood innocence and the occasional political/cultural joke, then later on all Stan, Kyle, and Cartman were basically those kids everyone at school could barely tolerate with a lot more political episodes being made.

To tumblr with you.

BEST. EPISODE. EVER.

Somehow, I got the complete series box set of Rocco's Modern Life for $25 at Wal-Mart.

The intro song after the first season made my ears bleed.

Really, the only reason that show sucks is because of the Nickelodeon Necromancers who restaffed the show after the original crew walked out after the movie saying "yep, this project is done and any more episodes would just take away from it."