Holla Forums on mobile

Why can't I view images on mobile? I tried overchan and exodus, and both are not showing images

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/miku-nyan/Overchan-Android/issues/110
github.com/Mishiranu/Dashchan
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I get the same issue
also use the sticky

Recent migrant from cuckchan, excuse me

Holla Forums seems to have changed inage paths, which causes the issue: github.com/miku-nyan/Overchan-Android/issues/110

Because the site owner is a fucking retard who decided to go against over a decade of unix timestamps for image names and give you retarded as fuck excessively long filenames like d53aba1ae601474b9affc471ee48bac6df11022f3c7039eeaeffb126af096e4d instead and refuses to change it back despite everybody hating it.

that shouldn't be a problem. But the links are also changed.

They're clearly hex values since they don't go past f.
This should give us shorter file names than the decimal system used earlier since there are 16 digits to choose from instead of 10 for each character.
I don't know why they are so long.

Because Overchan and Exodus are badly written unmaintained software

I just looked at Overchan source code. It looks alright and the issue can be fixed in 5 minutes. I might submit a pull request if I have time.

Because they're MD5 hashes or something similar.

Get dashchan.

Why is that necessary?

Because the way Holla Forums displays images changed as everyone said.

People may not like it, but it's probably app dev's time to update the code to accomodate.

Cool it works. Pity it's ruski botnet

SHA256 to be precise
(64 characters -> 32 bytes -> 256 bits)

If you use Windows/Windows Phone, there's a good native 8ch app called Sage Reader. An update just came out which supports the new image paths.

Dashchan works. The thread watcher isn't very good but apart from that it is great.

Dashchan works.
github.com/Mishiranu/Dashchan

I want Hotwheels back

I'm getting the same issue on ouroboros.

Who the fuck even uses that anymore. Is it even maintained?

Deduplication. The same image posted multiple times now only needs to be stored once and referenced.

You don't need to route filenames directly.
It's a stupid architecture. Next did it better, the admin could choose any filename scheme they wanted and it'd still be deduplicated through routing and that routing was easily cached.

Overchan is great. Someone just needs to fix the images now and it would be perfect.