Why do people use visual studio

why do people use visual studio?!?!
I mean it is not wine compatible!!!
I tried it, it is too much struggle in my opinion since there are IDEs which natively work on linux and bsd.

Other urls found in this thread:

go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=760868
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Because they use Windows, obviously, and they don't care about wine compatibility

Could you really not figure that out yourself?

why would a rational person pay for operating system? and use a system which is illegal to modify it and spreading it?

illegal to modify and spread for free? ****

go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=760868

VS was required for my C++ class during tests, and I hated it. Took so much longer to navigate around than with Emacs. During the first test, I spent the first 30 minutes trying to figure out how to compile and run my program. I eventually found out by looking at my neighbor's screen.

Wow are you fucking retarded?

No, I just didn't think the debug button would be the one that compiled and ran my program

Yeah you are retarded

Not to mention the fact that the same thing is under a menu with words that tell you exactly what the menu option does. 30 mins and you didn't think to check your menus?

Because it has features despite running like shit therefore it attracts code monkeys.

Because there visual study yo!

It is the best way to code C++.

Most jobs involve developing for Windows.

yeah, but i think there is linux port just for editor, not sure though

i hope you guys are just pretending to be retarded, this is fucking gold

Wow, what a deep and challenging question.

how can you logically understand that "local windows debugger" means compile and run the code??

If you go to build the button is right there 0/10

Even if you are clinically retarded and cannot deduce that...how about you click on the menu item that says BUILD?!?!?

that first screenshot looks like you really needed some bitch calibration

Not anymore, thanks to Libraries like QT and GTK+, it's becoming more common for people to code for those and make it cross platform. You don't even have to be on Windows to make a Windows application anymore, and thank god, Visual Studio is terrible IDE. The themes make me feel like I have to be gay to use it.

Win32 is an unmaintained and dead mess that has no place in the world any more, not even Windows. I say this as someone who has used the Win32 API for 10 years.

So what? Green arrow doesn't mean anything, it's just an icon. I wouldn't click on a button that says "exit" with a green button in order to run a program.

build is used to build the code but not to run it and compile it. In codeblocks, I often build the code without compiling it just to check if there are any errors so far in my code.

Green arrow means shit!!! You have to be retarded to think that green arrow means compile/build/run the code. A smart person would simply put his cursor at the green arrow and read what it says.
PS. VS doesn't say anything about "green arrow means compile/build/run" it says "local windows debugger"

Oh shit nigger, this is enough.

oh shit, yea, I fucked up, i meant build and not running it (and NOT build without compiling)