Always Sunny

Has always sunny gone full SJW since they hired "diversity writers" or is this video just bullshit?

youtube.com/watch?v=0AP8zf8H6nE

Watch last nights episode. It was preaching, Always sunny is preaching.

This season has been pretty shit so far, only the episode they install hidden camera on their mom's house had me laughing.

The only good part about Wednesday's episode was the very end. When the daughter found out what her dad does for a living, with her finger.

This show needs to be cancelled quickly if this is the new direction they are taking. They ruined Mac's character by making him gay. It was funnier when he was just really obsessive.

I had an issue with that scene. How did he know to go right to her? All the other whores and he chooses his own daughter, what is the odds? How could Dee have planned that part out? It was like with Mac just deciding to be queer for real after the bullshit two-parter of the last season. This season, I dunno, it's having some great episodes with some really stupid decisions that are botching everything. It's better than last season or two or three, so maybe the show is rebounding back into its better days.

So far, I think the first episode, the episode with Mac and Charlie's moms, and the one with Wolf Cola have been spot-on perfect. Everything else has those little moments that fuck it up.

The only decent episode this season, in my opinion, was the water park episode. Old lady house and Wolf Cola were based around them "explaining" how sitcoms or public relations work. It was boring. Last season was better than this season.

The water park episode is another one I think was ruined a bit by its ended. They tried to set it up for one of those manic moments with the song and everything, it only felt clunky to me. Then Mac goes to get his ass tickled and looks directly at the camera with that shit-eating grin. Yeah, thanks guys, haha, you're joke gets a pay-off, I get it, calm down.

Otherwise, I loved that episode. Everything else clicked. It was enjoyable to see Dennis play father only to end up scammed, though I think that could've used a little more of an ending. I felt like that sacrificed the few seconds it would've taken for Dennis to see the girl off proper so that Mac could break the 4th wall.

This latest season has been without a doubt the worst one yet. More and more episodes are just references to short lived pop culture rather than previous seasons references which were to global events like the gas crisis. This entire season is going to end up being incredibly dated and hard to understand just a year from now while the classic seasons are still very easy to grasp because of the references being things that actually left a mark on the world.

This season also started out with a pro BLM episode which features a white police officer gunning down a black innocent baboon holding a toy train. The camerawork on the episodes also feels off and the lighting is much too strong which makes the scenes in the bar and rundown areas of the city lose their grimy and dank atmosphere. The worst part however is the characters themselves. It used to be they were people with certain thought patterns and character traits, these traits and thoughts were then developed as the series went on in a natural direction and made each new season follow a character development path which felt natural and understandable. This all changed around the season Mac got fat.
Suddenly the combination of a certain situation with all of their collective character traits stopped being relevant for the jokes. While previous seasons built up the humor of the show as the result of their combined traits and the shitty situation, the new seasons treat the trait themselves as the joke.

What makes matters worse is that they've lost more and more traits as time has gone on and taken on one or two traits that have become more extreme. For example, Charlie is now ultra dumb or an ultra genius. Frank is violent and aggressive or disgusting. Dennis is a rapist psychopath. Other traits are rarely if ever shown anymore, why bother having traits and characteristics shown when you could simplify it down to a simple recurring joke or catchphrase? As a result of this all subtlety of the show has vanished. It is now the equivalent of The Big Bang Theory without the laughtrack. We are given nothing new and are expected to laugh at the same old exaggerated character trait that each character has been assigned.

This in turn has caused many long time fans to stop caring about the show, but it has also attracted a new audience who will continue to insist that it's the best show ever without really understanding what used to make it so good. All these people will care about is liking the show because you're supposed to because it had really good earlier seasons. This of course leads to the conclusion, because these people have no real interest in the show and will always defend it as the best because of its now lost past, the show will always have an audience that keeps watching it no matter what. This audience by now is likely outnumbering the original fanbase which enjoyed what the show once was and as a result the show can get POZ'd as much as it wants to because the new masses of fans will defend it no matter what.

So yes it did go full retard.

always SJWy was always sjw

I only watched the first episode: black guy is super skilled at his job and very charismatic unlike those 2 white losers and he's also gay.

What keeps me hooked are the glimmers of the old days that shine through every now and then. I keep having hope that the show will fix itself.

So which season should I start with?
If a show or comedy is good then it's good from the get-go.
I shouldn't sit through 8 seasons because the 9th one is not shit.

this show always been left stupid

Does it matter? Show stopped being funny when Mac got fat.

But they have still produced some gems like Charlie Work which was a season 10 episode.

left =/= sjw

There's always going to be the odd one episode that is above the standard trash they put out now, just like with The Simpsons and that one Christmas episode. But these are going to get increasingly rare and it won't be long until they go from being a once or twice a season occurrence to being a once every 4 years occurrence.
Just like The Simpsons.

they should've ended in season 10 honestly. These pass two seasons have been really hit and miss, but 10 was overall still fairly decent. Maybe they just can't write a finale and are scared shitless or something.

Comedy shows rarely are good before season 2.

Considering most of them dont go on for more than a maximum of 10 season (rare, usually many less) then that means 20% of a show is shit.
Why would I eat 3 plates of shit so I can get to a 4th plate of pancakes?

You sure like shit analogies.

the trashman is true communism

Curb your enthusiasm was always better. I remember binge watching that, but always sunny… dropped it after like 5 episodes. It's dudebro humor. Do you expect me to believe there are WACKY le funny girls like that, like Dee? She does not seem believable at all. Even Elaine from Seinfeld was more believable. Just an example really, the rest of the humor is lol so randumb.

New Curb when?

Never ;_;

Top fucking kek.
I really hope he comes back and writes some more.

Him and Seinfeld are pretty based, I wouldn't imagine the Always Sunny saying expressing something like that.

ASIP writers*

At one point they seemed funny, edgy, and self-aware enough to say stuff like that but now they just want shekels and shorter work days.

Seasons 6-11 wasn't very good. 12 is a relative improvement in quality.

All comedy is political now, Jews ruin everything.

Always Sunny was political before, in fact it was a bit of a staple of it, they've had episodes about the gas crisis and North Korea, abortion, Israeli walls and a whole ton of other things. The problem now is there's no real subtlety to it and they're seemingly afraid to go too far and are not really trying to make it fit in with the characters established personality and behavior leading to shitty references being thrown in to things that nobody is going to remember a year from now.

Used to be they'd have jokes that involved social services walking into what looked like a baby about to get cut up with a scimitar, but it wasn't because lmao Dennis is a psycho, it was a culmination of events leading up to that and the results of those events were dependent on their many traits and thought patterns. It was like watching several puzzle pieces come together into a finished jigsaw puzzle and it was both satisfying and funny. In later seasons this joke would just be about Dennis doing it on his own because he's a psycholmao if such a joke was even attempted in later seasons. The biggest issue here is that while in previous episodes there was one big payoff of a punchline at the end of the episode that was built up to using the characters many traits and previous experiences while in newer seasons not only are the traits boiled down to 1-3 exaggerated traits, but the traits themselves have become the setup AND punchline.

None of this really matters however because the new audience the show has is going to like it and defend it no matter what and call anybody with a different opinion an edgy contrarian and give no real justification as to why they feel the episodes are one after the other "the best one yet!"

In short they're too afraid to offend people and are now just joking about the exaggerated characteristic of the episode in between virtue signaling.

It seems like they think they're writing the characters correctly. Like all the history and experiences they've gone through lead up to these current Flanderized version of themselves. The thing is we already assumed they had all this history and these experiences. We assumed they went through weird creepy shit all the time. that's why they made sense. In a weird way the hyperbolic way they write the character traits waters them down.
Dennis' creepy shit was creepy because he wasn't a full blown psycho rapist. He was a realistic character who said realistic creepy things you could have heard from your fratbro friend. Now that he's a psycho it's less funny. It's like "oh, yeah. he's the rapist one."
Mac's overt homosexual tendencies were great because Mac didn't notice and the gang just raised an eyebrow. He wasn't gay, he just liked Carl Weathers' physique. Now that everyone including Mac thinks he's gay, it's just "oh he's gay that's why he likes dudes."
It's the classic "less is more" and "brevity is the soul of wit". Little subtle things that made them seem human are now neon signs that flash 'LAUGH NOW'.

Someone tell me how it was preaching.

I find that hard to believe. I think it's just old fans hanging on less and less.

But
I think the last three episodes have actually been very funny. I'm as apprehensive about Mac being out of the closet as everyone else, but they've handled it the best they could. They even showed him having those dreams about killing his dad, reminding us that he still has other things going on in his head.

It's so obvious the show is decline but seasons 10, 11, and 12 all have at least 4 good episodes. It will take more for me to finally quit.

Bottom 5: