Fuck, when will Servo be usable?

>Open servo.org/ to check if they have some info in there
Not exactly outrageous, unlike some versions of the Open Code of Conduct, other than its obsession with minorities and creating a safe space. The worst part is that if someone is offended by something, you are forced to drop the argument and apologize, no matter how stupid it is, which could be exploited with ease.
>venturebeat.com/2016/03/16/mozilla-will-release-the-first-tech-demo-of-servo-its-next-generation-browser-engine-in-june/ - archive.is/q84CB
And here is where I became physically disgusted.

Seems like the browser market is definitely doomed. What do?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/XUL
pastebin.com/raw/UWffBQbn:
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

You don't know how Firefox does all of its UI customization? Through XUL and CSS.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/XUL
The idea is to replace XUL with just HTML and CSS markup.
There's nothing particularly disgusting about that. HTML has evolved enough that people can rely on it for such things.

There's also not anything wrong with targetting well known website for a proof of concept.

Holy shit, that CoC is insane. Advocating for *ist or *phobic language/jokes is considered harassment. Simply saying "I think that master/slave is more appropriate terminology than leader/follower" could get you b& for harassment, according to their code of conduct.

These codes of conduct are a great way to make it impossible for open source projects to get anything done. I watched a talk about how the NSA attempts to destroy open source projects, I forgot who did a talk about it, but this seems like something the NSA would be encouraging so they could disrupt open source projects with ease. All you really need are infiltrators that stir up shit with prominent developers in the project. Anyone skilled in social engineering could get prominent developers kicked out of the project just by playing the victim. At the very least you could easily ruin morale, and productivity.

I give no fuck about webshit however I would like the idea of using a HTML+CSS renderer for desktop GUI.
Too bad all of this is tightly coupled to fucking Javascript, which makes it automatically belong in the trash.

Fucking same. I hate the idea of Javascript invading desktops (looking at node) but HTML and CSS are a great layout system.
I was excited about QtQuick until I found out it's all javascript.

The following is a random keyword the nsa monitors via pastebin.com/raw/UWffBQbn: munitions

Microsoft did this 18 years ago and YOU DID NOT FUCKING LEARN

It's not meant to be helpful to actual minorities, it's meant to make sheltered white Macbook hipsters feel good about themselves.

To be fair, anything done by Microsoft can be done better by virtually anyone else, given enough resources. It's just a bad idea by any standard.

To be honest, they'd have to work extremely hard to make it any worse than the feces curry that is Vivaldi's HTML/Angular/NodeJS UI

Some days ago it would have been unthinkable to see Holla Forums saying this.

Anyway, using HTML and CSS (and JS, because it had to happen) is a bad idea for several reasons. While HTML is not a bad language to define space divisions (there are better languages. Much better languages), CSS is the most ass backwards language to get any sort of complex layout done. The way it's structured makes no sense, and it only made sense when it was used as a way to define colors and font properties. Then HTML5 came, everyone rejoiced, and the new layout engine became CSS even though it makes no fucking sense from a logical perspective: how the fuck are you supposed to divide space in a language where you have no real trees?

Now, if this hasn't conviced you about why CSS a shit, let me tell you browser.html is not QML. Basically, you have a rendering engine, which loads a homepage by default, which is your UI. Said UI then loads an iframe inside it, which proceeds to load the websites you command it to. Your whole browser is a website, and that comes with all the quirks and sluggishness of websites.

kill yourself.

Qt5 done wrong

wew

???
This is an English-only forum.

into the gartbage

Except rendering is fast with servo.
Why don't you retards go back to /g/?

It's not supposed to be, dumbass.

It's not, not anymore.

Yeah, sure. Just wait until it's feature-complete and becomes as slow as Gecko.

Says the shitty hipster webdev who uses a thousand libraries and frameworks to fix it, right?

Fiber was promising. Probably vaporware.

The guy browses Holla Forums, don't try to summon him.

I googled it and found a plebbit post from June where he says he's started working on it again. Unfortunately, it seems he's basically starting over.

It doesn't provably exist at the moment, yes, but there's no particular reason to think the dev would just made it up for fun.
Ken found out about us because we sent a massive amount of clicks to his blog from one of the first threads about Fiber, and he came and chatted.
His plans sound absolutely amazing:

He's incredibly busy, though, working on other KDE stuff all the time check out DWD it's great and solves all the bitching about gnome's CSD. I hope he can work something out to set aside time for Fiber and get it to at least a code-releasable state.

>check out DWD it's great and solves all the bitching about gnome's CSD
People need to accept the truth that Compiz/Beryl's pluggable window decorators were the only thing that ever got it remotely right and base their shit off that model

nice meme son

Pajeets out

WHY is there so little opposition to those code of conducts? I don't get how that shit is spreading this fast. It's as if projects used to be a battleground of people insulting each other.

It's simple: people are afraid of being called racists/sexists/transphobics/*ists for opposing something that "technically" protects minorities. Can't blame them, because unless you are an edgy fuck from this place, I doubt you would like to do something to be able to hurt somebody. They don't seem to realize this isn't only being used to protect minorities, though, but to actively policy development with stupid decisions.

Some people around here have decided that the best way to fight back is by being an edgy fuck around their channels and triggering everybody around there, in hopes they get so triggered they an hero or something, but that's unlikely. This is not what you do to solve a situation, since you are just making them think those rules are necessary to protect them from the evil meanie hatechan trolls. Instead, you gotta win them at their own game.

Make a new GitHub account. Do nothing other than "being there", or in other words, make sure the community knows you exist, but actually do nothing of value. This can be achieved through commenting on pull requests or issues while avoiding submitting them yourself (yeah, not even pronoun changes. Those are considered useful by those fucks). Stay around, talk to people, and make sure they understand how oppressed your transexual ass (easiest one to pull, but you can also try to say you are an actual woman, or a Jew, or whatever) is, but otherwise don't be conflictive. Once they have started to recognized you, start fucking shit up: "your use of the word 'users' is offensive to me because it invisibilizes the transexual struggle, so change it for 'users of all genders', and no, don't even try to argue because you don't know how being transexual feels", "I feel we should change the name of the project to something else, since the word 'rusty' is being started to use by some alt-right collectives to talk about us transexuals, and it hurts my feelings", "I am offended by the use of 'his' in reference to Plato in this example of the documentation; we don't know if he really self-identified as a man", reacting negatively to any challenge other members may impose as if it was a personal attack, etc. If they try arguing, shut them down and force them to apologize (the CoC actually defines this as the correct procedure to follow), and repeat until they either listen to you or start ignoring you. If you ever get ignored, it would be a good idea to write a lengthy rant on how they are transphobic and how Rust is doomed to fail with such a shitty CoC that's so unwelcoming to extremely valuable members of the community such as yourself. Drop that identity, rinse and repeat.

The only way to make people realize something is shit is by poking at its holes until people get mad enough to actually change it. You don't get that by reinforcing the idea that such a thing is necessary, but actually the opposite.

tl;dr be a shit cunt, bring up the CoC whenever they argue against you and watch shit burn. The only way to mindbreak SJW is to remember them to check their privilege and how, according to someone much more oppressed than them, are doing social justice wrong.

If you want to watch a shit project crash and burn in no time, do this on Terasology, a Java Minecraft clone. Their CoC is so Orwellian you can call them "stupid cis-sexual crackas" without a reason and they should shut up and agree with it

The KDE community has been around since 1996 and made the layout engine that was forked into Webkit and Blink. Which Google and Apple are using giving KDE claim to more than half the marketshare of web browsers today. It's not some worthless tech startup like Brave or a vanity project ran by Mozilla that focuses solely on getting media attention.

When their developers say something they mean it. They have no use for vaporware by virtue of being a FLOSS non profit devoted to freedom.

I'm guessing it's something similar to the fictional 'NSA operation ORCHESTRA' done by tech companies or intelligence agencies to destroy/compromise FLOSS from within. You'll only see the worst type of sycophants promoting it.

This sounds like a much better plan. Poison the project from the inside on its own terms and soon enough the entire language will just go away.

That plan sounds like a winner.

But it takes a patient and devious person to do it. A little joking and playing along for laughs is no problem, I can do that. A long term investment like that however, acting like the kind of person I despise all that time? It would drain me. The second time someone would actually apologize I would probably blow my cover because of how wrong it would feel.

Still, it's definitely a whole lot more effective than turning the edge up to max. That only gives these people more munition. I wish the edge kids would learn to use a bit more subtlety, although I understand their frustration.