MEDABOTS

MEDABOTS

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.co.jp/s/ref=a9_sc_1?rh=i:aps,k:メダロット フィギュア&keywords=メダロット フィギュア&ie=UTF8&qid=1470282959
8ch.net/v/res/10237327.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I wanna fuck the girl robots

I used to dig this show when I was a kid. I don't get why robots never really took off in the west like they did in Japan.

Wasn't Medabots an anime? Or was it one of those anime lookalikes ala Avatar TLA?

I want to rewatch this, mainly because the Gameboy Advance RPG is still a classic game. Also, I want to get the newest game. Too bad I haven't learned nip.

I disagree. It was garbage. Very little control over your bot, and fights that took forever.

I beat it as a stupid kid with no strategy, but I got bored to tears as a strategizing adult.

I fucking loved this show
LOVED IT
But that third season sucked

This game, right? I always thought this game was hard as balls. How was it easy for you? I remember being barely able to beat the ghost Medabot when I got lucky, and I always stopped when I got to the amusement park because the fights became ridiculous.

I didn't care for it because of the stupid walking back and forth gameplay.

Forgot pic

Was that the one where they changed the VA for Ikki and had Metabee turn into a car?

Exactly this game. Kids have allot more patience with games then adults.

I just did it over and over and over and over again until probability just HAD to relent.

Didn't help that you can't fine tune the parts.

Then again, if just guns can freak people out…how would people react to kids using robots that has machineguns and missiles.

But the game does bring me back. To the days when 40$ was massive, massive, money, and getting a game was something that would last you a month.

Walkthroughs where just getting started and I didn't understand a quarter of most subsystems of a game. My weak English reading didn't help either.

That's the one..the one season where the Ancient Doom Powers…lost to a newer model just because they are new models.

I imagine people did in-universe, which is why they appointed some kind of teleporting demigod to serve as referee in every single medabot match.

Anyone ever find out who this guy is?

Nah..Mr. Referee only operates in Japan. Each country has their own Mr. Referee if I recall.

Why aren't you learning NIpponese?

The shopkeeper…I forgot his name. Also, the protagonist of the past game.

You mean Henry?

Yeah..that's the one.

That doesn't seem likely

Is this series popular with the nips? I notice that it has a bit of a cult following in the US, with a lot of overlap with the people that like Digimon Tamers.

Also, who was your favorite Medabot, Holla Forums? For some reason I always liked blackram and bezelga.

You win today, user.

I liked the sniper dog that one of the rival mooks had.

I might if the game is actually fun to play and is carried by more than waifus.

I always thought Cyandog had the coolest design, its a shame him and his operator were basically comic relief.

Tons of Games in Japan.

You can use parts from that, even the whole unit, in the GBA game- the 1st ones, Gold or Silver.

I gave up at the first sign of that shit. That was too shitty.

I was initially cautious when i heard Ikki's new voice.

As soon as metabee turned into a car I dropped the season and never looked back.

I want to fuck a girl robot

It's very obvious in the first episode. Watch how he reacts when he hears about the medal being found in the river.

I've just recently re-watched this entire thing.

GET OUT OF MY HEAD OP.

Hey kid, wanna /ss/?

Well I'll be a son of a…..

PINGAS

I'm not keen on buying another 3DS just to play Nippon games.

I kinda prefer Rokusho..especially with the cape. Too bad there's no Brawler Medabots.

Belzelga should count as one.

Because it is almost a rule that robots will ether kill people or take their jobs in western media.
And yes it is anime

Medabots isn't really Holla Forums related, but I don't think anyone here cares about that, it being Fox Kids sorts of counts, and I fucking love it anyway.

Sort of. It died after a game came out with an extremely polarizing art style that drove people off, and it arguably never really recovered. Took YEARS for games to come out regularly again, and even despite the 3DS games looking pretty good, I believe they sold pretty badly, boasting in some of the worst sales numbers of the series, with the developer for the games even closing.

Step it up nigger1

So my brother got this game called LBX that was everything that Medabots was meant to be. Think of it as Medabots, Gotcha Force, and maybe C21.

It basically gave me the Medabots fix I was longing for but
Sigh.

[FUCK!]

Why aren't there action figures of this that i can buy online?

[/FUCK!]

Yeah..but LBX is tiny.

Plenty if you order from Nippon
amazon.co.jp/s/ref=a9_sc_1?rh=i:aps,k:メダロット フィギュア&keywords=メダロット フィギュア&ie=UTF8&qid=1470282959

Amazon JP ships toys internationally last I checked. Warning: Did 0 price comparison, so their prices could very well be terrible.

Why aren't you learning Nipponese so you can play the rest of the series?

what are some good resources?

What did he mean by this?

Why did the villains dress in gimp suits? Why was one of them a baby?

It was a mystery user. I don't think we were ever supposed to know…

You what?

This thread inspired me to rewatch the series and its even better than I remembered.
That's probably because I'm watching the sub instead of the dub.

8ch.net/v/res/10237327.html

mecha as a popular genre in Japan holds its origins in pic related, an independently made propaganda piece showing a giant robot smashing new york.
I don't know the full story but this inspired Mitsuteru Yokoyama to make Tetsujin 28-go (Gigantor) and Giant Robo, and the giant robot genre was born

meanwhile, in western media we have stories such as Metropolis wherein a robot is used to evil ends. We might also consider Frankenstein's monster as a robot, albeit out of control

So while japanese media tends to view robots as champions of justice, western media views them as tools of horror

I'm watching the dub, and it's a nostalgia trip.

This show was so fucking great.

Is there any swearing in the dub? Occasionally in the dub they'll say shit and fuck just like real 5th graders

That's pretty damn interesting, thanks user.

None that I've seen so far. If anyone will, I'm expecting it from Metabee.

There's no other choice, also Ikki becomes the new shopkeeper in one of the newer games