Who was best Robin?

Who was best Robin?

Who was best Batgirl?

as much as i like Dick Grayson I'd say Tim Drake is a better Robin. Not sure about the Batgirls though I've only ever read Barbara Gordon as Batgirl and I've been meaning to get around to the other ones.

Tim Drake
Barbara Gordon

Dick and Tim are both great.
Cass

I think the consensus is that Tim is the best, but Damian was done well initially considering Batman & Robin was being written by Grant Morrison. That's why people like him, probably.

There's a neat little parallel with Dick and Babs where they both became much more interesting when they took on the Nightwing and Oracle identities, respectively.

I know a lot of people like Cass, but I'm a Steph man myself. You should pick up the run where she was Batgirl (v4 I think but I'm not sure) and was working with Oracle as a bit of a parallel to Dick and Damian.

If you go with the Batman Beyond future, I think Tim definitely got the shaft.

Stephanie was a shit Batgirl and Batman knew that (well, Dick Grayson did).

As for Robin, I'd probably say Dick was. He was the only man that Bruce trusted with more than just his life, he trusted Dick with his legacy.

Only because Tim was too young.

Tim was the only Robin who was as clever, if not cleverer, than Batman himself

…I have to say Dick as best Robin..hell, if there's a situation where Bruce, Clark and Diana went missing and they needed a leader..Dick would've been on top of the list. Yes, above the King of Atlantis, the Martian and the other rich vigilante.

But he didn't have the propensity to instill fear like Batman did. Tim is by far the smartest, but he relies far too much on his technology, something that Dick and Batman do not do.

He ain't called the prodigal son for nothing.

Your webm is fucked up bro. Just like Stephanie was a shit Batgirl.

Because he's a child. Nightwing didn't have the propensity to instil fear either. Not until he dressed up like Batman anyway

Adult Tim in the bad future was genuinely horrifying.

He didn't really trust dick with it per say, considering he was "dead" at the time.

But there was the vastly superior Prodigal arc.

Although, Bruce's trust in Dick is somewhat undermined by the fact that he let Jean Paul Valley take his place before Dick. Jean Paul Valley, who the Bat family had known for a couple of months and who was unstable due to cult indoctrination and genetic engineering, stuff that Bruce kind of knew about.

I'd argue that it ultimately came down to a test by Bruce. A test to see if Dick or any of the others would have the nuts to take the cowl and do what was necessary to try and save Gotham.

I don't think red robin is the right role for Tim, he should have had a different name and a costume like Robin's minus the cape, plus a domino mask.

Then he could have showcased his detective skills and technological expertise rather than flying around like some kind of "Not-Robin"/Secret Agent.

If they're rewriting canon, Knightfall should have taken place between Dick and Bruce's falling-out. Hell, it may have but I'm not sure. They could have also had Jean-Paul shut Dick out of the cave like he did with Tim as well.

I think the only real successor to Batman should be Terry. The rest of them work better as their own thing.

And even Terry didn't really succeed Bruce, he just used the name.

They were on uneasy terms. I think Knightfall was also around the time of Dick's attempted wedding to Starfire.

Well, shit, you got me in agreement there.

I like Nightwing, and while Bruce pretty much raised him to eventually replace him, I think we all know that Bruce feels that none of them are capable of being Batman.
Nightwing is far too fun, as a personality
Red Robin is far too absorbed in his tech
And Red Hood isn't afraid to kill, which isn't something Batman does.

Terry on the other hand is far enough away from the legacy that he was capable of being trained and indoctrinated without knowing it.

Why?

Not for strategic reasons considering they have Mr. Terrific.

Not for leadership reasons because Dick isn't really even a 'leader', at least not compared to a number of other characters. Aquaman would definitely beat him here.

And certainly not for powerlevel reasons since he has no powers and isn't as skilled as Bruce.

Except Terry was never really Batman, if you know what I mean. He just kind of used the identity.

fuck, this was also meant for

So long as Bruce is alive and kicking, no one is Batman

Even after he's dead, there won't be. They'll just have '"inherited the mantle"

Bruce is The Batman. It's like Clark. Do you think anyone could REALLY replace Superman?

Well, the way DC has Clark going, the dude's immortal. That said, Superman isn't quite so attached to his title. He gladly gives it up whenever he can.

Bruce doesn't think that way. He KNOWS that without him, the worlds fucked. Dude will keep doing everything he can to keep Batman alive. Whether that's finding a way to cheat death, or training a new Batman.

Yeah, but there really isn't a "new batman" in his mind. Bruce is obsessed and trusts no one else to get things done. Terry was just an extension of Bruce himself in the end, like every Robin and Batgirl.

All I can confirm is that Damien Wayne is a shit robin.

Does Carry Kelly count for Robins? I know DKR wasn't canon but still she's pretty memorable.

Tim Drake.
Carrie Kelly.

Why? Dude's charismatic…obscenely charismatic. I mean, villains would join him if he asked nicely for god's sake. Can't say much to the King of the Sea. And there's also the fact that he's the nicest guy this side of the universe..so nice that if anyone dared to even hurt him, you'd have the entire superhero community knocking on your door.

He led the Titans for a number years. He is a leader. He may not be as tough or as formidable as Batman but he makes up for that in likeability and experience

Tim Drake. Maybe Damien's grown into his own since Morrison introduced him, but conceptually he just undermines everybody else in the Bat-Family simply by being directly related to Batman and raised by Talia and the League of Assassins. At least, Tim was a few degrees apart from Bruce's life before his time as Robin, even if his intro seems equally ridiculous in retrospect.

Probably Cass Cain. It's hard to top a dyslexic martial arts prodigy raised by her assassin father. Barbara didn't come into her own until she was benched by a bullet and Steph has the baggage of originally being killed as a Robin during an event and brought back in response to fan outrage.

Carrie doesn't have much to her aside from putting on tights and being in the right place to save Old Bruce.

pic related

Well of course Bruce would think himself batman. His title is like a dad, you just don't stop thinking you're no longer a dad. Dad title is a lifetime thing.
As for Terry. I do see him as a better batman than the others. Though Terry is young he takes the Batman mantle very seriously. You can see the difference when Terry is out of costume. He jokes and takes things in stride. When Terry wears the costume he takes on a far more serious attitude/persona. Makes rookie mistakes but rarely makes light of the situation he puts himself in. Even when this dual persona from Bruce and Terry takes place and both have the light hearted and serious roles, the two have seperate views on their alter egos. They are polar opposites.

I disagree that it was ridiculous. It was a nice inversion. Batman let Dick and Jason be Robin because they needed support and Tim chose to become Robin because Batman needed support.

Aquaman is a king. Of course he is more of a leader than really any given other DCU character.

Yeah, a king of fish.
How hard is it to order a bunch of fish around? C'mon.

That's funny. You're a funny guy. Do you want a job writing for Family Guy?

He did lead the Titans, but he really can't compare to other characters when it comes to leadership, Aquaman especially.

I want this concept to fucking die, it makes no sense other than to give fanboys a peking order for their heroes.

And there isn't even any sense as to why they are the leaders in-universe. Superman tends to work alone and can manage himself 9/10.

Wonder Woman is just the most well known female hero so she's allowed that status, also add in there's no reason for her to be a trinity with the other two since she doesn't add anything to the duality that already exists between Supes and Batsy.

And Batman? He has no powers, his tech isn't as advanced as some other members, especially those of extraterrestial origin, and he's not the smartest member either. The most on his resume he has for leadership is training younger heroes, which the Justice League wasn't made for in the first place.

It's already been said but Aquaman is the only one with actual leadership experience, but even so I don't really think the Justice League should be anything other than a network for Super Heroes to enlist and pull their resources together and maybe having the A-listers be at the top making sure things run smoothly.

Now Nightwing leading the Titans or Young Justice makes significantly more sense as in those cases he's the more experienced hero showing some less experienced heroes who are close in age how to make something of themselves.

This has always been a terrible concept, I hate having superheroes basically be secret agents.

They have to be user.
The bad guys will get them otherwise.

Tim
Cass

That's not what I meant. I want the JLA to be. superhero networking where they are able to help each other should the need arise for them to team up kind of like how it was originally used during the golden age.

I think that kind of is how it goes when the JLA appears in other books. They only seem to hang out together in JLA comics because they need to tell monthly issues about the whole team.

Hey, I liked autistic ninja gimp girl Batgirl.

I love all of them, seriously I do. However I have to put Tim Drake name in. Not because he would be the one I grew up on but because the sheer depth put in the kid.

When Tim was introduce he was nothing but respectful. Hell, the only reason he gotten involve because Bruce was loosing it; Getting into fights, getting injured. After his introduction arc you could literally see him being trained by Both Dick and Bruce in their respective titles. The famous "Dick is good" panel was from the New Titans comic where Dick was teaching Tim the importance of details.
That and he was eased into the role with the audience with three Miniseries; That's a hell of lot more than what Dick or Jason was given.

The thing I liked about Tim was the difficulty he had with the job; He always say that he only wanted to do it for a few years and leave. He had a social life, had a still living family. Oh sure he lost his mom and Dad ended up a cripple. No I take it further, he had a fucking cast.

Largely the same reason as Tim; She had depth and unlike Tim Drake, she wants to be Batman. But honesty I like her cause she's pretty cute.

Good taste, user.