Brexit - Best Arguments in Favour Of

Guys, I live in Melbourne and most of the people on my Facebook are pissed off about the referendum results.

What would be the best, simplest argument that I could throw forward in favour of Brexit? It's probably best I steer clear of immigration because of "muh racism and xenophobia".

Things that paints it as devaluing democracy would be great. So far, the following is the best that I can find in this regard, but I'm unsure how true it actually is:

"Britain sends just one appointed representative out of 28 to the almighty European Commission which already decides about half of our laws and will soon decide on most of the rest. Voting for the sham ‘European Parliament’ has no effect whatsoever, as it has no actual power.

So a vote to remain means permanently devaluing all our votes to just one twenty-eighth of their current value."

Other urls found in this thread:

bbc.com/news/world-europe-36202490
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

What the fuck? Why are they so upset we left? They're not even from here. Assuming they're also from Melbourne.

Leaving the EU means you are coming to terms with your racists self and will be accepted like gays.

Whoops, something is wrong in this picture.
Here, lemme help…

The only argument you need is THIRD WORLDERS ARE SAVAGES

Why don't you go link them to the Australian Muslims riots after the Innocence of Muslims movie

After stuff like this, but better:

"Bremain: Because my tourist visa matters more than your democracy."

"Bremain: Because the EU should decide your laws, not your people."

I can't do this. "Muh racism/xenophobia".

If you can't do this then you're just bad at arguing or a coward

You have to use basic logic like you would with a toddler, for example:

We expect Americans to act American when they migrate, but why can't Muslims act Muslim when they migrate, in Saudi Arabia homosexuality is punishable by death!

You also need to refer to actual facts on Islamic violence, sexism, homophobia and other human rights issues.

Ask them what the problem is with Britain ruling its own goddamn self and remind them the EU needs Britain, not the other way around.

Why would you waste your energy convincing people to support something they have no say in and that already happened?

This argument is worthless because it doesn't address why collectivism is bad in the first place. You also need to remember that the UK is in every sense of the word, a nanny state, so the aspiration of freedom means little to a remain voter.

Do you not realise how much you isolate and invalidate the rest of your arguments after saying things like this?

These are trigger terms… immediately they paint you as racist and xenophobic and get the emotional system pumping in whoever you're arguing with. With the emotional system pumping, they become far far less rational.

It's about dampening propaganda.

Make them think about what stupid shitty opinion their actually parroting and why they're parroting it.

How about you stop being a pussy.

You're never going to convince those kind of people anyway.

"Shut the fuck up, they don't need your permission to vote how they want."

Yes I do realize, that's why I have an arsenal of leftist bubble popping facts and logical arguments.

This isn't that hard, especially since you can actually side with leftists, for example, you can simply ask them how would they solve the extreme homophobia in Islamic communities.

If you can't argue against niggers and mudshits then learn how to

Reality.

would you give up your right to elect your leaders and have a say in how you were governed so that some corporations could get richer?

If you can present a good argument relating to immigration that doesn't trigger them, I might use it.

I actually used this one last night which worked well:
bbc.com/news/world-europe-36202490
(250,000 fine PER REFUGEE refused)

This is good, and pretty much exactly the kind of thing I'm after.

Who told people outside of Britian this was their decision to make? Damned uppity colonists.

Literally all you need to do is address the key issues from Islamic culture and their countries which are:

Sexism - Poor female rights
Homophobia - Intense, death penalty
Human rights - Whipping, torture
Child marriage - Children are raped
Incest - Inbreeding depression
Xenophobia - Massive intolerance of Christians and Western culture

When they simply say they will integrate all you need to do is pull out statistics which disprove that, such as rates of homophobia and radical Islamic schools.

You could also watch Stefan Molyneux on Youtube for some great content

Britain, one of the oldest and greatest law making countries will have most influence in the country, as apposed to the ECJ. EU benefited big buisnesses, red tape regulation lead small to medium sized buisnesses difficultly to export efficiently, harsh EU policy (fishing quotas) detriment working classes of England. England appealed 72 times EU commision about EU legislation being ineffective/inefficient in Britain, rejected each. EU calling for an army. With Brexit, this shall start dominoe effect of other countries leaving a tyrannical, overpowering EU state.

For more, see Brexit the movie, talks from the like of Jacob Rees Mogg, Peter Hitchens, Farage etc. I would never help people with facebook posts, but the misinformed brain libtards are on full throttle atm.

Half the muslims I know voted out. Even they complained about immigration.

"If you're anti-Brexit then you're also anti-democracy. Because the people of a nation shouldn't have the right to govern themselves."
^ Does that work? Any rebuttals?

These are good. The sexism one has usually been my go to.

For arguments on immigration, point out how now control within the EU, note how strained the NHS, housing prices rising at record rates, how migrants depresses the minimum wage. Basic demand/supply economics. Note how being in the EU, as uncontrolled migration many people from common wealth with greater skillsets are excluded - Now that we have left, the Brittish people can elect parties based upon stances upon immigration or elect a Australian style points system. Democracy.

Probably the most crucial thing about this is that Islamic countries have their law and politics based on Islam itself, meaning that the people who migrate to Europe will only wish to install non-secular, big governments. The west has it's politics based on freedom, the middle east has theirs based on Islamic law

Lie to them, lad.

Tell them you voted so the UK dosent hold back further integration which will ultimately lead to a stronger Europe.

If you want to avoid talking about immigration then talk about economics and business.

Belonging to the EU costs Britain billions of pounds each year, money that could far better be spent on reducing taxation, or spending more on our public services. There is no point at all going on spending all this money to pay for unnecessary bureaucrats in Brussels, or to pay the salaries and expenses of MEPs.

Freed from EU rules and bureaucracy, the UK will be free to negotiate deals that are in Britain's best interest, and this will be far more beneficial to British business than being obliged to set up international deals in the framework of the European Union, as happens now.
Since Europe exports more to Britain than Britain exports to Europe, European countries are going to do whatever we ask them to do, to make sure that their firms can still compete in the UK market. They are not going to erect trade barriers.

I don't think I could convey this quickly and most of these people would just scan over it.

Currently thinking I'll go with:
"Bremain: Because a nation should not have the right to govern themselves and should have a super-state do it for them."

Ask them how they would feel if NATO, or the UN declared, wrote and passed laws on how us American citizens should live, without consent of our voters OR politicians.

Who would also dictate how and what we spend our money on.

Who would force ethnic migrants en masse on us, without warning or hearing our opinions.

Who could sanction us without warning, limiting goods or products we might want and need.

Who would demand our government to adhere to their plans on how to run our country, along with the others apart of the uber bureaucracy. Who frankly don't have any legitimate claim to.

Nothing is stopping UK from being as inclusive and friendly with these other Euro countries as they were before. Nothing is stopping them from continue in trade with these nations or offer any other support. The only difference is they aren't forced to by some bureaucracy in Brussels.

Just ask them what makes them so afraid of a country being given the choice in their own decisions and affairs.

Yeah the argument that the EU threatens British sovereignty always works.
But economic arguments are always nice. To shorten it you could say that the UK could keep the money it currently sends to the EU.

You guys should want to be more like Switzerland. Great economy, barely any gun control (unlike you cucked Aussies), not part of the EU. The EU itself is basically an incarnation of the same old liberal idea of funneling taxpayer's money "for the greater good." The Brexit signals that UK's citizens finally waking up and realizing they must take care of themselves first and foremost and stop lining the pockets of people that don't even live in-country.

No need for valid arguments anymore mate, just troll cunts.

Why can't they use this money for financing the NHS?

the crazy thing is what happens now could go anywhere, nobody really knows what policies the government will pursue, what trade deals and immigration policies for example. it's becoming obvious boris johnson wanted a remain vote, then could use the high leave vote as a mandate to get concessions from brussels, but ultimately stay in the eu. now that he is faced with actually leaving they don't know what to do.

a lot of talk about johnson and gove planning EEA membership where the uk would pay into the eu budget and accept freedom of movement but with less red tape for businesses. if that's the case then ukip aren't going anywhere, nobody wants to remain in the free movement of labour zone.

it's also possible the whole thing could be ignored and we stay in too, the government hasn't activated the article 50 divorce clause yet which is apparently surprising to people high up in the eu, that there's been a vote out and nothing is being done to start the leaving process..

we could still be shekeled yet lads. we aren't properly out until negotiations even start and then are finished. ukip are here to stay, at least for now

The EU is already collapsing within, if the UK had stayed, it would have had its entirely economy sucked dry to prop it up longer (with no real control of your nation to stop it).

Ex-Ausfag here living in Britain
Had this exact converstaion with my sister

say this:

>2: This won't stop immigration, but will make it farer - the current immigraiton system is de facto racist because it massively privileges Europeans over Africans and Asians.

tbh, I'm shocked how so many effete city-dwellers are so happy to let poor people get fucked over.
'Remain' are literally espousing free-market neoliberal policies that benefit corporations not workers.

There, easy. You didn't even have to lie.

It was strange atmosphere sitting on the train this morning in London during rush hour. It was eerily quiet. The whole of London practically voting to remain, there was definitely an air of defeat, and severe disappointment. I saw a woman crying on the bus. This truly is evil triumphing over good. And there is definetely a very obvious divide in the country, with the voting ratio almost 50:50. I expect a lot of tension in the next coming years.
Pride in London is tomorrow, so a bit of positivity in such a shocking time. Though, as a volunteer, I am slightly afraid of tensions. But we will stand in solidarity, we will not go down without a fight

You're in the wrong place, Muzzie-Lover. Get out.

Maybe you should see if Pride In London is going to pass through Tower Hamlets, Preston and the rest of the Sharia zones. Find out just how loving, tolerant and pluralistic London's upcoming majority really is.

burger here, fixed it for you

No. Fuck off with this shit. Stop reinforcing their "muh privilege" "muh diversity" bullshit. We don't want niggers, arabs, chinks, or other non-whites in any white nations. Stop trying to present Brexit as good for minorities or more "fair". We want to begin awakening racial identity in people, not spitting in its face.

Hey I get it. He wants to keep his high pension and travel to eastern europe where he gets to buy goods at eastern european prices. He wants to travel a lot back and forth too.
But he sees dropping out of the EU as economical suicide and potential for war.
I just can't reason with him properly on this, especially due to the age gap some of my arguments are just seen as youthful spur of the moment talks.

I hope britain steps back on it's feet really fast. So we can have normal conversations again.

its* feet

There's plenty of Jewing that's going to happen still, as we saw earlier with Soros buying up gold and preparing to short the Pound and sending "warnings" (threats) about UK leaving.

If more countries step up soon to leave, that actually might help alleviate the problems, as there is a common interest between them and it will divide up Jew attention.

But who would be next ? Finland ?
I am pretty sure that most are waiting to see how things will go with Britain.

It hasn't fallen down in the first place. Nothing has even happened mechanically; the people merely voted. The only reason markets are down is because investors spook like wild horses at any apparent change to the status quo.

Copypasta, retards.

Here's a fun fact

The UK sends roughly $500 Million PER WEEK to Brussels for the express purpose of having its wealth redistributed to the poorest member nations

So, no fuss when Britain leaves then?

It's a bit libertarian-leaning, but you might be interested in watching this.

No one gives a fuck about what you think, Obama.

Point out that the EU is not about peace, but siphoning off Germany's economic success to keep Nations afloat that can no longer compete in the Global Economy.

Point out that this leads forcibly to Germany having the biggest say in the EU, even if the Germans don't want it or care about that.

Then point out that the Germans are not in control of their own Country and pressure them to answer the question, if they would like being ruled by the current German Democracy. Because that is the way the EU is heading.

If they say they have no problem with Germany ruling the EU(and thus by proxy Britain had it stayed) and the way German Democracy operates, ask them what then the point was of Britain resisting Germany during WW2.

At that point they have either lost and look like Nazi sympathizers to their Leftist friends or you can start redpilling them on Nazi Germany.