Linux video editor?

Which one is the best video editor for linux? I'm talking about professional ones.

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/MrKepzie/Natron
blender.org/manual/
burp.renderfarming.net/
natron.fr/
lwks.com/
wiki.blender.org/index.php/Dev:Doc/Building_Blender/Linux/Ubuntu/CMake
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Last time I tried a linux video editor it was full of crashes. It had many features, but it crashed out of nowhere.

Nuke Studio.
github.com/MrKepzie/Natron looks good too.

Blender.

I'm an adobe premiere user and that interface looks really hard to deal with. Is it easy,though?

it has pretty steep learning curve, but once you get to know where all the features and buttons are, it's quite powerful.

just like gimp. people complain because they can't do something fancy in five minutes.

I'm a beginner. Just going to that link and clicking on download is enough to run the video editor, or do I have to do something complex?

good luck OP. last time I used linux software it had horrible GUI, random buttons didn't work, random bugs and crashes too

Am I supposed to believe that all these years in which we owned pcs it was all for nothing? That the only option out there is Linux or Mac Os X?

etc...
Software aren't 100% clones m8 it is always sure that you will have to learn how things work in it.

Just like when you learned for the first time to use adobe premiere.

Otherwise yes blender is powerful but you will have some long hours of training.

here's the manual:
blender.org/manual/

Also it's gnu/linux not just linux (linux is the kernel)

If you want to help people rendering their projects you can participate at the BURP project
burp.renderfarming.net/

taking the bait
Ok OP you see this
or it's just someone that is completely retarded because he can't learn anything or it's just a troll.
Is comment does not make any sense so you can just discard it and just test it by yourself.

I didn't really learn how to use adobe premiere. It was so easy to come from sony vegas and to it that I could create a movie fast in 5 minutes.

Was it Kdenlive by any chance?

I was reffering to adobe premiere, not kdenlive.

Blender is fucking shit. Linux is not a viable platform for video editing in both hobbyist and professional context. Nothing can even come close to a ten year old version of Sony Vegas.

My bad, I think I tried kdenlive too and it was with many crashes.

Has anyone here tried natron?

You have to compile it, though it's nothing special.
Extract the zip you downloaded from Github, and navigate to the folder you extracted it to. You should see some files. Open a terminal there (usually right click > Open Terminal Here on file managers) and type these commands.
./configuremakesudo make install
And now it's installed.

Thank you. This was really kind from you.

Final Cut Pro X.xxx
Problem solved.

fanboi pls go

Just use premiere in wine

As expected of a tripfag.

I got it to work but I had no idea how to use video composting software and used Kdenlive instead. Everything is in there for video effects and editing, good intuitive GUI.

For basic video editing I just use FFMPEG.

natron.fr/
>Free and open-source compositing software, available for MacOS X, Windows and GNU/Linux.

blender is pretty powerful as well

FFmpeg

Openshot works just fine for my shitty meme webms.
Oh, never mind. Consider Wine.

Oy, windrone, can you compress and make webums without even having to touch your mouse.
Didn't think so, faggot.

blender

It was great untill the latest version segfaults when you go to the systems tab.
Also when I compiled it from git it was missing cuda support making it useless for 4k editing.
But other than that, yest its the best option for linux. sigh.

I like you user, but i have to kill you.

Then you probably haven't configured it properly. I don't see any other reason why it wouldn't work.

have you considered;
It's garbage and so are you.

This is what someone who takes the time to learn something unintuitive says to convince themselves it was worth the effort.
A program can be "powerful" without being a bitch to understand. It's a valid complaint

lwks.com/
Edited quite a few Hollywood movies, free version kinda crippled to 720p though

There are people who made their own plugins to make Blender looking like Adobe Premier. Try finding one that suits you. But Blender is the most stable from my experience.

Blender does everything one could imagine, only the learning curve is quite harsh.

If you insist on building instead of just using the canned binary either from blender.org or you are distro's software repo, then just follow the instructions at:
wiki.blender.org/index.php/Dev:Doc/Building_Blender/Linux/Ubuntu/CMake
pick you are flavor, mine's Linux Mint (ie Ubuntu)

Then just
cd ~/blender-git/blendermake updatemake full~/blender-git/build_linux_full/bin/blender

Keeping Blender up to date with the latest minute's patches is a breeze tbh.

Looks cool, user. Will check it out.

lightworks
only GOOD one, has industry support, is stable, fairly easy to use
/thread

I am always using kdenlive, besides the bad performance, crashes and the really really shitty mlt rendering its okay.

But I should finally start using blender.

Macbook Pro w/ discrete GPU and Final Cut Pro X.

the only problem i'm having with blender is completely fucking ass framerates that drop to sub 10 in the video sequencer even when i change the proxy render to 25%

absolute trash, try any custom desktop with fedora/centos/ubantoo/lightworks

Ok, I just did that. What amateur video editing program should I use?

lightworks :^)

It only looks hard because the thread asked for professional video editors, and you've never used one.

You try unchecking anti-aliasing? That usually doubles my frames.

Blender is fine once you take the time to learn how to use it. Plus, there is no garantee Lightworks will continue to be supported on Linux long-term.

Yes