SD General

Why is this show so well liked here?
I don't get it. This was the first SD incarnation I really couldn't get into.

Yes, they tried to give it more dept, and that's great, but its a double edge sword so-to-speak because the writing was just fucking horrible

I think what made Scooby Doo so fucking good and long lasting is that the characters were simple and the show ran on a familiar formula that worked

Mystery Inc. tried deviating from said formula, and kudos to them for trying, but they failed miserably in my opinion

But I actually liked A Pup Named Scooby Doo so who the fuck am I to complain?

Scooby General

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#F!nZ1ElJ7Z!r92VHAGHGcL3yjvIjVpKIQ
mega.nz/#F!RcJTkZBY!lAwejAK9oqRH4yDGAAildg
stallman.org/netflix.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>>>/a/
>>>/jojo/
>>>Holla Forums
>>>/freech/

If I was freech I'd be flooding the board with shitty MSPaint memes, that's all those Goons are good for

I thought the writing was decent outside of the Shaggy/Velma shit in the first season.

Freds obsession with traps came off as really awkward writing, you weren't sure if you were supposed to take it seriously, laugh, or take it as an innuendo

I enjoyed it, but i think the final stretch of Season 2 and the finale was kinda meh.

And at least it did get an ending unlike 13 Ghosts.

Then again, i didn't hate "Shaggy and Scooby Doo Get a Clue" entirely either, as it had some fun retarded shit like muscle Scooby that i swear to god was pandering to lolcows.

Damn, I was so butthurt about Velma ruining her relationship with Shaggy. "BOO HOO HOW DARE HE TO SPEND TIME WITH HIS BEST FRIEND HE SHOULD ONLY CARE ABOUT ME ME ME". And it's treated like she is right. Fuck.

Shaggy x Scooby Doo OTP

Scooby Doo is a disease…….

What does that make Skooks then?

There's already a Sccoby thread but whatever.
The characters changed for the best.
I loved the characters, it was the first time I enjoyed Scooby Door.
I like they kept those personalities.
It knew how to be edgy but keep a balance with goofiness.

Also, I think you're really overestimating the original Scooby-Doo.
I know we live in an era of edgyness and our nostalgia for simple stuff is on the rise but you should rewatch the other Scooby-Door series, those were utter shit in a majority.

I recommend you watching the new Scooby Doo movies "Abracadabra Doo (2010)" onwards.is like is like a mix between "Where Are You" and "Mystery Inc" in the best possible way.

Seriously, nigger? It was one of the few Scooby Doo incarnations that actually did something with the characters beyond the same shit they've been doing for 40 goddamn years.
I have to say, I've never seen someone praise Scooby Doo for its formulaic, never ending plot line, which is inclining me towards disregarding your opinion, OP. Faggot.

But its the simple formula that has made SD so timeless, faggot

No it's not, the fact that they aired reruns for 40 years is what made it timeless.

Yeah, no.
I'm not that guy calm your tits, why are you so mad?
But I agree with him.
Mystery Inc. proved just exactly why that concept isn't timeless.
Mostly because the whole point of Mystery Inc. Is to be a deconstruction a thing it did pretty well and my guess… a thing a classic Scooby fan wouldn't want to see.
As a deconstruction puts a classic basic concept against real life consequences, like what about the problems with the law, how dangerous this line of work can be, what if the supernatural stuff turns to be real, what explanation this cliche could have.
Mystery Inc is not a good Scooby Door series because its not intended to be one, is a Scooby study and appliance.

I haven't even started redtexting yet, you'll know when I'm mad, dipshit. If some uncouth language makes you think I'm upset, then maybe you should stop fucking posting for a year or two and learn the lay of the land.

A severely overrated but decent youtube poop

So I recently watched that Scooby Doo meets Kiss movie. I actually really enjoyed it, which surprises me because I don't really care for Kiss. I went in expected a generic "we need to stop the ghost and save the concert" story, but instead got a completely off the rails love letter to Jack Kirby.

It's interesting that the Scooby DTV movies continue to be pretty well made, while all the other animated DTVs that WB puts out have really gone down hill in quality.

Scooby Door a bretty cool guy tbqh fam

At least she got better in S2.

No it wasn't.

Almost all the Scooby Doo movies from 2010 onwards are fucking gold.
Plus, I believe they're a sequel to Mystery Inc. retcon ending.
Wonder how much people from the team changed since they also changed the designs characters.
But all the What's new Scooby Doo dtv movies (cyberchase-Samurai Sword) are utter crap.

Kek

Shaggy knows that bitches come and bitches go. Better to just keep your best bro.

I remember really liking the zombie island and UFO scooby doo movies, they had really good production quality.
I also remember liking the egyptian one because it turned out fucking velma was the villain the whole time

Four pic.
I actually liked that Scooby also learned to keep his self entitlement to himself though.
I kinda guess he was very similar to Velma in that way.
Isn't that Velma's little sister or cousin from the new 10's movies universe?

Go watch the new 10's the animation is just beautiful.

turns out both zombie island and alien invaders were animated in japan, that explains the superior production quality.
speaking of, why the fuck hasn't there been a japanese scooby doo movie or show? I thought they loved old american animation.

do you guys think the late 90's scooby doo movies like zombie island and the witch's ghost are superior than the post 2010 ones or about the same?

Can't say, since I haven't watched the 2010+ ones.

Hard to say.
The writing is much more tight in the late 90's.
But there's a lot more experimentation in post 10's.
But there's about the same love put in every one.
The animation is about the best for their respective eras could pay.
The characters are good but late 90's being classic while post 10's being mystery inc.
The feel is different though.
Late 90's do feel like movies while post 10's feel like long (but very well paced) episodes on a slow releasing series.

The question for me is… Did 00's movies really sucked?

i think there was a handful of good movies from the 00's like the one where the gang is in Egypt and have to solve some mystery about Cleopatra and a Lara Croft knockoff shows up. Also I have fond memories of the one where they go to Hawaii. I think it was called Aloha Scooby Doo.

The only one I remember liking is the alien invaders

isn't that the one where scooby and shaggy fall in love with aliens?

how does the cyberchase movie fare with the other late 90's scooby doo movies?

That is a bad movie, point.

I like professor Pericles and mr.e

yeah. I especially liked how they explained that because of the speed of light delay, the aliens only knew of earth culture up to the 1960's and dressed/acted accordingly

that one doesn't really count, it was made in the same batch as zombie island

The problem with 00's movies is that it tried to be everything.
It wanted to be tightly written as late 90's and as imaginative as post 10's ending up in forced plot and comedy.
Like when they made a cartoon logic joke just to try to explain it ending up cringy and half baked.
It gave to much fucks and not enough.
Also this.
The animation wasn't that great either and when they got budget the directing wasn't as bold anyways so it was kinda a waste.

That's why Mystery Inc and Scooby Doo project are about the absolute best in the franchise, they managed a good balance.
And even then, both ended up leaning somewhere.
SDP to v comedy, even if a dark one and MI to plot even if a deconstructive one.

I recommend you watch the New Scooby-Doo Movies yourself, because what you're referring to are the new Scooby-Doo DTVs.

Holy crap I've never seem this.

Scooby Doo… and absolute best… in one sentence.

And that's why Scooby is the superior foodie.

I bet you don't like Canadian bacon either, faggot.

Unfortunately never tried it as far as im aware, not on the proper continent for it, would love to one day, trying new foods is fun even if they turn out to taste like shit.

Pineapples issue is that it its sweetness and sliminess overpowers other toppings which is why it is pleb tier, it works against one of the main appeals of pizza.

Though i will admit that the juice counteracts some of the greasiness if you get greasy shit pizzas instead of proper ones.

I think it's good if you have the right kind of toppings with it. I don't think its sliminess is that bad since most pizzas are usually really greasy anyway.

Alright niggers listen up, ranking time;
What's New Scooby Doo?
Basically every fucking animated movie from the early 2000s:
Scooby-Doo! and the Legend of the Vampire
Scooby-Doo and the Cyber Chase
Scooby-Doo and the Alien Invaders
Scooby-Doo! and the Witch's Ghost
Scooby-Doo on Zombie Island
Scooby-Doo! and the Loch Ness Monster (2004)
The New Scooby Doo Movies
Scooby Doo Where are you?
Mystery Inc.
The Scooby and Scrappy movies and show from the 80s
A Pup Named Scooby Doo
Be Cool Scooby Doo

The live-action shit, all of it

God tier.
High tier
Good tier
Nostalgia tier
Low tier
They don't exist- tier

Shit.
Where are you is in the nostalgia tier.
Sorry.

What about "What's new Scooby Doo"?

I want to say mid tier because its way too simple for what I was expecting but to be honest I don't remember it that well and there's the chance that it's actually very entertaining.

Best movie coming thru

You only like for waifu in wacky races.

The shows Japan loves seem to be a little sporatic, but universal appeal and cuteness helps. With that said, I haven't seen much of a fanbase for Scooby Doo or any similar mystery solving kids Hanna Barbera pumped out like Jabberjaw, Speed Buggy, Fangface, etc. unlike the adoration for Tom & Jerry and Wacky Races. Hell, Betty Boop was so popular in Japan back in the day, Fleischer Studios made a short especially for the country.

What's New is okay, but it gets a lot of hate for its back-to-basics approach after more subversive and darker takes from the late-90s DTVs. That early 2000s pop punk intro song's also going to become dated like those disco-style songs the early 80s episodes did.

I don't think so. The difference is disco was never good to begin with so it just aged worse.

Meanwhile I don't think the psychedelic pop of the original series aged too badly

I just know that for some reason Russians really like Mystery Inc, Gravity Falls and Twin Peaks for some reason.

Holy shit, I thought I made this up. I seen this when I was four years old.

Thank you for proving I'm not fucking insane.

This fucking movie.

Isn't that the one released recently.
Or is the first WWE movie?
Which one is better cause I heard that the WWE movie and the LEGO movie were the only bad ones from the post 10's movies.

The one just released.

I knew they liked Gravity Falls, but Twin Peaks and Mystery Inc. are news to me.

Yeah, if you look for any content on YouTube chances are Russian us gonna be the first alternate language for any result.

So i think the WWE movies are going to be the next I watch.
I haven't been able to get Abracadabra Doo and camp scare in 1080p and those are the last ones I'm missing.

If you're willing to sign up for it I think Kametsu has both of those in 1080p.

… I might have to watch this. It looks fun

i want to fuck scooby

Gas yourself.

Don't let this thread die.
I just got abracadabra doo and I'm gonna watch it tonight.

Either way, it's pretty amazing.

I got Abracadabra Doo at 1080p and 5000kb/s.
Holly crap, the animation is amazing, it has the best animation from the post 10's at least until Frankencreepy when the same quality was cheaper.

OK fuck it, I'm still 26 minutes to go but I'm already sure Abracadabra Doo is the best of the post 10's movies I've seen (Still missing camp scare and WWE ones).
Is incredibly tight and has bold directing.

Shaggy gets another girlfriend underated post btw.

Its more of a Shaggy movie although very well balanced between Daphne and Velma also.

That's not to say nothing wrong about the other ones, even the most mediocre one (Of the ones I've seen) which is Moon Monster Madness is very comfy anyways.

Madelyn was great.

Yeah, agreed.
Scooby Doo DTV team needs to stop hiring r34 artists.
My desires to masturbate there and then are really interfering with me wanting to finish the movie.

So if you had to rank all the ones you've seen so far, which ones were better?

Post 10's

I wouldn't be surprised if they did that.

I thought it was trying to be just like Scooby Doo on Zombie Island, but it obviously wasn't.

It was another pathetic edgy grimdark bullshit trying to be mature, but due to the fact it's written by losers and geeks it comes off exactly as immature and try-hard.

It pissed me off that Scooby tried to be serious instead of clumsy and scared of everything.

It ended up fitting in line with the rest of the shit filler writing similar to Ben 10 Alien Force and Star Wars where they waste time talking more than acting. Plus their vocabulary and manner of speech just yells out loud "Oh my god i'm a big fat geek please fuck me in the ass already, please give me a wedgieee". It was cringeworthy as hell.

lurk moar user, also, calm man, don't be so mad.
Scooby threads are supposed to be chill.

mega.nz/#F!nZ1ElJ7Z!r92VHAGHGcL3yjvIjVpKIQ

mega.nz/#F!RcJTkZBY!lAwejAK9oqRH4yDGAAildg

If you have video editor and you think 800mb per episode is too much then you can lower the bitrate down to 3000kb/s loosing minimal quality.

Why? They're on netflix.

>not available in my country

No, hulu is the kikeshit, netflix is alright.

stallman.org/netflix.html

Yeah, how dare I support a capitalistic society that allows me to endorse things I like by paying the people who provide that service.

I mean, communistic societies where everything is free and provided by the government is leagues better.

No please, don't start that shit.
SD is a chill thread.

I use Netflix and I pirate stuff.
I use Netflix because , come on man, 19 cents a day (in my country) for a shit ton of cartoons and movies?
That's the least kiked shit I've seen in years.
I pirate stuff when there's no supply for the demand, technically not being any supply I'm not stealing anything.