SSRI and MDMA

Does anyone here have experiences with SSRIs and MDMA?

I have severe depression and anxiety and take everyday SSRI against that (Escitalopram in drops). Actually I'm taking a bit higher dose than what my doctor prescibed me. I should take 3 drops a day, but actually do around 3-4 twice a day. It's 20mg/ml btw.

So, now it's been a long time since I last took MDMA, over a year now. Had to stop because I was taking too many in short time which resulted in depression and other problems.

Now I'm better in life and will not fall into the bottomless pit. Do you think I can just take MDMA normally or should I stop usage of SSRI a day before?
Could the antidepressant maybe even make a nice effect and make the morning after easier?
And should I start low at ~100mg or can I go for the 220+ partymakers?

Thanks a lot in advance

Other urls found in this thread:

webmd.com/depression/guide/st-johns-wort
yogiproducts.com/teas/rest-relax-teas/st-johns-wort-blues-away/
drugs.tripsit.me/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

bump

I have a lot of experience with both, don't take MDMA if you still need SSRIs to stay out of a pit of despair.
Once you are doing good enough that you don't need SSRIs then and only then can you handle a molly comedown without everything turning to shit.
If you are going to ignore this and do it anyway get some valium to easy the comedown.

Just workout instead of taking pills.
Trust me.

Don't ever take ssri and mdma , you will get serotonin syndrome,it's a life threatening condition, drink st. john's wort tea daily, it's a safe ssri.

Research.
erowid.org

+1

You're a fucking moron.

Shut the fuck up, Sam.

Please do not listen to any stupid cunt on here trying to tell you to quit your SSRI's.

use the herbal SSRI, it is as strong at Escitalopram minus the withdrawal

st. John wort:
webmd.com/depression/guide/st-johns-wort
yogiproducts.com/teas/rest-relax-teas/st-johns-wort-blues-away/

Did some reading on SSRIs and Ecstasy a while back, and the conclusion was that it's completely pointless to even try. SSRIs hijack your serotonin uptake systems meaning you won't feel much from the molly. As in absolutely nothing is going to happen. Even if you stop days before, you're going to have a diminished effect (especially if you've taken SSRIs for an extended period of time) because you've still got the meds in your system - it can take weeks or even months to get completely clean. And chances are the hangover will be worse than anything you have ever experienced.

Friend of mine was on bupropion, which targets dopamine rather than serotonin. He went cold turkey for a few days before rolling, and then spent the following week with flu-like symptoms and horrible depression.

Ultimately it's up to you, but the things to take away are 1) unlikely to feel much, if anything, 2) you will feel absolutely horrendous afterwards due to the serotonin drop.

Do not under any circumstances mix the two.
Also SSRI's are poison for the soul.

this is the most up to date understanding afaik.

have a look at tripsite's fact sheets to know exactly what you're dealing with: drugs.tripsit.me/

always do your research before mixing drugs

Introduce a steady supply of nigger semen to your diet. It is the cure all

Stop taking your happy pills and live your life with actual emotion you faggot.
Once you stop being drugged by the pharmaceutical jew your life will improve
Curing depression comes from the inside

Stop taking MDMA, it can be diluted with anything, people have died from taking it.

Why do you look for happiness in drugs?

Because I'm unable to feel any happiness another way.

Why don't you just kill yourself? I mean that unironically. If youre unable to find happiness and are always depressed then just do it. Nothing wrong with making that decision dude

you sound like a person who has absolutely no idea what he's talking about

Not reading the thread, just stopping by to tell you that there's a huge chance the halflife of your SSRI is longer than a day so you'd need to quit cold turkey well before that in order to get it out of your system prior to taking MDMA.

That being said, I think you should get off your meds completely before trying a serious psychedelic. If you need your SSRI to function then don't fucking do MDMA. If you don't need your SSRI to function, stop taking it. Good luck.

I wish I could but this would break my mother's heart. So I just wait until she is gone to go through with it.

Yeah nah mate you need to take care of your serotonin levels. The last thing you need is for those serotonin receptors to be decommissioned for a few months because you want to take MDMA.

He's taking more than double the maximum dose. Psychedelics are something to work toward if you are on something like half the minimum AD dosage. He'd probably be completely decompensated if he stopped dosage.

Quit the meds. Firstly, just coming from a medical perspective; you're supposed to take pills or medications in smaller doses as time goes on. Not just to wean yourself off them, but so you can naturally adjust to functioning without them. You, op, are a drug abuser - as in you're not using your medication to aid a recovery. Instead you're using it to cope; Drugs are not for you, friend.

Also, I'm sure you've already come to this conclusion, but over-indulgence in outside inhibitor's of emotional discomfort will inevitably end up contributing to your depression and anxiety. You should think of self mediating as and when needed, trying not to make it your first option when your mood is low.

Without some kind of talk therapy or intense introspection, it's pretty much pointless taking pills in the first place. since all you're doing by medicating your lack of something by blocking out the visceral responce to it is making it harder to overcome. Quit now or pay later.