Laughable hardware design

let's fund it though because gentoo
crowdsupply.com/eoma68/micro-desktop

Other urls found in this thread:

crowdsupply.com/eoma68/micro-desktop/updates/fsf-ryf-background
fsf.org/blogs/licensing/support-the-libre-tea-computer-card-a-candidate-for-respects-your-freedom-certification
crowdsupply.com/eoma68/micro-desktop/updates/cedrus
pastebin.com/raw/UWffBQbn:
static.rpteng.com/TALOS/assets/the_world_beyond_x86.pdf
raptorengineering.com/TALOS/faq.php
raptorengineering.com/TALOS/prerelease.php
twitter.com/AnonBabble

no
it has a fucking touchpad, i would rather have a trackball mouse or a red nibble in my keyboard
although everything else is "i could buy a different sbc" instead

Not a free hardware SBC

I'd donate OP but I just repaired my X200 so idc for a shitty PCMIA lookin sbc

my need of hardware has always been weak. I could live with 20gb and 2gb of ram with an integrated graphic card that could do basic work and 720p movies. Considering I'm a minimalist fan these kind of project interest me.

well fuck

so any malware app can record you without your consent
computing 2.0

stupid jewish crap

Mods can you ban this cancer
Because it's fucking pathetic

whats the difference? looks like 2 words for the same thing to me.

why ? because because you need a gaymen configuration ?

other than the eco friendly blabla
it's design was meant to be completely free, this laughable piece of hardware will be one rare piece of hardware that will be more/equally free than a libreboot thinkpad
crowdsupply.com/eoma68/micro-desktop/updates/fsf-ryf-background

But in your mind user I'm sure that you prefer buy a unblobble piece of hardware.
Seriously this is I think something important showing that for once that people want truly free hardware.

Even the FSF supports it
fsf.org/blogs/licensing/support-the-libre-tea-computer-card-a-candidate-for-respects-your-freedom-certification

Compared to the Novena or the Librem this is a success.

The only piece of non free software is fucking mali (who trespasses the gpl) that is almost completely reverse engineered.
crowdsupply.com/eoma68/micro-desktop/updates/cedrus

Being baited
The manual

Trackpad is simply the way Apple called it when they made the PowerBook 500 series (the first laptops to use that instead of a trackball).

fuck you israeli piece of shit. your days are counted

I'm p sure trackpoint is copyrighted and trackballs wouldn't fit with a foldable laptop.

Is this like that old Ben Garrison comic where the big nigger is holding a glass of "JEWISH Water"?

the jews are behind all antifeatures
they want to sell us shit for big money

Being literate instead of a retarded piece of shit doesn't cost money, maybe you should give it a try.

It sounds pretty schway on initial inspection, but if I actually think about it, I don't get what the point is.
What if I want to use my multiple devices at the same time?
What problem does this actually solve?
I'm willing to be convinced. I just don't get it at the moment.

Also, just to shit on their laptop design
They clearly didn't make it for my demographic, so why would I care?

The following is a random keyword the nsa monitors via pastebin.com/raw/UWffBQbn: MSNBC

They could have a big veiny dildo permanently melded onto the back of the lid and it'd still be a better buy than those flimsy flip-around nonsense laptops.

t. owner of one of said laptops that owes Microsoft haters an apology

I think the idea is that little ARM SoCs are advancing a LOT faster than the rest of the parts, so you can just buy a new card thing every year and your machine will still be as fast as possible for less money.

Unfortunately this tends to regress toward the same user experience that modern Microsoft is trying to cultivate, i.e. incredibly annoying for anyone without an impulsive need to buy things.

You'd need multiple cards.
The problem of having to replace a lot more than you want to when something breaks or needs an upgrade.

Yeah, that blows. Really takes away the benefit of switcharoundability.
Doesn't this make it even harder to replace parts if everything is stuck inside their little card? I guess it's better compared to the average smartphone, but I would never replace a desktop or decent laptop with this.
And if the only benefit is for a smartphone, and they don't have a smartphone yet...
I'm glad they got funded and hope they get out a phone system eventually but I wouldn't donate unless it was directly to a modular phone project that ran KDE Plasma

Oh fuck no.

I'm gonna sit out for TALOS.

Yeah, that's how I felt too. Windows is no longer a necessary evil. but x86 certainly is.

Do you know what TALOS is, user?

static.rpteng.com/TALOS/assets/the_world_beyond_x86.pdf

raptorengineering.com/TALOS/faq.php

raptorengineering.com/TALOS/prerelease.php

I am aware, I was only agreeing that ARM is not at all a substitute for established hardware standards.

A $3000 piece of shit that was getting astroturfed hard on coreboot's mailing list?

alright cool
I just wanted to get you hyped if you didn't know
ARM would be usable to me, since I try to only use FLOSS anyway, but it's a shitty arch and if I'm gonna make an arch transition I wanna do it one time to the right one.

The talos is gonna be $5000~. This is 60. They arent really comparable also the talos CPU draws 130W its not exactly portable.

5k? I heard it was only the price of a mid-range Macbook, not a Mac Pro :^)

If something in the card breaks you have to get a new card. If a part of your laptop enclosure breaks you can order or print a replacement part and install it yourself. If the keyboard breaks you can order a new keyboard and install it yourself.

If you upgrade to a better card you could use the old card to upgrade your phone.

Jews try to save money so love the 16:9 Jew

The Powerbook 160/180 would like a word with you.