Debian Diversity

As some people that follow my blog or read it on planet.debian know I was
approached at Debconf to found a Debian LGBTIQA+ support/exchange group.
I started to create #debian-diversity on OFTC (irc.debian.org) for
initial discussion possibility, but I think to kickstart the group a
proper IRC meeting will be needed.

So here we are. Given that in the next two weeks I'm kinda flexible I
started to create a doodle poll for the time for such a meeting:

doodle.com/poll/twczqyg4ry48fab7

I know that the times are pretty Europe centric but hope that people
from all around the world might be able to join nevertheless. Given
that this is the first meeting to get things started I guess this is a
compromise we would have to live with.

The invitation to join the discussion and the group is open to everyone
and noone should assume orientation or preferences from anyone joining
the IRC channel and especially the discussion. The purpose of the first
meeting is clearly on what we as a collective soul expect from the
group, which communication channels we would like to have, and what name
we would like to settle on. Diversity is only a working title that is
definitely up for discussion.

A preliminary agenda for the meeting is also available, feel free to
add to it as you see fit, but don't expand it too much yet, we want to
have things still left to do for the meeting. :)

titanpad.com/debian-diversity-meeting-1

I know this might come a bit short of a notice, and feel free to send
me your input in a private response; if you want to discuss this
publicly I would guess debian-project might be the mailinglist for that
for the moment.

Enjoy, and thanks for your support!
Rhonda

Other urls found in this thread:

fedoraproject.org/wiki/Women
archwomen.org/
forums.gentoo.org
titanpad.com/debian-diversity-meeting-1
esr.ibiblio.org/?p=6907
twitter.com/AnonBabble

What point are you trying to make? That there are people like this using Debian, just like there are people like that using any distro with more than 50 users?

Show me one using Gentoo.

.. and polite sage

someone is triggered.

Welp. Time to dump Debian. What do I run Holla Forums?

fedoraproject.org/wiki/Women
archwomen.org/
Just accept that these people exist, realize that they don't affect you, and move on.

TempleOS

Show me more than fifty people using Gentoo for something other than proving they can install Gentoo.

Devuan, Gentoo.

I second this. It has the perfect networking options for people who can't deal with SJWfags using the same things as them.

Only a shill would claim SJWs don't affect us.

I'm claiming that these SJWs don't affect us. Do they? If so, how?

What about NASDAQ, tard-o? Gentoo is the best desktop distro.

apt-get install-to-my-face those tits

So that's why we keep Holla Forums around.

forums.gentoo.org
Hey look, an entire website of people that aren't as fucking autistic as everyone in this thread

That was such an amazing thread. He got so triggered that he redirected the page to Debian's Code of Conduct.

lmao what is this from?

Distros are a meme. New GNU/Linux users obsess over them because they don't understand what all of the different components of a full GNU/Linux system are or how they interact with each other. Experienced users have a distro or a set of distros which they are most comfortable using, but they don't have a dependency on any distro.

SJWs prioritize invading distro leadership because they overestimate the role that distributions play. Even if they somehow come to dominate all major distributions, we could easily create a new one from scratch or create our own fork of an existing distro. It really isn't difficult to package a bunch of different Free Software projects together.

The real threat would be if SJWs were to take over major software projects, but the only one they put any sort of effort into invading is Linux and they are having difficulties gaining traction there.

But there are real differences, nigga. Mainly between distros having a port tree and those who don't even if you can use portage or pkgsrc to compensate for retarded distros.

Salix Slackware or Openbsd

Debian's SJWpad: titanpad.com/debian-diversity-meeting-1

People used to say this about SJWs in gaming.

Well show me a decent web browser then.

so true smh

[actually I like systemd and and alt-right is a stupid label]

wew

You massively underestimate the amount of engineering that Debian does and the other distros dickride. For one example, IPv6 is almost universally supported by every program packaged by Debian because Debian decided that should happen and had thousands of programmers write tens of thousands of patches. Over years those flowed upstream and is why IPv6 works in shitty distros.
The same goes for security support, the backporting of security fixes to stable software is a huge amount of engineering work that almost no other distro even attempts. Unstable distros are useless for production use so don't bother trying to say that's in any way equivalent.
There are effectively only two Linux distros of any worth: Debian and RHEL. The SJWs know this too which is why they focus on them.

They've already invaded GitHub leadership though.

I agree with this, though I would add SLES to that group and amend that these are the only Linux distros of corporate worth.

Do they not realize they're making it worse for themselves?

The scarier one is they're invading the FSF board. All those "GPL X or later" licensed programs can have their restrictions removed by that board updating the GPL. The SJWs work for companies that are highly opposed to GPL software and spend many millions on projects to replace them and they'd also love to get rich selling exceptions to your software's license. No one will believe we'll be fighting this war some years from now until it happens.

I thought we had only lost Gnome and Debian. Shit. Is the guy who is expected to eventually succeed Linus sane? And does he take the same precautions?
esr.ibiblio.org/?p=6907

Do you have proof that the particular SJWs on the FSF board are associated with large companies that hate the GPL? The FSF has traditionally been made up of leftists with SJW-ish tendencies. Have you ever looked at Stallman's site?

Matthew Garrett, the prime example of SJWs in the FSF, actually did a lot of work on GPL compliance. He might be a gamergate-opposing SJW invading the FSF board, but he's never going to support dropping copyleft.

It's convenient to see "the SJWs" as a single coherent homogenous enemy, but that's just not the case.

It's not a binary (lel) win or lose kind of issue. It's a "hearts and minds (and backbones)" issue.

Avoid using words filtered through non-tech political lenses when appealing. Don't use words like "conservative, Republicans, right-wing, liberals, Democrats, leftists" or anything even vaguely related. SJW is borderline as it's an inherently divisive term that has no concrete, commonly understood definition. You can thank Holla Forums for muddying those waters with their endless shitposting that conflates SJW with anything and everything on the left.