Please end it

user goes full retard LIVE [UNCUT]

I just spent like 200$ on a bunch of comics I'm probably never going to read.

I don't even like capeshit that much.
WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME???

And there's even more one the way
Please kill me

Why didn't you go to the local antique shop to buy a bunch of proper paperbacks, you pussy?

Storytime, motherfucker.

because I'm a fucking idiot

they're all 150+ pages.
fuck that

Well, get to reading.

Jesus… Arkham's art is grotesque!
I'm might actually read that one

Seriously, it's the best thing related to Arkham imo. Especially the villians, who got a realistic, totally fucked up twist. E.g. Clayface is just a pathetic little guy who longs for physical contact and wants to share his skin disease. Zeus wants to fertilize the world with his own shit and therefore collects it in buckets. And Two Face can't do anything without flipping his coin. And I mean anything.

They're all sick, twisted, kinda pitiable people. In other words, they can't live anywhere but an insane asylum.

Looking closer… damn, OP, you got the collected volumes only?

Well, if you find something you really like, maybe storytime just that? You sound like you're just getting into superhero comics, it'll be fun to see how you see things share the experience of newness with us jaded ones.

You lack discipline, soldier

Is that the Paperback New Frontier? Been thinking about getting that myself, but the price has been too high

well, I'm starting with Bombshells vol 1, since you know, women.
also, some guy in another thread said that it's interesting because it's made for women, but more as a self-insert story.
so every girl is beautiful and desperate for sex and isn't as PC as you'd expect.

also, the reviews on amazon made me laugh.

I'm only at the 3rd chapter, but it's pretty fun so far.
story makes sense and the art is nice.

forgot pic

Last Arkham was far better

oooo
I kinda like that.
Harley Quinn awakening to her true self.

You're a DCguy, huh? Not that it is too bad, giving Marvel's current state.

At least when DC forces progressiveness is due to the writers degeneracy, like having Ivy and Harley fucking so that they can fap to it.

I hope you smelled all those fresh pages, OP.

Well, your taste is not COMPLETE shit. Morrison's JLA is alright but he tries too hard to make Grandiose enemies for the JLA to fight.

I suppose Forever Evil is alright if you're a Luthor-fag and Arkham Asylum is fucking fantastic.

On the fence with Elseworlds because that shit may have Act of God in there. Never read Power Girl and Harley Which is Ironic considering I story-time Peegee earlier this month Velocity and Deathblow looks Image-tier but the rest is shite.

Shiiiiiiiiiiite.

What else did you order?

as for Elseworld, I'm not sure, but those are the issues it collects

were you at least drunk when ordering them?

most definitely
even paid 30$ extra for priority shipping

Is that Jay Leno as the Joker?

The only two I have issue with is Hush and maybe Martian Man-hunter.

Hush would have been fantastic if Hush was Jason. That and it's a introduction book for New readers

Who the fuck even cares about Harold?
Everything else is alright especially DKR.

I ordered Martian Manhunter because I heard from someone on here that he's the most OP motherfucker in the universe, so I thought it might be interesting to have a Superman-esque character who isn't human looking and probably doesn't care as much about humans yet is still a good guy

fuck off

might as well ask it here

red pill me on Grant Morrison
because there's a bunch of his work on the amazon best-sellers list like Multiversity, Final Crisis, Arkham Asylum, etc
yet when I go online I find a lot of hate towards him.

what's the deal`?

Thats ok, user, we can still be friends.

I'm waiting for Dark Horse to release the last collection volume so I can buy everything at once

Is Velocity any good?

Hush is neat. MM is uh trippy. DKR is pretty overrated and has been butchered by it's own writer plenty of times. Power Girl gets two double D sized thumbs up. Grayson is fucking shit.

Haven't read it yet, so I don't know.
But I can tell you that the art is great.
It's drawn by Kenneth Rocafort, and I've been a fan of his even before I got into comics.

He is a true defender of diversity in comics. Was one long before the current trend. Just like Moore and Gaiman, by the way. But Morrison was a more "conventional" writer, I mean, he often stuck to superhero traditions unlike Gaiman or Moore.

I don't mind him, I just prefer 2000ad, and that includes those three.

oh! okay.
I though people hated him because his stuff is always excessively grand and convoluted.

though I guess diversity has been an issue in comic books for a long time.
even before it hit the mainstream

If you can, watch the new 2000ad documentary, Future Shock. There he talks about his position when it comes to diversity in comics and why he defends it, and also other people (editors, artists) explain why the push of diversity happens.

One of the editors interviewed summed it up pretty well: diversity problems happen when you don't see yourself in a production, and when you don't see yourself, you don't exist, there's no place for you.

Personally I don't see a problem with grand and convoluted stuff, it's just that Morrison was the most important of the second wave of brit artists, together with Simon Bisley, but Moore, Gaiman, Bolland and Gibbons had taken all the glory already.

seems interesting.
will definitely watch that documentary.
as you can probably tell, I'm quite new to american comics, so I'm eager to learn more about it.

I'm the user who made the original Morrison post.
He's my favorite author.
But fuck him.
You will often find he struggles with pacing or compresses a lot (things happening off panel, usually to set up mystery).
It gets really bad when both are playing up at the same time like in the last Invisibles book
I go into his books enjoying convolution, hell I crave it. Probably why I liked Hickman's FF/F4 run.
However pic related is the reason he can fuck right off. From his Wonder Woman: Earth One book
He jumped on the bandwagon.

Also diversity issues are bollocks. Don't shove your bullshit agenda of racemixing and making everyone a special snowflake on me and we'll be fine

Yeah, but though I do think that diversity just for the sake of diversity is dumb, don't all the writers' scripts go through a committee of editors who'll change the text and add a couple of lines just to attract like the 2% of comic book readers who actually care about diversity?

I don't know if the writers themselves ever came out on this, but I am sure that there are cases where the editors force the writers to add stuff like "fuck the patriarchy" even though it has absolutely no effect on the actual story and is just there to please tumblr whales.

That particular trade is half Morrison, half Waid. I know because I own it myself, bought it for Tower of Babel

Nobody's editing Morrison's scripts. The editors at the Big Two are so incompetent that they'll let an established writer like Morrison get away with murder, even if it's his worst story. Conversely, you could write the best comic book ever written and you, not being a name writer, would have your script mercilessly edited by some hack editor with delusions of being a writer

I'm not taking any chances I'm afraid.
Frank Cho left DC because they tried pulling that shit so why couldn't he?

I dunno, look at Gwenpool. It came out of nowhere and has surprisingly been very good and devoid of politics