Scott Adams Throws Redpills Left And Right

THE ABSOLUTE MADMAN

On average, Democrats (that’s my team*) use guns for shooting the innocent. We call that crime.

On average, Republicans use guns for sporting purposes and self-defense.

If you don’t believe me, you can check the statistics on the Internet that don’t exist. At least I couldn’t find any that looked credible.

But we do know that race and poverty are correlated. And we know that poverty and crime are correlated. And we know that race and political affiliation are correlated. Therefore, my team (Clinton) is more likely to use guns to shoot innocent people, whereas the other team (Trump) is more likely to use guns for sporting and defense.

That’s a gross generalization. Obviously. Your town might be totally different.

So it seems to me that gun control can’t be solved because Democrats are using guns to kill each other – and want it to stop – whereas Republicans are using guns to defend against Democrats. Psychologically, those are different risk profiles. And you can’t reconcile those interests, except on the margins. For example, both sides might agree that rocket launchers are a step too far. But Democrats are unlikely to talk Republicans out of gun ownership because it comes off as “Put down your gun so I can shoot you.”

Let’s all take a deep breath and shake off the mental discomfort I just induced in half of my readers. You can quibble with my unsupported assumptions about gun use, but keep in mind that my point is about psychology and about big group averages. If Republicans think they need guns to protect against Democrats, that’s their reality. And if Democrats believe guns make the world more dangerous for themselves, that is their reality. And they can both be right. Your risk profile is different from mine.

So let’s stop acting as if there is something like “common sense” gun control to be had if we all act reasonably. That’s not an option in this case because we all have different risk profiles when it comes to guns. My gun probably makes me safer, but perhaps yours makes you less safe. You can’t reconcile those interests.

Our situation in the United States is that people with different risk profiles are voting for their self-interests as they see it. There is no compromise to be had in this situation unless you brainwash one side or the other to see their self-interest differently. And I don’t see anyone with persuasion skills trying to do that on either side.

Fear always beats reason. So as long as Democrats are mostly using guns to shoot innocent people (intentionally or accidentally) and Republicans are mostly using guns for sport or self-defense, no compromise can be had.

If we had a real government – the kind that works – we would acknowledge that gun violence is not one big problem with one big solution. It is millions of people with different risk profiles voting their self-interest as they see it.

So stop acting like one side is stupid. Both sides of the gun issue are scared, and both have legitimate reasons to be that way. Neither side is “right.”

*I endorsed Clinton for president for my personal safety. I write about Trump’s powers of persuasion and it is not safe to live in California if people think you support Trump in any way. Also, I’m rich, so I don’t want anything to change in this country. The rest of you might have a different risk profile.

blog.dilbert.com/post/146307088451/why-gun-control-cant-be-solved-in-the-usa

Other urls found in this thread:

therationalmale.com/2016/05/15/tribes/
blog.dilbert.com/post/146361457021/the-humiliation-of-the-american-male-in-2016
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLa8S4GilqogQRwblg-wi17_-z5jhPuxVV
sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S1571064513001917
sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S1571064513001188
sciencedaily.com/releases/2014/01/140116085105.htm
nonlocal.com/hbar/oor.html
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/E-I-E-I-(Annoyed_Grunt)
blog.dilbert.com/post/146605145036/persuasion-update-clinton-vs-trump
bookzz.org/s/?q=Dilbert Future &yearFrom=&yearTo=&language=&extension=&t=0
congress.gov/member/john-cornyn/C001056
xkcd.com/505/
dailymotion.com/video/x66cla_stone-cold-steve-austin-in-dilbert_sport
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Dilbert has always been semi redpilled.

Indeed.

I love how cheeky he gets when he goes IM TOTALLY A DEMOCRAT BTW I ENDORSED HILLARY HAH. This level of sarcasm must be undetectable for normalfaggots

Scott Adams has been one of the best things to come out this election. His comics are rp as fuck, his writings on persuasion are a game changer, and his two God's Debris books are mind opening.

He has a bad case of "thinks he's smarter than everyone else but pretends like he doesn't"

It's all part of his nth dimensional chess

I mean the entire webcomic is about corporate incompetence and the purgatory lifestyle of a 9-5 cubical job.

Seems pretty accurate.

Niggers shoot other niggers with handguns.

They do this in cities run by democrats.

In response, Democrats want to take rifles away from rural white people.

Meme it.

this.

Who said democrats were sane.

that's extremely subtle
read that to democrat friends as if you believed it completely, then ask them their opinion candidly
they will be so brainfucked they won't know what to answer, and they will have to consider the whole issue of gun control without any of their usual programming applicable to this description of the problem
so many persuasion tricks in this text omg

the white police execute PoC in the streets while the repugnican media applauds

What's wrong with executing niggers?

The VAST majority of niggers who are killed are killed by other niggers.

I know this is bait but BLM needs to be shown what real executions look like

He doesn't think he's smarter than everyone else, he thinks he's smarter than most people. And he's right.

I didn't realize just HOW ignorant the average person is until I saw just how many people are taking his "I support Hillary Clinton because she will have me killed otherwise, and Trump and his supporters are nonviolent" as a sincere endorsement of Hilldog.

ahahha I remember this one well from my childhood, thank you for reminding me of it.

It's called "crime fighting", nigger.

If you've read his book "How to Fail at everything and still win big" (something like that), he talks about how he wasn't promoted to a managerial position in a bank – twice, at two different banks – because he was white and they wanted to appear diverse. this was in the 70s iirc

i don't understand why people don't get satire. people see anything in an article and just assume it is real. I swear, if I were to take articles from the onion and put them in the new york times people would believe it. More than that they would probably defend it if I tried to tell them why it was wrong

No.

WE GOT A LIVE ONE

Basically.

Yeah he was breddy good….then I noticed just today he turned off the comment section due to all the racis/mushuganist posters. Now all comment sections on his entire blog are turned off and hidden. The comment section was starting to become redpill central and you know (((they))) just couldn't let that be. My guess is the death threats he speaks of are more real than he lets on.

Coming from the man who also thinks we are nothing more than meat computers. Watch him for this shift later: trying to convince you that you have no free will.

I firmly believe Scott is in the Sam Harris camp.

He doesn't seem to deny that they are real.

This, I was also surprised to learn that the "endorsement" was actually effective for stopping the threats.

Feral niggers need to be put down.

I checked several of his articles and it was the same in all. Does anyone know why? It's not usually like this.

You don't get it. Only rightwingers do bad things.

Then enjoy his usefulness in the meantime. The Truth will out user.

Jesus fucking christ

He is right that free will is a nebulous, nonscientific, unquantifiable concept, but he doesn't understand how many concepts like that are important to humans. Pure unadulterated materialism is not something useful for most people.

I have never before been so disgusted with leftists.

Fuck… Now that I've been reading all his shit about persuasion (not even his books, just his blog) I can't stop looking for it in everything of his that I read.

point being that malefactors find this wonderful for opportunistic reasons.
Beautiful for both because Dilbert is representing a nieve straight-man and Dogbert is the above-proposed opportunist
The persuasive punch. This isn't a generic misanthropic insult at the world, but rather a specific insult at a hypothetical, whole, stupid planet full of people who would renounce violence unconditionally.

Suffice to say, his evolving "endorsement" blurb for Clinton has also been a treasure-trove of subversive persuasion.

He was brigaded by SRS/goons so it was a smart decision

Well, this year I sure pared my Christmas card list down to the bone.

I have a first edition of the Dilbert Principle and am going to reread it this weekend.

As a fellow student of persuasion he is a lot easier to take than Mystery or Ross Jeffries. I don't hate PUT but I am more interested in Bernays and advertising.

Dogbert's always been the "I'm saying what everyone else is thinking" character. I mean shit, in the Dilbert cartoon, he's the character who redpills everyone else!

I didn't think this guy would be a race realist.

Does he have a patreon we can donate to? That's what people do when the internet is mean to them, right?

He's fucking rich with his comic strip syndicated in over 2000 newspapers worldwide. He doesn't need your 5 shekels a month.

Many of those racist comments were niggers and spics and white-guilt virtue signallers flooding his comment section with Tim Wise talking points.

I don't respect a man who is afraid to unironically stand up for his beliefs. If the world were full of men only like him, we would lose. His hypno sophistry is only impressive to mediocre minds.

You're an idiot. He's outright stating that the Democrats use threats of violence against people who disagree with them.

You know, I was at first inclined to agree with you.
Then take a step back and realize how much risk he's taking just by posting on this topic.
Then think about the side he's taking on this topic and how much risk he poses by taking that side.
Then remember he's a public figure in california that makes his living at the mercy of jewish newspaper writers and controversy is always bad for media figures.

Scott's a pussy, but him being a pussy is braver than we'll ever be.

The situation he describes is taken further in Psychopass. One of the few good jap shows of this decade. People are unable to defend themselves due to precrime prevention systems. Those who can sidestep these systems have free reign to kill everyone.

Can we do to Scott Adams what we did to Ben?
Obviously he would require a completely different approach if it were to be done.

Agreed, just watch for and be prepared for the shift later. He is riding the Trump train to make himself relevant and prove to people what a great predictor/influencer he is.

Yet here it is, and never let go of that fact. Just watch him for the shift later.

You could, of course, accuse me of the same thing (trying to make myself look like the predictor of predictors or something like that) with the exception that A) I'm posting here anonymously and B) I'm not shilling my book. Not to mention C) I am a fucking nobody to begin with. Just keep your eyes and minds open, my dear Holla Forums.

To be honest, I think he's as Holla Forums as any of us are. It's just in his best interests to hide his power level as well as he can; even so, he's probably subtly red pilled at least as many people as we have. I imagine his positions will become less understated as the Overton window shifts to the right.

Excuse me that's technically not execution. It's actually animal control

Sad I missed that, then. He's trying so hard to be mild-mannered, and doing a good job of it.

Fuck off back to plebbit. You're a disgrace to Hitler dubs.

He should still take them.

For the lulz of see him make serious cash, and make more salt out of the SJW whiners…

Who would even be his friend in the first place?

SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

That a calculating bastard has changed clothes in the dead of night, is no indication of a MADMAN, is an indication that we are winning.

Your joking, right? I refuse to believe that people actually didn't get that sarcasm. I can not fathom that anyone wouldn't get that.

I'm sure your right but it's still mind-boggling

Even here on Holla Forums there was a furor over it as people didn't bother reading the actual post and only read the headline.

Shows the strength of sound bites.

I found the original.

We don't need to.

I believe this is the original. I like yours more but I didn't want to waste half a minute

holy shit

no carlos you have to go back

He wants to moderate them effectivey to turn them from the wazone they turned into back into his old comments section, but disqus is apparently being a bitch.

His daily comic strip is syndicated in 2000 newspapers worldwide. Assuming that they buy on average 1 comic/week at an average of $50 per comic, then he's brining in 100k/week just from his comic strip. That's $5.2 million a year, not including his books and other business ventures.

He's already making some pretty serious cash.

daily reminder that kikes are IRL gene stealers

No homosexual would fuck that man.

You clearly haven't met many homosexuals

You didn't choose where you were born, you didn't choose your sex, you didn't choose anything. Every "choice" you make was predetermined by a multitude of elements that our beyond our comprehension.

Only when the marionette realizes it's a marionette with all the strings attached can it have some semblance of freedom.

You will no doubt think I am a fool, becuase that's the only way you can stay comfortable in your delusions. But think about this: when will whales be the master's of their own destiny?

He also 100% owns his IP, apparently there he also makes good money off of Dilbert licensed energy drinks and computer supplies.

In general, he's very based. All his books are worth a read, with all his studies into hypnosis, persuasion and trances he's vying to be president Trump's righthand Grand Warlock.

《《《¤》》》

I read one of his books back in high school and tried that hypnosis shit on an English teacher and got her to copy my hand movements during a speech. A friend watched me do it, so I know it actually happened.

dilbert 2 is better tbh

that was brilliant

I've been following this glorious bastard pretty closely for the past year. His comments section 6 months ago were full of people who were redpilled and talked about how best to persuade and convince people how to do things. Either that or they were picking apart his posts to figure out their true meaning, since he always talks about how we live in a world with 3D meaning but people are very focused on a 2D interpretation.

As he became more and more right about Trump, suddenly you started seeing leftists and various pocks start flooding the comments and calling everyone a racist or a sexist or a misogynist. That's when he started amping up the sarcasm, metaphor, and wordsmithing up to 11. His "endorsement" of Hillary was first met with either a "Good to see you're on the right side" by clueless leftists, or "I see what you did there" by his regulars. The week before he turned off comments, they started turning into a massive cesspool of leftist propaganda, talking past any point anyone was trying to make, and childish namecalling. All by the leftist commenters.

So when he said he turned off comments because he was getting nothing but racist and sexist trash in them and Disqus was fucking him over, I knew exactly what he meant. Meanwhile the clueless leftist shitposters take that at face value and tally up a victory for themselves. Even as he was taking the absolute piss out of them.

I swear, I can ethereally feel the man's utter smugness and shit-eating grin all the way from here. He is a glorious son of a bitch and I started reading all his books. They're fantastic.

repubs voted down a bill to keep terrorists from having guns…. WTF?!?! because they own many shares in gun companies… and get showered with gifts from the nra. never before has the system been so broken. ever since obama became president all aspects of working together to make government work went out the window. their racism was showing, badly. after endorsing bush's patriot act which allowed widespread spying on all americans to "keep us safe" from "terrrism" they vote against bills to protect us from actual real terrorists with weapons. repubs are so fucked in the head. they're like little kids doing the opposite of what people tell them to… just because!
have fun with your future mass-murdering endeavors! I'm sure there's terrrists out there breathing a sigh of relief knowing they can still get an automatic rifle without getting butt-checked by government. thanks repubs.

If I hadn't read a few myself I'd assume you were Scott. Dilbert is the only strip I fins consistently funny. The others seem to die out.

Oh my. Someone's feeling bad in their safe space and obviously didn't read the article.

I think you were looking for >>/leftypol

Disqus is is shit anyway, staff members of the service can edit/delete/ban on any site that uses the system, whether the site likes it or not.

oh god what have I done :^(

Good joke. They voted down a bill to turn the No Fly list into a No Gunz list that is entirely unappealable and has no judicial process to get on. Ted fucking Kennedy took 6 months to get off the list and he was a SENATOR.

I know you're a troll post, but just take this: Democrats voted down a competing bill that would do the -SAME EXACT THING- but require the DoJ to review your case within three days to determine if you were actually a terrorist or had just ended up on the list like Ted Kennedy. This whole thing is such an obvious ploy to have an extrajudicial way to say "you don't get a gun" it's not even silly, fug

apologies for derailing this bred by responding to b8

This is awesome. Meme it.

Guns will make us powerful, butter will only make us fat.

Democrats are just projecting. They know what they would do with the guns if they had some balls like they consider republicans to have.

Which reminds me of:

Leftists are simply feminized cucks.

therationalmale.com/2016/05/15/tribes/

holy fuck it's so jewy, it looks like a shoop

ive seen this and dilbert 2 but man what the fuck am i missing i don't get it

Ted Kennedy deserves to be on terror watch lists and worse after the shit he pulls with pushing the immigration act of 1965.

He closed the comments claiming racism and shit. My gut tells me that he noticed he was starting to get big and realized the shilling (in a very real sense) was getting out of hand. So racism gives him an excuse wih which libshits can't attack him.

But I don't know brotatos, I wouldn't put that much trust in him crossing certain lines. He's years behind someone like Molyneux and even him cucks on some things. Unless BLM start hunting whites on the streets we'll get some wrongthink here and there, but not too much. In any case, it's cool to see him address stuff like this.

GODDAMNED RIGHT!

I refuse to be limited because the Democrats' pets can't handle freedom responsibly. I'm so sick of lowering standards to accommodate those inferior fucktards.

I know! Read the book, highly recommend. I was shocked by what was going on so blatantly!

if you have to ask then you'll never know.

dudes got millions and millions. He says himself on livestreams that he could never spend enough to dent his wealth

Read his How to Fail at Almost Everything and Still Win Big

He talks all about hypnosis and a bunch of awesome shit. God's Debris and Religion war are based as shit too.

Someone please enlighten me about what us the salt of this joke. I am not native speaker and I do not get it.

And I am not confused by the asterisk but with the rest of the sentence.

Yeah, I Buschfahrzeug that. Maybe you should try a bit harder.

Yes, Ted needs to be on a watch-list in case he rises from the grave.

GamestopDorito "There's a time and a place for anime. The time is now. The place is here" -Me

Surreal.

t. art critic

Oh good lord, Scott himself showed up.

Agreed.

Disagree. I chose to respond to you.

Nope. There are a multitude of elements involved, sure. The core of which is my own choosing. My life until that choice shaped who I am but did not automatically decide who I am or make my decisions for me. Life sometimes will even narrow the choices down for you, but you are still the individual choosing.

Agreed.

No, I get where you are coming from. I spent a lot of time in that mind set.

They already are, within the bounds of physical reality. Same as the rest of us. I captain my ship, I do not captain the entire sea. I am the free architect of my life.

Try harder.

I don't know why I said web comic. Must have been way too much lurking on Holla Forums's cringe aka LOL threads.

Can't disagree

Which is why only the police should have guns

~*~^tips_fedora^~*~

Assuming the universe is causal: You need to know some number of past moments as well as the current moment to determine the future. In order for the knowledge of the present moment to be realized in the universe, the universe must transition between a state in which the present moment is not "known" to a state where it is "known." However, what was once the present is now the past, so you still lack knowledge of the present. You can't use the past to predict the present because after the transition, the current moment that you just predicted is now the past. From the perspective of an observer within a causal universe, it is not possible to determine the future.

Assuming the universe is non-causal: The concept of predetermination does not apply to a non-casual universe.

I can't find an argument against free will that considers the perspective of an observer within the universe. It's the only perspective that matters because everything we know about the universe is built from our observations from within the universe. Seems like people always try to "step up" to the perspective of an observer within a higher dimension, but at that point the past present and future no longer have any meaning because every state of the universe exists simultaneously.

Find the asterisk at the end of the article and read why Democrats "are his team".

His argument is literally, "Democrats are niggers and niggers are criminals, so of course democrats want to ban guns so that they can keep other democrats from shooting people"

Sorry, actually wait, he does stop short of full-redpill:

"Democrats are niggers, niggers are POOR, and POOR PEOPLE are criminals."

So he just flew military (which they couldn't keep him off of) which cost taxpayers twice as much. Good job!

t. Does not fly

tl;dr this river I step in is not the river I stand in.

3spoopy5me

Does anyone know a good source to download the audiobook version of How to Fail at Almost Everything and Still Win Big?

Trump just retweeted Scott.

Not really

So I'd like to break down this latest entry and see what persuasive nuggets I can find:

So okay, there's the core points:
I want to try to find some of the more subtle crafting of this message.

for starters
repeated use of this term (across multiple articles) in reference to the logical fallacy creates an incorrect association that the writer is "attempting to avoid bias" (quite different from confirmation bias). He also speaks with the tone of a fair, nonpartisan person. However, as a person with the intent of persuading, he obviously WOULD have bias towards his preferred position that he wants to direct you towards.

This line directly follows the assertion that men who wear V-neck sweaters are owned by their wives. Now, if we think rationally, there is absolutely no social dynamic by which a certain type of sweater marks men as human property (no matter how much it makes them look like pussies).
However, what he has done here, I think, is in very short order, derailed the train of though of people who strongly disagree with his assertion in a sort of rope-a-dope.
They read the line about "V-necks = slavery" and think "That's bullshit", then they read, "You're laughing" and they think, "Okay, so he knows that what he just said is ridiculous", then he says, "Because you know its true" and specifically because he's made an assertion that is irrationally plausible on the basis of V-neck sweaters making men look like pussies, the irrational mind DOES think of it as plausible, and so that last line returns the mind to a receptive state as they continue reading.
Please note the absence of "Deep down inside" before "you know its true", which is a cliche and just pisses people off.

It's surrealist filth. This should honestly be expected with how oddly conservative the comic appears to be.

I'd rape her until she obeyed.

You chose to be a faggot.

This is sort of a two-fer. On the one hand, he's reinforcing his continuous theme that PUBLICLY being a Clinton supporter has myriad benefits for reasons that are all infuriating to contemplate. You'll be safe from physical attack by liberals and mexicans, your taxes won't go up if you're rich, and now, you can speak your mind more freely because liberals don't enforce on "their own people" as much.

Secondly however, this does also support the article's point, because only men would be restricted from talking about "The humiliation of men" in the first place (demonstrated by how Twitter has responded to this article by… attempting to humiliate Adams).

To that last point:
This could be a trap. Now that Adams is soaking up hate on twitter, if he has something up his sleeve, then this line was DEFINITELY bait.

Start reeling in the twitter hate. This is their ammunition. This line is not only cruise control, but conveys the affect of a crazy person by supposing to read the mind of a hostile reader.
A sympathetic reader will gloss over this line, but an ACTUAL hostile reader will latch onto it.

And just like that, any criticism of the article is defused because he is acknowledging that the sense of oppression that he's spent the entire article talking about might be entirely imagined (but that it doesn't matter).

In support of these last few points, I'd note that he has NOT been responding to twitter criticism of this article in the way that he has been other articles.

Fucker, most of us here are smarter than "everyone else," when "everyone else" is this:

youtube.com/playlist?list=PLa8S4GilqogQRwblg-wi17_-z5jhPuxVV

2/10. Do better next time!

Moist robots, and he's right spiritfag.

You fail to grasp causality.

Correct.

Explain how this is not ultimately causal.

You need to not only know that, but you need a computer at least the size (in memory and processing power) of the entire universe itself to just keep up with the universe. There isn't a known shortcut (i.e. there's no quick algorithm to determine the 10^20000-th hash when one hashes the number 1, then sticks the output back into the input, and repeat.

As for observing the universe, you will probably already know the "virtual reality" in human's heads is a lagging indicator. It's as much as a quarter-second or more behind real-time. In reality, choices aren't really made on the smallest of time scales (reaction time scales). Those are habits which are invoked in what is perceived to be a F-o-F or emergency situation.

Otherwise, this is why practice is important. Not only are you learning the proper way to do something procedurally, you are error-correcting the mental structure which will handle the task without as much conscious effort.

Correct, for computational complexity reasons. You have nowhere near the resources to simulate the universe around you, let alone the whole thing. There is no immediate model (like ellipses with orbits) which predicts the state of stochastic processes faster than the system itself unfolding in time. It's the no-perfect-oracle problem without even addressing the infinite-recursion problem of such an oracle.

You yourself don't have to be able to predict the future perfectly as a sub-unit (human) of the super-massive whole (universe), in order for the universe to be causal and [super-]deterministic. In the very same way that dust orbits Saturn, the dust in your head moves from place to place, leading to your next reply…

If only…

Holy shit, someone in the thread who isn't a retard. Amazing.

His argument for determinism relies completely on the macroscopic and directly observable world, it does not account for the fact that macroscopic reality is caused by an ensemble of indeterminate quantum factors, which exhibit tons of weirdness and nondeterminist phenomena before wave function collapse happens. While wave function collapse can be calculated and modeled, the exact point at which it occurs is still very ambiguous, it could occur in a conscious observer, or it could happen at the level of atoms, or any point inbetween and the observable result would be indistinguishable because of a chain of entanglements from observer to quantum superposition/eigenstate. While theories such as ORCH–OR which hypothesize a quantum origin of free will are controversial and uncertain, recent evidence seems to make it more plausible, the biological qubits in a neural microtubule were originally thought to be too vulnerable to noise and decoherence to be useful for cognition but newer evidence suggesting entanglement/relay between both sides of the brain could circumvent this criticism. It is possible that the brain is an organic quantum computer with legitimate free will. Hard determinism is not verified, and the entire field of QM challenges most of its assertions.
sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S1571064513001917
sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S1571064513001188
sciencedaily.com/releases/2014/01/140116085105.htm
nonlocal.com/hbar/oor.html

You need to leave. Also, it's absurdist, not surrealist Faggot

It didn't rule out non-determinism, so long as you're willing to rule out non-locality. The non-scientist in me thinks this may imply a deeper locality than that of proximity in spacetime. I have nothing to demonstrate even the smallest iota of that idea though.

I mean Bell's inequality.

rule out locality

This always happens when I drink the Jew-juice. Should stick to the Freedom Weed!

Every time

…so did you guys see that Trump retweeted Scott?

Didn't Scott predict that he WOULDN'T be acknowledged? I wonder what this means.

Scott Adams knew about meme magic a long time ago.

I swear that he spent much of the end of his 1997 book The Dilbert Future talking about his experiences with it. Unfortunately, I can't find a copy of the text online anywhere.
I was like 13 years old when I read that shit, why do I remember this now?

He's written about it a few times. He's called it "linguistic killshots" or things that get stuck in your head.

In Stick To Drawing Comics Monkey Brain he mentions how logical arguments don't work for countering bad ideas because the logical counterargument would take too long to explain. Which is why simple phrases that shoot down the others' idea can be dramatically more successful.

I think arguing over free will kinda misses the point.

On a micro-level, sure, you can be unpredictable and make any choice you want, but on the macro level of human populations, you'll get better predictive traction if you assume nobody has free will and responds to stimuli like robots.

Saying nobody has free will is a useful generalization, even if it's not strictly true.

Isn't that encouraging people to act like retarded leftists going "white privilege" or "rape culture" on everyone?

Yeah, and? You realize how much mileage retarded leftists get out of that, right? Also that's how rebuttals generally work on imageboards, you fucking faggot

Saying people should drop reasonable arguments in favor o memes dumb privilege, you shitlord.

did I do it right?

Says a moist robot controlled by "nothing" I guess. You are hardware with no software, no electricity? LOW ENERGY?

Hardly, you just have it backwards. The universe doesn't cause us, we cause the universe. Fuck, I thought /bane/ woke you guys up. Everything is mind.

Oh, I wouldn't argue that, and the reason of course is that most people are asleep at the wheel in life. Most people have no idea of the free will they have inside. Most people take the blue pill daily. It makes them predictable and controllable.

However, as we are watching before our eyes, (((their))) programming is breaking down, bursting at the seams.

Liberty!

January 1, 2011 0830Z

That's why Jesus literally is my co-pilot and aviators are insane stuntmen.

t. does not fly, the "more likely to get into an auto accident" is statistical kikery

This simpsons episode explains the last few years. Homer is the leftist, we are the KFC guy with the glove.

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/E-I-E-I-(Annoyed_Grunt)

It's true for commercial flights. CERTAINLY not true for smaller airplanes.

Yes, you did it right.

Here, have a winning Jared…

This is the spirit-ist lie. Everything which makes up your VR-world in your head is mind.

The universe exists without your presence needed. This is a simple hierarchical dependency problem.

We are assemblies of dynamic bits, not dynamic divisions of a grand whole!

Don't put the cart in front of the horse. You'd think that'd be an easy task to do…

Hate to burst your bubble, but thats now how it would go historically.

he was making an analogy, bro.

We have "free will" within the constraints of our genetic programming. We cannot make a choice outside the paradigm of what we believe our "will" allows. And this has been shown to be based on personal feelings, not necessarily by rational conclusions. The persuader knows this and composes his message accordingly.

and i was too.

except mine was accurate. The jew always does this, they convince you that you are evil, they try to shame you, the invite the mudshits to your door, and while they disarm you they open the gates to your enemy.

someone got lost on their way to reddit

Are you talking about the section he wrote on positive affirmations?

After reading some of his blog this guy seems to be saying a lot of the same stuff we do, just that he uses different terminology and does a better job explaining it to others.

Hell are we sure this guy isn't secretly one of us? At the very least hes redpilled for sure.

scott adams is labeled a holocaust denier and he questions the current model of evolution.

as a milsurp buyer, my guns have probably killed hundreds of people.

You assume too much. I said everything is mind, I didn't say everything is my mind.

Internal and external. It is all mind.

If you are talking about this specific meat-bag, then yes, I agree.

Only if you think mind is a product of matter, and not the other way around.

Wrong. Assemblies of dynamic bits, which we are, are still a dynamic division of a grand whole. Sets of sets of sets of sets, all dependent on the only independent set, the Set of All Sets, commonly referred to as God.

You'd think so. What came first friend, energy or matter?

Reasonable arguments don't work. That's the point.

With making a meme or linguistic kill shot, it's about ridiculing the others point of giving a decent rallying cry for your side.

Like Build A Wall. It isn't an argument itself, but a point that you bring up that arguments revolve around.

It doesn't even have to be about ridiculing. That's just one angle of attack.

Bear in mind, with each of Trump's "Nicknames" that he's given, they're not particularly clever or funny, but because they create confirmation bias they're like slow-acting poison.

They just resemble the CHARACTER of mocking someone because of how he repeated them.

Yeah, I think that's it.
From what I remember, it's basically a personal application of memetics.

I think it's cute how Scott always acts like el Rato is just a regular politician and not one of the most brazen liars alive when he goes on about his "confirmation bias".

I believe that lies in the realm of contradiction, i.e. there is no such thing. Assuming I'm correct, don't use math jargon to seem correct if the math itself is incorrect.

5 years later, the dankness is still strong

Decided to not bother making a new thread, but look at this: Scott Adams blogged about the feminization/humiliation of men, something we write about all the time on Holla Forums

Perhaps the biggest unreported story of this presidential election is the humiliation of the American male. Unless I’m blinded by confirmation bias – which is entirely possible – it seems to me that the humiliation of American men is now institutionalized in the media.

Check out this commercial for dishwasher detergent. And take careful note of the American man’s v-neck sweater. That’s the uniform of a man who is owned by a woman.

You’re laughing because you know it’s true. How many of the married men reading this blog have received those same sweaters as “gifts” from women? Personally, I’ve received about 25 over the years. None from men. I received three of those sweaters so far this year. I throw them away. Nice try.

Many of you can’t talk about this topic without being accused of sexism, losing your jobs, and being cast out of your social groups. But I can talk about it because I endorse Hillary Clinton for president. I did that for my personal safety, because I live in California, but still, I’m on the progressive side now. That gives me some extra freedom of speech.

If you are following the election polls, you know that Clinton has greater support from women while Trump has greater support from men. Trump probably can’t win the presidency unless he gets massive voter turnout from American men.

Will that happen?

The dishwasher soap commercial should give you a hint of how big that turnout might be. You might not notice the size of the coming tsunami because American men generally don’t voice their humiliation in public. That would just make it worse.

But in the privacy of the polling booth, the men who don’t talk are free to act.

You can criticize Donald Trump on many dimensions. You can say he’s not really a great businessman. You can say he’s offensive. You can say he lies. You can hate his position on issues. You can say he has insufficient policy details. And lots more. But I think we all agree that Melania never asks Donald to go back to the store because he’s too dumb to buy the right kind of soap on the first try.

I predict you will see the largest male turnout of any presidential election in American history.

In the interest of completeness…

In my opinion, Hillary Clinton has already done a great service to the country because – win or lose – she already effectively broke the glass ceiling on the most visible and important job in the nation. If she falls short of the presidency, few people will think it was because of gender discrimination against women. Clinton has been a strong role model for women and deserves massive credit for that.

STOP TELLING ME IN YOUR MIND THAT WOMEN HAVE IT WORSE IN THIS COUNTRY THAN MEN!

I’m sure women do have it worse than men in this country in lots of ways. But it isn’t a competition. My point is that the psychological state of American men in 2016 is one of persistent humiliation for simply being male. That sense of humiliation might be more imagined than real – which is not an important distinction – because either way it affects how people act.

If you don’t like v-neck sweaters, you should read my book while not wearing one.

Here's the video he linked

see Chicago's weekly gun violence reports
already on course to break last years numbers

This is some Holla Forums-tier elitist faggotry.

mfw youre propably right

Read DC's Lobo. The special issue about how he genocides his own species.

They are the most pacific beings in the galaxy. They are technologically advanced, culturally sophisticated, and physically semi-immortal (they can die, though it's absurdly hard to kill them).

They evolved to the point that they had no laws against criminal behavior anymore, and there was no societal basis to impose punishment on anyone for any reason.

But Lobo is born with a specific personality: he's a psychopath, a murderous and narcissistic egotist (kind of redundant, I know).

He wants to be the only member of that noble race in the universe. So he goes on killing his own kind.

It's absurdly easy, even though they are so hard to kill, simply because they don't react and waste their time discussing what to do with Lobo to correct his ways. And while they limit themselves to civilly discuss the matter, Lobo manages to produce a biological weapon that ends up eradicating everyone but himself - this becoming the last member of the species like he always wanted.

Of course he's not satisfied with that, so the series goes on with his lunacy and sometimes with clever social criticism (against leftists 90% of the time) by the writers. No wonder it's not a very popular comic.

Quantum physics proves both of those statements false. The observer's method of observation can determine the behaviour of particles, and particles, once interacting, (possibly from the earliest creation of the universe) are forever quantum-entangled.

My Dilbert Story

True story.

You obviously don't work with the public.

Is that one of the jew sciences?

Yeah. I bet you're a real fucking genius, user.

I bet you aren't white.

No, just one of the most tested and proven branches of science (really the only one that matters since it can describe everything) and would blow your mind if you actually learned what it says about the universe and (your) reality.

lol all my lefty friends who love dilbert are having a fit about scott recently.

reminds me when the literally smartest man in hollywood and entertainment with the highest confirmed IQ and everything, james woods, went full redpill.

Like Mike Brown was "executed" while he was attacking and trying to steal the gun of an officer?
Give me a break, no one believes the black narrative, so much that BLM itself became your average black supremacy group instead of actually getting their shit together.
Your people are killed more because you are responsible for half of US crime despite being a minority, so you get into shooting about 10 times more than you should, and you get killed 10 times more.

And you deserve it. Civilize yourself if you want to stop being called a nigger and shot.
Is it really that hard to stop being a fucking OOGA BOOGA MODAFOKA YO BRUDAH mentally handicapped monkey?
Why can't you reach at least Classical Age standards of civilizaiton?
Why are you always stuck several centuries behind the rest of the world despite being the most coddled demographic ever, and receiving gorillions of privileges?
The US wasted 50 trillions trying to civilize your just in the last 50 years, and you're still deep into the OOGA BOOGA stage.

GET. YOUR. SHIT. TOGETHER.
OR GET SHOT.

Women are by far the most privileged democraphic in the globe.
They can skip a lifetime of working.
They can leech off another person all their life.
They can stay unemployed without looking bad for it.
They can send men to die in millions to get them the resources they need.
They can legally rob a man of their belonging and offsprings.
They can get a man jailed by merely accusing him.
They can cry their way out of any wrongdoing they committed.
They have all sorts of special treatments in every single field of society that not even the most pandered minority can dream of.
And on top of it, they can do so while looking genuinely "oppressed" by exploiting male biological impulses to defend women.

No other demographic is even remotely close to having all this power.

Not anymore lol

uncanny similarities

clearly this guy is fucking joking
why is everyone here so autistic?

Persuasion Update: Clinton Vs. Trump

blog.dilbert.com/post/146605145036/persuasion-update-clinton-vs-trump

There's a few new developments here. Firstly, instead of just shilling for Trump, Scott is really trying to support him.

He was obviously spooked by the latest poll numbers. We don't like to admit weakness, but I was at least a little spooked myself. I live in CA, like Scott, and I'm surrounded by people who hate Trump because he's racist.

I like Scott's advice - maybe Trump doesn't need it to win, but he needs it for a landslide. He has to be perceived as embracing (((diversity))) if he wants to put NY in play.

Oh my god, I couldn't get through a single paragraph of that blog post without running into blatant lies/complete inaccuracies. Every single paragraph has a gross distortion of the truth. This guy is an idiot, either because he's just not very smart, or he's really so into Trump he'll ignore all evidence. I was going to bodyslam his article paragraph by paragraph, but lo and behold, comments on his blog are "temporarily disabled." LOL! How convenient. Only the truly unarmed men can make themselves safer by disarming everyone else.

Could you be more specific

The comments were disabled a few posts back … much to Mr. Adams' disappointment, as he enjoys the debates that take place in them (and messing with his readers' heads by sockpuppeting.)

The reason for the disabling had to do with "racist comments", which was probably due to some of the (very funny) oven humor.

Mr. Adams is well aware that the average normalfag is going to be turned off Trump if they think he's a racist monster who wants to kill six million jews - and this is also the point that he's trying to make in that last post, I think, though because he lacks Trump's persuasion skills and ambition he's doing it slightly wrong.

For my part, I'm going to predict that such a "diversity loving" speech WON'T happen - at least, not in the form Scott describes. A big part of what has gotten Trump this far is NOT reacting to accusations like that, and ESPECIALLY letting "racist" bounce off him. Trump's "drop" in the (((polls))) likely has less to do with people actually preferring Hillary than it does with media manipulation.

Trump is riding a tidal wave of public opinion as the pendulum swings back, and is using that to force the Overton Window exactly where he wants it to be. If Trump is as powerful a persuader as Scott says, why would he merely settle for convincing the public "Trump is not racist", when he COULD be going for "there's nothing wrong with being racist"?

The looney left has done most of the work for him, overusing the word to the point that it's lost most of its power to begin with. The only people who are shocked to be called racist are also shocked by anime boobs and smiling white children.

TLDR; if Hillary's primary tactic becomes "Trump's a racist", Trump will respond by making racism cool.

It's because you are a moron. This blog post describes exactly what is happening. Clinton side has no arguments, all they have is shouting "crazy racist!" and it works for them, because they have an army of shills working for them.
This is an anti-Hillary blog post, but you do need above nigger-tier IQ to see it.

That and being a racist is unironically seen as worse than being a pederast or thief in the current year.

He does need to get in front of this to convince the bluepills to vote for him, however I don't think conciliatory speeches will do the trick. I think he needs to hammer Hillary at the debates for it. Bullycide her rhetoric by continually bringing up that her entire campaign is calling him a racist or sexist. He can spin this to make it seem that the empress has no clothes and that her campaign's the one full of insults rather than his, which is idea-based and solution-based.

Also, Shillary's running an SJW-style campaign, and the media's squarely in the tank for her. A pro-diversity speech would be seen as playing their game, and you NEVER show weakness to these sharks. All they would do is call it fake and roll out David Duke again since you approached the topic.

God Emperor memed way back in 1990?
Jesus, this is all getting a bit too weird now

Here:
bookzz.org/s/?q=Dilbert Future &yearFrom=&yearTo=&language=&extension=&t=0

You could already take most of Britain

Do you know what the number of the competing bill was?

S.Amdt.4859 to S.Amdt.4858
congress.gov/member/john-cornyn/C001056

It's the second one on the page, right beneath this shit
Which was passed with unanimous consent. Toppest of motherfucking keks.

When leftists can't respond to your arguments, they block and ban and chalk it up as a victory.
He allowed them to tear his comment section apart, then he shut it down. They're so far down the rabbit hole they will claim that as a victory, "closing down" a "toxic space" where "abuse flourished".

HE'S USING THEIR OWN TACTICS AGAINST THEM

CONFIRMED FOR LVL.99 MEME WARLOCK

Didn't feminists try editing statements from his blog into his comics, in order to show people "what he is really like"? Ordinary people just agreed with the statements.
At least, I read that over on Holla Forums, where there was also a Dilbert thread recently. Personally I've not properly read any since the 20th century (other than what's been posted on Holla Forums recently). I think I need to change that.

He tweeted recently that "Its basically the job of the president to be bigoted in favor of Americans", making the point that bigotry is different from racism.

I think the left could probably run with that.

You sir, are a gentleman and a scholar.

whadya do user?

moar

Scott Adams does more for our cause in a day than most Holla Forumsack shitposters do in a month

Sort yourselves out, do something of value.

where the fuck have you been
Trump first announced he would try for POTUS in 1988, it was no surprise to Scott Adams or anyone else

Excuse me while I spend the next 25 years of my life creating a nationally-popular syndicated comic and parlaying the resulting fame into punditry.

By then you should have made enough money shillposting to buy that dragon dildo you've had your eye on.

This helps confirm it. During childhood I was avid Dilbert reader, and it was always midly redpilled/pessimistic. Everything came to be confirmed true when I grew up.

Basically he was a Holla Forumsack without a chan to vent all this decades.

Scott Adams is obviously smarter than average.

He simply lacks self confidence, which I never understood well until seeing the perspective he was a Holla Forumsack without imageboards to vent on normies. Maybe Dilbert the comic helped on that.

So Dilbert is a pre-internet Holla Forums comic?

Wew.

you need to be more versed on the laws of power

With less rage and more pessimism in replacement, but essentially yes.

Fix spoons at the ready lads, here they come!

MOAR!
>[popcorn intensifies]*

Hello leftypol

I just remember this from my introduction day when I started my Engineering course.

I'm going to the beginning and going to try and read it all, anything else this guy has done apart from the comics and a few books?

BAN ASSAULT FISTS

I read most of his comics that were on sale here, and re-read.
Basically in a world without internet it analisys logically as heck several political movements and agendas that are pushed by sheer social pressure (like facebook, racemixing etc, today). Simply back then no internet or PCs.

Kinda what we do on Holla Forums but with less cheerleeding. Oh, he also knows cubicle environment very well. The closest character to actual Holla Forums rage is maybe Dogbert.

I don't know his life very well. I simply can tell his personal character (how is the author) from having read and re-read his comics since early age.
Oh also Dilbert social impairments are basically what came later as imageboard dropping spaghetti stories.

simply back then no internet or PCs like today
fix'd, other typos likely, wrote fast, apologies.

naïve or naive

Nieve is snow in Spanish.

I can't recall seeing it user. Did Adams ever let Dilbert's tie drop AKA did he ever get laid?

Based motherfucking Scott Adams!

Still not an argument, and he's right

xkcd.com/505/

Not true. We need you user.

Got a job somewhere else. Lucky to live in a town where so many major engineering firms are located.

Yeah, just once, iirc he had a straight tie to signal that

Damn right.
dailymotion.com/video/x66cla_stone-cold-steve-austin-in-dilbert_sport

So you say dems defeated that competing bill, post a link to it and of course all the losers on here won't even bother to go beyond checking that the link is there. What you posted to shows dems overwhelmingly voting "yea" to it, (along with repubs). Every single one of the 31 "nay" votes except 1 was repub. The vote actually shows that the parties supporting/not supporting it are the exact OPPOSITE of what you claimed! There is no inconsistency in their politics. dems want to keep terrorists from getting weapons to kill americans with. repubs want to let them do it as long as they get to shoot back. good luck with that, america. the only one that wins are the gun manufacturers and the nra pulling in all those membership dollars.
(nice try, but either you're as much a simpleton as the dilbert guy or you were trying to be clever by fooling people into thinking what you said was true. in either case, you're just too stupid to do anything right.)

bumping because people shouldn't walk away from the thread believing the complete lie (and opposite result) of what claimed.

Voting to table an amendment means killing it.
Yes, they voted to kill it, just like said

Oh geez oh man

Do what everyone does and just abuse the free trials at audible.com… with those Vanilla or Green Dot cards.

Just put $5 on a card, register a fake name for a trial, get a free book. Then use the $5 for groceries or whatever. Repeat ad nauseum.

He's written a surprising amount of books.

Fun fact the Dilbert cartoon was greenlit for a second season (he had two half seasons to test out his ideas) but luck would have it, UPN decided to change gears and become an "urban network" (basically a family-friendly BET) so they canceled his show and cut him a measly $80k check for his worries… by the time he considered suing them for breach of contract the company went bankrupt.

Yes, he was fucked over 3 distinct times in his career for being a White guy.

He HAS to be redpilled.

still crossing my fingers for that Dilbert movie he's tried to produce with Jim Gaffigan

Wrong, they voted to table it, which means postpone indefinitely. Yes, it is a popular way to "kill" amendments, but the fact is they put it aside and got to vote on it. Here was the result.

"Cornyn's proposal was killed on a 55-44 vote. It needed 60 votes to advance. And in response to the second gun-control vote, Senate Judiciary Committee Chairman Chuck Grassley (R-Iowa) offered a measure that would provide additional funding for prosecuting felons and fugitives who fail background checks, as well as criminalize straw purchasing and gun trafficking. That measure also failed to advance on a 53-46 vote."

Republicans (and a few gun-happy dems) voted against keeping guns and explosives out of the hands of terrorists (as well as against background checks and other measures designed to make sure dangerous people don't get guns)