blog.mozilla.org/opendesign/now-for-the-fun-part/

Other urls found in this thread:

efukt.com/21627_Mother_Fucking_T_Rex.html
blog.mozilla.org/opendesign/now-were-talking/
blog.mozilla.org/opendesign/design-route-d-protocol/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Who cares

Who even knows what the original logo was

Faggots. Why would they change their logo but not fix their fucking browser if not for normalfag appeal?

admittedly, I do like the impossible M one.

They are literally Holla Forums

no one.
here it is.

efukt.com/21627_Mother_Fucking_T_Rex.html

draw mozilla a better logo Holla Forums

But apparently with worse graphic designers

ez

They hired a bunch of sociology grads on diversity scholarships, and they need to find something for them to do.
Otherwise, they might start bothering the people who are actually trying to fix their fucking browser add more proprietary third-party integrations that nobody asked for.

TL;DR: Designers can't code.

That first yellow one with the eye is fine.

It reminds me too much of CAT.

What's that?

The O looks like a fleshlight

They should ether go back to their classic Mosaic Killer logo (doesn't matter if no one gets the reference anymore) or do an invert version of the eye.

They have to keep those SJWs who can't actually program busy with something, so they just redesign logos.

My favorite is the moz://a one, because it has a giant :/ emoticon in the middle of it, and that describes current Mozilla perfectly.

American company that produces heavy work equipment, like forklifts and cranes and shit like that.

Should be their shitty red dinosaur looking up at the meteorite (Chrome) in the sky coming to make it extinct.

The logo should become Google's, after all there's barely any difference between them, Google, and most modern tech companies.

I was concidering suicide before I watched that video. Now, I'm not considering anymore.

nice

The classic is good. The eye just makes it seem like they aren't shy about spying on users.

Tbh the only logos that are not utter shit are the second one in the OP (which is hipster trash) and the Moz://a one, and those are bad. The current Mozilla logo is just the letters "mozilla" in Fira Sans, which it should keep, if these are the shit ideas they come up with.

The eye one implies they spy on their users, and its color scheme looks like a construction company,
The second one with the weird ass zigzaggy lines implies some kind of ethnic/African association, and it's illegible.
I don't know who's idea the power-on/elevator door button was, but its utter shit, and why they fuck is it the color of the bisexuality flag.
Moz://a is just kind if dumb and uninspired.
The wireframe design makes them look like some kind of shitty 3d printing startup.
The M logo is hipster trash.
And the last one which is some kind of origami shit is just unnecessary and impossible to read.

Whoever "designed" these is in an idiot.

M://
The only candidate on there that isn't complete garbage.

best so far!

The first one isn't the worst, but the eye itself is a creepy and off-putting theme when separated from the dinosaur. I can't help feeling the color scheme and blockiness makes it look like some trendy blog or print media's website too, particularly Buzzfeed but probably others I can't think of.

I swear to fucking god the third one is a rip off of something else too, but I can't place it. I was thinking some Wikimedia logo, or some music service, but I can't find anything similar with the same ass-neon colors. Anyone know? The logo itself looks like its trying to imitate some power socket, which is completely worthless.

Four is a great idea, it has history and fits the brand, but is so painfully boringly and the blue doesn't fit unlike the nice red they currently use on their site. Even when all modern logos use similar sans serif typefaces they all use small unique details to set them apart. This does not.

Two is honestly what I would choose, because it looks modern without being tryhard as fuck like the last three, but it's still not particularly good or worthy of the brand. The last three look like some trendy "science" toy brand, a trendy back-to-school product brand, and a trendy book publisher, respectively.

Refine and modernize the dino part of this (which has since been phased out), just like they did the Firefox logo over time, and it would be literally perfect.

I'm still cringing over the new Uber design.

... Maybe you're thinking of the Napster logo?

The first one reminds me of the Netto logo, must just be a very similar yellow with black text. But I hear you about the 3rd one, at first I though napster but nah.

Turning ideals into ideas? What the fuck does that even mean?

Nope, not Napster.

Say my ideal is a world without black people so I devise ideas to get rid of all black people.

I wonder if they might be able to salvage 4. I agree it's kinda bland, but the concept itself really is fucking great. All the others I just find ugly.

RIP Mozilla

Mozilla confirmed for shit taste.
Yeah, because they're all terrible.

color scheme and block lettering reminds me of dewalt.

early 90s nigger art about aids. appropriate they mention brazil there lel.

shitty attempt at an ayy lmao language from a mobile indie game.

see

the "we want to trick people into thinking we're an internet startup for free money" approach.

intro to graphic design basic as fuck and the icon would look like complete shit.

pic related.

You can't even do much funny with them.

But it's perfect.

Third one reminds me of Allianz bank logo.

That black&yellow one looks like some dystopian sauron's eye shit, you're not making a videogame.

Whoever is doing these is trying too hard.

I'm not a fan of Mozilla, but there's an enormous difference between Mozilla and Google. For a start, Mozilla doesn't use your data to make billions with advertising, and releases everything as (practically) free/open source software.

No, Mozilla only makes millions, primarily because they are incompetent.

Last place you need to allocate resources to.

literally Holla Forums project
also the dino is the best logo don't change it spergs

The yellow one is clearly the most off-putting to normies, so logically we should all pile on support for that to cause the most damage. Punish Mozilla for their narcissism.

Here's mine, r8

Gave it a go.

6/10, needs more color

Attempt #2

remember that Miley Cirus comeback derived from nothing but a scandalous erotic dance?
This is Mozilla trying to do the same kind of attention whoring because their popularity is critically low.

admittedly not

Vote for me!

here is the best new logo that fits mozilla.

blog.mozilla.org/opendesign/now-were-talking/

Well maybe if those fucks didn't spend the past 3 years trying to copy chrome they wouldn't have that problem.

I wish mozilla would stop acting as if the sky is falling, ~17% of the browser market isn't bad, especially for being a mainly word of mouth company. Chrome is google and tries to install itself in install wizards with the barley noticeable "also download and make your default browser" checkbox. It's a tried and true strategy to get retards to install software, and since mozilla will never outspend google they can't ever beat it. Everyone fucking hates mcafree yet it still exists on 90% of windows machines, people actually like google. Why can't mozilla just be content with being the "craft brew" of browsers?

Because it's run by SJW's and SJW's don't give one hot fuck about technology or browsers or video games or movies or whatever the hell else they're into.

They just want money and power.

Cant unsee

damn, the dank trips of naivete

This one looks half-decent, too bad it's not an original idea...

Wasnt there another frame work that used the same general idea for their logo?

Done and done.

While it's true that the old logo's better than anything those CalArts fucks will come up with the old one is a shit and logo changes are a classic PR thing where you try to raise the brand awareness of your organization by reminding people you've been around a while and that you still exist.
It's bound to happen eventually.

is the only right way to do it.

I wonder how much of their scarce funds they spent on the production of these incredibly subpar designs, instead of improving Firefox.

They're all shit. Why don't they just make a normal one? Or better yet, work on their fucking products instead of their appearance first?
It's like they realized what they have to do to become a good company, and did they exact opposite.

Oceanic Air

Let's hope that Mozilla will crash with no survivors.

What's next? They remove GIF of dino munching bugs from Bugzilla search?

It becomes a blinking eye instead.

More like s-jews

my god.

Reminds me of pic related, personally.

AYY HOL UP

I refuse to fly with this airline until they change it

It's from a television show, dingus.

Thunderbird could have been Pterodactyl and made a huge screech on new mail.

I think this is a fork that needs to happen right this second if it hasn't already

Looks more like a ball-gag to me

Time to switch to Brave

AKARI~NNNN

Such a bummer. I used to be such a huge Firefox fanboy but after they canned that CEO for donating to anti-gay groups in the past, Mozilla went to shit in a hurry.

I use IceCat, its nice

I use Waterfox and Pale Moon, for different browsing purposes. What's Icecat like?

Its the superior browsing experience approved by the FSF.

IceCat is great, disregard all haters. I use Dillo sometimes too.

well it is a tragedy since they had a majority share 10 years ago

Here's my shitty logo

I see they are planning to port firefox to TempleOS.

How are they going to cope with no network stack?

Wow, Holla Forums actually made a fucking decent logo!

I expect you people to have a successful career in BASIC programming in less than five years!

By advertising they're the most secure browser.

It's not a coincidence that Claws is the best mail client out there, user.

Holy fuck why the fuck didn't Mozilla do this it's a million times better than the shit they came up with.

That's not neomutt. Nor sylpheed.

It wasn't even a fucking anti-gay group. It was against gay MARRIAGE. Probably due to religious reasons.

People not understanding being against gay marriage doesn't necessarily mean you're against gay people is beyond me.

What about Cyberfox, is that any good? It's what I use.

They should make that yellow 'o' more like a bunghole, to better support LGBT.

Holy shit, that logo is the fucking sex.

Too fun.
It needs to be more profooshonal.
Dinosaurs probably triggered someone

This one isn't bad.
It's also the only good one.
But it's not bad.

blog.mozilla.org/opendesign/design-route-d-protocol/

A lot of that is probably the outbreak of smartphones. When people get an iPhone, it comes with Safari. When people get an Android, it comes with Chrome. As we know from the survival of IE, most people use the default option. It doesn't help that Chrome is advertised on Google. Firefox has no exposure like that.

I don't like Mozilla, but the decline in market share is probably mainly due to more people getting more than one computing device than a shrinking user base.

I'd argue against picking two, while it is a clever design, it breaks the first rule of logo design: Design your logo in black and white first. If it has to be shrunk down to fit onto a monotone fax, it's gonna be indecipherable and look like shit. And even if it's not in monotone, it's gonna be impossible to see any smaller then an inch. I'd go with 3, if they change the color scheme to maybe a red/orange, it could look nice, and variants of it to could lead to some really creative marketing. 4 is really clever but it fails to pop out and catch your eye. 5 through 7 look like dogshit. Though the flag thing they're doing in 5 is clever