King of the Hill

King of the Hill thread. Discuss episodes, characters, and storylines.

Thread theme: youtube.com/watch?v=BbnzBO6odgw

Biggest criticisms for the show:

HE WOULD'VE BEEN A MILLIONAIRE JUST FROM PICKING UP POOP, FOR GOODNESS SAKE! Hate that episode.

KotH has the most adorable waifus

BOGGLE?

Will he ever make sweet love to his old lady again?

I more or less agree.
Only added complaint would be that Lucky was an unneeded character in the later seasons.

SEAKING SEAKING

And what do you think would have happened if he had found out? Assuming Dale in his delicate mental state didn’t just go apeshit and murder Nancy, Joseph, and John Redcorn before killing himself, he’d still probably end up divorcing Nancy. And considering that Nancy’s income is the only thing keeping Dale alive, that probably wouldn’t end up being the best-case scenario either.

If you consider being fat, bald, and suicidal to be stupid reasons not to date him, than yes

What is a sitcom?

Cotton doing a 180 on his relationship with Hank would have been too forced and uncharacteristic. The whole point of Cotton’s character is to show that some people just can’t change; some people would rather die than go against who they are. This is meant to be a contrast to all the other characters on the show, who all go through at least some character development over tge course of the show.

There are more important things than fame and fortune. It is a bit of projecting on Hank’s part, but he doesn’t want Bobby to feel bad about himself, which would be a legitimate concern if this show were written realistically. A real kid who was an overweight middle-schooler with few friends and no real aspirations beyond “muh prop comedy” would have serious self-esteem issues.

I loved this show except for the last season. One thing that really bugged the shit out of me is how they never talk about Khan's mom ever again. She and Bill were happily dating and even had a make up make out session at the end of the episode. Then after that episode, fukken nothing. It's like she never existed, since she's never brought up ever again. Did she dieded?

I suppose they broke up offscreen or something. They should've at least explained it in the next episode, though, even if it were just a one line explanation.

Naked

She went to live in a retirement home while Bill was left single again because muh status quo.

It's about making a plot and drama that actually makes things interesting and fresh. Melancholic repetition of very little changing is dull and boring.

I mean more that he makes one mistake and every relationship he has going on, suddenly ends even if they make up at the end.

Just because every other lame sitcom does this does not mean this show should've fallen into that trap. You can do different things with the genre.

Alright I'll agree that it works to show that some people just don't change but they really could've at least called back to it. Saying that despite all the bonding they've done together that Cotton was still the ass he always was.

I'm just really pissed off at Hank as a father. His insecurities, personal bias, and general foolishness keep Bobby from experiencing everything enough. Even if it hurts his self esteem, Hank would and should at least approve then because it builds character for Bobby to face adversity.

I still say that Dale knew the whole time and exploited it to do whatever the fuck he wanted on Nancy's dime, and to fuck with John Redcorn by being a better Dad than him.

Makes as much sense as Boomhauer being a Ranger the whole time.

People still watch this?

I dont really watch the show anymore, I just play King of the Hill Online

This is my second favorite slice of life after Non Non Biyori.

Why don't we discuss this abortion? nobody ever seems to remember it exists.

Basically Liberal King of the Hill with strawmen as characters.

Asked and answered

Well no, because it's over

sssaLLAD

That's kind of genius, actually.

Anybody here have the shoop of Dale in the KOTH OP logo, with the surrounding text reading "Cuck of the Hill"?

Saw it on Holla Forums a while back. Didn't save it and have been kicking myself ever since.

I have nothing but nostalgia for it. The show is maximum comfiness for me.

Bumping

I rewatched this from start to finish last month, and I've gotta say, the later seasons are stronger than I remember. They're not the best ones by any means, but I was sure the show petered out much more than it actually did. I think I can happily say they ended the show before they completely ran out of ideas, and that is certainly a good thing.

Eh not as good. With King of the Hill they were a parody of conservatives but they were likable characters and felt like real people.Goode family is cringy. Like I knew some people like them in real life but they usually had some level of self respect.