Why don't we watch and discuss videos from the recent HOPE hacker conf?

Why don't we watch and discuss videos from the recent HOPE hacker conf?

To get the ball rolling here's a talk about corporate manipulation of politics and social media: livestream.com/internetsociety2/hopeconf/videos/130609623

Other urls found in this thread:

hope.net/schedule.html),
pdvod.new.livestream.com/events/00000000005904ab/6f938a24-9bcc-49b7-bb23-50cfd91437bd_1756.mp4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Haven't watched any videos yet.
Is this the kind of hacker conference where you see demos of new zero days and reverse engineering of malware, or is it the type of "hacker" conference where they whine about the NSA?

Saved you a click.

the talk is great though and she doesn't shill

writing someone off immediately just because they support someone you don't is SJW

You're looking for blackhat, not HOPE.

Also what you said is extremely bizarre and ignorant.

as someone who writes malware and exploits I only care about actionable intelligence.

jesus why not just go with your company to rsa while you're at it?

no, you want recon. this stuff's important though, even if you don't care

She was saying that she is strongly pro-Clinton because she shat on her so hard.

Judging by their schedule (hope.net/schedule.html), it appears to be the latter with a little bit of SJW sprinkled in.

I was there, it was awesome

minor SJW element, funny to see it up close IRL but mostly typical nerd types

I saw Stallman talk, he got heckled in the short Q&A by open source faggots who were summarily boo'ed pretty hard. A group of us hung around and chatted with him after the talk & I took an elevator ride with him...was a bit surreal tbh

Did he rape you?

Mods please remove this shill thread

rest of that sentence: " but you wouldn't be able to tell that from this talk because I'm pretty upset by the biased behavior."

you're the SJW

Go back to >>>Holla Forums

It's very important to erase all mention of political opinions that conflict with the norm. Someone mentioning that they support Clinton is inexcusable, even in a talk explaining how terrible her social media campaign and the censoring of anti-Clinton and pro-Trump content is. Which other opinions would you like to be added to the crimethink list?

RIDF steroid hacker pls go.

try not to crash any planes on your way to you secrete meeting with Assange and Trump.

and you're telling ME to go back to leftypol? too bad you exposed yourself, SJW. game is up.

take you steroids. putin shill.

Yes, although I did not recognize the act as sex until it was explained to me afterward.

Girls in tech were a mistake

Thanks. Into the trash it goes

The reason she said that is that she bashes Clinton for most of the rest of the talk.

Direct link:
pdvod.new.livestream.com/events/00000000005904ab/6f938a24-9bcc-49b7-bb23-50cfd91437bd_1756.mp4

Tinfoil Holla Forumsnigger BTFO

Remider

This is what happens when you make an on topic thread on Holla Forums

[The Eleventh HOPE] Code of Conduct

HOPE is dedicated to a harassment-free conference experience for everyone. The HOPE series of events are open, inclusive forums for sharing of ideas. HOPE participants include speakers, vendors, makers, tinkerers, families, students, and everyone else wanting to experience HOPE events and be part of the HOPE community.

It is important for participants to step beyond prejudices, societal norms, and other perspectives that lead to disrespect for people and groups. Everyone is welcome at HOPE events, regardless of race, class, gender identity or expression, age, ethnicity, religion, political beliefs, disability, sexual orientation, personal appearance, or education level, text editor choice, and other aspects of who we are.

In short: HOPE is a space for tolerance and respect.

HOPE strongly values free speech. We also value our attendees, and do not want any to feel marginalized or intimidated. We encourage talks that address hard topics. We also encourage everyone to think about how offhand comments they make about others may contribute to making some feel unwelcome in this community.

Vendors are encouraged to promote their products or ideas based on their own merits, not on the appearance of their staff. The HOPE conference staff members are available to provide guidance, and to mediate disputes, should they arise.

HOPE seeks to ensure no attendee is harassed. This includes, but is not limited to: deliberate intimidation, stalking, following, harassing photography or recording, disruption of talks or other events, inappropriate physical contact, or unwelcome sexual attention.

The conference staff reserves the right to eject anyone from the conference at any time. If you are being harassed, notice that someone else is being harassed, or have related concerns, we encourage you to contact a member of conference staff immediately.

You can find information to contact a member of the CoC team either on posters around the conference, or from the information desk.

(If you would like to use this code of conduct for your event or organization, feel free to credit or thank HOPE in whatever manner you wish.)

>It is important for participants to step beyond prejudices, societal norms, and other perspectives that lead to disrespect for people and groups. Everyone is welcome at HOPE events, regardless of race, class, gender identity or expression, age, ethnicity, religion, political beliefs, disability, sexual orientation, personal appearance, or education level, text editor choice, and other aspects of who we are.
Nice.

This doesn't seem too bad. They're willing to joke about it.

looks like Holla Forums left and this is Holla Forums wearing a skin suit

well here's a bunch of off topic shit to derail the thread

You could say that's...
...hillaryous

Please don't ban me ring

RIP in peace Holla Forums

RIP in piss