Kick-Ass Storytime

I dunno how many of you guys have read this. It can be cringey at times now that it's aged (it came out in 2008 and makes mentions of Myspace). But still, it isn't scared to be politically incorrect, and it's far better than the movie.
I think you'll all enjoy it.

First issue over.
It's a relatively short comic, only has eight issues. If you guys like it, I can storytime the sequel, too.

I already like this more than the movie. Thanks for the dump.

Great! I was hoping you guys here would like it.

Do proceed. It's fun to revisit this comic after becoming victim to that shit-fucking awful movie.

Lurkan'

Suddenly, I'm actually invested in the exact same story that I had derided from watching the film.

as in wizardchan?

it brings me back.

I think I'll just dump the rest of what I have tonight.
One of the next issues is kinda bad quality for whatever reason, but should still be readable.
Ah, and if you guys like it enough, I'll dump the sequel tomorrow.

I very much prefer the comic's Hit Girl and Big Daddy to the movie's. I'm sure you all feel the same. It doesn't tip-toe around how fucked up a guy has to be to turn his little girl into a killing machine.

Ack, change of plans. I was downloading a new version of the shit issue I mentioned that's better quality, but looking at the time now that it's downloaded, I'll see you all tomorrow.
It's better this way, anyway. Maybe more anons can get interested that will be on tomorrow that weren't here now.

Smart move. This was the only thing I was staying up for.
Appreciate the dump.

Goodnight user, sweet dreams.

Millar, you know you belong in the edgy thread. Don't pretend you can write a story.

How the fuck did Millar get a movie before the series was even out?

Wasn't trying to be edgy by saying that, and I think this is like the one comic of his that I know of, so I haven't got a clouded judgement.
It's just kind of nice to go back to a series where a teenage boy has the vocab of a teenage boy, with the kind of crap going on in comics today.

There's an ad for the movie at the end of this issue, weirdly enough.

And that's it!
Cringey at parts, but still a better story than the movie.

Confirmed cuck faggot.

As someone who liked the first movie, it's not hard to see why people would prefer the comic. It's at least upfront about the ridiculousness of the premise and rolls with it. The movie added in the usual Hollywood concessions.

He preemptively sold the film rights if I recall correctly. It's probably how he's able to pay the talent that works on his books.

How could Dave be a cuck when he never had a chance?

Did JRjr completely forget how to draw teenagers in the years since Daredevil? He draws heads on them like Peanuts characters. Did his dad never sit down with him and tell him about body proportions? Never gave him a copy of How To Draw Comics The Marvel Way? I thought they covered it pretty well in there.

And why did they change Big Daddy to Bat Daddy?

Preemptively sold the film rights? And how did he swing that deal? Why don't other writers, more recognised, more skilled writers do this? Why couldn't Grant Morrison sell the Invisibles TV series, or Jack Kirby sell Captain Victory as a movie, or Silver Star as a series, or Frank Miller get his Daredevil script made?

Urgh, fucking edgelord Millar must be one hell of a cocksucker. EDGELORD COCKMASTER.

More like Cuck Ass

What is your issue, man? Did Millar fuck your mom or something? Did he molest you when you were eight? Calm your tits, faggot.

Even though it was cringy at times, I stilled enjoyed the shit out of it.
Hope you can story time the sequel.

Meh. Lowbrow edge is almost refreshing in an industry plagued by liberal thought-police.

lol no wonder you have no sex life or friends

You're here with all of us. You're no better than he is.

Knowing I triggered you just because I don't go into a rage over an author who isn't even bad by modern comic standards when stuff like Mockingbird exists, I'll trigger you further and storytime the sequel when I get back from work in a few hours.

There's also a Hit-Girl spinoff I may storytime too.

It's just severe autism.

I honestly believe these "edgy" posters have such dim brains that they cannot understand a comic that actually has a plot with characters that do something other than repeat the same 4 lines.

We should pity these poor autists, they know not how crap they are.

stay triggered bitchboy ;)

Holy shit, the quality fucking dropped hard in these recent comics.

I cordially invite you to read Nemesis and/or The Unfunnies, also written by Millar.

I don't know wether to laugh, cry, vomit or track down Mark Millar and strangle him with my bare hands.

I know he's probably a shit writer, but that doesn't mean we can't enjoy this, especially when it's better than modern comics and better than the movie equivalent.

You're going to have to tell me how, because I can't tell the difference.

DAMMIT

Don't tell me you're the autist that's been splerging and ruining the board? I wouldn't be surprised, considering you love Mockingbird and the shitty Harley Quinn comics.

And anyway, the worst this comic has going for it is that it's got cringey dialogue based on too much swearing.
But I wouldn't say that's entirely negative, because it suits what the comic is. A comic about a dumbass teenage boy. He sounds exactly as he should sound.

Amen. He even loses to a nigger.

So is anyone going to upload the next issue?

Honestly, I forgot that I hadn't finished storytiming.

Alright, that's the last of Kick-Ass 2!
I don't think Kick-Ass 3 is out yet. There is a Hit Girl spin-off that takes place between 1 and 2, but I haven't found that one yet.

damn, well thanks anyway

That was fun! Thank you.

what the fuck did i just read???

wut?

wat

The Hit-Girl spinoff is book two.

It only says Book 3 because of the Hit-Girl spinoffs. Threw me through a loop when I first saw it, too.
But it's still called Kick-Ass 2.

I googled and apparently I was way wrong. Dunno where I remembered seeing that it wasn't out yet, must have been outdated.
Find it and storytime it if you'd like.

Nemesis is better than Kick-Ass.

Being kicked in the balls is better than either.