Why are people here so dumb? The other day I posted this and not a single person got this right...

Why are people here so dumb? The other day I posted this and not a single person got this right. Why should this place be allowed to choose elections?

I don't believe you

Holy shit this is easy, you got some idiot friends OP.
also:

Wrong, it's 15

Applejuice = 10
Burger = 5
Beer = 2
5+2*10 = 5+20 = 25

If each bottle is worth 10, each burger is worth 5, and each mug worth 1, then it would be 16.

where does applejuice come in glass bottles? i thought it was light beer.

b8

yurop

You niggers are retarded. It's 15
A+A+A=30
A=10
A+B+B=20
A=10, B=5
B+2C+2C=9
B=5 C=1
B+C*A = 5+1*10 = 15

Wrong, it's 25 retard.

Holla Forums is a retard. Ratards need love.

This user is right….

Bottle = 10
Burger = 5
Beer = 2

5+2x10 = 7x10 = 70

we should decide elections because we are more politically aware than normalfags

user beer is 1 otherwise your math don't work

Why don't you have a look at the picture again.

Shit, forgot orders of operations, it's 25.

Shit yeah, I missed the * in the equation.

It's 60 you dumbfags. bottle is ten, burger is 5, double mugs is 2, single mug is one.

Well spotted but you are forgetting order of operations, it's 1x10 + 5 = 15

Okay, it is actually 15. 5+1x10

One solution to this equation is 1/10. Find all other solutions to decide the fate of pedos on Holla Forums.

It is an ambiguous equation, would not be allowed. Also, it is a test of visual acuity and cognition, since the final multiplication symbol (x) and the overlapping beers could easily be overlooked or confused.
Also, tester is obligated to put algebra questions in algebraic notation. The question would be thrown out.
Is (beerbeer) (beer x beer) or (beer+beer)
or is it (beer/beer) ? It is unclear.
Is it
bottle=10,
burger=5,
bottle=1
bottlebottle=2 ?

Am I missing something?

Is it (5 + 1) x 10 = 60 ?
is it 5 + (1X10) = 50 ? Or,
There is no such thing as
5 +1 x 10 or (5+1x10)

Therefore, any conclusions about the students that might be drawn from responses are not valid. Sorry.

There is only 1 beer in the last one, autists.

I didn't see that there were 4 on the line above it actually. But then it brings to the question are the two bears overlapping being multiplied or added? If it were written like an algebra equation and they were just variables with no signs between them it would be assumed they were multiplied by each other, in which case it be root2.

Notice that in the last set, there is only 1 beer mug instead of the two in the third set. All normiebook "puzzles" have some sort of similar retarded "twist."

go back to facebook op.

10+10+10 = 30
10+5+5 = 20
5+2+2 = 9
5x1x10 = 50

Anyone who doesn't say 50 has a very low IQ…

Actually, I just noticed that it was + X and not X X

5+1x10 so it's 16.

15*

sheesh. what a bad thread to make a typo in, now everyone is going to make fun of me.

15 if using PEMDAS

now we're casting spells? fantastic

no we're doing math!

All the algebra shit is just to make the problem seem more complicated than it really is. This is the only problem that matters, and the only room for ambiguity (as well as the only room for ambiguity on the other 50 /sci/-baiting images that use this same gimmick) is pemdas, and therefor whether you're from burgerland or not.

ITT: retards struggling with 6th grade level maths

we have top men working on it

MEN

Europe

It's pee.

Explain your math.

Bait and YuroPoors

Wait wait wait wait, why is the beer more expensive when it's bottled?

The equation is 5 + 1 X 10 =
the answer is obvious. First you multiply the 1 and 10, getting ten, and then add five to the 10. Therefore the answer is 15.

because you're buying the glass bottle and get to take it home, I guess

How do you get 1?

5 + 2x + 2x = 9
You subtract five from both sides.
2x + 2x = 4
You add both 2x's
4x = 4
Divide both sides by four
x = 1
Therefore, the beer equals one. There are two beers if you're wondering where the two came from.

bait or stupid.
Your not trying to find what X equals. In any equation where it doesn't specify otherwise, X is always 1. You could write it 5A+2G+2V=9L and it still would make no sense to try and find the variables because they all equal 1.

I'll lay out each equation
x + x + x = 30
Add all three variables together
3x = 30
Divide 3 from both sides
x = 10
In the next problem we know x = 10
10 + z + z = 20
Subtract 10 from both sides
z + z = 10
Add like variables
2z = 10
Divide 2 from both sides
z = 5
We now know z = 5
5 + 2y + 2y = 9
Subtract 5 from both sides
2y + 2y = 4
Add like variables
4y = 4
Divide 4 from both sides
y = 1
So, ultimately, the question now is
5 + 1 * 10 = c
Order of operations dictates that you must multiply first.
5 + 10 = c
Now add 5 + 10
15 = c
Therefore the answer is c = 15

there is one beer, one burger and one fucking refill.

No, the equation is 5 + 2(1) + 2(1) = 9

Why was everything only a variable until the last one?
Then it becomes
Nice fucking bait, you actually made me think

Yea, but you used the 1 later on, instead of using the 2 like you should have

Except there are two beers and then only one beer. If you wish to make two beers meaning 2, which it doesn't it's really just 2(1), then the equation for the last problem will be:
5 + 2/2 + 2/2 = c

You use what you know to get the answer.
2(x * 10) + 29 - 5 = 3x
If x = 50 solve the problem.

Oops, it's 5 + 2/2 * 10

If you got 15, allow me to explain why you're wrong.
The equation is burger+beer *bottle = ?. The first problem is bottle+bottle+bottle=30, and since there are 3 bottles you divide 30 by three making each bottle 10. The 2nd equation is bottle+burger+burger=20, since bottles are 10 you subtract 10 from 20, leaving 20 and divide it by 2 making burgers 5. THE MOST IMPORTANT PART is the 3rd equation. The equation is burger+beer(x)+beer(x)=9. You subtract burger from 9, making it beer(x)+beer(x)=4, X = 1, making it beer+beer=4, 4/2 = 2 so beer = 2.
Going back to he first equation we know that bottle = 10, burger = 5, bottle = 2, but X = 1. The equation is burger+beer*bottle, not fucking burger+X*bottle. So you use beer=2 not X=1. The equation is 5+2*10, not 5+1*10.

See

should be

Wrong, there is only one beer in the final equation. two beers =/= one beer. Therefore, if two beers equals 2 then logically one beer will only equal 1.

2 beers = 4

If you got anything other than 15, you're wrong and you are retarded.

Explain

So 5 + 4 + 4 = 9

60? Or 70?

Explain your math.

In the 3rd equation there are 2 beers, each one is worth 2. 2+2=4
burger+beer(2)+beer(2) isn't even the correct equation. It is burger+beer(1)+beer(1)=9, which can be restated as 5+2+2=9, and simplified even further to 5+4=9. If you think that beers = 1 then you are saying that 5+2=9. If you think that it's 5+2(2)+2(2)=9 then you're just stupid

3b = 30
3b/3 = 30/3
b = 10

10 + 2c = 20
2c = 20 - 10
2c/2 = 10/2
c = 5

5 + 4d = 9
4d = 9 - 5
4d = 4
4d/4 = 4/4
d = 1

b = 10; c = 5; d = 1

c + d x b = y
5 + 1 x 10 = y
50 = y

Therefore:
y = 50
That was simple.

Oh wait…
sorry, user

wat

Order of operations
PEMDAS
Also known as "Please excuse my deer aunt sally"
Parenthesis > Exponents > Multiplication and Division (from left to right, so 10/5*2 you would do the division first then the multiplication however if it was 5/5 + 6*10 you would multiply first) and finally multiplication and subtraction from left to right.
Therefore in the equation 5 + 1 x 10 = y the order of operation would be:
5 + 1 x 10 = y
Multiply 1 by 10
5 + 10 = y
Add 5 to 10
15 = y

Lol you go do far correctly, yet you fuck it up at the end with simplist rule if math

It's multiplication before addition, doofes

Shit your right.
1x10 = 10
10 + 5 = 15
y = 15

x+x+x=30
x=10

10+y+y=20
y=5

5+z(z)+z(z)=9
z(z)+z(z)=4
2[(z)z]=4
(z)z=2
z=root2=/=1.4

5+1.4(10)=
5+14=19

In the absence of a sign I'm going to assume that the two undetermined signs are multiplied rather than added like anyone who's taken highschool algebra knows to do.

No.

The price is literally 10 times more than a tall glass of beer so I'm calling bullshit, the only way to explain this is if they have a huge glass shortage

It's 70 you cocksuckers.

Fuck you pussyfucker

10 + 10 + 10 = 30

10 + 5 + 5 = 20

5 + 2 + 2 = 9

5 + 2 x 10 = 25

It's easy BAKA
It can be really hard but only if you use Common Core

If you're treating them the same as algebraic variables it only makes sense to be consistent. If it was:
Y+ZZ+ZZ
would you assume that you add the Zs? No.

That's why it's such a hard problem to solve, because there is no certainty.

Took me ten seconds to work this out without looking at the thread:

x+x+x=30 x=10
x+y+y=20 y=5
y+z+z=9 z=2

So, x+y+z=17

Disregard post. I just saw the two beer/one beer thing.

You should read the thread. The whole thread.

10 + 10 + 10 = 30

10 + 5 + 5 = 20

5 + 2 + 2 = 9

5 + 1 x 10 = 15

Fine then OP
You successfully fooled me this time
You win a suggestive no panties boob-shot

I don't think you can really solve it, you just interpret it and arrive at a conclusion. I just feel my interpretation is the most logically consistent.

Alright, here goes:

treat two beers as a multiplication, ie x*x

x=10
y=5
y+2(z*z)=9
2(z*z)=4
z=sqrt(2)
x+y+z=15+sqrt(2)

Well logically you can't multiply a beer with another beer, you can only double it. A beer is not a numerical value, so this attribute must be carried when being expressed as a variable. Rather than zz it should be 2z.

You can't be a pre-teen all your life

Well two hamburgers don't make a mug of beer either. You're suspending the physical properties of the things and treating them as symbols to get anywhere in the problem.

and you shouldn't be stuck on large, motherly tits like a baby your whole life

I meant that even Cirno grows up eventually

No, but when you make these symbols represent their value in a store then it should make sense.

While there is no right answer I believe the most probable answer would be 15.

So if the symbol then represents their value in a store then why can't you multiply the value of a beer and the value of a beer? Why does the last line of the problem where you multiply the value of a mug of a beer and a bottle beer make more sense?

she's a fairy, I don't think they grow much

nice nines

Bottle = 10
Burger = 5
Mug = 1

The question basically boils down to whether you use use pemdas or just straight up read it from left to right.

You either do 5 + (1 x 10) which is 15
or (5 + 1) x 10 which is 60

There are no other right answers…

Well if a store worked like this:
5 + z^2 + z^2 = 9
It wouldn't really be a good store.

it's obviously 16

10 + 10 + 10 = 30
10 + 5 + 5 = 20
5 + 4x = 9 (9-5= 4… 4/4=1)
x=1

so 5 + (1*10)

Where do you get the parenthesis? There are no parenthesis in the
z + x * y = ?

I don't understand why that addresses my point.

Cirno is fucking awful & so are the british.

Here in german schools they always teach us to do multiplications first. You add the parenthesis yourself.

and I just realized that I made a mistake, should be 15 not 16. I caluclated 5+1+10 instead of 5+(1*10).

I'm pretty sure that mug with the mug raised is supposed to be an exponent, so:
bottle = 10
burger = 5
and for the mug, x^x = 2, so mug ~= 1.56
so the answer to the last problem is 5 + 1.56 * 10 = 20.6

who said I'm british, fuckwad?

I did, now fite me fucker

z(z) would logically be z to the power of 2. Therefore z^2. A store wouldn't sell you a beer and then multiply the value of the beer by the value of a beer to get the value. It would be a complete rip off.
To visualize it imagine you went to the store and ordered two beers. A single beer costs $6. The total sum of the two beers is $36. That isn't right, it should be $12. However, this store works by multiplying the amount again and again. So $6^2.

x(x) = x^2
It does not equal x^x. The x is being multiplied by itself.

I know, but it's not two beers next to each other, it's two beers with one raised above the other one as a superscript, indicating an exponent you blind piece of shit

I'm going to kill you.

come on over here m8

Like the jews did to hitler because he was right?

Oh you just fucking wait. Lemme just skin a gator from my backyard & then I'm coming up there. Expect me in 5 months time with a shipment of cotton & an alligator leather boot to be sent right up your ass.

so then, the
5 + sqrt(2) * 10 = 19.1421356

Ever heard of depth, nigger?

Shit I did my math wrong. Two beers actually cost $46,656

Ok but then how do you explain the last line? What does a mug of beer x a bottled bear mean?
That's actually a good point that hadn't occurred to me. Another valid interpretation.

Wait no, scratch that, I was right the first time.

I really can't explain that one.
$5 + $1 * $10 = ?
I see no logical path to explain this. Using reductive reasoning the answer will be that this equation is bullshit. The answer will either lie on whether the beer is beer(beer) or beer^beer. 15 is the wrong answer.

One solution to the problem of whether it is beer(beer) or beer^beer is that it is actually beer(beer). My reasoning is that if you look closely you can observe that the upper two beers are actually smaller than the one in the bottom. You could then assume that the two beers are ever so lightly smaller in value than the bottom one and vice versa. However that would most likely not be the case. Instead I purpose that the two upper beers are not an exponent pear but instead it is just artistic depth. If it was the case that it was an exponent then you must concede to the fact that both the beers are smaller than the bottom beer.

My thoughts on the problem

There are 4 variables.

beer = x
hamburger = y
mug = z
mug combo = n

No, you're wrong, just because the size of the number in an exponent is smaller doesn't mean it has a lesser value.

If you were to believe that beer^beer then you would have to submit to the fact that it could also simply be artistic depth. In the line of logic of beer^beer you would have to take everything into account. If you were assume that the beer in the back is not just a way of showing depth then you would have to also logically conclude that the size of a single one of the two mugs is smaller than the one in the bottom. The line of thought is removing artistic illusions is instead relying on cold hard facts.

No, I am saying that the size of the two mugs relative to the first one is irrelevant, as the size of a number or symbol is irrelevant you dumdum

25, mothafaka

Saying that a picture of 2 mugs is just double the value of a picture of one mug is like saying 8 equals double 0 since it's just two zeros stacked.

One mug and 2 mugs are separate symbols. Not solvable.

it's 15.
((5+(1x10)) = 15

I'm pretty sure that's just an aesthetic decision, so to not use more than 4 columns for the image.

So you just go around making decisions based on aesthetics when you're presenting math problems? Madman.

Sorry, Mr Autist. Some of us understand what's implied instead of interepreting everything in a literal way.

10 + 10 + 10 = 30
10 + 5 + 5 = 20
5 + (1+1) + (1+1) = 9
(5+(1x10)) = 15

It's not really literal it's mathematical expressions.

OP it's 25

You are dense

beer bottle = 30 / 3 = 10
2 x hamburger + beer bottle = 20 therefore hamburger = 5
hamburger + (2 x beer mug) = 9 therefore beer mug = 2
5 + (2 x 10) = 25

I'm probably a little denser than the average person because I'm pretty skinny and have strong bones but I don't see what that has to do with anything.

okay, i loled

ORDER OF OPERATIONS
MULTIPLY BEFORE YOU ADD

A+A+A=30
Ax3=30
A=10

A+B+B=20
10+B+B=20
10+B2=20
B2=10
B=5

B+C+C=9
5+C2=9
C2=4
C=2

B+CxA
5+2x10
5+20

IF YOU FUCK UP THE ORDER OF OPERATIONS IT'S 70

Undefined. The image of two mugs is defined as 2. The image of a single mug has no definition. It could just as easily be infinity as 1.

The stacked mugs are a stupid trick.

Actually, there isn't enough data to determine what ? equals, since stacked mugs are a different symbol than singular mugs. I mean four can't be represented by 22.

70?

but PEMDAS says you multiply before you add you illiterate fuck so its 25

3a = 30
a + 2b = 20
b + 4c = 9

a = 30/3 = 10
b = (20-10)/2 = 5
c = (9-5)/4 = 1

b + c * a = solution
5 + 1 * 10 = 60

erm, 15. Whatever, PEMDAS is for high school graduates anyway…

piss bottle = 10
hamburger = 5
beer mug = 1

5 + 1 x 10
5 + 10

Unsolvable, there are four unknown variables and only four equations.

You can't assume one symbol is half of another symbol without any equation stating such.

We would need one more equation to solve this.

the beer mug = 2
5 + 1 + 1 = 7
not 9

the answer is obviously 17

got it wrong myself too, last one isn't + but x
7x10, obviously it's 70

beer mug = 1

there's two beer mugs there twice, retard.

the solution is 60 then, still not 15
nigger

thats wrong you turbo faggot

You have to take into account that the last burger has cheddar cheese, the other 3 have american. They never tell you the value of cheddar cheese, therefore this problem is unsolvable.

What do I win?

The answer is Ask an Asian

Soda = 10
Hamburger = 5
Beers = 2
Assuming the usual order of operations, the last value is 5 + (2 * 10) = 25

Oh there's a single beer in the last line, not 2 beers. So assuming single beer = 1, the answer is 15.

Does 1*10 come out to 20 in your universe?

25 you fucking idiots
multiply first (that's a rule), then ad the burger (5)
2x10=20
20+5=25

wait a minute, wtf is going on with those beers behind the beers? Is that part of it?

it is 25 if you don't count the beers behind the beers though.
fuck, didn't even notice

Because they can and people will pay it.

BURGER 5
JUICE 10
BEER 1

POINTLESS THREAD IS POINTLESS

they give an extra complimentary beer for each beer you buy, must be.

it's 60

What is the average IQ of your population?

Bottle 10

Burger 5

Beer 1

5+1 * 10=60

Multiplication before addition you faggot!

fuck dysnomia then, someone will get doxed soon.I tell you.

I would imagine typing out bans for pedoshit gets tiring.

if it's pedo shit at least he should write a reason, the no reason thing does not make him cool, it only make him shit tier Holla Forums hotpocket.

The answer is 60 you fucking idiots.

Get outta here!

True, the W.T snacks era has ended, I know alot have a snacks fetish but every era has it's background, this site traffic is one that fled from "strict moderation" and this was to be the promised land where you can say whatever the fuck you want without being banned, then why on hell doesn't the mods understand the background of the site traffic and act smart for once?

x1=10
x2=5
x3=2
x1+x2+x3=?
10+5+2=17

It's 17 you fucks

never mind, I just realized that x3 would be 1 on the last one because its half so the answer is 15.

10+10+10=30
10+5+5+20
5+2+2=9
5+(2*10)=25

try again

They are shown as a quantity of 2, otherwise they would be next to each other.
So it's 2Mug not Mug^2.
But if it was Mug^2 the end result would be ~19

Fuck, I didn't catch but I did catch the filename, you sneaker son of a nigger's second whore with a flaming lightbulb up his fuckin slut ass on a friday's KFC run in downtown Detriot with nigger rap blasting out those busted Impala speakers with the beat so dirty it makes an Indian look like Mr. Clean.

10+10+10=30
10+5+5=20
5+((1+1)+(1+1))=9
5+(1*10)=15

OP, I want you to go choke on a shotgun, you nigger faggot raghead turbo kike.

are you all fucking retarded? It's 15

But that doesn't change that two mugs stacked on top of each othet are an entirely different symbol than one mug.

ITS 60. ARE YOU PEOPLE ALL RETARDED OR SOMETHING?

faggot

shit.
fuck
check mein dubs though

i is an idiot

5 + 1 x 10 = 5 + (1 x 10) = 5 + 10 = 15

unsolvable, we don't know what the value of the single beer is. Nice trick, m90

Holy shit you newfag.

it's 24 you stupid fuck

Why would a bottle be that much more than a pint? Get out.

you can't multiply by a bottle

this

ITT everyone overlooking