Google is working on its own Linux competitor

Google is working on its own Linux competitor.

archive.is/Pb14i

It's now botnet down to the core.

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/fuchsia-mirror/fortune/blob/master/fortune.c
archive.is/Pb14i
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Why does Google think they have any hope of accomplishing this?

It's a FOSS operating system that goes where Linux can't conveniently go. I don't see the problem.

back to gook/g/ you go

CAN'T MAKE THIS SHIT UP

No, it's for AR devices.

It'll probably get forgotten quickly.

you best believe it's the real deal, fam

This

There's no shortage of forgotten OSes that never went anywhere.

It's an OS for AR devices.
It's not meant to be a "Linux competitor."
OP is just a fucking retard.
The vast majority of machines that run Linux have no need for a RTOS.

This
You fucking retards think anything someone makes is a competitor
This is a RTOS, not even for the same tasks as Linux. Its probably going to bo for AR or maybe even cars

you can't possibly be this daft
AR might be the primary motive but it's also a golden opportunity to send Android to the dustbin of tech history

Who said a switch of OS meant they were going to be seperate?
You are retarded.

They have to deal with fundamental design decisions made before they got involved. They can't just stop using Java.

They could. They have native support and they could release new languages like Apple does and devs would gradually switch away from Java. Instead, the best they come up with is Go which is still laggier than Swift as Google AGAIN goes with garbage collection. They're hopeless.

To preserve compatibility that other language would still have to run on the JVM. You're tied to the JVM more than you're tied to Java. A transition from Objective C to Swift is different.

I have code written against the NDK that is C++ with only a razor-thin layer for Java interop that runs in its own thread. The impact from Java there is negligible. There's no reason they couldn't standardize that kind of path forward with a new reference counted language and hide the details under the hood, Google just lacks the talent and leadership.

This is not for AR, it's for IoT, embedded systems.

stop posting anytime

Jewgle wants to make the Internet of thangz a reality you can't escape from.

Yay, google cares about us.

You're hilarious user, have you considered doing standup comedy?

Kek, nice, it'll be funny to see how Linuxtards react when Googles new non-Linux kernel based Android overtakes Linux-based Android and Linux is no longer the top kernel

Please get some reading comprehensions skills before posting or go the fuck back to >>>/g/

WE WUZ THANGZ

That's not the real logo is it? That can't be the real logo.

It looks like a poisonous, malevolent creature hanging from the ceiling.

Those who don't understand UNIX are condemned to reinvent it, poorly.

So far, that is literally what they're doing.

github.com/fuchsia-mirror/fortune/blob/master/fortune.c

Google's not going to be able to pull this off, it smells like another of their failed projects from a mile away.

wow, system locked down to it's core

even the fortunes are builtin

Since Snow-Dahn Linux is fucked by every intelligence agency in the world. Random, SSL, TCP is fubar.

Why would anyone even consider using this? It seems like the most direct link to the botnet thats possible.

Normalfags.

truly revolutionary design

also
Yeah, no.

>archive.is/Pb14i

is this nigga serious?

You think their new OS is for AR you're saying?

Linux is a large kernel. It's suitable for computing as "lightweight" as smartphones, but it's not good for everything. There is a range of computers that's powerful enough to run an operating system but not powerful enough to comfortably run Linux.

If you see Linux as lightweight you're probably taking the kernel and the userland together and comparing it to Windows. That comparison is irrelevant when you're talking about car dashboards.

This is not a criticism of Linux, it's an explanation of its limits. To get better in this area it would have to get worse in others.

You don't need to compile in all of those large parts, though. Linux can be stripped down pretty far.

Is there any use for IoT if its privacy is a problem?

Privacy and security are not incompatible with the vague idea of "Internet of Things". But it's still in the bullshit buzzword phase.

I would say yes. If you can properly lock down IOT systems, it's pretty damn convenient to have shit handle itself. I'm just not in the business of selling my freedom for convenience.