Favorite Holla Forums artists

What are some of your favorite comic book artists?

You know, those which'll get you hooked on a comic series just for their visuals, no matter how shit the script is.

I personally really like Kenneth Rocafort.
His art keeps the messiness of sketch work, but still looks clean.

Also love Jim Lee. His lighting work is amazing.

Carlos Ezquerra, due to his barroque-esque style that brought Judge Dredd and Strontium Dog to life

Simon Bisley and his debut on ABC Warriors book 2, and he draws a pretty good Lobo

Also Kevin O'Neill and his work on Marshall Law and Nemesis the Warlock

maybe it's because I'm a fucking dirty conformist who's used to modern comics, but I just can't enjoy the style of the first pic…
but that's partially because of the coloring, so maybe it's not entirely Carlos' fault.

Nevermind, that's Mick McMahon, another one of 2000AD's old guard
His style is quite unusual compared to the other 2000AD artists

Gurihiru.
Not sure what it is but it's like seeing stills from a well animated cartoon.

yeah. it's the simplistic shading that gives it this effect.
it's quite pleasing.

whats Rocafort working on right now?

teen titans, the ultimates and a zillion covers

It's cute, too cute. I really enjoy Gwenpool. I thought I was going to be another bullshit progressive screed on the evils of the white man, and instead I was pleasantly surprised that it was fun. The art is perfect for the story and sets a bubble gum pop story that plays to the writing so well. It feels like a comic book. Not some edgy over the top retardation, or some polemic aimed at social signaling.

That dollar sign bit is pretty much the only funny thing to come out of Gwenpool.

Guruhiru is totally wasted on that shitshow of a series.

I wanted to grow up to be Jim Lee, but I think my style needs to move toward a more Cooke and Timm influence. Mostly because I want a sleeker, faster style so I can draw faster. But guys like Jim Lee and J. Scott Campbell defined the 90s for me.

Gwenpool is the only Marvel book I might actually keep picking up, and Gurihiru is a large part of that. I want to pick up the Power Pack stuff he did later.

I really like the way Terry and Rachel Dodson work together, especially when it's drawing pinup stuff. They're fantastic. Other than that, I really like Humberto Ramos, although his stuff looks a little stylized, so it might not be for everyone. I can't forget Amanda Conner or Sana Takeda either. And Joe Mad.

Damn, when was the last time Joe Mad did anything? I remember waiting months and months for Battle Chasers. Last thing I know of him doing was that awful Ultimatum story by Jeph "totally insane" Loeb.

Has Sana Takeda done anything lately? I haven't seen her art pop up in a while.

Oh man. Almost forgot about Barbucci.

His stuff is fucking amazing.
Cartoon-y, yet detailed.
Also, women

He does those? I don't read The Ultimates since I have no interest in any of the characters, but these covers are really nice.

Last thing I heard Sana was working on a comic called Monstress. It's really pretty.

I don't have one.

I pay more attention to the story.

Whtas Canepa doing?

is Skydoll 4 still coming out?

Frank Cho due to how well he knows anatomy and is not afraid to draw hot women. He is also not afraid of anyone.
Juanjo Guarnido is excellent all around, but his ability to flawlessly handle light and shadow especially stands out.

Good tastes.
I hope that Barbucci will strop being a cock tease and show full picture that he only posted bits of over last few weeks.

It seems that Skydoll 4 came out in French last month.

I don't have as many comics under my belt as I'd like to, but so far I'd say my favorites have got to be Bruce Timm, Greg Ruth, and Cary Nord.
Three entirely different types of art, but I love them all. Here's some pages from Black Horse's Conan. Bruce Timm, Greg Ruth, and Cary Nord, in that order.

Speaking of not being afraid to draw hot women: the Benes siblings are Shitlords Paramount.

And I love them for it.

I don't know if this counts, but it's the best thing flash ever made

2000AD's old guard was the best

Moebius, Jack Kirby, Kevin J. Taylor, Vaughn Bode, Jaimie Hernandez.

I fucking love Tradd Moore. That guy can draw stylish violence like no other. Everything he does feels like it has weight and kinetic energy. When Luther or Ghost Rider fuck someone up, you can feel that they've been properly fucked up.

Man, this is exactly how I wish I could draw action scenes.

then why not just read books?

The Luther Strode trilogy is well worth reading if you like stuff like Riki-Oh, Fist of the North Star or Grappler Baki because it's very much in that mold.

Also Petra is a 10/10 waifu.

I honestly don't see a problem with this kind of art style, don't know why some people are against it.

i admire alex ross's work. There was always a sense of grandiosity to it and it just felt real. It really did feel integral to the story with something like Kingdom come.

I fucking love Art Adams, I should hunt down more of his work.

Darwyn Cooke is one of my all time favs, his style had an awesome retro feel to it that no other artist has managed to capture.

there are a lot artists here that are really good, and I recognize the styes.
I dont really follow artists so much but there are a few I know because they are REALLY different and REALLY good like mike mignola
have some of his stuff that isnt his typical stuff, some of this is really good, and others not so much, I think thor kinda looks like shit especially