linux-mag.com/id/2207/
metacpan.org/pod/Zoidberg
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

what the fuck is wrong with people to make such abonimations with hipster shit

neat. 🙆

chill user

What exactly got you triggered?

There is nothing wrong with Wayland.

Rust is a bit odd, but not bad. Window managers get written in everything from C to Python to Emacs Lisp.

Electron for a statusbar is fucking horrifying.

Eh, ok.

based
BASED

sway is the only wayland wm that matters.

I'm not saying Rust is bad, but I fear they will sooner or later fuck up the language _after_ it has reached a critical mass. I just don't trust those SJWs maintaining Rust.

People do this shit because they have no original ideas of their own but they want to be famous. They buy into this cult mentality that random crap needs to be rewritten in rust for some vague undefined reason because they want to convince themselves and other people that their pet projects have real value.

If you ever go to the comments section on hackernews or plebbit's r/programming, there's usually some faggot evangelizing rust every time somebody posts an article about something that was written in C.

You niggers are fucking retarded.

As for Rust, research like Cyclone and Rust as a language is a reason to get excited.
Because it gets rid of the #1 cause of vulnerabilities across the ecosystem.
Manual memory management is in a pitiful state, and anything that helps reduce the scope of unsafe code is something to get excited over.

But of course, I guess I shouldn't expect Holla Forums to understand this.
Where retards spout off about "hipster shit" because they don't like thing, where their foremost accomplishment in the last year was copying and pasting someone else's fizzbuzz, and not actually writing projects to learn.

calm your autism user

I feel your pain. Here, have a Perl WM for X.
sourceforge.net/projects/perlwm/
perlwm.sourceforge.net/
It's not completely finished, but could be fun to hack on. Also, something to integrate with perlsh or Zoidberg.
linux-mag.com/id/2207/
metacpan.org/pod/Zoidberg

C++ had automatic memory management since quite a while

Rust is gonna become a new PHP - shit language with zero thought or plan behind it everyone uses because

Reminds me of TWM.

Rust is fine as a research language, but Mozilla is pushing it as a pragmatic language for real work. That's just insane.

C++ memory management is not fucking automatic
Are you the same autist rambling about smart pointers that gets blown the fuck out every thread we have this discussion?

What's "insane" about it compared to any other new language that still has rough edges?

It means running the entire JavaScript, html and css engine just to render a status bar.
Abomination. Also slow.

What happened? Last I heard everybody was excited for something to finally replace the clusterfuck that was X11.

Did Wayland actually come out? What happened?

Wayland came out ages ago, but it's not really there yet. Most programs need to run through a X11 compatibility layer and only a few environments and window managers support it (including GNOME and KDE, luckily).

Wayland default on Fedora 31!

Did people say this about Python?
Was Python ever like Rust?

You know what I would like? A window manager that is both stacking and tiling at the same time, kind of like macOS with its fullscreen feature. But in macOS you can only have up to two windows tiled next to each other vertically, not more.

Most tiling window managers let you make windows floating.

Been using it for months on GNOME with no problems. Firefox wayland by default by the end of this year.

Python is an academic language, user. Nobody ever tried to sell it as a language for businesses to use.

You are a fucking retard who doesn't know what you're talking about.

Most commercial machine learning is written in python.
Google and Dropbox are written in python.
I use python to write scripts at work and make life easier for people