Christmas in July thread

It's that time of year again folks! Come and discuss your favorite Christmas movies/specials/episodes so that we can then forget about them for another six months.

Other urls found in this thread:

vimeo.com/126287950
youtube.com/watch?v=Uz_W6BOgEXg
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

To start us off, I'd like to remind everyone of this underrated gem. It's a pretty good movie in its own right, but you'd expect nothing less from Aardman. I'd say it's probably the best animated Christmas movie released in recent years, though that's not saying much. I think it did a very creative and interesting spin on the otherwise cliche Santa universe that's so prevalent in pop culture. Thoughts?

My favorite thing about Christmas is the Krampus.

Also reminder that Klaus is still a thing; I'm not sure if it ever got picked up though.
vimeo.com/126287950

Storytime, kids. Everyone gather round.

JL's Comfort and Joy is probably the single best animated series Christmas Special ever made.
Genuinely heartwarming and not generic at all.

And we're done. I hope you all enjoyed it.

Here's an obscure one that I only found out about last Christmas. I thought it managed to be suitably "adult" for the whole family to enjoy it, without falling into the typical plagues of "adult" animation. Would recommend.

Even when he's still the episode's villain, Ultra-Humanite is doing a good deed for Christmas.

Then again, JL U-H was never that villainous to start with.

Grumpy Santa.

10/10

Simple, but effective. I love it.

all of my keks

Best Christmas in July movie is Rudolph and Frosty's Christmas in July. No contest. It was like the perfect crossover of past Rankin Bass specials and the villain and his minions had that flare of creativity that you'd find in their fantasy actions shows like Thundercats. Also come to think of it, I don't think there are any other Christmas in July specials except Ed, Edd n' Eddy.

My fucking sides.

My fucking nigga.

So they were in to /ss/ even back then huh?

Might as well

The version Dr Seuss always wanted

Bah
Humbug

Shit Santa, where are you?
I want a cute redhead, too.

Have you been good?

I fapped 3 times to "Strokemon". Is that considered good?

They better pick it up.

Just think, two more months and Xmas stuff in the shops. Could be sooner.

I know that term predates Tumblr, but ever since Tumblr autists started using it it just makes my ears bleed now, same with the term "fandom"

Eh, it's a Christmas pic.

Cousin Mel by Hoshime

Joke's on you, I've hated those terms since I was 11 years old reading Sonic/Amy crap on fanfiction.net, get on my level.

I've gone through most of Hoshime's art. It's interesting to watch him degenerate as he goes from milf proportions to loli and now getting dangerously close to toddler.

I was expecting some dark twist in the end, but nope, it's just a grumpy Santa doing hard work.

Also, Russian New Year. It's pretty much a Christmas with the religion excised.

Whoops, here's slightly better quality.

I suppose it's better hoshime does that in art than in real life.

youtube.com/watch?v=Uz_W6BOgEXg
no one ask why

Christmas in July? I've got another great idea!

Or, if you are British, talk about the Christmas annuals, in stores now!
Though most of them these days aren't based on comics (due to there being fuck all comics), and the ones based on TV shows and that are 64 pages (fucking 64 page hardback books, what the fuck?) with shitty jokes and whole pages filled with stills, rather than… comic strips and stories.

not read them since I was a kid but do Beano annuals still do stories?

That's some comfy artwork, thanks for posting.