This fake pic

Can someone let me know about this photo real quick, I am arguing with someone.

I saw on Holla Forums someone had broken it down and that the guy with the rifle isnt Einsatzgruppen but a ukrainian partisan uniform + rifle.

Does anyone have the info?

Thanks

Other urls found in this thread:

englishrussia.com/2012/09/06/photo-manipulations-in-the-ussr/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I think it was the rifle that was the key observation. It was a Russian rifle not a German or something like that. Maybe someone has the exact details.

Bump

Quick google search found this.

englishrussia.com/2012/09/06/photo-manipulations-in-the-ussr/

I really should download the damn Holla Forums pack I'm too lazy and it probably has all this shit.

can't find the real pic but these guys were shooting at something else, also pic related, it only looks like they're aming to the people.

Pretty sure that's a Russian uniform.

And I'm spit balling here but I also don't think German soldiers wore caps unlike the Russian counterparts like the one seen here.

The weapon looks like a yugoslav M24 mauser, Germans captured lot of these weapons and issued them to non-frontline units.

sage goes in all fields for jewish slide thread.

It is a yugoslavian counter-partisan internal troop using a shortened yugoslav k98 who is either firing across from the woman or actually shooting her.

However the real question to ask is who the fuck would take photos of summary executions or genocide?

The uniform does not look like a german one. The breeches and high riding boots were only given to offficers in the German military.
I would guess the firing squad is composed of Eastern European anti-partisan people, who were supplied by Germans. There is no evidence the people being shot are Jewish though.

Pretty sure they're yugo croats or something like that.

Had this saved from a while ago.

1) not a firing squad
2) not germans

Here are some questions that can be asked about the photo. I saved the following from another site but I can't remember the link:

"Apparently the source of the photo is
Jerzy Tomaszewski who, during the war, was was a photographer for the Polish resistance and government-in-exile. Tomaszewski claimed copyright on the photo. The official story is that this is an authentic German photo which was contained in a letter sent home by a German soldier who was on the Eastern Front and intercepted in 1942 by the Polish Home Army, which monitored mail from the east that passed through the post office in Warsaw. Letters and photos of interest were copied and sent on to the Polish-Government- in-exile in London. Reportedly the words "Ukraine 1942, Jewish Aktion, Ivanogrod" are written on the back of the photo.

If this story is true, there can be no question of copyright. How can Tomaszewski own the copyright for a photograph taken by a German soldier?

In any case, the story gives rise to numerous questions:

1) What was the name of the German soldier? (Since his letter was intercepted, it should contain that information.)
2) Why would a soldier have sent a photo like this home? (Soldiers involved in atrocities would not have wanted to advertise that fact to their relatives and friends back home.)
3) Why would German censors allow a soldier to send home an incriminating photo of an atrocity?
4) What is the name of the member of the Polish resistance who claims to have intercepted the letter containing the photo?
5) Where's the letter? Let's see it, to confirm that it actually exists.
6) What does the letter say about the photo? (Because if it doesn't say anything about the photo we have to trust the word of the unknown member of the Polish resistance who we are told intercepted it that the photo was found inside the same envelope as the letter.)
7) Why doesn't the USHMM post online the reverse of the photo, so we can see for ourselves how it is identified?"

I may be wrong but I am sure this photo is cropped and he is shooting enemy soldiers

The SS generally used captured Mauser type guns, the VZ-24, M24's and the WZ.29 until they could be properly outfitted with German made stuff. They were second class until 41-42.

To all the "It's not a German uniform!" guys: Dude's obviously a German cop.

I have something similar.

If OP (or any other user for that matter) want me to, I can dump some other debunked phototshop examples.

The thing that always makes me angry about this photo is that if the arrangement of the people is even real, the soldiers are probably defending the civilians ducking to the ground, and returning enemy fire - only to be portrayed as murderers.

Please dump them, user!

okay, here is the best ones.

that dresden ohio 1912 image is fake as fuck

look at the floor

This pic is interesting. Faked by the Soviets.

My bad, didn't saw it was already here.

second last looks fake as fuck

The brick tiling on the oven is also completely messed up where the body was, even though it's very neat elsewhere.

the lack of shadow for the corpse bothers me though

I don't think there would be a shadow. It looks like the light is coming straight from the other side of the oven faces, so there would only be a subtle soft shading somewhere near the oven door. (see the shadow behind the white striped guy, and then compare how quickly it fades when the white shirt guy is slightly further from the oven)

Also notice how the images are almost identical, all the other shops have other differences like lighting or sharpness or cropping or tones.

I think this was done by some troll just to fuck with people. That could just be a normal crematorium or something too, it looks too rough and dirty to be a bakery or something like that. That said I'm not an expert at history or any of the like.

Very nice link, user. Trips well earned

would it not be apparent they shopped the body out and it's the fake?
I mean that body looks like someone who died of typhus. i don't think being gassed makes your body end up like that.

this, also its not like they didnt burn bodies… of course they did…

people need to be aware of these fake "faked" images, take a hard look at them or we'll look like idiots using them

That by itself is not meaningful, Germans often used Russian arms and vice versa.

That war was more of a shitshow than hollywood often talks about.

For example something like 80% of material, weapons and troops were still being moved by horse drawn carriage.

Armies didn't become fully mechanized until the threat of nukes crystallized in the 50s.

Where's that guys arms?