Role models for the next generation

This thread is about role models in entertainment that we should expose our current or future children to. But it's also about characters that represent the masculine or feminine ideal and the virtues that make them up. If we want to be Overmen then it's good to have role models that represent the extreme of what we wish to become. We should always chase those extremes even if we never reach it. What matters is that we're always getting closer to the ideal.

Personally I think that Guts is by far the best exemplar of human Will and Strength both mental and physical in any medium.

His entire life from the very moment that he was born up to the present is complete and utter shit.
1.He was birthed from his mother after she had died from being hung. He fell into cold mud mixed with blood and wouldn't have survived if not for a passing mercenary company and his future foster father Gambino.
2.He became a child soldier who's first battle was when he was only 9 years old.
3.He was betrayed by his foster father for a minor sum and was thus raped by a Nigger who Guts would latter kill.
4.He was forced to kill his foster father in self defense and was then forced to flee where he got some arrows in his back and was then forced to flee from Wolves injured.
5.He gets betrayed by his best fucking friend RIGHT FUCKING AFTER they had just saved him from a torture dungeon.
6.This betrayal means him. his waifu, and his companions getting branded which means that you're going to hell after you die. and even being around a demon is excruciating.
7.His best friend kills every last one of his comrades(except for a little kid) and rapes his waifu to insanity right in front of him while he's being held down by Demons.

But he pulls himself together, gets back on his feet and grows powerful enough to fight even the strongest of apostles with nothing but his will alone. All in a quest to cure his waifus rape and brand induced insanity.

Other urls found in this thread:

warhammer40k.wikia.com/wiki/Biel-Tan
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Bump

I agree 100% that Guts is one of the best role models today.
Historically speaking, I don't think King Baldwin IV gets nearly enough recognition.
He became King of Jerusalem at 13, even though he was a Leper.
In his first battle, the Battle of Montgisard, The 16-year-old King Baldwin IV, seriously afflicted by leprosy and barely able to hold onto his own horse, led a heavily out-numbered Christian force against the army of MOTHERFUCKING SALADIN. The massive Arab force was routed and their casualties were massive, and only a fraction managed to flee to safety.
Unfortunately, Baldwin passed away at 23 from his disease.
If he had lived a full life, the religious and political vacuum that occurred after his death wouldn't have happened, and the Kingdom of Jerusalem perhaps wouldn't have fallen.
Also Casca a cute, your waifu a shit

I only watched the 1997 anime. Should I buy the manga?

Id say mainly Kenshiro, but Raoh has many qualities that I feel are of note as well. His will and ability to get shit done.

Both these guys can teach a young man much about becoming and being a man.

YES YOU SHOULD READ THE FUCKING MANGA!!!!!

If you want to buy it be sure to get the Dark Horse version. If you can't do that then just torrent it.

seems like getting a kindle would be cheaper than buying all 37 volumes

Do what you want man.

Just be sure to read all of Berserk.

In my opinion it's the best manga ever made.

This guy right here

Guts is a good role model, but fuck, I'd hate to be in his position right now.

Well at least we'll get monthly manga releases starting June 24'th.

You're a big guy OP

I tell ya hwhat

I love me some Baldwin IV.

Guts is great, best role model to come out of anime and manga at least. Ubermench as fuck.

are you the same faggots from that anime thread?

I only need one role model.

Feel good. My friend who lent me his Berserk mangas seems to think there's going to be a small time skip once the party has actually reached Elfhelm and fixed themselves up.

What a man he was.

checked

The best goddamn president we ever had.

For me, I draw upon mythological heros as inspiration to sculpt my image after, like Beowulf, Achilles, etc.,

I really like the idea of the "Overman" too, so that's additional inspiration to me.

Speaking of that, we need more posters on >>>/overman/

That's the problem right there. The fact that kids nowadays are looking up to sports stars, rock stars, movie stars, etc is why so many kids, and grown adults, have their heads up their asses.

Instead of spending all their time trying to learn a useful skill, trade or field of study and build strong families and communities, people are wasting their time and money on dancing, singing, acting, body modifications and expensive clothes in an attempt to be some famous superficial and selfish superstar someday. Which of course will never happen.

When I was a young musician the best advice my father ever gave me was, "user, for every rockstar, actor or celebrity in the world there are about 100,000 aeverage Joes who actually work for a living."

We need historical role models and men who contribute back to the community instead of constantly looking out for themselves.

It's like you want to be called a pleb

Agreed, Guts is one of the best masculine role models. Goku from Dragon Ball is a pretty good, I will watch Dragon Ball with my kids till they are old enough to watch/read Berserk.
Goku is not only a strong man, but he is also a very good person and a good father, husband and grandpa later. Also Goku is a sayayin (space's aryans).

Definitely Guts, Goku and Kenshiro and maybe Seiya from Knights of the Zodiac.

The old and new animes are both pretty nice but the manga is simply incredible.

Read it.

Batman from the animated series, 1st season only though.

Him

Nobody ever mentions Biel-Tan Eldar in these threads.

Alright what do you guys think? How does it compare to some other stuff I've done? It's the first picture.

Him?

sum moar plz no hate

And he was the first governor of Florida.

is2g if things keep deteriorating at the rate they are, we're going to create Slaanesh IRL and literally tear the universe a new asshole

When I got into 40k I wanted to play IG, but when i realized half of the players in my area mained Space Marines and quarters of Chaos and IG I wanted to mix it up a bit, so I got an eldar codex and starter set.

tl;dr, flipped open the book and it was just William-Pierce meets Holla Forums-tier armies (Biel-Tan), innawoods /k/ (Alaitoc), CommonFilth tier anti-poz (Ulthwé), and internet trolls (Harlequins) ruling different craftworlds in a never ending crusade against poz and non-craftword eldar.

I'll just leave this here.

warhammer40k.wikia.com/wiki/Biel-Tan

What are you a faggot or something?

Bump.

Ethiopians. Did you know that they are 40% caucasoid?

Real rolemodels are real humans. Not fictional characters from some schizophrenic morbidly obese mans mind.

Look at your military heroes, look at your scientific geniuses. Look at glorious characters from history. Not at the imaginary and fantastical characters that exists in your mind.

Don't overconsume the jewish entertainment Holla Forums, it will spoil your mind.

8. He's a fucking cuckold and a rolemodel to no one.

Post-Heresy Imperium is pretty much the USSR + Catholic fanatacism. It is a degenerate culture built on the shattered remains of a great one.
Craftworld Eldar on the other hand are a people that were disgusted by the degenerate state of their own dying culture so they abandoned it and built communities where they hoped to bring back the morals and ideals that made their society great in the first place.

Certainly.
But historically every culture has had fictional or exaggerated role models. Gilgamesh, Hercules, Samson, Hidesato, Saint George, King Arthur and so on. Fiction is not just the realm of jews and otaku.

What's wrong with having a fictional character as your rolemodel who represents a whole lot of ideal human characteristics?

You can read it for free too on mangasee.co or torrent it, but be sure to only read the Dark Horse translations because the others are scanlations with terrible Engrish.

But yeah if you can support the author then buy them.

There doesn't need to be a timeskip in the sense of "x years later" for Guts and them, since time passes by much faster in Elfhelm. So even if they leave right after curing Caska, Rickert and everyone else in the outside world will have aged decades.

People have throughout history always looked to fictional heroes as inspiration and motivation for guidance in how to become great. Fictional role models are just as good as historical role models, if not better, because they create an unrealistic goal that you'll have to work even harder towards achieving.

Also Caska is best girl.

Marcus Aurelius, best and based emperor

Kind of guy that pops once per century

"Be thou erect, or be made erect." Meditations, book 7. XII

Don't overconsume the jewish entertainment Holla Forums, it will spoil your mind.

Pick one

Always this retarded faggot shows up in a thread to troll. Guts is literally the extreme opposite of a cuckold. Every man should aspire to be like Guts. He's the definition of alpha.

That training regimen is hilariously mediocre. Anyone could do 1 00 push ups, 100 sit ups, 100 squats and 10 km of running every day hahah. And those characters are for some reason really shocked. Just seems like the author has never worked out in his life.

A cuck would sit idly by and do nothing.
Guts got so pissed, he allowed his arm to tear off in an attempt to kill Griffith upon committing the act.

Guts is set to unfuck his shit up, the very name of Griffith puts him into a blind rage.

No, he hacked his own arm off intentionally with a broken sword so that he could save Caska. The movie changed that part a bit. The movies did a lot of parts un-canonically.

They actually tell the one slap jap that it's an easy training routine and are pissed that he's not telling them his real secret.

Oh, so he's just rusing them? He looks so serious when he says it.

He is serious. That's all the training he did.

So he's just a typical overpowered anime character that doesn't even have to try to be above everyone else. Boring.

I didn't realize the manga and anime industries are controlled by Jews now.

That's the joke. Saitama is basically Superman, and obviously didn't get that way because of some pushups. He doesn't realize it though.

That, again, is the joke. He is so stupidly overpowered that he has become bored because nothing poses a challenge and he can kill or destroy anything with one punch. It's a parody.

I just don't see the appeal in a series where the protagonist never has any challenge, never has to overcome hardship, because he is so overpowered.

It's the same as Superman. Superman is a garbage character because he's stronger than every single one of his opponents.

He went through the Hero Journey by force of will. Triumph durch Wille. A mediocre salary man became a hero by his own will. Went /fit/ and defeated the most powerful monsters in the entire universe. The parody here is that his deeds were (wrongly) attributed.

He overcomes hardship, but not physically. He has a rather annoying disciple, a jack-ass riva and he is always late when the world needs to be saved. Something like the Deadpool of Anime without the poo-poo-and-loo-loo humor. The real appeal of the show is within the realm of the Protagonist himself. You want him to be this shining figure of glory. We root for him to become popular. A secondary character sees how powerful the protagonist is … and he couldn't grasp it. The desciple learns this in mortal combat.
This anime is funny without being edgy, filled with action even if you know who is winning and still the hero is far from being the most popular hero ever.

Fucking cucks who hate humanity

Bruv, regarding the thread I don't see how the Emperium of Man is a good rolemodel for people in our day and age. Even the Emperor worship was the doing of Chaos, so it's just blind faith that keeps them afloat. If the lore wasn't static humanity would just lose ground, sure, the eldar have a 0.00001% chance of rebuilding their empire, yet with every victory that number doubles.

Ever wonder why there's barely any niggers in 40k? Ever wonder why the Imerium is 99 percent white?

Emprah killed them all.

I just started re-reading the manga 3 days ago and this post appears? What the fuck?

This is talked about almost non-stop.

Sure is summer in here.

I actually just binge-read the manga myself.

Also

We need mandatory summer school for autists.

You've lost Kike.

Your [email protected]/* */ shilling campaign is over.

One of your fellow tribesmen fucked it all up.

What am I shilling?
This isn't /a/ or /tg/ you raging autist.

Playing dumb won't work retard.

Anti-anime [email protected]/* */ is over now that Jews have openly attacked animu.

Just give up and switch tactics already you complete retard.

Again, what am I shilling?
This is not /a/ or /tg/

You're making it more and more clear that this is a slide thread.

Why would the Imperium of Man need race realism when everyone is white? All the humans left in the year 40 000 are white people.

It's because a Berserk anime about the Tower of Conviction arc is starting 11 days from now and a new Berserk game is coming out in over a month so all the fans are hyped.

For reason too, since the last time there was an anime season of Berserk was in 1998, and the last game about it was for PS2.

Hikaru has been a bit of a role model for me.

Coincidentally, my waifu (Beloved) wears a uniform that's similar to Misa Hayase's.

I've always loved the idea of space operas since childhood (naval kinds are good too – in both cases you're "sailing" something whether the stars or the seas). A romantic struggle against seemingly impossible odds, with only your will to survive and to protect those you love? Yeah.

uncanny
>Holla Forums, final boss of the warp

This man is literally me.

I sometimes feel blue and walk around naked a lot

Adrian Veidt is my role model though with some twitches

No thanks, I'll stick to reading to my kids what my father read to me.

I'd let my children take me and my ancestors as their rolemodels, we're a hardworking family, I'd also only allow entertainment that praises hard work and features a strong role model.

Look no further than Watamote.

Watch New Getter Robo everyone, it will do your body and soul good.

Care to explain? I never bothered with the TAS as a kid, or any of the movies for that matter.

Saitama from One Punch Man is definitely a good fictional role model. He is a great example of stoicism, of doing what's right because it's right and not because it pays well.

The First Florida Man

are you retarded? BE THE ROLE MODEL in your child's life, not a fucking fictional charater, why do you think all these people are fucking retarded?

yep

if you want "role models" besides YOURSELF…then teach your child history and philosophy. literary classics also help.

Not JK Rowling or Animation, more like Jonathon Swift

Master Chief (from Halo:CE, 2 and 3. Not this new 343 bullshit)

Dedicated to defending the human race against a radical religion comprised of fanatical aliens who will commit suicide on command in its name (sound familiar?)

Wipes out a parasitic life form that takes over organisms minds and are driven by a desire to infect any sentient life they encounter (SWJs/shitlibs anyone?)

This guy is a fucking beast.

You lot are missing the point; OP started this thread to look for Absolutes who embody what it is to be a man and whom we should all aspire to mimic, not father figure replacements to raise our children for us.

Stop with the autism.

Yeah. Saitama probably appeals to a fair bit of anons, because he's a nobody that's all about doing what's right.

Halo's name is forever tainted by every travesty of a game they developed after 3.

YOU WON'T BE SPARED THE ROPE SCHLOMO

God Emperor Trump and Doomguy

That's a bit uncanny.

Guts is no role model.
He achieved impressive physical strength and mental fortitude through personal drive, but is an utter dolt lead by base desires:

The only ideal Guts represents is not giving up in the face of extreme adversary, and the value of discipline and training in order to achieve supreme strength.

He is "superhuman", but he is no ubermensch.

Why aren't you teaching your kids about
George Wallace

Yeah then it stops after 3 months.

Mishima always gives me serious feels
He could have saved Japan from the NEET-infested shadow of it's former self it is today

I also like Eugene Sledge and his book is great.

Guts is nothing more than an exaggerated version of the cliche OP main character of any action shonen, his only distinction is the extremity of his strength, and the near-equal extremity of his foes.

Maeda, the lead of Rokudenshai Blues, a classic delinquent manga, represents what a more complex Guts could be. He is not just strong. He has deep empathy for his followers, respect for rules of engagement and his opponent in a fight and the ability to lead his school as a model guardian - knowing when to protect reputation, knowing when it's not worth the sacrifice of his followers, how to lead the normals through respect & service, not fear.

And yet he's equally unintelligent a character as Guts. There's nothing with a strong brute, but stupidity doesn't preclude a pure moral compass - and that is what makes for a true role model.

To be fair he's also now motivated by a love of his companions. He's also starting to take on a fatherly role when it comes to Schierke.

He gets more complex motivations as time goes on.

Absolutes are fucking retarded, sorry if I'm invading your safe space.

If you intend to teach your children through fictional figures, prepare to reap what you sow.

A man-child.

Haven't Europeans used storytelling to educate children on morals since forever?

The fuck are you talking about?

pick one

yes, berserk is truly high literature

what will your child do when his first love cheats on him

1. rip
2. tear
3. read berserk and complain on 2025chan

please don't tell me that's a real quote, I actually like Mishima. I really don't want to think he's a retard.

Yes, but his love is worth nothing. It's just the same love a stray dog has for a townsman who feeds instead of beats him, a family that chose to take him in and accept him for the first time in his mongrel life. It's just a reactive love.

Griffith, for example, loves Guts for the inner strength he sees in him. His love is out of respect and admiration, much like the love his men had for him; that they never had or ever would for Guts.

Guts only even likes Casca because she was the first woman to touch him, maybe some vague respect for her ability to fight decently, and maybe tells himself it's love now that she's gone full autist out of guilt. His whole party, both of the ones he's known, is just one of happenstance and convenience. People who kept him around for his strength, that he slowly started to feel companionship for. He doesn't even have any capacity to lead.

There's a reason the only people you ever see weilding Guts as a role model are ones who spend their time lifting and practicing thuggish, eastern martial arts. You'd be less degenerate taking a literal delinquent as your model.

Fairy/morality tales aren't high literature. They're almost the definition of populist culture.

We're not pretending that is.

We're saying that certain characters have desirable traits taken to the extreme and it's a good idea to use said characters as a way to visualize certain virtues.

Stop being a stick in the mud no fun allowed faggot.

Goebbels warned us about faggots like you.

Obviously, but I'm getting a migraine seeing anons really equate Japanese Anime/Manga on the level of Greek mythology.

If you really want to teach your children like the greeks did, why not just teach Greek Mythology? Or skip it, and have them read classical literature to understand deeper nuances of morality, and blah blah blah

Who does Donald Trump admire most? His father. Does he admire Shinji from Evangelion? No. Does he admire…idk donald duck? No.

yeah bro goebbels woulda loved japanese anime n mango amirite

or even be able to have an idea of the sorts of media being put around 70 years later amirite

rite

I nominate All Might.

DYEL detected. You must have this many gains before you can talk in a male role model thread.

We're not equating it's quality we're just saying that using fictional characters to represent desirable virtues and traits is a good thing and is part of the European tradition.
Why not both?
Not you've revealed yourself to be a fucking foreign normalfag that's not from here. Nobody on imageboards types like that.

Not to mention that absolutely nobody admires Shinji. He was designed as a little bitch and everyone thinks that he's a little bitch.

Get the fuck out of here and go back to Reddit or whatever faggot fourm that you're from.

It's funny how weaboo freaks always employ rhetoric almost identical to the liberals' own whenever they're pressured about their objectively shit, anti-western tastes.

Nigger we turn to Japshit because the west has been so jewed and subverted that almost everything that we produce is marxist propaganda.

Name a fucking recent work of fiction of any medium that's has characters that are better role models than Guts.

Do it faggot.

This guy.

* Went on Crusade. Killed the Assassin sent to murder him. Let down by Mongol faggotry.
* Shouted the Dean of St. Paul's Cathedral to death.
* Reformed and rationalised govt.
* Established Parliament as an institution.
* Civilised the godless Welsh.
* Knocked the Scots heads together.
* Removed merchant from England so hard they didn't come back for 350 years.

Be smart, be like Longshanks.

No, I agree with you. I'm just correcting him, he tried to deny anime/manga's relevance because it's not high culture, yet neither are traditional sources of moral guidance.

Seconding this too . The first line at least. Guts is a shit role model.

Name some role models. That's what the thread is for.

Personally, I'm actively seeking any fictional character, (mythological, historicized, commercial/pop, whatever) that exemplifies either Nietzche's ubermensch or Evola's differentiated man. Both to help my understanding by placing it in a narrative context as well as to enter into a 'personal mythology' to better remember and follow the ideals (and share easily). I'd greatly appreciate any recommendations.

Otherwise, 'Great Men' in general would be appreciated. Inspired leaders, with honor, vision, fortitude, action etc. Like mein fuhrer, for example.

It's not "equality" it's likeness. They embody similar traits and ideals.

Why can't people do both? I've been interested in mythology and heroic tales since my childhood but I've also watched anime since then. I like both because both are beautiful.

It's a good quote though. Let me translate it into modern retard speak for you.

"Ironic hipsters that think masculinity is toxic and funny usually are physically weaker than who or what they are laughing at."

It just doesn't have the same ring that way.

There's nothing to be inspired by overcoming artificial limitation. I do daily calisthenics and body weight training for fundamental fitness. I can respect those who work on their bodies to achieve aesthetic perfection or peak strength, but to revolve your life, identity, self-confidence around that pursuit alone is base and pathetic.

And degenerate. You are locking yourself away with other lost souls to obsessively groom yourself - not for war, not for family, not for your nation, not for politics - for no higher purpose than personal & social gratification. If you found a true model to follow beyond the petty in-signalling of subcultural tribe, you might be able to see it for the trap it is.

It is femininity, not masculinity, that begins and ends with the body, my friend.

How the fuck do you know?

These are multipurpose guns, user.

Don't waste your time on D&C shills user, just filter and watch them squirm for attention.

makunochi ippo

A-fucking-greed!

Not saying why because spoilers.

Teaching of Greek Mythology is mandatory in Greece. That did not really prevent us from being a shithole.

What the fuck. He's a Globalist… his goal is to end borders and unite nations.

Why has Commander Rockwell not been mentioned yet? I'm pretty disappointed. He's my hero.

Fuck Thor amirite, what a retarded thing to do, to use a fictional character as motivation for your descendants so that they can follow tradition and grow up into manly men

Ok.

So what you're saying is, you don't want your descendants to aspire to not give up in the face of extreme adversary, or to value discipline and training.

Just ignore him, he has the autism and has never read history.

It's not Mishima that's a retard, it's just you. You were the retard all along.

There is nothing wrong with using fictional characters as role models. It has always worked throughout history.

And yes, Berserk is high literature. At least till the Millenium Falcon arc, it without any doubt is a masterpiece of writing.

Every white man should lift weights.

It really is quite absurd. This thread is about role models for the sake of men becoming masculine, and some lanky DYEL faggot comes in spouting nonsense. What understanding does a low test weakling like him have of what being a man means?

There's nothing to be inspired by overcoming artificial limitation. I do daily calisthenics and body weight training for fundamental fitness. I can respect those who work on their bodies to achieve aesthetic perfection or peak strength, but to revolve your life, identity, self-confidence around that pursuit alone is base and pathetic.

Weak DYEL faggot detected. Discard everything he says, hide ID.

>not being a blood raven or thousand sons I make the exception because they have way better armor

Agreed, but no white man should rest any significant part of his identity, self-confidence, self-image or social circle on that fact.

That's as pathetic as Guts acquiescing to the first group he met (of fellow worthless outcasts) to let him belong. Goes to show how far a poorly chosen role model will take you.

Strength is nothing without direction. He's an anti-Sisyphus: Performing the same endless task, the same tragic, but admirable strength and diligence. Yet rather than being punished by the Gods for exceeding cleverness, poor Guts punishes himself out of his own exceeding stupidity.

He has no idea what the fuck he's doing and never has. He fought to survive, then he fought because Griffith told him to, then he left Griffith and is now fighting to try and win back the time when Griffith told him to fight. This is your role model.

Where in this thread do you see status signaling through physical appearance? If that was the case, we'd be promoting Johnny Bravo as an ideal male role model.

But Berserk IS greek mythology tier.

Do tell how it isn't.

Anime is full of stories like "I have to get stronger so I can protect everyone and uphold justice! (or win some sports competition)" Many of the underlying values of anime are very traditional and idealistic.

Jesus Chist, user, why are you cucking for the edgy "hurr durr, 2edgy4me" fanfic tier chapater created outside of GW.

To be honest I like Berserk far more than Heracles's mythology

THIS
Virtually every animu is Triumph of the Will with different fluff surrounding it.

A lot of people's exposure to 40k was only from the DoW series so they think that the thieving magpies are a big deal when they really aren't.
Their chapter should have been exterminatus'd.

Love listening to him speak.

As a writer, especially a novelist of any kind, this all hits home with me. In designing characters I do my best to make them feel real, relatable, with real morals and tribulations that expose them to the tyranny of their surroundings. Case and point. If young white or "white passing," as the liberals like to say, males have good, strong role models, they'll turn out being good men. If girls see women who are independent in their own right as an individual, yet, who fill the role of the nurturer, of the kind, passionate, calm attitude of the overwoman, maybe they'll see how men and women are really supposed to get along. If young black and otherwise darker kids see men of their color acting and behaving honorably and being generally intelligent and stoic, it might inspire them to do the same. The reason for all the corruption is the fact that young boys are exposed to feminization and sexuality too young, girls look up to whores, harlots and hags for inspiration, and young black males or "ethnic," types are exposed to stereotypes and tropes that are espoused as their "culture". With subversion gone, I find that the spirit of cooperation would happen very organically. Because there's a clear difference from kids exposed to good, wholesome values versus those who let their children see all the shit in the world.

WTF?!?

Seriously read the comics again bro. He FOUND his path, that of being the greatest warrior, among the Band of the Hawk. And it was his abandonment of Griffith there at the mid-point of Griffith's own Path.

Griffith was/is mostly yes homo for Guts. Guts suspects this, but also see in Griffith the same iron will and determination to achieve his goal. It is in fact Griffith speaking of his own determination and how it relates to weather another man could be his friend. At this point in time Guts desired to be considered Griffith's friend by Griffith. Not knowing he already had a special and degenerate spot in Griffith's mind.

So yeah the whole Eclipse coulda been avoided if Guts had just talked to Griffith about what he had heard. But NOOOoooo, he had to go off and prove himself worthy of Griffith's friendship.

How about yourself?

Sorry.

"A true man never dies… even when he's killed!"

Fuck, Kamina is such a badass. Too bad TTGL is considered normalfag anime, I thought it was great.

He's literally the nigger dad who has to go out for smokes at the drop of a hat to go fight anyone he possibly can.

Vegeta is a much better role model, & he use to kill people for fun. He embodies pride & family values way better.

That said, both are shitty parents.

Bewcock's soul was pure as mountain water.

Vegeta is a dick-hungry cuck who sold his soul to a jewish wizard all because he couldn't keep up with goku.

No one in dragonball is a good role model.

dont forget good vlad

A real human bean.
And a real hero.

Best post so far. Really.

Most people forgot that old gods weren't people to be revered nor kneeled to, like the one Abrahamic god, but paragons of values you should aspire to follow. They're some of the earliest role models, and to this day, the best ones.

this, also check out Chesty Puller's biography

This, Vegeta actually is a way better father. Goku is always abandoning his children and he's mentally retarded. Also pussywhipped by his wife.

Vegeta is the head of the household and Bulma is subservient to him, and Vegeta actually is interested in raising his son.

At the end of Dragonball Goku leaves his wife and son for 10 years so he can train with poo in loo.

This thread is a thinly-veiled shit I liked in my childhood.

I love him because of how he reached his goals and how he made his dreams come true.

I don't care if my and his goals align, I care about the man he is. I smart man can learn a lot from his enemies.

FTFY

lel
Guts stops being edgy when the Golden Age flashback starts and even when it later goes back to the Black Swordsman arc he's no longer edgy like in the beginning

I've never watched or read any of it tbh.

I am a bit interested though

You should if you are interested. It's a very well written story about two things specifically regarding humans:
1. How incredibly resilient humans can be, never giving up no matter how much they suffer
2. How fucked up and cruel humans can be
Either read it, or watch and read it. But definitely do read it at least, the manga has so much more content and character development than the anime and movie versions.

N O T H I N G W R O N G

that's not equal fam. guts made the right choice by leaving the manipulative cunt behind.

So you sayin' we find ourselves in the fine company of rats and coyotes as a species?

Watch yer back on the battlefield, OP.

Here are the next generation's role models.

ooosh, get a hobby

never thought this would happen