Is God real or fake?

How can I know if religion is true or just a waste of time? I really want to know and I can't leave it alone. I can't stop thinking about it.

Watch Theoria Apophasis.

there is no way an omnipotent and benevolent god exists

if he did, there would be no suffering

Answer: Or

This is the best answer you will get.

Maybe God exists but he's just evil like in the bible, or he just cares about a really tiny amount of people that have nothing to do with us.

there are no sound arguments to prove or disprove the existence of god. greater minds than yours (probably) spent decades wrestling with the subject. read Hobbes and Kant and Russel for the philosophy of religion.
after that, it comes down to faith.

If mod were real there would no pedo thread also bumping because this isn't a pedo thread

God is real. A real dick to be honest

Or maybe he doesn't give a fuck and our existence is coincidental, just like everything in the universe. God in reality is an unmanifest null-point. He is the principle and the only eternal thing in all of existence. In the ancient holy Trinity God (Will, Law) is the Metaphysical, the Body is the physical, and the unity between the two is form.

The only way to find out is to have a transient experience that proves the existence of a greater influence to you, as long as you haven't had one of those just do whatever doesn't get you killed or horribly maimed by extremists and keep believing whatever you want.

Meant transcendental, just fuck my terminology up.

You don't knock the dubs, they meant what they meant.

Ah shit, and now I have become the faux pas. If there's a god, then this is surely the punishment he's reserved just for me.

Kill youself, it's the only way to find out.

To know that a god is real he'd have to reveal himself to you in a direct, indisputable way. Religion is a waste of time because there are hundreds of religions with different doctrines and it may be the case that following the wrong religion guarantees your damnation or disallows your eternal paradise. If your plan was to work the afterlife in your favor then the more intelligent approach is to avoid religion altogether and try to worship god on your own; but even that's dumb because we don't know any of such a god's properties or motivations. It may be the case that he sends you to hell for praising him. There's no evidence of a god or gods, so there's no reason to accept its/their existence. There's no reason to follow a religion in an attempt to control the afterlife because nobody understands the would-be forces they're working with

You have to consider that god is real and just doesn't care. What are you going to do about it? Make a god behave according to your mortal rules.

Funny how no one ever says this in a discussion of Zeus or Thor. Some of the ancients came to the conclusion that the god existences didn't matter all the much. "A blessed and indestructible being has no trouble himself and brings no trouble upon any other being; so he is free from anger and partiality, for all such things imply weakness." Epicurus

so he's not benevolent

well the ancients' gods were both fallible and unreliable. they fought and pranked each other. they caused sorrow and war. they were divine, but mischevious and prone to temper.
the big gods of later religions get caught up in being good all the time and that's exactly the philosophical faultline.

Acts of men are better than acts of god

Its the greeks of the future fucking up the greeks of the past. God in the old testament is as capricious and judgmental as any greek God. And all the "transcendent" and philosophical stuff is a later hellenic influence. semetics trying to make their God match up with the hellenic marketplace of retarded imaginary things to waste time with before the internet.

First of all determine what is god
If God are just a creator of ours it really doesn't matter if they do or do not exist since they cannot affect us in any particular way.
It's like creating a bacterial colony on a room temperatured canadian beef: you aren't really aware you created the colony of E. coli just by touch the beef with unwashed hands after number 2.

However if you see God as omnipotent omnipresent deity it would be easily said they are either quite an arse person to begin with to keep it's children in pain and misery
Or, they don't exist and that is all to it

I preffer the first definition since no matter the outcome the results are in vain

so he's not benevolent

She's wasted all the time and does whatever the fuck strikes her fancy. Deal with it, she is a god.

Does God *have* to be benevolent? Cancer isn't nice and its still very real. If God's real, that is.

no, but there's no point worshipping or caring about him if he's not

At the end, men stand behind their acts, both achieving and failing ones
And the gods? They stand behind nothin, it is the people that made their statues and their pictures and their history to stand behind only the glory and the virtues
Gods don't stand behind the failures, gods don't stand; and why?
Because people are too proud to say that those who they say they are their creators are, as a matter of fact, flawed in any way
Jews will never admit it was Yaweh's fault for the first sin, the Greek's would've never admited that it was Zeus' fault for half of the shit, the Christians will never admit it was Jesus' fault for the death of so many lies

They will never admit that persons who never really existed were in wrong anyhow, because it would make them look bad

Well, that's the thing. At least for the Jews in their book, "worshiping" God was just as much about appeasing God as it was about liking him. He was the king, he did what he wanted, he commanded and demanded and you could obey or be destroyed. It wasn't WWI, you couldn't just conscientiously object and be left alone.

What is I'm a sad neet precisely because I'm displeasing God, and if I appease him I'll be ok? I don't know.

Marcus didn't even say that.

What if the god are proudful? Meaning they care for only those who worship them, not caring what they did in past
You should worship the unjust above all since it is the only way to get out of the shit pit
There is no point in worshiping the just since worshiping of all things will get you out of the shit pit the least

Ofcourse he didn't

i may well quote you on that. perhaps knowing too much is a thing after all. our brains are just not up to the task. the popularisation of scientific knowledge hasn't made religion go away and nor has the internet. religion is cloudfare for the mind.

They atleast made an impact on the religion, saying you were an atheist only 30 years ago would've goten you a blank stare of judgement everywhere you go
Now only the conservative religious fanatics do so

Yeah but notice how many intense, life encompassing cults existed then, and how much religion was a part of daily life for everyone, and how seriously they took it. Romans wouldn't even have their political meetings without consulting some augur mystic who would read entrails or watch the clouds and figure out if the Gods approve the meeting. Shit like that is gone

God is real you niggerkike.

Prove it.

In a certain sense, a fictional character can have more real, direct impact on someone's life than any real person. It's easy to imagine how that works: you can make a decent guess that has been more directly influenced by characters from a gook cartoon than by the entire population of Burkina Faso. Think about how that works with all the mutually exclusive conceptions of God that exist out there, and see where that leads you.

the argument is that any agreed definition of god includes god's existence. you can't be god if you don't exist, in easy words for 4chan users.
what does exist mean? there are obectively verifiable things like rain which wets us all and then other things, like new ideas and faith, which only exist for the individual.

GAS THE GODS DEICIDE NOW

REAL
REAL
REAL
REAL
REAL
REAL
REAL
REAL
REAL
REAL
REAL
REAL
REAL
REAL
REAL
REAL
REAL
REAL
REAL
REAL
REAL
REAL
REAL
REAL
AND REPENTANCE IS THE KEY TO SALVATION!

the same way u verify every other claim - u test it cientifically

Why would you think a thing that ostensibly created the known universe would think like a human?

This is the same reason the whole "question" of whether god is real or not is stupid. The fact that we're here means that something caused the universe to exist. You gotta be pretty fucking dumb to make assumptions about its nature based on books of fairy tales written by a bunch of primitive screwheads.

Just fucking live your life, it literally doesn't affect at all

you're either 14 or heavily retarded. God as a concept isn't scientifically measured, so you can't put it through the scientific process without finding incompatibilities, you idiot. Whether you want God to exist or not, is up to you, but know that you can't disprove him either. The argument is ultimately redundant and stupid.

You've never met a religious person and can't be one if you think like this. Well….you can't be a Christian. God isn't a choice, its not up to you whether he's real or not. Either he is or he isn't, your opinion is irrelevant and your misunderstanding of this basic truth renders your post ridiculous to a humorous extent.

AND REPENTANCE IS THE KEY TO SALVATION!

Christianity has nothing to offer healthy people who feel good about their lives. Christianity must instill a self loathing sense of guilt, and it must do it as early as possible in it's member, it is mostly those who were indoctrinated as children who are faithful.

Here we come to the issue of fapping. How else can you make a healthy normal 13 year old fear hell? Why else would act that is synonymous with a useless but harmless waste of time be the subject of so much mental anguish while never mentioned in the bible?

Are you real or fake, OP? Frankly I have far more objective evidence for God's existence and actions than I do for you & your's.

I'm not much of a theist, but if you're going to have an argument at least let it be valid.

It's as real as any other character in a book.

Name it.

What makes a god? what will achieve that label? Even false gods exist, they exist in our imagination. Is that enough, it might not be, though I could be said that a mind is all that exists, regardless. I assume you want to know if an actual god exist in the sense that there is a intelligence far greater then our that has control over the universe. Maybe, but is it of this realm of existence, that we can see, maybe not. As such how can we know what the acts of a god would look like if he did, miracles could be happening but we can't even see them. If there is a god that controls everything, who is too say that we are not of a divine essence that is not in itself existent.

Religious books are just stories and death scares the hell out of me.

Kashiwazaki Sena is my god

Read Marx

Your parents raise you, they teach you the things you need to know to go out into the world and make a life. When you’re old enough you take drivers instruction teaching you how to responsibly drive a motor vehicle.

You graduate high school and go off to college. Your parents give you a brand new really nice car. It’s a really great car, take your pick what kind. You load up your stuff and off to college you go.

Once you get to college you choose to drive your nice new car like a maniac. You speed, hit curbs, drink and drive, don’t service it, all the things you can think of that would wreck a new car.

You come home and your parents seen your smashed up, back firing, mangled car they gave you a year ago. They tell you that they love you but are angry at you for the way you treated the wonderful gift they gave you.

You look at them and say “but mom, dad, you didn’t follow me around every second of every minute of every hour of every day making sure I always made the right choice and saving me every time I made the wrong choice.”

It’s always been about choice, always will be.

I fucking wish..

This is a cute story, but its doesn't really answer how to know if God is real. This sounds more like banking on God being real and just doing the things that whatever your preferred religion is, then maybe everything will be fine.

So, you tell me then, if faith is a choice, should I go call the Mormon missionaries right now and tell them I'll be joining them in polygamist heaven? Or should I call the Islams down the street instead?

That's the part I really wish you talked about. And I wish either God or my parents had ever done anything even comparable to giving me a nice car. If your dad is supposed to be your model of God, what happens when you don't have a dad, or when he's a cunt? I don't know.

What about a God that is unfathomably mroe omnipotent, benevolent, and omniscient than us, but not infinitely thus.

Imagine this God in our place, and we are in the place of ants. Relative to ants, despite their great strength we are unfathomably more omnipotent, and omniscient than them. And if we are benevolent, then we care for the ants and provide what we can, but we have to minimize direct contact with them as our presence alone terrifies them like the unknown terrifies us.

So this God would be a creator who desires to know and share love with his/her creation, and actively takes part in influencing their creation with the dusting of their power to lead many to know them. In the ant analogy this would be the equivalent of us using our fingers to push them in the right direction, or take them off the ground and transport them elsewhere.

What do you do about this kind of god according to your dualism dichotomy?

BELIEVE what you will user.

Ever heard of pascals wager?

You mean DO as thou wilt…not as you want. Bit of a difference.

"If i follow god, good things will happen. if i don't, bad things will happen"
that is conventional wisdom. There are exceptions to it. The book of Job and Ecclesiastes highlights the fact that conventional wisdom does not always work.

You got to remember that even when David sinned, god still forgave him because David truly loved God and god truly loved him (who is love according to both Judaism and its predecessor Christianity).

*tips fedora/menorah*

Thats why "abrahamistics" religions are the best and the fully potential thing why christianity is top tier.

The problem is that they arent "gods", if they are then we are the gods of ants.

Actually the "faith point" is about "benevolence".

That only works if the choices are between ONE religion and NO Religion.

There's so many religions, each one more ridiculous and unlikely than the next, I see no way to narrow it down to one form of organized insanity to commit myself to. Can you teach me?

I'm not a Jew. Why should I believe in their holy books? I mean, I'm saying give me some way to validate that any of this is true. God doesn't need to be nice to be real, but he needs to be real in a way that I can understand.

If he's real but outside human perception, then he functionally doesn't exist insofar as its going to be able to make a difference in my life. How can I wrap my mind around something like that to do anything with it? How to differentiate between one of these such incredibly mysterious and complicated things and the others?

None of it is real. It's all bullshit to make humans feel special.

Just accept this and move on with your life.

I cannot. I believe that its a personal journey between you and God.

Go to pastors in churches, guru's, the likes. See what the belief entails and think critically about each; see which one satisfies you the most in the next couple of years. Once you find the one that truly works, go for it and stick to it.

God is god, that's all i know.

So you are saying that since God exists outside of what you can comprehend, that he has no effect on you?

Thanks for the correction user

You have no proof that this is truth or fact. You just have a hypothesis.

Sorry it took me so long to get back to you. My journey to find God started when I left organized religion behind and started my own path. Your relationship with God is a very personal thing. What works for me most likely won’t work for you.

Faith is belief in the absence of proof. If God were to come down to earth and prove himself, then He’s a fact and faith is destroyed.

I can’t tell you whether or not there’s an afterlife or whether or not we will be judged for our naughty behavior. I do know that whether or not you believe the 10 commandments aren’t a bad set of rules to live by and the 7 deadly sins are best avoided for a happy life.

Nah, I see it more as a guy creating the bacterial colony as an accident

Two things are flawed in your ant analogy
The bactery cultivator is far more optional and realistic type of god
The cultivator might have created the culture on purpous or by accident, but still chooses not to interact with it

As to what do you do with your god I have no idea since I don't even see it as a possible deity to begin with

religion is retarded.

tbh fam, if I were god, I'd fucking let humanity get nuked by an asteroid. I mean we fucking nailed him to a stake when he came down and gave us free food and miracles and shit

reminder that the inventor of "I met God. She's black" is Jewish

Maybe the universe is god's godlyness fair project for god school. What do you faggots think he got?

he got molested by his uncle Bill

How would families even work for gods? Where did god come from?

Easy. Ask the gods to come out of hiding. If nobody shows up, then they are all a waste of time.

Well
I reckon god comes from a incestral (presumably the father-daughter marriage) family stricken by an act of treason from one side (presumably the father's side) with another one of their kin (presumably the son); which in fact caused god to dissolve it's inner rage in alcohol, ketamine and opium to say atleast
The world he created is an anology to him trying to fix the family he has been found in (his omnibenevolence to his children is a reconstruct of his ideal of perfect omnibenevolent family) but in the end he fucks up everything by falling in love with his own creation, thus fucking multiple of his children (mary was persuaded into having sex with a pigeon, Sarah was persuaded into having sex with a promise of a child to her retardo husband, Joseph was raped and cucked during his sleep, thus causing him to take CJ under his own…) Just like his own father did
Him sending CJ on Earth is analogy to he himself being "sent" by his father to fix the shit dissolving family
Fact is, he realised how much of a plot device CJ is and ends up killing him and sets up a dopleganger as a setup to fix the shit
He made peace with his life 1900 years ago
He put the universe to work on autopilot
He ended his life by overdosing with amphetamines and whore orgies

He had left us you fools! Nobody but the autopilot is looking after our shit

Tl; dr: god is spawn of incest, the divorce hits him hard and he creates the cosmos, fucks some bitches and kills himself leaving us alone

i'm sure you'd enjoy a dip in the lake with our two delightful hostesses, Concrete and Slippers. they make a nice contrast but at the same time both are uncontrollable nyphomaniacs. try on these safety bracelets for comfort. aren't they just, like, bling?

Dat cosmic projecting.

this tbh fam

A 'c' tops.

No effect I can react to consistently. If God is real and acts upon humanity, but I have no means to know he does this, I have no means to know he's real or not… If I cannot isolate a cause-effect relationship between God and any given action, phenomenon, being, etc, then its irrelevant whether he exists or not, and he's functionally "absent". Not "non-existent" absent, but certainly not a personal God i can interact with or have any kind of moral code based upon him. It renders you functionally atheist in the amount of influence God would have in shaping your perspective, your decisions. His existence or lack thereof becomes one of the million other facts of life you have no control over, and are influenced by this to some degree of another but likely don't notice or ponder it.

This is an issue, if that's the case. And I cannot know if it is or is not. If I could prove God is real or fake, to have an objective true answer, then this wouldn't be an issue at all.

I can say the same about electrons.

You cannot.

No effect I can react to consistently. If electrons are real and acts upon humanity, but I have no means to know he does this, I have no means to know they are real or not… If I cannot isolate a cause-effect relationship between electrons and any given action, phenomenon, being, etc, then its irrelevant whether he exists or not, and he's functionally "absent". Not "non-existent" absent, but certainly not a personal electron i can interact with or have any kind of moral code based upon him. It renders you functionally atheist in the amount of influence electron would have in shaping your perspective, your decisions. His existence or lack thereof becomes one of the million other facts of life you have no control over, and are influenced by this to some degree of another but likely don't notice or ponder it.
This is an issue, if that's the case. And I cannot know if it is or is not. If I could prove electrons are real or fake, to have an objective true answer, then this wouldn't be an issue at all.

Memes.

So what you're saying is that when people stopped making offerings to Zeus,, the people in the religion business had to cook up something more appealing to stay in business?

You can't know in this life. You can only believe. As soon as you're dead you'll find out.

Lain is God

Funny. I guess you *can* literally say it. Its just not true, lol.