Let's talk about PCI-Express ports

Let's talk about PCI-Express ports.
We all know you can put graphics cards into them, among other things, such as PCIe SSDs, network cards, sound cards, USB expansion cards, other port expansion cards RAID cards, and lastly mining ASICs. But what else? What about server specific hardware?

I have a 7-port USB3 expansion card and an 8-port SATA expansion card in mine, but what else could could I put into mine? My motherboard has seven pci-e slots and I have four empty ones, I want to fill them up with something, does Holla Forums know of anything cool?

Let's talk about that.

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/PCI-Riser-adapter-Flex-Cable/dp/B0054C3BO6
new.ieiworld.com/en/product/items_by_cat.php?CA=1
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I don't put anything in my PCI-E ports, because my motherboard isn't garbage and came with everything I needed.

Just kidding OP. This thread is pretty alright.

Aren't these things for e-gpu shit too?

>get cancer

The bedserver already has this, 12x 10GbE.

Cisco 3750E - 48x 1GbE, 2x 10GbE

Wouldn't the pci card not fit correctly in the case as that add-on will add a bit of height?

Depends on the case

amazon.com/PCI-Riser-adapter-Flex-Cable/dp/B0054C3BO6

kek

Are you me?

you're not bedserver

An additional USB header. Then you can connect a card reader to your build without (usually) gimping the front USB panel on your case.

DMA attacks

Throw one of these in there?
Computer while you computer.

new.ieiworld.com/en/product/items_by_cat.php?CA=1

Why am I not surprised that a macfag doesn't know that PCIe is hot swappable.

I didn't say hotswap support didn't exist in the PCIe spec, I said it's practically never implemented. In other words, PCIe sucks even more IRL than on paper.

I haven't bought a "Mac" since the OS 9 PPC days

We should create a new PC peripheral standard based on Thunderbolt/USB type-C

Since thunderbolt/usb-type C are existing standards it avoids that problem, maybe we can slightly modify the interface to include a daughterboard mounting bracket or some shit but the connector itself doesn't necessarily need modification