Tell me

Something I'm curious about, /pol, is why so many people glorify Vikings. They were quite simply the most barbaric, backwards, and shitty people in Europe. They spent their lives raiding, looting, pillaging, and raping the better, more advanced European civilizations (aka snow niggers) and got their asses kicked hard any time they came up against something more fierce than unarmed farming villages.

Yeah, they were explorers, but they didn't do anything with that exploration. No great efforts of colonization or civilization building were accomplished due to this exploration, since all they were ever doing is looking for new places to raid.

When I look at what's happening in Europe today, is it really that surprising that the Scandinavian countries are the ones so quickly and totally falling under the sway of the left? It speaks to their hearts and their history, the only reason they advanced further than others is due to their proximity to the actual, advanced cultures and peoples of the rest of Europe.

Read a fucking book and educate yourself faggot.
Not the jewish ones though, and know that most writings from that time come from tamed christians who thought it was the apocalypse coming for them.

Also sage for not seeing 70 years of Cultural Marxism and kikery targeted at the most iconic countries for the White Man. (Sweden, Germoney, France, UK, … )

I have read history, and that's why I'm asking this question. The other countries you listed, England, Germany, and France, all actually built civilizations, created technology, art, and culture that can still be appreciated today. The Scandinavian nations accomplished nothing even comparable to that, aside from their much vaunted explorations, which as I mentioned, weren't of any value since they never did anything of worth with this edge.

That would be the popular opinion about them, but as is often the case it's fucking wrong. Please go read an actual history book.

Because they were strong, fierce warriors and badass, really no other reason. "Cuckstanity" has done better for Europe than paganism ever has, paganism has only lead Evropa's sons to loot and pillage, rape and burn their own stock.

Even the conquering that they did, was mostly against Europeans. For example when they conquered England.

I have no idea why everyone loves them so much.

You fucktards I've read every source on vikings I could, they have a beautiful culture yadayada (although we don't know much about it because they couldn't read or write for some odd reason…)

Same reason pirates are glorified, really. Exact same reason, actually.

They really weren't fierce or badass warriors though, every time they went up against an organized military force they got their shit kicked in.

Pirates are also little more than violent thugs who damage civilization, so you're not really giving me a different viewpoint on Vikings. If we're going to glorify pieces of shit like this we might as well start talking about how great the Bloods and Crips are.

You're completely right, but they did have a couple big victories, I think mostly it's because of their culture.

Like spartans, they had a warrior based culture. Their whole fucking religion was based around dying in battle, if that's not hardcore as fuck than nothing is.

They're way better than gangs, comparing them is quite silly. They were strong white men, but sometimes deserved of the term "Snow nigger"

Glorious conquers and sailors, they discovered and settled on multiple notable locations, most notably is the hotly debated "Vinland"

They went up against empires you dumbass. These were trained sailors.

a) Vikings were actually quite civilised and technologically advanced for the time. Their metalwork was near unparalleled (hence why it's so easy to still unearth Viking relics even as a hobbyist today) and their shipwrights were the most sophisticated in all of Europe. You don't get to sail to North America in the year 900 in a dinghy boat.

b) Every culture has its enemies and the Vikings had quickly become loathed by the Christianised North because their itinerant nature had made them resistant to proselytisation. You should be extremely sceptical of much of what's written about the Vikings for this reason. If you were to believe even half of what Christian apologists have written about their hate figures du jour you would have to strike off every Pope since Linus along with every nation and people on the face of the earth. For fuck's sake the *Cathars* weren't good enough for this lot.

c) If any civilisation is coasting on an overrated rep, it's Rome. The entire notion of multikult and "citizenship" was arguably solidified in Rome, an empire that was largely running on a Greek cargo cult. Everything people bitch and moan about the Vikings is what you would've heard from the mouths of late coastal Greeks about the Romans.

Oh, and saged because this is a completely worthless slide thread from some NSA faggot. Take your D&C and shove it up your cunt.

They were not conquerors, they were raiders. There's a very real and notable difference between those two things. They were excellent sailors, but as I mentioned, what did they do with that? Nothing.

Oh look, a Vikingboo. I've already covered their nautical exploits, not worth much since they never accomplished anything with it. Their metalworking was good, but not the greatest, and certainly not far beyond anything in their time.

The rest of your argument can be summed up as claiming they got a bad rap from other cultures, and then trashing the Romans who built the greatest ancient civilization known to man, with technological, political, cultural and artistic works that still resonate today.

Weak DnC. Vikings were great warriors.

Not much of anything else until they got Christianized but how much more do you expect?

Why do you hate vikings so much? They were great metal workers, you can't take that way from them.

What "great warriors"? This is a meme that needs to die, the Vikings were not great warriors, they lost every time they faced a real military force. If you think killing unarmed civilians makes you a great warrior I suppose the gangsters in Chicago are amazing warriors too. Actually, they're a cut above Vikings since they mostly kill other, actually armed, gangsters.

I hate the glorification of a race and people that don't deserve it, who exhibit the worst characteristics of men, that we supposedly hold in contempt and disgust. In other words, they were degenerates, and just because they were white degenerates, it shouldn't excuse their behavior and history.

This guy all day with the anti Viking threads and posts, just repeating the same shit over and over. We get you're a D&C shill, fuck off.

This.

Wrong nigger.

England, France, Germany and all countries of medieval Europe were simply all apart of the Roman Empire at one point. The reason they were all successful after the collapse of Rome was because they already had a great foundation built FOR them, they took what Rome gave them and built upon it.

They did not build their countries themselves. Rome did the heavy lifting and cucked themselves to the point of collapse.

Rome however, did not conquer Scandinavia, so the Norse literally BUILT their OWN culture and country. In very harsh conditions. Very cold winters, hard land to farm, little variety of wildlife etc…

Now imagine, all of Europe under Christianity, massive castles, armies, fortifications etc… ALL of them feared the Vikings.

The Vikings, coming from small backwoods countries in Scandinavia who worship different gods, have a different culture (one set on family values, social merit, growth prowess in battle and exploration) and yet were somehow able to shock and surprise all of Christian Europe.

Their boats were marvels at the time, they could traverse anything from rough seas, to narrow rivers if they were deep enough. They were also small enough to be transported over land if needed.

They were great at working metal and living with nature, rather than against it.

None of their warriors feared death, so much so that many tales were written (inspired) by the so called "berserkers."

Many of their women were said to have even fought in battles as well. Sure they ultimately lost, but that's because they didn't fight Christianity as hard as they fought it's armies.

Despite how successful they were towards the end of their civilization, they definitely deserve more respect than your cucked Roman Christian cultures.

GAS YOURSELF YOU FAGGOT

Would it have pleased you more if they had built a giant city and filled every building with a Scrooge McDuck pit of shekels, (((user)))?

d&c shill thread spotted

If none of their warriors feared death why did they fear going up against a military rather than defenseless villages? People living in ghettos fear black thugs, I guess that means they're mighty warriors. Oh and they built their own culture, how nice, too bad it was a shitty, inferior culture that produced nothing of note or worth.

I have still yet to hear how these pieces of shit contributed anything to Western civilization, which as you admit, stemmed from Rome and its former colonies. The United States Founding Fathers even based its government on Romes Republic, truly, the greatest civilization ever known to man. The fact you would even think of comparing the backwards trash that were the Norse to the glory of Rome is disgusting.

You're an idiot. When the Vikings got Christianized/Romanized (aka Normans), they wrecked everyone in Europe and led the Crusades and revived classic architecture.

All Europeans know this.

This. And I do want to note, I'm not saying that out of some butthurt about Vikings. I don't identify with that culture.
However, across the board, whenever you see somebody who refused to acknowledge ANY POINTS while conversing, that's the easiest way to mark a shill.

They talk like cable news pundits, who in turn talk like lawyers.
NORMAL PEOPLE on their home turf (

Hello Chaim.

They are glorified for not being a bunch of sniveling cucks like your tribe.

Funny how in Jewish productions from film to video games Vikings are the only white culture ever portrayed in any kind of positive light, whilst Anglo-Saxon culture and achievements are always portrayed as the villains. Maybe the Jews understand the fact that admiring and emulating backwards snow niggers can be safely encouraged.

Just blatantly not true.

Except that's more of a video game thing, Shekelstein (i.e. the barbarian class in every RPG), and that medium is only getting jew'd presently.

Show me an Anglo-Saxon equivalent of How To Train Your Dragon or Skyrim.

REEEEE
Why does no one here know about the Keltic civilizations? They where older than the Roman empire and outdated them for centuries after, they survived untill the 1600's and some are still alive today.
You are forgetting to look into the Keltic civilizations, you are shitting on all of Europe if you don't.

Dishonored.

PS: Your view on the Vikings is spot on in my opinion.
But the exclusions (deliberately or not) of the Keltic civilizations in historic discussions like these are a huge (HUGE) gap in these theories.

This isn't about the Kelts, did I trigger you?

It's about this:

The foundations you are talking about that according to you where built by the Romans and taken by other nation states at the time. They where already made by the Previous and still living Kelts at the time. The Romans where not the only super power. The Kelts knew the same fate as the vikings.
But don't underestimate their legacy, the Romans warfare tactics and weaponry was based of earlier Keltic warfare and weaponry (tortoise shield formations, chariots, swords, chainmail). Just some examples.

True enough. Well said.

Wanna reeeeeee

Only a very small part of modern germany was within the boundaries of the roman empire…

Ever heard of Arminius?

You gave us Renzi.Be glad Florence isn't nuked (but Emilia Romagna should be absolutely fucking destroyed,fucking communists hellhole)

One of their greatest contributions to mankind was their tradition that all of their society was subject to their laws, and every man had inherent worth in society, with predetermined rights.

You've read no history at all, they conquered over half of the British Isle going up against the armies of the kingdoms there, and they sacked Paris 3 or 4 times, defeating the armies and fortifications of what was one of the most heavily defended cities in all of Christendom.

Germany was never apart of rome they stomped the Roman's fucking heads in when the faggots tried to cross into germania

Celts are breddy good we should have more about them

People should be proud of their heritage.

I'm proud of my Anglo/Scottish heritage even though they are objectively races of cucks if examined today.

It's because they're tall and have unique features.

Look back and you can see all their problems stemming from and currently being caused by letting their women have too much power in society. it's the downfall of any people. The women of the west are in charge while the men of other societies are in charge, then it just boils down to women vs men and we know how that's going to turn out. Defeat, for us.

And I'll stress that it's just this. They haven't made any more contributions to humankind than any other European, their culture is no more interesting, their lore is no more mystical, nothing about them other than the physical features which tbh aren't that great. You don't see many Scandinavian men winning strength completions in the Olympics and their women are masculine as fuck. Tall, over exaggerated sexual features, bitchy and degenerate. Think who you always see with a black guy, it seems to always be a blonde girl. The dumb blonde thing isn't a meme, theyre prideless bimbos.

Absolutely untrue. First off, barbaric was a term for everyone not of the Roman Empire. Second, the Vikings were a merchant people. The entire Viking Age we read about of them raiding and pillaging was an act of defense against the Christian conquest of Europe, much in the same way the Crusades were an act of defense against Muslim conquest.

Yes, a people that fought their way from Scandinavia all the way to India, sacking the shit out of cities, "got their asses kicked by everything but unarmed farmers."

Have you ever visited Sweden or Norway? It's a frozen waste for half the year and the climate doesn't offer much for the other half. Just survival and keeping up some sort of civilisation there is an accomplishment in itself. If you look at the population, even today it's pathetically smaller than mainland Europe as a direct result of the climate. Back in the days Scandinavia's population wasn't 1/30 of Germany's for example.

This is why not much was accomplished there up to modern times (late 1800s, early 1900s) when development had caught up so survival wasn't an issue any longer.

They are babys first intro to WN. Even when I was bluepill I loved VIkings and Im not a Germanic or any of that.

Its that simple dont dwell on it too much.

vikings were snow niggers stil much much beater then actual niggers

but we glorify them because they posed all the things we now lack courage fighting spirit manhood

The Vikings actually had extremely advanced metallurgy for their time.

how is this masculine?

if you mentioned manjaws, yea I could see it, lots of Scandi femmes have them but exaggerated sexual features are masculine? WTF

although this might be bc niggers go after blondes more readily and blonde hair > more attention > more slutness

although if there was a cuck phenotype it would be blue eyes. I swear 90% of people with blue eyes I know are cucks, lefties or fags.
green eyes, blondes, redheads, brunettes, brown eyes, all fine but if you have blue eyes there's a big chance you're some kind of antifa-ggot or beta, specially true with women, some blue eyed men seem to make the cut but men in general are just less leftie than women so it might not mean much.

the Christians exaggerated their reports and accounts and made the Vikings seem like crazy motherfucker badasses when they were mostly farmers and fishermen and had a at-most an average military record (which makes sense since as I said they were mostly farmers and fishermen with some warriors/hunters/pirates in the mix, they weren't really organized and when they got more continental they became more organized and better at waging war)

this in turns gets translated by hollywood and romantics and other people over the centuries as the image we have of them.
it's a bit like comboys and the Old West, which was a lot less gun-shooty and violent than we imagine, but movies and books make it seem like the WILD WILD West

>what is Britain twice

Vikings were not great warriors, they lost every time they faced a real military force.

>twice