Just bought the jacket from Drive

Does that make me an autist now? Pic related.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/fxYjFNh_aIA?t=15m37s
meetsobsession.com/2011/film-animation/conversations/a-conversation-with-nicolas-winding-refn-on-his-new-film-drive-and-lead-actor-ryan-gosling/
depressiond.org/sociopath-sociopathic-personality-disorder/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Post your cunt or GTFO

Those jackets are fucking rad. Wear it with pride.

Yes.

Unless you're a 9/10 or better, you're going to look autistic.

It's not even so much that it's from a movie- it's just a really gaudy looking jacket

Yes, don't wear it until next Halloween or next time you go to some stupid convention

This jacket implies that you are a cuck and a victim. It's a reference from "The Scorpion and the Frog" and having a scorpion on your back is basically saying "everyone takes advantage of me, I suck nigger cock, I can't into sarcasm because i'm too autistic." You are a flaming faggot if you wear that jacket.

that post implies that you are an autistic shitposter.

top kek

shitposting or not, it's the truth.

Only your idea of the truth.

explain how I am wrong? It's literally a jacket with a scorpion on the back of it. Look up "The Scorpion and the Frog", they even mention it in the fucking film.

Driver is the fucking ‘Scorpion’, you cumgurgling retard. How the fuck can you not understand that? You’d have to be borderline comatose not to grasp that.

No he's fucking not, he is the frog, you fucking retard. The entire film is about him being used by scorpions, if you didn't figure that out, you're the fucking autist here.

Holy shit, nigger – you are legit retarded, aren’t you?
Even fucking Stuckmann realised Driver was the Scorpion.
youtu.be/fxYjFNh_aIA?t=15m37s

Do us all a favour and don’t drop out of high school, mate.

Who in the fuck is (((stuckmann)))?

I don't care what some faggy e-celeb has to say about anything. The fact is, the Driver is the fucking frog, it even plays into the myth. The driver is there to provide the passage when there are scorpions constantly jumping on his back. It's fucking elementary-tier comprehension, yet you fail at realizing it. The jacket has a scorpion on the back of it because it represents how he is the frog with a scorpion on his back. It's so obvious, it's not even funny.

Not bad OP, I see that there are a few dropping to near the $50, figured that's when I would get one.

Driver – the Scorpion – hurts everyone around him – Irene, Standard, Shannon, &c. – he doesn’t mean to, it is in his nature.
He has the image of the Scorpion on him – how much more clear can the film-makers make it to get you mouthbreathers to understand it?

I take it you have access on a search engine – though judging from your previous posts, you don't research anything after coming up with your retarded ideas.

You are truly retarded. The frog = the vessel, the carrier, the car, the driver etc… He is the carrier of the scorpion, not the scorpion itself.

Even someone with down syndrome could figure this out.

That is some fifteen-year-old level of film analysis right there.

Pray tell, can you give any examples where a character bearing a symbol/sign/icon is not representing that symbol?

Bad news for you then…

tits or gtfo

You're both wrong. The symbol means that he was stung by a radioactive scorpion and was given scorpion powers, thus making him a superhero.
How not one, but two people on this planet can be this immesurably dense is beyond me

Even that makes more sense than Driver being the Frog.

Not as much as the werewolf take, but still.

It has nothing to do with film analysis, it has everything to do with common fucking sense. The scorpion is on the frog's back, the frog is the carrier (Driver) and is constantly being fucked over by scorpions. It's so fucking obvious.

To a fifteen-year-old, perhaps.

>everyone else, quite a few who get hurt (dare I say stung?) by the only character with the scorpion symbol = they are all the scropion(s)!

People like you are why I support euthanasia & abortion.

Haha, you guys are retarded. Scorpion's are cool, and wearing a jacket with a scorpion on it is badass.

That's not an argument. Try refuting what I am saying. You can't deny that it makes perfect sense. You are just some butthurt fag that bought a jacket and thinks he is le edgy kewl scorpion when he's actually the poor cucked frog. The jacket literally screams "I am a victim!!". It's beta as fuck.

looks good man

Newfags don't know the origin of that meme. back to → >>>/4cuck/

I see you conveniently missed replying to the rest of the post that pointed out your retard logic.

Driver is the Scorpion - the shark. The people around him, who get hurt by his actions are the frogs. If you cannot grasp such a simple concept there is no hope for you.

total class. beats a sock as cumrag anyday. much more absorbant and, well, comfy?

The entire movie is based on the fact that the Driver drives people around who end up stabbing him in the back. My 8yo little sister could even point this out. The driver is the frog who eventually gets revenge in the end. That's the basis of this entire film. The people he works with are the scorpion, he is the frog.

Your sister will say anything to get that onii-chan thicc

You entire analysis is boils down to this: the scorpion symbol is on the back of his jacket – get it!

Are there no good sharks?
He knows he cannot fight against his nature, and it pains him. All the people who relied on him and trusted him gets stung.

you are retarded

No, you're just too thick headed to understand everything else I am pointing out. The scorpion on the back of the jacket is the icing on the cake.

learn english, you fucking retard

Yeah, the character with the scorpion symbol - the shark - the werewolf - is obviously supposed symbolise the frog, because it is on his FUCKING BACK PEOPLE!

English is my fourth language - I take it you were able to understand most of my post though?

a round of applause for you two, making Holla Forums great again with all your might. click on the cockpump banner ad and we'll automatically list you for early extermination.

I didn't see anything wrong with his grammar, save he should have typed "get" instead of "gets".
But I do see something wrong with your apparent inability to capitilize English or anything else.

Exactly, that is the entire fucking point of the metaphor. A scorpion is on the frog's back. You mention this like it's some kind of coincidence that the scorpion was placed on the back of the jacket, like it's just some random thing they did. It was put on the back on purpose, for obvious reasons.

then you're just as retarded, retard.

typo ≠ bad grammar

samefag astroturfing

Those aren't typos, you tryhard faggot. Those are blatant grammar mistakes.

Where else would they put it, the front? It would be tiny.

I looked over it as a common spelling error. Most errors happen when you're beginning to type, or when you're about to stop.

They could of put it on the front but they didn't, because they wanted to symbolize the scorpion on the back. I assume they made the jacket white and the scorpion gold to highlight this even more. It's on the back for a reason.

I wouldn't know, since I haven't actually seen the movie I want to though. That's just my two cents on the jacket itself

fail

nice shoop, faggot

(checked)
then download the movie

replying to

have another fail, turdmuncher.

this will be you in that jacket OP

I don't have any sites that I trust for that sort of thing since KAT got fucked up. What do you use?

This is why you should wear plain clothes without symbols or ads. If you're worried about representing something you don't actually support, just wear bland shirts that have nothing on them.

Just use TPB, faggot

It's not that the symbolism bothers me. I just didn't expect to open a can of worms by talking about buying a jacket.

Well it's good to know that frogs with scorpions on their back are walking around in public.

DRIVER: You know the story about the scorpion and the frog? Your friend Nino didn’t make it across the river.

Both the frog and the scorpion didn't make it across the river because the scorpion signed the death warrant on both of them.

MO: You talk about the idea of Drive as a superhero film, can you talk about where the idea for the scorpion symbol on Ryan’s jacket came from and the allusion to the scorpion and the frog story within the film?

Refn: I knew I wanted a satin jacket because I knew I wanted him to shine at night. When you deal with very good actors, you often let them figure out their wardrobe themselves because that’s very much how they build their characters, through wardrobe. So Ryan would go out and find a jacket that he’d feel comfortable in and he’d bring it back and we’d make it satin. A lot of them were old military jackets with symbols of eagles and other iconic American symbols, and I thought “oh that would be great if he had a symbol on himself, like a logo!”
- meetsobsession.com/2011/film-animation/conversations/a-conversation-with-nicolas-winding-refn-on-his-new-film-drive-and-lead-actor-ryan-gosling/

It's Driver's logo - he is the Scorpion, like Bruce Wayne has the bat symbol.

The jacket is Driver’s ‘superhero costume’ – Both Refn & Gosling talked about Driver viewing himself as a superhero – and even a werewolf. When Driver is hurting others and breaking the law he is wearing the jacket with the scorpion symbol. When he is with Irene & Benicio, he isn’t.

Refn (or was it Gosling?) talked about the jacket acting as Driver’s armour.

In the closing shot of the elevator scene, we are told that Driver/the Scorpion have hurt/stung Irene, who trusted him.

Possibly.

Post pic so we can add it to the collage for effay cringe threads.

That's a redundancy if I've ever seen one.

it makes you cringeworthy, superficial, retarded normalfag. if you're still here, congrats man

That dog is ready to do some roofing.

Like, they didn't put it on the front of the jacket because a scorpion being cut in half by a zipper would look totally retarded.

Worst shipping service ever! It seriously took her half an hour to pack that box. Next time I'm going to FedEx.

Okay, I'll throw my two cents in here.

The fellow arguing that Driver is the frog because the scorpion is on the back of the jacket is being misdirected by a moot point. This guy is so focused on this point that he has even assumed the emoions and line of thought of those who made the film. The scorpion is a symbol, yes, however the placement of the symbol is likely irrelevant.

the fellow who thinks that Driver is scorpion is right, even though in the fable suggests otherwise. I understand that as the operator of the vehicle, Driver is the vessel of transportation and hence more similar to the role of the frog initially. However, please recall the nature of Driver's actions by considering the opening scene. Driver transports a ciminal and then leaves him in the baseball stadium for the police to find shortly thereafter; who in this instance does the stinging?

It's been a while since I've seen Drive (the movie is 5 years old for fuck's sake), so there may be some details I have forgotten, but I understand the point of the frog/scorpion allusion is ironic: as the driver you expect him to be the frog, however in truth he is the scorpion, complete with a history of "stinging" the criminals he transports. Somwhat is Ron Perlman and co.'s objective? To drown the scorpion, of course. At no point is Driver the victim; he may be the target, but never the victim.

Also, the jacket is fucking gay and tacky. I would only wear it as a halloween costume and even then would have second thoughts.

And could she fucking speak up a bit? Holy shit I can hear every fucking annoying noise EXCEPT her mousy as shit half assed voice. Also, why the fuck do I have to be here for her packing the fucking jacket? wouldn't I just give it to her, pay formit, and then leave? This is fucking stupid and I don't get how this can give anyone the jollies.

die in hell, frogboy

frogs detected

the Driver is the frog, you fucking autist.

So many coincidences… Are you jewish?

this is the most autistic video I have ever seen.

Tits "'and''' GTFO

Are you retarded or autistic – or perhaps both?

to summerize - it sounds much more like a man who wants to carry the burden of others (the frog), but is surrounded by too many scorpions for this to be possible. that's just my interpretation though…

but one interesting thing i did notice about the main character is he showed some symptoms of being a sociopath - depressiond.org/sociopath-sociopathic-personality-disorder/

it could just be put there to throw you off, but who knows.

test

And they say Holla Forums is full of retards.

What are you, some kind of hipster faggot that uses private trackers and thinks he's elite? Private torrent sites are completely useless, unless you're too fucking stupid to use a VPN or proxy.

His taste in clothes isn't the best, but he's a good game director.