RX 400 series/Vega/Navi News General

No effort edition

Other urls found in this thread:

videocardz.com/62945/gigabyte-launches-radeon-rx-470-g1-gaming-4g
videocardz.com/62940/powercolor-announces-red-devil-rx-470
videocardz.com/62934/msi-introduces-radeon-rx-470-gaming-x-graphics-cards
videocardz.com/62803/asus-strix-rx-470-gigabyte-rx-470-g1-gaming-xfx-rx-470-black-pictured
youtube.com/watch?v=CNNRGH3gMvg
youtube.com/watch?v=DUCZmit99v0
youtube.com/watch?v=NGU0Ix7bU1E
amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias=electronics&field-keywords=1070
amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B01HEQYQHA/?ie=UTF8&condition=all&tag=nisa-20&m=ATVPDKIKX0DER
amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B01JHQSZ5Y/?ie=UTF8&condition=all&tag=nisa-20&m=ATVPDKIKX0DER
newegg.com/global/au/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&IsNodeId=1&N=100203018 601203818
red.com/products/weapon-dragon#tech-specs
newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&IsNodeId=1&N=100007709 600565501 601206353
guru3d.com/news-story/amd-vega-launch-imminent.html
techpowerup.com/225081/high-pcie-slot-power-draw-costs-rx-480-pci-sig-integrator-listing
pcper.com/reviews/Graphics-Cards/AMD-Radeon-RX-480-Power-Consumption-Concerns-Fixed-1671-Driver
youtube.com/watch?v=GdOwCqYxBII
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Gigabyte launches Radeon RX 470 G1 GAMING 4G

videocardz.com/62945/gigabyte-launches-radeon-rx-470-g1-gaming-4g

PowerColor announces Red Devil RX 470

videocardz.com/62940/powercolor-announces-red-devil-rx-470

MSI announces RX 470 GAMING X and ARMOR 2X

videocardz.com/62934/msi-introduces-radeon-rx-470-gaming-x-graphics-cards

ASUS STRIX RX 470, Gigabyte RX 470 G1 Gaming, XFX RX 470 Black pictured

videocardz.com/62803/asus-strix-rx-470-gigabyte-rx-470-g1-gaming-xfx-rx-470-black-pictured

RX 470 Benchmarks:

youtube.com/watch?v=CNNRGH3gMvg

youtube.com/watch?v=DUCZmit99v0

youtube.com/watch?v=NGU0Ix7bU1E

I said ==IN STOCK==

If it's not in stock, it doesn't exist as far as any buyer is concerned

Bought mine for $590 AUD from Amazon delivered. Worth every cent.

Who gives a shit?

I'm all for power savings, but I'm not going to pay extra so I can save what, a few cents a year

Nope, as I explained the non-HBM of the GTX Titan X is more than enough to do 4K @ 60fps - it probably has enough bandwidth for 4K @ 120fps, but it doesn't matter because it doesn't have the performance to reach that FPS at that resolution anyway. And that's the main point AMD tards fail to realize - HBM would only matter at all if you had a card with the processing power to do higher than 4K @ ~120fps - no such card exists, nor will exist for perhaps 2-3 years.

What does that even mean? The GPU is the most important piece of hardware when it comes to gaming. The CPU makes a small difference, RAM a miniscule difference, and an SSD you have whether you're gaming or not.

And you pay for it, so what's your point? It's not as though RX 460 is better value. For $140 USD, it gets you 28fps in Witcher 3. The GTX 1070 gets you 83 fps for $410.

410 / 83 = 4.94fps per dollar
140 / 28 = 5.00fps per dollar

The GTX 1060 of course is even better value than the GTX 1070. And you know, it will actually fucking run the games the way the developer intended - not at 37fps on reduced settings.

filtered

False equivalency, if you want to talk USA prices you can get 470's and 480's for much much cheaper there.

How the 1070 is still 750-800$ over here? And the 1060 is 400-500$? Stop shilling so hard buddy.

It is funny how I still can't find your mythical $590 1070 for sale anywhere.

Not everyone buys CPU's with integrated graphics.

You Nvidia fanboys are all the same, power efficiency is good when Nvidia does it, and when AMD does it, it is irrelevant.

Also, muh look at the overpriced 470

He also conveniently left out the one right next to it.

amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias=electronics&field-keywords=1070

tbf there ARE

Also the same false argument here regarding the RX 460.

He was talking in AUD, not USD.

429USD is 562AUD

That's the amazon international, it ships to australia too

It has taken this long for it to hit MSRP, thanks Nvidia, you are truly my greatest ally.

4K @ 60fps = 8 x 1080p @ 30fps

Xbox One has bandwidth of 68.3 GB/s and does 1080p @ 30fps (note: such games probably do not reach bandwidth capacity)

8 x 68.3 = 546.4 GB/s

GTX 1080 has effective memory bandwidth of 600 GB/s, given Nvidia's colour compression technology which makes memory bandwidth 25% more efficient than spec.

All RX 470 and RX 480 cards are out of stock on Amazon. If it's not in stock, it doesn't exist.

amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B01HEQYQHA/?ie=UTF8&condition=all&tag=nisa-20&m=ATVPDKIKX0DER

$424.99 USD = $556.94 AUD

There's even cheaper ones, like this one for $409.99 USD:

amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B01JHQSZ5Y/?ie=UTF8&condition=all&tag=nisa-20&m=ATVPDKIKX0DER

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think there's been an Intel CPU produced in the past 5 years without an integrated GPU?

And I mean a decent integrated GPU, like the HD4xxx series, not old school crap like GMA

inb4 you try and point out Xeons or something

Listed in order of importance:

1. Reduced heat
2. Reduced noise
3. Reduced total power consumption
4. Reduced power consumption of some minor part

So long as the heat (and consequently noise) output of a card is ok, the power usage doesn't really matter.

Say a card uses 150W instead of 250W, that's nice, but it's only the equivalent of swapping out an old light bulb. Even if you run your GPU at max load 24/7, 365 days a year, the amount you save on electricity would be like 10 bucks or something.

I don't know how much power GDDR5 memory uses, but if RAM is anything to go by, it's like 2-3W. Suppose HBM reduces electricity usage by 50%, that's 1.5W saving max - big fucking deal.

tfw you would get nvidia but you know you're going to regret it with every driver 'update' if you did

AMD cuck can't even believe that GTX 1070s exist on Amazon for $590 AUD or less

Enjoy your stuttering but don't forget to take out a home insurance policy

The benefit regarding HBM is bandwidth (which is future-proofed for much larger resolutions than consumer-grade tech currently takes advantage of) and the PCB width, fucking read nigger.

Also it is a R&D project for interposer experimentation, which if you actually read the last thread instead of sperging out is related to Navi, the 2018 architecture which Nvidia has no match for, considering Pascal is just a Maxwell die shrink and higher clocks.

HBM is mainly for content creators and video editors and other professional tasks that can work at resolutions up to 8K and beyond, READ PROFESSIONAL TASKS, not your shitty video encoding in your 1070.

Well my RX 480 red devil is basically silent under load, so stop pulling bullshit out of your ass if you don't actually OWN a 480.

the 460 doesn't need 4GB you retarded nigger, the GPU at that computing power can't take advantage of a larger memory buffer.

Kill yourself faggot.

Pretty much, when the 980ti rolled around my 780ti turned to shit with the forthcoming driver update.

Forgetting the GTX 480 faggot?

Why does this faggot insist on shitting up every thread? I want fucking RX 480 news, not some cancerous tripfag shitting up the thread.

Here is a tip, make a Nvidia thread if you like sucking their dick so much, but no one will reply to it because Nvidia is a shit company that treats its customers like crap.

Also your passive-aggressive way of typing like in the other thread leads me to believe you are a faggot redditor.

XFX are a Tier 1 board partner, their 400 series cards are higher quality than Sapphires.

There are more websites than Amazon you retarded cunt.

newegg.com/global/au/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&IsNodeId=1&N=100203018 601203818

I run a AMD 270 and it runs fine. Man these new cards are shit on both sides AMD is likely to explode and nVidea is corrupt fucks as always
Somethings gotta give man.

Sorry not everyone's retarded enough to play your generic shitty jrpg #456156

It means it's actually okay to own a PC that's only a little more powerful than a console, or even, *gasp*, weaker than a console at vidya. Hell, now that the RX 460 is out, I'm considering buying a couple R7 360s when their price drops. I'll use them for a PCI passthrough setup. Consumer whore graphics dickwaving contests are not a priority for me, or for many PC owners.

So it's the same value, but you pay less for less. What's your fucking point? Is everyone required to buy the most expensive thing they can according to you? Jesus, vidya fags are cancer.

this, but also Linux drivers.

2GB is more than enough for the card's perf range. The 4GB models are clearly just pure profit for the card manufacturers.

Man I regret buying my 1440p IPS monitor.

Shit requires a strong GPU to get 60fps on highest settings, and worst of all it ghosts everywhere so even then it looks like shit.

Already addressed several times

It's you who needs to read:

"as I explained the non-HBM of the GTX Titan X is more than enough to do 4K @ 60fps - it probably has enough bandwidth for 4K @ 120fps, but it doesn't matter because it doesn't have the performance to reach that FPS at that resolution anyway. And that's the main point AMD tards fail to realize - HBM would only matter at all if you had a card with the processing power to do higher than 4K @ ~120fps - no such card exists, nor will exist for perhaps 2-3 years."

Of what consequence is that?

More marketing mumbo jumbo

Speak English gook

My GTX 1070 does H265 encoding at 8K. The same can't be said for AMD, as their cards do not support 8K.

It's obvious you have no idea what you're talking about, because you claim falls apart with the application of simple math:

The GTX 1080 has a memory bandwidth of 480 gigabytes per second (600 if we account for colour compression).

The maximum data transfer rate of a Red Weapon 8K camera is 0.3 GB/s. Source: red.com/products/weapon-dragon#tech-specs

Even if you were grabbing 10x that simultaneously (all entirely uncompressed, lossless 8K video), that would still only be 3 GB/s!

Nvidia just came out with 32-frame lookahead for H265 encoding, but even if we say 32 x 3 GB/s, that's still only 96 GB/s (10 independent videos lossless uncompressed 8K videos encoding simultaneously at max settings on one chipset!)

The top-of-the-line Quadro card that isn't even released yet (P6000) has a memory bandwidth of just 432 GB/s.

When you're working on a video or a texture, you're dealing with one 2K/4K/8K image - at most, perhaps two dozen more. With a game like Skyrim, you might be loading a 2K texture for a cheese, a 4K texture for a face or piece of clothing, an 8k texture for a wall or rock, etc. - and these things can be popping in and out of your screen within a second. The memory bandwidth usage is nowhere near enough to warrant HBM, but it's higher than the amount you would use in say encoding a video.

People lie.

The reviews show that the RX 480 is 82 degrees at load, and loud too. Aftermarket reduces the temperature to 70s, but still loud.

Also lol @ you having an RX 480, no surprise though

I agree with you that the RX 460's computing power renders it useless, however my point is that most modern games require more than 2GB of VRAM - that's just a fact. And please don't bring up some list of isometric RPGs as a counter example.

Enjoy your silky smooth 30fps

I know this is going to be hard for you to understand, but many consumers, including myself, can't stand playing games at 30fps or on low settings - and we can afford to spend $100-$200 a year on gaming

P.S. The GTX 1060 is also better value than the RX 460 on a strictly FPS/$ comparison

I had forgotten actually, seeing as the GTX 480 was several generations ago and I owned an AMD HD5770 at the time. Thing's change. I've used AMD GPUs for the past 7 years or so, but their offerings now are rehashed heatware that can't even compete with Nvidia's lowest offering (the GTX 1060). The GTX 1070 runs cool, quiet and fast - it's everything one could want in a card for its price.

I agree with you that 110 degrees is not a safe operating temperature. I also assert that 82 degrees is not a safe operating temperature, which is what the RX 480 does at load. This is precisely why I went for the GTX 1070, because it doesn't go above 59 degrees even despite how quiet it is.

Why even shill for people who don't care about your opinion

44 degrees max during Unigine Valley Benchmark on my GTX 1070

WARNING: DO NOT ATTEMPT TO RUN THIS PROGRAM ON YOUR RX 480 - YOU MIGHT VERY WELL FRY YOUR GPU

A 950 or 460 will easily get 60FPS in many modern games with a few settings brought down (to mid settings), and obviously any older game on all high.

This has no bearing on whether or not low-end cards are decent. They're decent in spite of your autism.

This is in meaningless averages, for the 8GB model. The 4GB 460 is better than the 1060 in modern APIs and has the best price/perf of any card currently.

Just make a thread for nvidia if you like it so much

lol I just re-read this and realized I typed 460 instead of 480 because you did as well. I hope you didn't actually compare the 460 to the 1060, the card that it isn't competing with in any way.

I agree with you that the RX 460 cannot be compared to the GTX 1060 - the RX 460 is garbage that should be compared to integrated chips. If you're willing to compromise on quality or don't mind console-style 30fps, then go with integrated which will run the latest like that fine.

If you're looking for a space heater or wind turbine, by all means go for a RX 480, but for immersive gameplay it simply doesn't cut it. Even if it did 120fps @ 4K I wouldn't buy it, because of the god awful noise it makes just to keep itself from dying due to overheat.

why not just not update?

You know fuck all kid, fuck off.

FILTER THE TRIPFAG

TRIPFAGS SHOULD KILL THEMSELVES

You don't belong here.

>>>/suicide/

Something's fucky.

Wow this thread is a fucking disaster.

I suppose the only mistake being made is arguing on an ideological level ("Nvidia cheats at benchmarks", "Gameworks has anti AMD features" etc), as the strong always win, but there really is no question that competition is only a good thing for a market and AMD supply the low and lower mid tier markets entirely adequately. I never understood some Nvidia owners disdain for the brand.

As the owner of 4x sapphire r9 280x toxic cards and 2x sapphire r9 270x cards THAT ALL FUCKING ARTIFACT across 1.5 years of drivers, multiple PSUs, multiple motherboards, CPU and ram

My question is: does anyone report artifacting / crashing problems with the new RX 400 series cards?

GTX 1060:

Temp: 65 degrees
Noise: 37 dBa
Performance: 61fps (Witcher 3 1080p)
Price: $250 (aftermarket EVGA)

Powercolour RX 480 Red Devil:

Temp: 76 degrees
Noise: 38 dBa
Performance: 54fps (Witcher 3 1080p)
Price: $280
Status: Only to be found on Newegg it seems (no global delivery), and out of stock

You poor stupid poor fags. I have the latest Intel Extreme Edtion CPU for maximum performance. I bet you are using poor quad core CPUs or even super poor AMD CPUs LOL!

And you Linux people think you have games lol. I use Windows 10 for the optimal gaming experience with DirectX 12. DirectX 12 is the best and it works the best on Nvidia. It's why Nvidia has DX12.1 and AMD only has DX12.0. HAHA. I am enjoying the best gaming experience with the best software and you're playing shit like xonotic and original DOOM lol. Why do you even need to graphics cards you can just use your 5 year old cards.

Enjoy being poor you poor AMD fags. With your $300 graphics cards lol. I'm going to sell my 1070 in the next few days to buy a new Titan. I bet you're all so jealous with your shitty little cards and your broken drivers. I'm so glad I'm not poor like you poorfags. Cheap ass AMD hardware, free OSes that are so bad they can't even be sold. hahaha. You will all learn the power of Intel, Nvidia, and Windows 10 soon as I am here to educate you on why you are so dumb and wrong about AMD and how AMD and free software is wrong.

haha AMD fag. Nvidia's GTX 710 is quieter than all of those shitty AMD cards. AMD is shit you suck lol

btw I'm LaughingBehind1070 you dumb poorfags lol

I'm a giant faggot, pls buy Nvidia.

Oh no, a 7 FPS difference what a shocker! Nothing a small OC can't fix.

I buy my cards to replace them 2-3 years down the road, and Vulkan will be the standard then I brought this card for the future, and it performs good in the other DX11/WINE games I play.

Irrelevant, both are within manufacturers specifications for lifespan and thermal durability.

Wow, I will really hear that 1 db difference user!

Also

I don't even play that game, in the games I do play, it performs good, and rest assured it will get performance and driver optimizations for at least 3 years, where the 1060 driver support will get dropped when the 1160 rolls around.

AMD FAGS BTFO

The RX 480 is a piece of shit, it can't compete with the TITAN X®

ABSOLUTELY BTFO

Why has no Manufacturer made a low-profile RX 460 yet?

We don't allow Redditors/

>>>/reddit/
>>>/niggers/

I'm curious, what would you use this for? Isn't the slot size the same?

No, they are half-height PCB's and brackets, they usually come with an adapter. And fit into OEM DELL/lenovo SFF machines.

Pic related.

Here is a low profile card with a full-height bracket.

okay. I have a low-profile card with a full-height bracket, so thanks for showing me the half-bracket.

He meant USD you ginormous faggot
Obviously the price is going to be higher in kangaroo land because of taxes

And every Xorg update, and every kernel update

schedutil is comfy af

How sad.
It also can't compete with
Oh, but it can compete with the 3.5GB Vram 970. :^)

Make a Nvidia thread then faggot.

lmao what a stupid faggot

When the fuck will the prices drop on the R7 360? The RX 460 is nearly twice as fast as this card in many games, but they're selling for almost the same price on newegg.
newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&IsNodeId=1&N=100007709 600565501 601206353

I want to snag a couple R7 360s for a passthrough build, because I don't really plan on playing demanding games, but there's no point unless they go below $70 in cost.

VAT taxes really do drive up the costs on imports a lot. Speaking as a Holla Forumsetariat, I'm against it because it taxes proles more than it taxes porky.

Companies charge more in Australia "because they can".

Maybe when they need to make room in the warehouse for the (more) 460's they will start the sale.

nah

Yeah that's also true.

So the warehouse size determines the cost? lmao, I guess that makes sense. I was only thinking about the demand, which must also be going down. Hope they have a small warehouse.

You youngans complaining about price of things in Australia now.

Back in the days we got items that were at least a season behind, paid double, and we were grateful.

It isn't my fault retards keep buying from Australian distributors and not US ones to circumvent the price gouging.

If people are retarded people will continue to exploit them.

Also, >>>Holla Forums

>>>Holla Forums

Are you a retard by any chance? A warranty is not fucking worth $200 over the USA price, newegg usually has a International warranty you can get as well.

Yeah, definitely >>>Holla Forums

doesn't newegg also raise the price for aussies?

Do you realize that some people like spending their money conservatively and not just sperging out and putting their 1080 on mummies credit card.

yep

they also charge like 120 dollars for shipping

yeah, definitely >>>Holla Forums

Pretty sure they use a direct USD to AUD conversion, but shipping is about $30-60 though.

Amazon have some good deals as well, but sometimes they have free shipping.

>>>Holla Forums

I'm not from Holla Forums retard, but charging $200 more "because they can" is just fucking retarded.

Nice try retard, I've seen plenty of your kind on Holla Forums

>>>Holla Forums

So you want to pay more for the SAME product?

Australian retailer detected who is butthurt people are buying from the USA instead.

Pic related, its you.

Don't like it, start an import business yourself.
Make your own thread in Holla Forums instead of trying to hijack a thread libcuck.

Typical libcuck. At least you stopped pretending you're not from Holla Forums.

I don't even go on leftypol retard, you are the libcuck who likes bending over for corporations.

Nice samefag faggot.

Or you could just buy from USA retailers.

Typical triggered samefagging Holla Forums

I like how this one faggot speaking against capitalism and is posting anti semitic shit is trying this hard to pretend he isn't from Holla Forums.

I'm sure the guy who's supporting the free market is from Holla Forums.

Are you retarded cunt? I said buy from USA retailers to avoid the local price gouging.

I'm not paying more for the same product.

Butthurt faggot detected, everyone on Holla Forums knows the interests of the citizens comes first, not the profits of corporations.

I wasn't speaking against capitalism you illiterate retard, I was speaking against PRICE GOUGING.

Fucking read faggot.

So easy to spot the libcucks

freech please, you're not fooling anyone

lolbertarian trash, you don't belong on Holla Forums

Doesn't hurt my feelings at all.

PRICE GOUGING IS BAD FOR THE CONSUMER

YOU ARE THE CONSUMER

Are you seriously justifying corporations fucking people over?

On the DOTR lolberts like you will hang.

Corporatist scum who are a traitor to their people.

hey retards get back on topic.

The last Radeon thread hit bumplock.
Why don't yours? Is it because you're irrelevant, or because you post so many of them?

wait for it

I really don't get it. What is with this shill/fanboy mentality that Nvidiafags get? Do they think it will improve their life if more people buy the same graphics card that they have? Do they think this obnoxious shitposting is actually going to help Nvidia? I simply don't see AMD users blindly defending and promoting the company in the same way. They don't make stuff up nearly as often, and they're readily willing to recognize that the company has plenty of fuckups. They acknowledge 1st gen Zen won't even be as strong as Skylake, they admit the new GPUs are a bit worse in DX11, etc.

Also, it seems like the Nvidia shills literally only care about vidya. They're never going to try to crack crypto, they're never going to use an open source driver on Linux. I occasionally see someone talk about CUDA or certain rendering software, but that's about it.

Am I the only one who imagines the development process of this card to have gone something like:

it's a fake picture dude

good goy.

>what is business cronyism
>what is market failure
kill yourself, lolbertarian scum.

Do your employers pay you a bonus for every thread you derail?

ripping people off is capitalism, but seriously stop derailing.

dohoho, no one was really giving a shit until the AMD defense force started going crazy about the 480. They aren't even regular AMD buyers, they seem to be mostly newfriends building their first PC and bringing their shitty tribalism grounded in poverty to the new world. They bite on anything so enter the not entirely serious nvidia shills chumming the waters. It's easy as they legitimately seem to believe that a $250 card is "high-end" and are shocked to discover they can't keep a stable 60fps on max settings of the latest AAA Marxist propaganda piece.

Take your meds

nvidia retards don't even flinch at an image listing power consumption over half a kilowatt

It didn't start in this thread. And if you want an example of going crazy, an AMD fanboi was arguing that the 480 would just keep getting faster due to Vulkan support so the 480 should last him 5 years running at maxed 60fps.

AMD cards do get better perf over new driver updates though.

People were excited they would get 970 to 980 perf on a $200 card and they got it.

Thanks to he latest driver updates, my 390 nitro is beating the 970 and almost on par with the 980.

I have an ATI 5870 sitting next to me I use as a backup card which is about as old as he thinks he'll be still getting maxed 60fps. This thing has zero chance of producing more than a slide show on something like nudoom maxed out. Driver updates in no way surpass the doubling of performance we see every 1-2 years, they extend the life of a card by a couple months at most.
You might be a fanboi, user.

the rx 400 threads in a nutshell:

So how long until we discover they're doing quack.exe again?

Why would a programmer buy a gamer card with unreliable RAM?

HAHAHAHAHA

499 ftw

it's fake m8

I haven't bought a gpu since the r9 280x.

I play on a 1080 120htz monitor, and want to max out the resolution.

Should I get the 470 or jump ship to nvidia

NVIDIA of course, AMD is shit.

Because you are closing your eyes you fucking nigger. You AMDcucks intentionally shill the fuck out of AMD shit, almost universally fail to provide any anti-NVIDIA or anti-Intel argument beyond a pathetic "loljew" that reeks of "shittily copy Holla Forums arguments in a way that seeks to discredit Holla Forums" at best and "am i fitting it yet" at worst, then close your eyes to any activity your own kind does.

You're trying to tell me you don't see factually backed up statements with infographics showing how even multiple generation old NVIDIA and Intel hardware bests brand new AMD hardware being responded to with nothing but "lolshill" and "lol JEWvidia JEWtel olololol"?

Also

Another blind nigger. You jump at the chance to look at ANYTHING NVIDIA or Intel related and decry "shill", then you turn around and make circlejerk shill threads about AMD and its objectively inferior hardware.

Take your meds son

Fuck off you retarded faggot.

are you 15? Are you literally defending and compagny as if they care about you? Do you identify has a supporter of intelism? In any case, it is not a reason to make a massif amount of ad-hominem and use of a caps lock.

Are you 15? Are you literally defending a company as if they care about you? Do you identify has a supporter of Intelism? In any case, it is not a reason to use a massive amount of ad hominems and caps lock.

They should fucking hurry up with vega, I need a new gpu already.

Anyone has any idea how much one of those will cost? What kind of a price can I expect? 500€? 800€?

Is buying a

Apparently Vega is moved forward to October from January 2017.

guru3d.com/news-story/amd-vega-launch-imminent.html

It's true, I've been waiting for the next big card for three years

Shit i was told 490 would be september

Yep. I've been waiting for a decent and cheap CPU for about 6 years now.

Instead of January, it is now apparently October.

The year, you dumb dumb

there was no delay

Jan 2017

Now: Oct 2016

Hi, Shillary

4fucking70. Because AMD are on a fucking GPU renaissance and it's making the nVidia proprietary loving fags too jelly to recommend you otherwise.

techpowerup.com/225081/high-pcie-slot-power-draw-costs-rx-480-pci-sig-integrator-listing

The sound in that first video is actually a kike rubbing his hands really fast.

Jesus Christ. This place is a lost cause.

tldr don't buy a fucking 480 reference card

Jesus Christ. I knew I should have paid that whore to abort you.

It's still a huge problem.>This basically means AMD will get sued because they committed fraud when they sent their reference designs off to gigabyte, asus, msi, etc to base their cards off of, and it actually wasnt compliant when they said it was.

Eat shit and die.

I'm not surprised that a kid who has a whore for a mother has such a potty mouth.

They literally fixed that a month ago.

pcper.com/reviews/Graphics-Cards/AMD-Radeon-RX-480-Power-Consumption-Concerns-Fixed-1671-Driver

old fucking news, this shit was fixed ages ago

just because it was fixed in driver doesn't change the fact the device is by design faulty and still has a chance to fry your motherboard on first boot

Is this driver for linux?

AMD people sometimes fucking delusional.

I'm and I own 6 fucking AMD gpus that all artifact (using different boards and PSUs and drivers).

I got a 1070 and have no artifacting at all.

AMD has to convince people that their cards won't shit the bed any more after the r9 2xx series issues, and the rx 4xx series having pci-e slot power overdraw problems isn't helping.

Does nVidia still do stuff like invisible tessellation?

2 year old 280x xfx here. no artifacts. My sweet, precious sapphire 7970 ghz started to, though, after maxing out games and kept forgetting to crank up the cooler one summer.... it took a lot of gank to accomplish this and I regret nothing.

youtube.com/watch?v=GdOwCqYxBII

PCI-E overdraw, at the small amount it overdrew will not damage any PCI-E slot or motherboard, stop spewing bullshit about shit you know nothing about, they even fixed it and you Nvidia fanboys still fucking whinge about something so irrelevant.

Motherboard companies typically design the slot to be overbuilt, (even on budget boards) so they would get less RMA's.

I own 4, (280X, 390X, 5770, and 480 and have never got any artifacting. My old GTX 260 artifacts though.

It isn't faulty after the driver fix, so that it doesn't overdraw, did you even read the fucking link you faggot?

Long term endurance tests with the old driver which overdraws showed no damage to the motherboard.

Name one instance that has happened.

You know fuck all about electrical engineering besides some reddit shill claiming it set his motherboard on fire (which is impossible btw) and those faggots who claimed it still provided no proof.

They ran it 24/7 for about a month, while constantly overdrawing the slot.

Hey will it be important to have a good PSU with a Nitro 470 or can i wait a bit and upgrade after a while? I have a Corsair CX600 and those are apparently not super great.

your PSU is fine.

So how does the 470 compare to the 480? Some 470s are priced at $200 (if they're in stock) which is ideally the most I want to spend. Unless there's another video card I should be looking at for that price.

The 470's and the 480's are both significantly more expensive than they were supposed to be. And that's for the ones that are in stock. Waiting here myself to see what happens

Shut your motherfucker mouth nigger.
HBM is useful for a lot of things
besides much games.

Muh DX11.
Take a load of Vulkan piece of shit.

Why do people want these? They seem kind of crap? And the price isn't even good?

Vulkan and DX12 won't be relevant for at least 5 years so their performance today doesn't matter. We've been through this already with DX10 and DX11.

Ah yes.. "things"

>RX 480 and even RX 470 buyers thought they'd get [email protected]/* */ for 2-5 years

Neither of those cards have HBM, they use GDDR5.

Even dropped down to "very high" settings the RX 480 only gets in the 30-40 range. But at least it was a great value!

nvidia BTFO again! why do they even keep trying?

What's the possibility of 490 being announced in september?

The muh value shilling does piss me off though.

Does anyone know if the AMDGPU drivers got the PCI-E power draw fix for the rx 480?

didnt they get that like a few days after release

I didn't find anything concerning AMDGPU or AMDGPU-PRO other than a Moronix article stating that the fix was planned, and a thread on the AMD forums askung for the same about complaining about melted molex cables and a fried mobo.

October is more likely.