(((OY VEYYYY)))

Haaretz: "Voting to Leave Europe Is the Most un-Jewish Thing You Can Do"

It betrays the fortunate legacy of British Jews to hope that a Brexit will deny other refugees of war and dictatorship the sanctuary our great-grandparents received.

Like the overwhelming majority of British Jews, I am the descendant of ancestors who fled countries where persecution and pogroms were the norm. Put simply, if they had failed to find a safe haven in Britain, their descendants would not be alive today.'

I find it hard to contain the shame that next Thursday, in the referendum on Britain’s membership in the European Union, many Jews will vote to leave. For all the talk of sovereignty and democracy being used to justify the escape from the grasp of the venal, nonelected bureaucrats in Brussels, the real motive of those voting to leave will be a fear of immigrants.

It doesn’t matter if you’re black-hatted frum or a bacon-eater who hasn’t seen the inside of a shul for decades, and it’s got nothing to do with your politics or how supportive or critical you are of Israel. There can be no more complete betrayal of the fortunate legacy of British Jews than to leave Europe in the hope that this will deny other refugees of war and dictatorship the sanctuary our great-grandparents received. Any attempt to justify it is rank hypocrisy bordering on racism.

There is of course a legitimate concern over the fact that many of the potential immigrants today are Muslims, coming from countries where crude anti-Semitic propaganda is a major staple of the daily diet. It would be foolish to deny the need for vigilance by the security services and the media. Does that mean human beings who had the misfortune to be born in countries where despots use Israel and the Jews as scapegoats for their own crimes should be left to their fate?

Few of the millions of immigrants arriving in Britain over the last century came from model democracies. Our grandparents certainly didn’t. And yet Britain is a more tolerant and open society than ever and, thanks to this tolerance, no minority has prospered more than British Jews.

And yet, according to a Jewish Chronicle poll conducted last month, over a third of the Jews in Britain are planning to turn their backs on their heritage and vote for a Brexit. Of course, about half are voting to remain (and 17 percent were still undecided), but it beggars belief that it’s not just a few misfits and oddballs – at least 34 percent have no shame.

Jews cannot afford the luxury of having short historical memories. British Jews bear a unique double historical burden. They’re members of the one European minority that suffered more than any other throughout two millennia of mass murder, systematic discrimination and forced conversion. And they’re citizens of the one country in the last century to fight the entire duration of two world wars and the Cold War to rid Europe of dictatorships – Nazism and Communism.

Many of the British complaints over the EU’s restrictions and flawed policies are fully justified, but for all its Francophone dysfunction, today’s Europe – which has enjoyed seven decades of peace and trades in one single market – is more than anything the victory of British values won through immense British sacrifice. And while many Jews justly feel that the EU’s diplomats unfairly focus on criticizing Israel (which in real terms enjoys the most EU trade and cooperation in investment and research among non-European countries), how can they ignore the work done by the Union’s institutions in both fighting anti-Semitism and safeguarding Jewish culture in Europe?

(1/2)

archive.is/pDCIJ
twitter.com/haaretzcom/status/743878391321890817

Other urls found in this thread:

semiticcontroversies.blogspot.com/2015/10/jewish-and-zionist-influence-at-bbc.html?view=magazine
twitter.com/AnonBabble

In the company of Le Pen and Putin

Look around; there are still people among us who were alive back when nearly the entire continent was a hunting ground for Jews. Seventy years later, Jews have never been such equal and even honored citizens of Europe as they are today in the EU.

But even those who can’t, or more likely don’t, want to think back to their grandparents’ salvation should ask themselves in what company they are when they vote to leave Europe. Who else wants to break up Europe? Racists, fascists, anti-Semites, Marxist throwbacks and the Kremlin. Marine Le Pen in France, Beppe Grillo in Italy and Vladimir Putin in Russia – to name just a few of the more prominent figures.

They’re people who want to turn back the clock and return Europe to its dark age of nationalist chauvinism. Jews always suffered in those times. There is nothing to suggest that it will better if Europe ever falls back into those shadows.

Of course, there are some honorable politicians in the leave camp; Justice Secretary Michael Gove for instance, who is a true and staunch ally of Britain’s Jews. But Mr. Gove, for all his intellectual seriousness, obviously lacks the historical perspective if he truly believes Britain should leave Europe.

Outside of Europe Britain may be able to insulate itself from the turbulence on the Continent, though this is of course very doubtful and once again defies all historical experience. But what about solidarity with the Jews of Europe who are facing much more difficult challenges than those fortunate enough to be living in Britain? Can British Jews let themselves stand aside while other Jews could in a few years face restrictions on their religious freedoms, growing racism from the radical left and neofascist right, and attacks by Islamist terrorists?

Ultimately, as citizens of a Western democracy, the foremost consideration when voting on Thursday should be what is best for Britain. But there can be no question that what is best for modern and democratic Britain has always been best for the Jews as well.

No other community has prospered more in the United Kingdom, and at the same time there are no truer Europeans than its Jews. Voting to close off Britain, to turn our backs on our brothers in Europe and our fellow refugees who not that long ago could have been us or our parents, is the most un-Jewish act imaginable.

(2/2)

So, we made a mistake?

at least he's honest about one thing

Jews are fucking stupid, aren't they?
Can't they see that clinging to a sinking ship like the EU is suicide?

The same way the Jews were talking America to declare war on Germany

They are desperate.

What will they come up next?

oy vey how dare you claim we have dual loyalties… we are jews the eternal victims of goys.

They have Israel to flee to. I highly doubt many of them would be trying this had that shitty little nation come into existence.

I remember that thread.
sage for off topic

saved

They can farm money out of EU nations, they don't care for the well being of the U.Ks people since they have bodyguards of their own

What the fuck does World War 1 have to do with either of those things to justify this statement, honestly?

The mainstream (read: Jewish) view of the World Wars is that they were the wars of Democracy against Nationalism and Nationalism got its teeth kicked in because it was evil.

Take them into your own nation of Israel you fucking kikes. You started this mess and you're the only ones that give a shit about the refugees, well guess what, you have the tools to help them so fucking do it.

So the same people that built Europe?

Count me in!

what is that gif from?

Honestly couldn't tell you, maybe someone else can help out.

This is the one thing I don't get about the crying over the pogroms. Objectively every pogrom enriched and entrenched the Jewish people further. There is no possible way they can be seen as a net negative for the Jewish people as a whole.

Jewish supremacism is disgusting. When will these racist jews quit with their disgusting tribal politics and join the one race, the HUMAN race

Hataraku Maou-sama!

Google reverse image search m8s.

Do normalfags care what Jews think

only heretic Evangelicals

Let me see if I understand this logic.

* Jews find safe haven in Britain from pogroms in most of the countries in continental Europe.
* Having Britain tied into a European superstate will keep British Jews safer in future.

That is some room temperature IQ logic from Shlomo.

So the country they willingly fled to because it was safe and stable somehow magically won't be in future.

I thought they were supposed to be smart.

The article was full of red-pills. When people get desperate or anxious, they tend to accidentally reveal truths they tried to hide before

Freud was right about a few things.

For fuck's sake, the entire article is one big piece about how great Britain and the EU was for the Jews, even compared to other minorities.

Barely any mention about whether those things were good for native Britons or Europeans.

They're more worried about losing their honored position then about the natives.

Oh no, the Brits might do something in their own best interest instead of bending over for some unlubricated European kikery…

Beating a dead horse, I'm already sold on brexit.

Tbh famstein

The problem is that they are OPENLY anti-national slavers. And nobody is putting the writers of articles like this in the ground where they belong.

A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away….

Britbong here, we're so sorry.

Thanks for confirming what we always knew.

What caused the Germans to stick jews in ghettos and ship them off to the East?

I used to ponder this question when I was young.

The jewish control of finance?

Their involvement in communism?

Their involvement in degeneracy?

Well now I know.

It was their CONSTANT FUCKING WHINING.

WHINE WHINE WHINE WHINE WHINE

I had thought I was used to it but recently it's got even more absolutely fucking unbearable.

Its a lie, we stopped taking jews pretty early on. Doubt i need to read anymore.

Also, its (((their))) plan so of course its anti jewish to go against it.

You know they're just writing this because their communist buddies in Brussels wanted them to. This is not about Jews so much as it is about Ha'aretz's politically leanings. Or maybe both. I haven't gone through the EU government to explore how many kikes are in it, tbh

Brexit-related;

Kosher influence on BBC (for analysis follow link:
semiticcontroversies.blogspot.com/2015/10/jewish-and-zionist-influence-at-bbc.html?view=magazine

But (((they))) caused this to begin with.

If the EU really cares about the sandniggers, they'd nuke israel.