Planned Obsolescence

Hey guys, I'm trying to buy a reliable and durable laptop for years to come, any brands you recommend that don't fall into the planned obsolescence paradigm, would greatly be appreciated.

Other urls found in this thread:

ebay.com/itm/Panasonic-Toughbook-CF-28-Laptop-w-Battery-No-HDD-No-OS-/131974706714
crowdsupply.com/purism/librem-15
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Get a toughbook. If nokia was a computer, then it would be a toughbook. I personally own a cf-28 and I bought it in 2003. I've even dropped it off of a bunker and it still works like new.
The only downside it that they're as costly as a mac. But if you really want a time capsule that's almost indestructible, then get a toughbook.

thanks for the suggestion I will look into it good sir

Desktops are better about that than laptops because it's easier to switch out old parts for new on desktops. If your needs require a laptop, you might well like something harder to break like suggested, but that doesn't do anything about advances in software that require fancier hardware to run.

The EOMA68 on crowdsupply.

crowdsupply.com/eoma68

That is one of the millions of reasons why marxists fail. You are so short sighted.

ebay.com/itm/Panasonic-Toughbook-CF-28-Laptop-w-Battery-No-HDD-No-OS-/131974706714

I look for one here in Europe. Pretty sure they are way more expensive over here though.

How do I get the awful smell out of a Toughbook?

You are dumb for not only thinking we will make it to the stars in the foreseeable future, but also for planning on it.

nah…..

Not "we". You definitely won't make it. The path to the future goes over your dead body.

your post makes me picture a greasy smelly overweight pimpled teenager full of angst and fear thinly covered up with a superiority complex.

amirite?

we both know i rite.

Usually laptops in the 1k+ dollar range "Ultrabooks" are generally made to last. They are made of stronger materials and have superior thermal design

Stop projecting, homo.

You even type like a dumb girl.

thanks for comfy confirmation

I'm happy with my 2012 macbook pro; it has OSX installed but I almost always run Linux on it. You can pick up a used one pretty cheap (compared to a new one… it'll still cost about the same as a brand new cheap laptop)

so you're saying Toughbook spent years making inferior products because they were convinced no one could challenge their dominant position, and then when they finally accepted that they'd lost almost the entire market, they sold out to Microsoft for pennies on the dollar?

Samsung

crowdsupply.com/purism/librem-15