Check your privilege misogynerds

FEMINISM WON

I'm fucking sick of tabbing over from Holla Forums and seeing the exact same fucking thread, word for word. Fuck your comic book kino, nigger, your movies are shit.
Fuck you.

At least it's More historically accurate than battlefield 1.

Don't be a faggot Holla Forums wannabe. If you want to talk about the movie, start a real thread. But no one gives a shit about how much you're obsessed with shitting up the board. Go back to Holla Forums or beg your whore mother to pay attention to you.

Well to be fair both the comic book and the kino are shit these days,but then the same stands for Marvel too…

It Might be shit, but Battlefield is atleast loosely based on real history.

Meanwhile this is gonna end up being the butchered husk of the original (and still boring) story.

Remember, the difference between history and a story, is that history happened.

I like that it's going to be WWI
Less chances of being a Shoa.

Sadly I'm expecting a lot of propaganda for feminism.
You know like "Stop oppressing me" instead of "I will prove my worth.

Reminder that a fucking direct-to-video did this better. A. DIRECT. TO. FUCKING. VIDEO.

Implying that "I will prove my worth" isn't as bad as "stop oppressing me".

Why does it need to be set during a World War at all? How could being set in WWI possibly add anything to Wonder Woman's backstory aside from more needless masturbation?

Because the setting is perfect to explore the suffragete movement, which is the only moment feminism could possibly justify its existence.

lol

But the movie seems to be set mostly on the front, ie where there were no women and no suffragettes

Eat shit, tumblr faggo.

I just hope the drama around is as good as the one from Nu-Ghostbusters

THAT FUCKING KAISER HAD IT COMING TO HIM!!!!!

it looks like shit.
Also battlefield is not a good place for super heroes.

Drama that good only comes around once in a great while. This film will probably be rather unremarkable, as opposed to remarkably bad like Cisbusters

Feels good man

We already knew this movie was coming out.
Now watch it
A) Bomb like BvS
B) Sail on into 'eh, it was alright, I guess' like Thor and other movies that deal with mythological shit because you don't have a relatable protagonist that's a common man / woman

Me, I'm just going to be over here groaning how every journo outlet is going to keep telling me just how important this movie is, so important and how the patriarchy has been defeated even though Ghostbusters trailers did that already according to them.

Surprised they actually included Etta Candy and she wasn't a throwaway character killed immediately like Jimmy in BvS. But fuck slow-mo shit. I hate it when filmmakers overuse this shit. Still, looks like it could be decent if Goyer and Snyder don't touch it.
oh fug

Cool blog post, broham.

Fuck you, fuck your parents, fuck your grand parents, fuck your great grand parents, and fuck your entire family tree because it lead to you.

Where they getting the money for these?
Are capeshit movies a tax fraud scheme or something?

You might as well use a trip. You're that obvious

Investors. Shareholders. Jew Caves

I find that vintage Wonder Woman arousing.

Alexander is rolling in his grave.

Look on the bright side: At least she's White.

You're going to get a lot of comments for this

this shitskin right here

Big fucking deal, m8

sameFUCKINGfag

Kill yourFUCKINGself

Was?

The way this nu-male writers do it?
Yeah, they seem unable distinguish the difference, also from doing "Women can be good at X" without maleshaming.
Like in this here WW is being such a fucking SJW until Steve tells her to shut the fuck up and that she's actually being sexist with that attitude. That was priceless.

It has to be in the middle of a conflict so…. shit, we will probably won't have none of Diana Prince persona and the espionage aspect

WWI is a shit war to try to insert a superhero into.
And of course

I could not have said it better myself.

If anything, it's even more offensive for actual Germans.

You won't see a capeshit movie where our hero mows down tons of IDF soldiers for Arabs to stop our villain detonating a doomsday bomb.

WWII is pretty bad too, yet the Captain Jewmerica movies did it.

This.

You and your shitass board deserve deletion

This actually looks really good. Like what the Captain America movie should've been like. Justice League looks like trash but Wonder Woman looks great, who would've thought.

At least there's some sort of villain. Even if adolf wuz a gudboi he dindu muffins, da jooz just be opprezzin him, he go tu shurch erry day n shieet, dey make dat bullshi' up, he dind gass nuttin, he
Which are pretty fucking big things. Trying to conquer the world, leads a totalitarian country, calls himself dictator, restricts freedoms upon his citizens, and had made some fucking scary-as-shit propaganda. Daily reminder Orwell based 1984 partly on Nazi Germany.
All of these things make him a fucking good villian for capeshit, and an easy target for WWII propaganda, which is what cap originally was.
However, in WWI, there's no such villian. It was a pointless and shitty war.

You're acting like you know how the movie will end or what it will be about. In Batman v Superman Wonder Woman said she left mankind behind because of what happened in the world wars, probably because she realized how pointless their wars were.

pls stop trying to /lit/

No user, you are the meme

Indeed. It's how badly Germany got fucked by WW1 that made Hitler look like a good idea. Nobody came out of that looking pretty except occasionally in their own heads.

So what will Warner Bros do when this also fails to meet expectations?

did secretaries not get paid in the 1910's or something?

why does wonder woman misunderstand what slavery is?

MoS and BvS made just enough money that they barely didn't make their money back.

The thing is though that the money they spent is gone and the money they have coming in still comes in. So they have money, just less than they started with. All WB needed to do was push out enough cheaper movies that the ones that do well cover the small difference, bring on some dumbass producers to pay out of pocket(including perhaps Snyder, who has his name riding on this), and they're back in the game.

It's basically the equivalent of being at poker night, and you have one friend who always wins small hands for five dollars, but loses the big fifty dollar bet. But as soon as his wallet is empty he had some money in his sock or something and he insists on gambling even though he's broke.

That was easily the weakest part of the trailer.

To be fair, the island of Themyscira doesn't have things like 9 to 5 jobs so of course she wouldn't understand.

we wuz white n shit

They specifically worded the scene that way so that anyone who doesn't really examine the facts will agree with what was said, and anyone who objects to it can be dismissed either by accusing them of being misogynist or saying it was just a joke.

It sure is MGTOW in here. I can just smell the cheetos.

Stay triggered, Naziboo.

Holla Forums can't even come up with coherent nicknames anymore.

The joke is the concept is completely foreign to her.

Why couldn't the movie be based on Gods and Mortals?

Set it in the 1980s where nuclear extinction is looming over the population and let Ares be the main villain for Wonder Woman to fight.
Bonus points if Steve Trevor is a Vietnam veteran who knows what it means when brass fucks up and good men on the front die because of this.

kill yourselves

fuck off

oy vey

Quality post, friendo. 10/10

Is this just Holla Forums trying to justify their invasion of this board?
No one on Holla Forums actually thinks this.

To tumblr with you.

Why do I get the feeling this is going to absolutely awful?

This user is correct. DC animation does everything better.

Only Anglos are white, man.

Now THIS is bait

Personally I'm firmly against Wonder Woman fighting the greek gods as her primary "first movie" villain.

The thing is that's the go-to answer for origins but what happens is you pidgeonhole Wonder Woman in the way basically no other hero is and you make her into something she's not. Because after that point she can ONLY fight other gods and wizards and shit because that's what she does. Meanwhile nobody cares if Green Lantern fights a sorcerer or a dictator on earth because that's what he does.

They can be involved, but her villain needs no connection to mythology or the amazons as being direct adversaries. Because in that case she has no rogues gallery besides characters that any hero can fight in any movie. A lack of good rogues support is basically the chief reason nobody gives a fuck about Wonder Woman, while Green Lantern can have Sinestro and Superman can have Lex Luthor and Batman can have the Joker, and only one of those has any relation.

You're far better served by having Wonder Woman fight Doctor Psycho or the Cheetah.

I'd also say that forcing Wonder Woman to be the champion of magic or mythology is clearly a square peg in a round hole in other sense. Anyone who played the DC MMO will remember how Superman and Batman got cool enemies based on their stuff and awesome plotlines, Hal and Ollie got a really cool team up dungeon, and then Diana was stuck with all of one instance based on anything she did, despite being one of the most important characters in the game. Every other thing with her name slapped onto it was originally made for other guys like the shadowpact or the Teen Titans but has the WW logo for no reason other than "she's magic, and the bad guys use magic, so Wonder Woman needs to fight them!".

Scriptwriter…

Unfortunately, Ares is WW's go-to nemesis. Cheetah's a secondary villlain at best (though a potentially memorable one if played well and like she was in JLU).

webm now

Ares and WW basically never actually FIGHT and he's essentially irrelevant after origin stories.

Which is the issue. Everyone has their ideas for a cool badass origin story and they all play out essentially the same, but the second Wonder Woman is in her red top everyone freezes up and there's no ideas but "bring back a character from before the present reboot".

This should have just been a live-action remake of that movie.

I also think it's a mistake to put her in WW1.

If there's a sequel, this movie will be abbreviated as WW1 and the sequel as WW2.

What kind of ass backwards world do we live in where direct to video movies are better than theatrical releases, cartoons made by people in their free time and released on Youtube are better than most cartoons on TV, etc?

Uh how? I don't see how the secretary thing is feminist.

fuck off

Less suits crawling over the set demanding everything be made 'safe' and demanding some control over it so they can feel like a big man.

Verily doth ye speak truth that sears even the maleficent face of Mimir! Brigands they be, therefore us of stout heart and pure motive shall make them quail and flee before our righteous fury! Attend, ye ears of innocence, as ye bear witness to the fate that befalls yonder evil! Follow the path of light and goodness, help with compassion thy fellow man, woman, and child, and ne'er ye shall knowest the wrath of Asgard upon thine skulls!

It be about midday in the North American continent of Midgard. 'Tis when little of value occurs beyond the hordes of Ulik and their brethren. Fear not, brave one, for when night falls upon this land the breath of the dying tickles the grass and the leaves, and ye must ne'er falter! For to look into the face of horror and despair is to forfeit thy very essence! Stand tall and strong, for ye have the blessings of the shields of gold upon ye!

————————

Foul beasts all! If ye so much as raise a neck hair in defiance of the one who controls the lightning and the rain, the wind and the thunder, by my father's all-seeing eye I shall smite thee with the force of all of Midgard's hurricanes! While breath remains I shalt not falter, I shalt not waver in mine eternal vigilance against thy wickedness and atrocity! Have at thee, O villain of Hel!

————————–

By Balder's infinite love, I have rare seen such brazen disregard for respect of others and of oneself! No youths need be insulted with such frivolous abandon! To expose thine shame upon the world, and to those who wish naught but keep thy eyes clear of such abhorrence.. it is enough to light the fires of umbrage in my breast! By the Warriors Three I shalt be the one to expose the errors of thine way in a manner most fitting: prepare, ye follower of darkest fae, for corporal punishment fitting for the most rebellious of children!

————————-

The God of Thunder knowest little of the maiden called Aeris. Thor shall stay his opinion until he may observe her actions and morality.

Her name, though, brings to mind an old friend from centuries past. On Midgard, in the forest called Foreverdark Woods, Thor traveled the land in mortal guise. This woman, I believe her name to be Eris or Aerith, was a woman of the land and of the hunt. Though dour in expression, she was a sweet lass.

Oh, how lost in thought am I! Surely ye wish not to hear a plain tale of past acquaintance, a saga not filled with blood and fire, of hearty clang of steel on buckler! I bid thee farewell, and may the ravens watch over your travels!

————————–

Calm? Calm!? When the tide of battle nearly awashes us all with the sweat and broken bones of the foes of Asgard, ye wish for serenity!? Never shall any quell the battlelust in our hearts and minds! 'Tis overwhelming joy to let the love of combat and conquest flow through the veins of the warrior-born like unstoppable rapids! May the hot splash of blood on bearded face fill ye with pride of yourself and of your war-brothers! May all-father Odin pluck out an eye and let ye know battle-blessing like unto no other! Let ring the dischord of battle, of steel on wood, of stone on bone, of opened flesh and battered organs, make ye cry in ecstasy and praise of your sons! May your entrance to Valhalla be painted with thine own sweat and blood! For Odin! For Asgaaaaaard!

That's not cool. He killed himself after he found out the meme about him.

Most Asgardians care little for those who refuse to fight with honor, preferring heady combat where they may shout their warcries to the face of the enemy. However, in the case of the ninja, direct battle against the brutal samurai would be most foolhardy! There are times when dagger is more useful than claymore, though many of my brethren are loathe to admit.

Many may think it odd that I, the God of Thunder, would call out the samurai for their brazen disregard for the lives of the weak. But I withdrew support for my favored people, the vikings, when it came to my attention the sickening atrocities they were committing in mine name! I allowed the christians to overrun them and end their reign of terror.

But the past is past, we need not dwell on the sorrows of yestercentury. In this new world where violence doth not rule, such things cannot continue. But we may still look back with joy at our romanticized glory! Take heart, noble modern ninja, and enjoy honoring the heritage of time lost!

———————-

Where beist these belligerent vagabonds of which ye speak? They seem to cause many a soul's discontentment and rancor! If I, Thor Odinson, knoweth where these empty braggarts doth dwell, then the lord of storms, the king of the rain and the wind, the god of thunder and lightning, may smite them for their vicious slander and spineless warfare!

Is it bad that the only thing that interests me about the WW1 setting is the possibility of an Enemy Ace cameo/reference?

Nobody here has noted the obvious point that Wonder Woman is a ridiculous character (even among capeshit) that DC has yet to figure out what to do with.

She has never had a writer define her for modern audiences in the way Frank Miller did for Batman. She has no villains who are both remarkable and unique to her. Her premise is rooted in the more openly female supremacist feminism which DC has long been awkward about.

I thought the William Messnr-Loebs/George Perez run was the definitive modern one, tying her in with Greek mythology, like a precursor to Xena.

Blame Mike Deodato Jr. for killing that, just like he did Peter David's Hulk.

What did he do?

When I think of Wonder Woman, I think of Perez's run. For me, he wrote the definitive Wonder Woman. Believable, likable, respectable, and inhabiting a world that was both uniquely hers and meshed with the DC Universe.

Wonder Woman's problem is that while she has a lot of great individual runs or issues(and she does. back in the day half/co/ had a good sized reccomended reading list for her and it covered a good stretch of time), it never really "chains together" in the way other A-Listers do.

Like Superman has Lex Luthor, Braniac, and a regular rogues gallery to fight. Wonder Woman doesn't, because every fucking run chucks her rogues gallery for some kind of OC except maybe Cheetah or Ares, who doesn't count since he's a generic bad guy from mythology who's thrown in as an excuse more than anything.

Green Lantern has a specific narrative that plays out through multiple runs starting with O'Neil until Kyle Rayner showed up, and the authors put a lot of respect into references to previous runs. Hal Jordan's best friends and relationships are preserved and he's clearly the same guy. Even O'Neil may have done some shake ups but he learned his lesson from a disastrous Wonder Woman run and made sure Hal was even then very much the same person as before his run began. But it's stuff like O'Neils Wonder Woman run that kills the character, because everyone wants "their" take on her so she has a lot of reboots but nobody knows where to take her after that, and obviously the fans don't like it if they just come on then suddenly someone pulls the rug out.

Batman for the most part has a specific mood. He may do the bat-dance but for the most part his story is kind of moody because his parents are dead and he's dealing with orphans and serial killers and he needs to use his wits. Even in wacky camp series he's still Batman in some sense or another because he still needs to fight crime with his wits. Meanwhile nobody knows what Wonder Woman needs to fight. Going beyond just villains she's either a bright happy hero or a moody bitch or in Sensation Comics she's just an unpleasant woman who hangs out at the docks for no reason.

Even Azzrello's run, which was heralded as being one of the few actually good comics of the New 52, was as divisive as always. It used the same cop-out ideas and characters that existing fans didn't really like, changed the characters mood, appearance, and powers to a visible degree, and was followed up by a run that sought to undo all of that for a totally different vision and aesthetic.

Sure thing kiddo

Oh okay, fair enough. Didn't watch or care about BvS.

I was gonna say that DC's other big heroes also have plenty of shitty runs (lel), but you're right. Wonder Woman has way more of the problems you just laid out. Man, that's sad.

Come on, it's obvious why they did it.
They're making her into their version of Captain America. They even gave her a goddamn Captain America shield.

Captain America in the movies cant even lift half a ton!

Was that last scene supposed to be funny?

Past DC cartoons are better than film these days.

A world is called the Berenstainverse and it is our Hell.

Fuck.

Deodato didn't do anything. Place the blame on Byrne, who wrote one of the worst Wonder Woman runs ever. The only saving grace of that entire run was Cassandra Sandsmark, who other writers (Peter David) wrote much, much better

Perez

They should have put in it in WWII. That way they could have used Enemy Ace, they could have used Blackhawks. In fact, they should have just put this shit in the modern day and done a Blackhawks movie as the period piece

Really? Proof?

So, who actually gives a fuck about wonder woman?

When you drink the Alt-Right Kool-Aid anything is possible!