Ethnography / Traditional Clothing Thread

Been a while since we had one.

I'd make sweet love to her

they found the eight thinnest people in Arizona, huh?

You can hardly call a powered wheelchair a traditional dress, common as it may be.

give it a few centuries

Quit a pity that the elaborate tattoos of the Chin tribe are about to be banned or already have been banned.

From what I recall, the skin color of the Dravidian woman actually is changed via blue ink, which denotes her low social status.

this is an awesome thread op!

pic semi related

I remember that pic - weren't those two brothers?

Quite amazing how different choices can shape you.

The famous checker-patterned clothing of the Massai actually was introduced by a Scottish missionary.

Fuck everything.

I like the chinese mythology skin paxk on minecraft

I need an auto-dumper, damnit

Genetically speaking, the San people are one of the oldest human populations on earth.

Given that women can't run around unveiled (or else they get stoned to death), the men of Saudi-Arabia have taken it upon themselves to look pretty instead, and formed beauty cults.

Mind you that none of them are gay (which would also get them killed).

The Wodabe people have an annual contest in which they decide who amongst their men is the prettiest.

Aaand that's a wrap, finally. If you have similar pics, feel free to share them. I'm always looking to expand my collection

That's a Polish actress who played an ethnically presumably Lithuanian (and culturally Polish) character in the movie version of the epic "Pan Tadeusz". Google "Alicja Bachleda-Curuś" if you want more of her.
t. watched the movie instead of reading the book

I guess you have to take the good of modernization with the bad. :^(

Lol, is that really the best picture of a frenchman you could muster? How about something like this?

Wait, there's something good about modernization too?

I dont know man, having access to global travel, public education, and non-herbal medicines seems alright to me, but that's not my call to make in the long run.

Thanks for posting all these op; it was quite interesting. I love the coinage sewn directly on a number of the outfits, particularly the Armenian girls in these:

And the Afghan girl here:

Mexican

Yaqui Tribe, Mexico

Deer Dance

Mexican Norteño Street Gang

ALL Northern California & Other American States (primarily Western States)

Nuestra Familia is the Prison Gang that Controls Norteño Criminal Street Activity

Their Color is Red & Their Symbols are 14, X4, XIV, Huelga Bird and the Letter N, which stand for 14, which Stands for N, which Stands for Norte (North), Nuestra Familia, & Northern California…